Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? (41165 Views)

It's Like This Obi's Prophecy Is Working Small Small / Question. Is This Obi Collecting His Certificate Of Return? / Kwankwaso Is Making Obi's Pathway To Victory Easier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by aylipple: 5:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
pacespot:
I know the top three candidates will even each other out, but the one with more voters spread will carry the day. That is why I will enjoin labour party to start campaigning vigorously in the North, after all, Obi did not choose datti as his running mate for nothing.

Spot on. The LP is living in delusion that it has any foothold in the North meanwhile it doesn't even have a toe-hold there. The closest the party will come to not being beaten mercilessly in that region will be the votes from Northcentral which in itself, will be akin to what PMB got in the Southeast in the 2015 polls.

Unfortunately, time is too short for the party to make any significant inroads in the North moreso thay NNPP is very much in play there: if only egos were set aside & Kwankwaso partnered with Obi on a joint ticket the outcome would be different.

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
Roboto11:
Some got hopes and dreams..

We've got ways and means...

C'mon shattap
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by BlazinGlory40: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2023
Wickedfact:
Before you say Obi will win, if them put election on Monday morning, your papa fit come out from under the bed where him dey hide?

Oga, election is on 25th of february. The last time I checked it wasn’t a Monday.

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by BlazinGlory40: 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
opeldavid:
Peter Obi still has more work to do. We should no be carried away with subjective polls.

PO needs to penetrate the North. That is the key to winning this election.

Yes! He will campaign in the north but he won’t kill himself over places that are not his stronghold.

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by einsteine(m): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
Fibonacci88:

The same methodology used by ANAP was used to predict previous elections accurately. Same statistical methodology is used by organizations to predict sales and customer satisfaction. KPMG does random sampling of banks customers to rank banks based forcustomer satisfaction ranking. If this method is dishonest, why will reputable firms use this as a predictive tool. You dont expect them to call everybody thats where statistics comes in.

What do you think is the appropriate sample size to survey for the presidential elections? And what is the most reliable way to carry out such survey?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Allisgud: 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2023
Betnaija supposed create space for betting for this fourth coming election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Joevics(m): 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2023
ote author=BluntTheApostle post=119775905]

I don't mean to be rude, but you people are delusional.

You project LP to garner over 10 million votes? From where would they get that?

ANAP and whatever other poll you use offered sampled results. They are inferential statistics.

If you sampled 1000 respondents, and 60% want Obi, how do you generalize such result to a population of 93.5 million registered voters?

Remember, the survey was administered via phone calls, and we know that one limitation of the phone survey is that respondent always tend to be dishonest, or may not reveal their true intention for fear of being judged. You call someone who is in the midst of people shouting Obi, of course he would readily declare for Obi, but might vote someone else on election day.

Another limitation of the phone survey are the biases, such as coverage bias. Did the survey cover the whole country, or did it it miss a bulk of the true registered voters?[/quote]
Lol. One of these surveys was done face to face in the rural areas, not via phone calls. But you guys reject it, only to accept Thisday Projection that was done in the studio.

Who is really delusional?
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by seanwilliam(m): 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2023
Honestly speaking, this election is between Tinubu and Atiku . Peter Obi needs house-to-house , town-to-town campaign. He needs grassroots structure and support . Emotions don’t win elections. It’s a game of numbers and structures. It’s so unfortunate .

I could remember the last election , every poll both online and offline , was in support of Atiku, infact , Buhari didn’t win any online poll conducted on Twitter and nairaland , he was the most criticized , but at the end he beat Atiku by landslide.

