Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe (21102 Views)

Living Faith Creates USSD CODE To Facilitate Offerings And Tithes Online. / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by jaxxy(m): 12:04am On Jan 09, 2023
Abi1985:

Then God be the judge, the best the church can do is to correct such pastors with love. And if the church cannot correct such pastors, if the pastor is stealing then the church can report him to the authorities if he fails to change his ways.

Jesus said gove to the needy, love and help ur neighbours and u have given to him, he didn't say give to the church so 1 mam can't buy private jet and then let him be the judge.

The church is ment for the sheep not 1 man to do as he likes.

jeaua warned us about false prophets and teaching bt we are acting like we do not know the truth.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 09, 2023
jaxxy:

If he's using his personal money yes good for him by if he's using the money he made u give for the church work to flex then NO that Is totally wrong.

Paul who started churches told the Christians of the early church, "I'm not here to take advantage of u even though I can as ur leader/pastor , I do my own hand work as a tent makers and I am content with what I have."

That is how pastors should behave and leave church funds alone. its not ur personal piggy bank.

Jesus didn't take money from his disciples or people to build mansion for Mary or Joseph. They were carpenters.
Agreed
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 09, 2023
Samantha123:
Some churches can indirectly force a person to give.. There's this one church I once went to and the pastor would sometimes choose the amount of money the church members are supposed to give and this wasn't just little money, but it was a lot of money.

The offering consisted of three categories.. The rich, the middle class, and the poor.

I was placed in the middle class, but I told them that I couldn't afford the amount of offering I was expected to give.. The pastor at first acted like he understood, but few days later when I was at home, he called me and told me of how the church needed the money and started using the Bible to guilt trip me.

I ended up giving the last money I had on me just so the pastor could let me be.

Again if you are pressure to give or feeling guilty to give, then do not give because it is not from your heart. Change to a church that do not pressure you or make you feel guilty at all so you can give according to your heart and freely
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 09, 2023
skuribeebo:
when you enter your church , you saw generator, tv , speakers , chairs , fan , cars, etc. Se na ur papa buy am.
Oga pay tithe or Bleep off.
Of course the money or gifts from tithes and offerings are needed to run the church. I am not against giving except one is pressured or felt guilty to give.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

So why is EFCC pursuing yahoo boys up and down? Afterall they didn't put a gun on anyone's head to pay? We should be celebrating Ponzi scheme merchants too because they only convinced "investors" to pay. In all cases, yahoo guys, Ponzi merchants and pastors are asking gullible people to pay and expect rewards they know that they cannot deliver. They then turn around and live big on people's sweats. That's why they are all fraudsters.

/
Because yahoo boys hack businesses bank account and steal millions e.g Hushpuppi Ponzi merchants intention from beginning is to swindle and deceive so they steal or con. Churches need the money or gifts from offerings and tithes to run activities ; the church intention is not to scam people and at the same time, no one should be force to give or feel pressured or guilty to give. Giving should be done from the heart freely and cheerfully.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by InvertedHammer: 2:47am On Jan 09, 2023
Abi1985:

Because yahoo boys hack businesses bank account and steal millions e.g Hushpuppi Ponzi merchants intention from beginning is to swindle and deceive so they steal or con. Churches need the money or gifts from offerings and tithes to run activities ; the church intention is not to scam people and at the same time, no one should be force to give or feel pressured or guilty to give. Giving should be done from the heart freely and cheerfully.

/
Free will indeed. When celebrity pastors are threatening people with hell fire for not paying tithes. That's more of coercion using bestowed authority than free will. I guess 3 private jets are used for church activities when only the scammer and his family have access to it. The university they built, many contributors cannot afford to send their children to the school. It doesn't help that they fire pastors and close down branches that are not "profitable". So much for God's work.

/
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 09, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
Free will indeed. When celebrity pastors are threatening people with hell fire for not paying tithes. That's more of coercion using bestowed authority than free will. I guess 3 private jets are used for church activities when only the scammer and his family have access to it. The university they built, many contributors cannot afford to send their children to the school. It doesn't help that they fire pastors and close down branches that are not "profitable". So much for God's work.

/

It is only a very few churches or less than
1% that use private jets for your information, majority of churches I know do not even have one. A church with multiple locations worldwide can afford to a private jet or build a school or hospital e.g the Roman Catholic church. Some Pastors have regular jobs to feed their families and to take of their bills. So let us end the stereotype that pastors automatically are instantly rich because they are using the church money as their own personal bank account . This is not true
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 09, 2023
Ddworld:

This response makes you what? You wrote why people are castigating and the man gave you a good response. Instead of you to agree or give more details, you acted like a coward. You were never prepared for such question, right? Mu+

Because I do not know the answer, all I know is it is not by force to give and you should give freely. Give without pressure or conjure or make to feel guilty or bad. If you are pressured or cornered or made to feel guilty, then do not give at all because it is not from your heart
Ask a pastor , they are many and one can give you an answer
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Ubenedictus(m): 10:27am On Feb 13, 2023
donbenie:
Read my comment very carefully..
I said The Roman Catholic Church is the main offshoot of the ORIGINAL CHURCH..
I never said the Roman Catholic Church was the original church..
And no, the name Roman Catholic Church did not come about,because of Anglicans and them pulling away.
It predates that event by a few Centuries.. cheesy

you can show me where the term Roman Catholic church was used some centuries before Anglicans

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Interrogates Biodun Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary / May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.