Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe (21101 Views)

Living Faith Creates USSD CODE To Facilitate Offerings And Tithes Online. / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Powersurge: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2023
Abi1985:
Since the time I was born, I have never seen a pastor carry gun and force person to give offerings or tithe.

So why are churches getting bad rep? No be by force to give, if you do not want to give, then do not give. After all, na your own money, so it is up to you to give or not to give. If you feel pressure or you are reluctant to give, please do not give at all.

If they talk sow a seed of 10,0000 naira or 50 naira, and you do not have or you do not want to give, do not stress yourself at all. Give what you can give easily and cheerful and if you do not want to, then don't.

Pastor can use words to persuade someone to give. At the end of the day, it is up to individuals to decide to give or not. So leave the Pastors and let them be.

If Pastor fly private jet, well good for him. If he use body guards, good for him. The body guards are getting paid and the private jet is not free.

E be like say dem never broke-shame you into giving before.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2023
donbenie:
Lol..
I'm not here to teach you history..
Christians were persecuted and exterminated to almost extinction..
Until a Roman Emperor adopted it as the state religion..
Do your research..

You're confused.

How can whatever the emperor did mean the same as creation?

Is Christianity now a property of the emperor?

The history is useless here.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by SeriouslySense(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2023
What belongs to God, is more than money, its our being for he is our creator, he owns everything how can you pay him, remember the commandments of God.

Love God with all your whole self.

Love your neighbor as yourself, this summarizes everything.

But if you love money, it is the root of all evils.

elonize:
Deuteronomy 14:22-29...n Malachi .

Den Jesus den reaffirmed dis...give to Caesar's wat is Caesar's n to God,wat is God..
So what belongs to God,tithes n offerings.
Let me ask u,so wat belongs God?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by donbenie(m): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

You're confused.

How can whatever the emperor did mean the same as creation?

Is Christianity now a property of the emperor?

The history is useless here.
Unfortunately..
History doesn't care about your whims..
It is what it is..
And clearly, you never bothered to read any of it.. cheesy
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2023
donbenie:
Unfortunately..
History doesn't care about your whims..
It is what it is..
And clearly, you never bothered to read any of it.. cheesy

What is the use of it here?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 08, 2023
Abi1985:

Ask the pastor , I am not a pastor. When you go church tomorrow , ask a pastor and will give you your answers accordingly

This response makes you what? You wrote why people are castigating and the man gave you a good response. Instead of you to agree or give more details, you acted like a coward. You were never prepared for such question, right? Mu+
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Akalia(m): 11:31am On Jan 08, 2023
Righthussle:

The bolded are the lies Christainity is built on.
Bro Christianity aside. Those vital points I mentioned are not some man-made theories, they are real and active. I am a living witness. The holy spirit is real, Everthing about God is real.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by donbenie(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

What is the use of it here?
The use of it is that if you know the history of Christianity, and how it got to you..
You would not have been up in arms,if it is referred to as the White Man's religion..
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Theunbothered: 11:33am On Jan 08, 2023
Basicend:

That why Christianity has become powerless.

I am sure you are not a genuine born again.

People like you will complain about holy living. . You will see reason to fornicate etc.

That is why Christianity has become so powerless. Coz of his mercies. .

Sounds like emotional blackmail to scam people out of their money because this has no relationship to anyone I said.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Theunbothered: 11:34am On Jan 08, 2023
ariesbull:
na levels naaaa....if you know you know

God doesn't need our money to bless us...

In short it is a insult to God for you to even think you will h�bribe him f♥����

So why are these pastors always demanding cash for blessing and breakthrough?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Peterosky(m): 11:38am On Jan 08, 2023
Abi1985:
Since the time I was born, I have never seen a pastor carry gun and force person to give offerings or tithe.

So why are churches getting bad rep? No be by force to give, if you do not want to give, then do not give. After all, na your own money, so it is up to you to give or not to give. If you feel pressure or you are reluctant to give, please do not give at all.

If they talk sow a seed of 10,0000 naira or 50 naira, and you do not have or you do not want to give, do not stress yourself at all. Give what you can give easily and cheerful and if you do not want to, then don't.

Pastor can use words to persuade someone to give. At the end of the day, it is up to individuals to decide to give or not. So leave the Pastors and let them be.

If Pastor fly private jet, well good for him. If he use body guards, good for him. The body guards are getting paid and the private jet is not free.
.Op,I have been suspended by a Pastor for not paying tithe. So what do you have to say about that?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2023
donbenie:
The use of it is that if you know the history of Christianity, and how it got to you..
You would not have been up in arms,if it is referred to as the White Man's religion..