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by qtx(m): 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2023
hmmmm
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by olatuns2017: 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2023
Fibonacci88:
With the buildup to the next elections, many permutations and projections have been thrown arround. The polls, projections all point to one winner. Peter Obi. This pill might be hard to swallow by PDP and APC as they are yet to understand why a structureless party is gathering so much momentum. I have made my own projections based on ANAP and the rececnt BANTUPAGE polls. While ANAP has been a very reputable poll with a decent track record, I was very pleased with the work done by BANTUPAGE hence the need for my own projection based on this two polls. I have attached my projections which i did with xcel. The zones in yellow shows zone i had to do a bit of adjustment. The other zones not colored are zones were the BANTUPAGE projections or ANAP was used without any further input. I had to separate lagos from SW cos 50% of registerd voters in SW are in lagos. Those who understand statistics would understand the need for this. The ANAP poll predicts a landslide for Obi, but I think the election will go down the wire even though Obi will win. Hence I had to combine with that of BANTU which drilled down into ethnicity and religion which will play a major role in this election.

SOUTH-SOUTH- I lowered LP party to get 50% though obi was given 66% on Bantu poll and 46% on ANAP. APC- 10%, PDP-20%

SOUTHWEST- No adjustment was made data from BantuPage.
SOUTHEAST- I had to use ANAP as i couldnt get any poll from Bantu.
NORTH CENTRAL- ANAP was used
NORTH WEST- No adjustment. I had to go with Bantu cos i feel the ANAP poll overstimated LP in this Zone
NORTH-EAST- I had to use Bantu poll even though it dint capture Borno, Yobe and Bauchi. I believe this is an APC stronghold. BANTU POLL gave the following- LP- 15, APC-12, PDP-37(This % didnt capture Borno, Yobe and Bauchi hence i had to do the adjustment.) LP- 15%, APC- 40%, PDP-37. This is APC stronghold hence i expect them to win this region.
SUMMARY
LP- 10,917,751
APC- 7,753,050
PDP- 7,279,552
NNPP- 2,427,785
Feel free to air your opinion. No insult or tribal slur. If you have a pathway for your candidate feel free to let us know.

Pls if you want to bet from 200k to 500k

Peter Gerigory Obi will not smell/ close to 2nd position in 2023 elections pls let me know

Nairaland management will hold the money

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Millz404(m): 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
femijamz:
If Peter OBI win next month general election make my left hand bend

Say make you die if you get strong mind
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Starhearts: 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
Think9ja:
kiss

I will be here to mock these fools by the time INEC starts reading results.

You don't believe Atiku can win election without the useless G-5 guys but you believe Pandora can be president without a single councilor on his party's platform

Your lord and savior will not win one state in Nigeria.

Screenshot this and quote me with it next month

Help Me tell dem

Peter OBITUARY will come distant 3rd..
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Starhearts: 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
Think9ja:
kiss

I will be here to mock these fools by the time INEC starts reading results.

You don't believe Atiku can win election without the useless G-5 guys but you believe Pandora can be president without a single councilor on his party's platform

Your lord and savior will not win one state in Nigeria.

Screenshot this and quote me with it next month

Help Me tell dem

Peter OBITUARY will come distant 3rd

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Millz404(m): 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2023
Flier:
There is no Path to victory for obi because the system does not favour him
Even if Obi wins 100 millon vote,there is no way he can win election if he doesn't win 25% in 24 States,something that is practically impossible for him to achieve
Obi will get enough votes in SS,SE,SW and NC but forget the rest he won't get 10%

And how many of the other candidates will win 25 percentage in 24 state?
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Ttalk: 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ennoloa:

You are delusioned

Who have the highest voting % [Youths] Apart from Agberos, Touts, Akanbi Akanbi people

Which Youth in Lagos like Tinubu

Go to your street and ask people if they are happy buying Fuel at a high cost and would they still vote for APC

Am not here for epistle. Just to drum it to your stubborn head that LP and Peter Obi will not win 1 LG in Lagos state.

Nothing consign me with how much you buy fuel

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Ennoloa: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ttalk:

Am not here for epistle. Just to drum it to your stubborn head that LP and Peter Obi will not win 1 LG in Lagos state.