According to you
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by KeyEndurance: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2023
Righthussle:

Hide your face in shame abeg. Pulpit bandit. Why use armed body guards and bulletproof cars when the white man's god you call " almighty " can protect you ?

Heaven is this , heaven is that, there are many mansions there, you'll enjoy everlasting life when you die yet you no wan die go enjoy the everlasting life. Unknown gunmen want to send you to that your beautiful heaven quick, you run go buy bulletproof car. Who you dey fool ? I no blame una. Soon everybody will know the truth that religion is built on lies. Religion is a scam.
Is That Why Your People Are Killing Us in The Church?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by elonize(m): 11:43am On Jan 08, 2023
SeriouslySense:
What belongs to God, is more than money, its our being for he is our creator, he owns everything how can you pay him, remember the commandments of God.

Love God with all your whole self.

Love your neighbor as yourself, this summarizes everything.

But if you love money, it is the root of all evils.

every religion has rules,God has his.so also der r tasks attached to d worship of any supernatural being...can God cm down n operate d church?no...can devil also cm down to take charge,no.
Dis is 1 of testing loyalty... So if u say d commandments n loving ones neighbor is d only tin required..den u haven't gotten d rest correctly...
Obey d 10commandments
Abstain frm sin
Pay ur tithes n offerings
Loving ones neighbor
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by KeyEndurance: 11:44am On Jan 08, 2023
Righthussle:

Hide your face in shame abeg. Pulpit bandit. Why use armed body guards and bulletproof cars when the white man's god you call " almighty " can protect you ?

Heaven is this , heaven is that, there are many mansions there, you'll enjoy everlasting life when you die yet you no wan die go enjoy the everlasting life. Unknown gunmen want to send you to that your beautiful heaven quick, you run go buy bulletproof car. Who you dey fool ? I no blame una. Soon everybody will know the truth that religion is built on lies. Religion is a scam.
is that why your people are killing us in A church
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by SeriouslySense(m): 11:51am On Jan 08, 2023
Its clearly stated in the new testament, give freely, it is not a test of your loyalty, give freely and not grudgingly.

Why must you put chains on your necks, when they have been broken, why are you making compulsory the law of Moses, which applied to the Jews, under the old covenant.

Which one will be more appreciated, giving that comes from the heart, or giving that comes under compulsion.

Also everyone is encouraged to work diligently, this is wise for its prevent thief's and robbers from exploiting people.

elonize:
every religion has rules,God has his.so also der r tasks attached to d worship of any supernatural being...can God cm down n operate d church?no...can devil also cm down to take charge,no.
Dis is 1 of testing loyalty... So if u say d commandments n loving ones neighbor is d only tin required..den u haven't gotten d rest correctly...
Obey d 10commandments
Abstain frm sin
Pay ur tithes n offerings
Loving ones neighbor
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:55am On Jan 08, 2023
ariesbull:
pastors collecting tithes is impersonation they are not levites ....

Let's get this striaght...many are gullible so we can't allow smart sweet talking pastors to use them

JESUS CHRIST NEVER SAID WE SHOULD PAY TITHES ABEG
Neither did Jesus condemned tithing either. Tithing is not compulsory for any believer. If you believe in it, give. If you don't believe not give. No one will kill you nor stop you from coming to church if you don't tithe. And those that don't believe should allows those that believe in it to do their things in peace.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Geesaintagape: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2023
Mental or psychological threat or blackmail is worse than physical, gun, threat.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by InvertedHammer: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
Abi1985:

/

So why is EFCC pursuing yahoo boys up and down? Afterall they didn't put a gun on anyone's head to pay? We should be celebrating Ponzi scheme merchants too because they only convinced "investors" to pay. In all cases, yahoo guys, Ponzi merchants and pastors are asking gullible people to pay and expect rewards they know that they cannot deliver. They then turn around and live big on people's sweats. That's why they are all fraudsters.

/
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by elonize(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Its clearly stated in the new testament, give freely, it is not a test of your loyalty, give freely and not grudgingly.

Why must you put chains on your necks, when they have been broken, why are you making compulsory the law of Moses, which applied to the Jews, under the old covenant.

so u r saying d old testament is irrelevant. Its a test of loyalty.. D old testament gave birth to d new testament.because u av dis ideology dat its nt by force, so u refused to give in church,but rada in d streets...
Dats y I'm asking u dis,assuming u belong to an occult n dey asked u for tithe ..will u say its not by force?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by fuckboys: 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

There's nothing like white man 's God anywhere.
you know we had our owns gods before the white men came?

You're still suffering from mental colonization.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by donbenie(m): 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

According to you
Lol..
Under the White Man's mentorship..
Christianity went from being burned at the stakes,for being a Christian..
To burning Unbelievers at the stakes, for questioning Christian doctrines..
The History of The White Man's religion..

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by SeriouslySense(m): 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
You ask a question i cannot fully give an answer to at this time.

The old testament is the old wine, the old testament was setting the stage and preparing the people for the new testament, the new wine. Therefore we understand better knowing both, our growth is more matured, all scriptures are relevant for our growth and sanctification and work with God.

Fulfillment comes from living in Christ or living in God.

For instance while in the old testament, remission of sin was carried our through the blood of sheeps and rams (maybe i forgot the specific animal) in the new testament the remission of sin is once through the perfect Son of God who is without any blemish.

In Case of tithing giving one tenth of offerings is like giving the one tenth of the best of everything one had, in the new testament, we ought to give our life to God that Christ lives in us, and we work according to his Spirit. ( My interpretation about the new testament is not backed by scriptures right now, so i may be wrong, if i cannot back it up)

But what i know and can back up with scriptures, is that the children of God, are not suppose to give grudgingly, they should only give freely as they are lead to, no one should try to test their loyalty, their loyalty is first to God.

elonize:
so u r saying d old testament is irrelevant. Its a test of loyalty.. D old testament gave birth to d new testament.because u av dis ideology dat its nt by force, so u refused to give in church,but rada in d streets...
Dats y I'm asking u dis,assuming u belong to an occult n dey asked u for tithe ..will u say its not by force?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by adenine02: 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

I only asked certain questions.

Why not answer instead of wasting time??

Bros Jesus sent by God never imposed himself on anybody.

But the whitemen Jesus was imposed on black people and that's whom most Christians are worshiping.

If you don't believe me type Jesus on Google image you'll the picture of the white man below.

Don't forget, Jesus is from Israel and know what the real Israelis looks like and nothing like the picture below

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
Peterosky:
.Op,I have been suspended by a Pastor for not paying tithe. So what do you have to say about that?

Then change your church
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by elonize(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
SeriouslySense:
You ask a question i cannot fully give an answer to at this time.

The old testament is the old wine, the old testament was setting the stage and preparing the people for the new testament, the new wine. Therefore we understand better knowing both, our growth is more matured, all scriptures are relevant for our growth and sanctification and work with God.

Fulfillment comes from living in Christ or living in God.

For instance while in the old testament, remission of sin was carried our through the blood of sheeps and rams (maybe i forgot the specific animal) in the new testament the remission of sin is once through the perfect Son of God who is without any blemish.

In Case of tithing giving one tenth of offerings is like giving the one tenth of the best of everything one had, in the new testament, we ought to give our life to God that Christ lives in us, and we work according to his Spirit. ( My interpretation about the new testament is not backed by scriptures right now, so i may be wrong, if i cannot back it up)

But what i know and can back up with scriptures, is that the children of God, are not suppose to give grudgingly, they should only give freely as they are lead to, no one should try to test their loyalty, their loyalty is first to God.

its not grudgingly na...if d pastor calls for seed.if u no 1 give,den rest...nobody out gun for anybody head..some say emotional blackmail, so u want him to use force.na talk e fit talk..tithes n offerings are obligations of any Christian... So u r saying give ur life to Christ,den don't give tithes n offerings?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by adenine02: 12:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

I only asked certain questions.

Why not answer instead of wasting time??

Archaeological findings show that the real Jesus looks like this

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
fuckboys:
you know we had our owns gods before the white men came?

You're still suffering from mental colonization.

Who is we?

Does anybody even deserve worship?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by SeriouslySense(m): 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
I have already stated clearly how it is, the rest is left to you, but what i can say, is that, the church i attend do not ask for such. The main Emphasis is in living in Christ not in the world. And Christians are under no obligation to give tithes.

elonize:
its not grudgingly na...if d pastor calls for seed.if u no 1 give,den rest...nobody out gun for anybody head..some say emotional blackmail, so u want him to use force.na talk e fit talk..tithes n offerings are obligations of any Christian... So u r saying give ur life to Christ,den don't give tithes n offerings?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
adenine02:

Bros Jesus sent by God never imposed himself on anybody.

But the whitemen Jesus was imposed on black people and that's whom most Christians are worshiping.

If you don't believe me type Jesus on Google image you'll the picture of the white man below.

Don't forget, Jesus is from Israel and know what the real Israelis looks like and nothing like the picture below

It's not only certain blacks that regard such picture.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by SeriouslySense(m): 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
Haba, grin grin grin, this was what a typical Jew looked like in those days, its the reconstructed image of a man who died around Jesus time.
So its likely he had Black hair, and same type of skin. There are still variations, not everyone looked the same.

adenine02:

Archaeological findings show that the real Jesus looks like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / Police Interrogates Biodun Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.