Nothing consign me with how much you buy fuel

E no consign you but e consign a lot people that would vote
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Meagainstthem: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
This people can be funny shagrin

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Dandollars311(m): 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Fibonacci88:
With the buildup to the next elections, many permutations and projections have been thrown arround. The polls, projections all point to one winner. Peter Obi. This pill might be hard to swallow by PDP and APC as they are yet to understand why a structureless party is gathering so much momentum. I have made my own projections based on ANAP and the rececnt BANTUPAGE polls. While ANAP has been a very reputable poll with a decent track record, I was very pleased with the work done by BANTUPAGE hence the need for my own projection based on this two polls. I have attached my projections which i did with xcel. The zones in yellow shows zone i had to do a bit of adjustment. The other zones not colored are zones were the BANTUPAGE projections or ANAP was used without any further input. I had to separate lagos from SW cos 50% of registerd voters in SW are in lagos. Those who understand statistics would understand the need for this. The ANAP poll predicts a landslide for Obi, but I think the election will go down the wire even though Obi will win. Hence I had to combine with that of BANTU which drilled down into ethnicity and religion which will play a major role in this election.

SOUTH-SOUTH- I lowered LP party to get 50% though obi was given 66% on Bantu poll and 46% on ANAP. APC- 10%, PDP-20%

NORTH WEST- No adjustment. I had to go with Bantu cos i feel the ANAP poll overstimated LP in this Zone
NORTH-EAST- I had to use Bantu poll even though it dint capture Borno, Yobe and Bauchi. I believe this is an APC stronghold. BANTU POLL gave the following- LP- 15, APC-12, PDP-37(This % didnt capture Borno, Yobe and Bauchi hence i had to do the adjustment.) LP- 15%, APC- 40%, PDP-37. This is APC stronghold hence i expect them to win this region.
SUMMARY
LP- 10,917,751
APC- 7,753,050
PDP- 7,279,552
NNPP- 2,427,785
Feel free to air your opinion. No insult or tribal slur. If you have a pathway for your candidate feel free to let us know.

Even if Peter Obi wins with more than 10,000 votes in each State,I will still think they rigged the election because APC and PDP urchins should be counted as one sane individual in every of their 50 supporters.
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
Roboto11:
Some got hopes and dreams..

We've got ways and means...

Don't you think mentally challenged people should be receiving care rather than being exposed to ridicule.
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by vowiski(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

ANAP and whatever other poll you use offered sampled results. They are inferential statistics.

If you sampled 1000 respondents, and 60% want Obi, how do you generalize such result to a population of 93.5 million registered voters?

Remember, the survey was administered via phone calls, and we know that one limitation of the phone survey is that respondent always tend to be dishonest, or may not reveal their true intention for fear of being judged. You call someone who is in the midst of people shouting Obi, of course he would readily declare for Obi, but might vote someone else on election day.

Another limitation of the phone survey are the biases, such as coverage bias. Did the survey cover the whole country, or did it it miss a bulk of the true registered voters?

Stop embarrassing yourself online.

It’s called a poll for that reason .. All the projections CNN, FOX and likes does , you think they use the entire population to reach a conclusion ?

Now it is biased because your preferred party isn’t willing..

One thing you need to know is that with BVAS and people have little faith in INEC, we won’t have voter apathy …

And also know that a lot of people who want to vote OBi are not card carrying members and you don’t see them in campaigns rallies.

I admire Labour Party, their ability to gather such people in their meetings without monetary inducement is something to be proud of a Nigerian.

Even if he loses, he has created a pathway.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by adioolayi(m): 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2023
You try..

Your assertions are skewed in my opinion..

Alloting APC 1.6 M vote and giving 1.1M vote to LP and PDP less than 600k SW

You are saying LP will beat APC and PDP in NC

Technically saying LP will win almost all ballot in SS...even with PDP VP from Delta State and with Edo State, Bayelsa PDP States

It's okay.

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by casualobserver: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2023
Fibonacci88:

SUMMARY
LP- 10,917,751
APC- 7,753,050
PDP- 7,279,552
NNPP- 2,427,785
delusional

2 Likes

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by rajsuresh(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
Fibonacci88:

SUMMARY
LP- 10,917,751
APC- 7,753,050
PDP- 7,279,552
NNPP- 2,427,785
This can only be accomplished if we all get our PVCs and use them diligently on the election day.Please let's all get our PVCs!!!!!
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Parachoko: 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
Fibonacci88:

SUMMARY
LP- 10,917,751
APC- 7,753,050
PDP- 7,279,552
NNPP- 2,427,785
So you feel Obi will do well against Asiwaju in the South West, but you gave Asiwaju an horrible vote in the South East

Your eyes go open next month

You comot Lagos from SW, and give majority of Lagos vote to Obi grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Omoawoke: 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Another limitation of the phone survey are the biases, such as coverage bias. Did the survey cover the whole country, or did it it miss a bulk of the true registered voters?

Dem never know anything yet.
I was in a group of friends, they kept hailing obi and mocking Tinubu, calling him bulala ba… I joined them in the mockery and hailed Peter obi. In my mind, I know I’ll never vote Peter obi

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by OldNairalander(m): 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
Abobi I don already forget the whole thing.
The guy sef na one local jobless man like that.
He attended Kwara poly and I'm sure he can't feed well with the HND. (Adeyeye James).
Still wondering why he's supporting APC.
His profile is too local for me to waste resources on.

DeJoeee:
@femijamz.
Boy how old are you?
No dey cap anyhow online ooo. This nairaland is not faceless as you think.
I saw the below quoted post that's why I'm quoting you.
I don see where truth or dare kpai one guy like that for street.

@Oldnairalander I want to believe you're not serious with this. Some of us only come here to catch cruise and forget daily worries abeg.

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Omoawoke: 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
nero2face:
I am an Igbo, proudly one, and am voting for PO, but if my reason for voting him is for ethnic reasons then I pray he loose, but if am voting him FOR A BETTERNIGERIA then victory is his...please for the sake of our own future, let's vote PETER OBI for our future and the future of our country

Every single Igbo person is saying this.
Is this a coincidence or what. Don’t be ashamed to admit it, sentiments will always rule

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Omoawoke: 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ennoloa:

E no consign you but e consign a lot people that would vote

Obi will not win 1 LG in Lagos, he go shock una grin

Come and learn politics 101

1 Like

Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by GoodCane: 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

This one is already wailing in agony and frustrations
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by Ttalk: 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
adioolayi:
You try..

Your assertions are skewed in my opinion..

Alloting APC 1.6 M vote and giving 1.1M vote to LP and PDP less than 600k SW

You are saying LP will beat APC and PDP in NC

Technically saying LP will win almost all ballot in SS...even with PDP VP from Delta State and with Edo State, Bayelsa PDP States

It's okay.

grin grin grin

Don't mind them, PDP will perform better than LP in SW.

LP will not win 1 LG in the entire SW
Re: Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? by joyandfaith: 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
seanwilliam:
Honestly speaking, this election is between Tinubu and Atiku . Peter Obi needs house-to-house , town-to-town campaign. He needs grassroots structure and support . Emotions don’t win elections. It’s a game of numbers and structures. It’s so unfortunate .

ANAP predicted Buhari as winner in 2015 and 2019. But the truth is that Obi wouldn't get 25% in 2/3 of the states at the current rate.

I could remember the last election , every poll both online and offline , was in support of Atiku, infact , Buhari didn’t win any online poll conducted on Twitter and nairaland , he was the most criticized , but at the end he beat Atiku by landslide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenneth Imasuagbon: I Won’t Step Down For Obaseki, Even In My Dreams / Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? / Sowore’s Revolution: Shehu Sani, Dele Momodu React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.