Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat (7716 Views)

I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way / High Protein Vegetables You Need To Eat For Gaining Muscle Mass / Causes Of A Pulled Muscle And First Aid Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 3:29am On Jan 21, 2023
djon78:

What of people in there forties that are told to reduce meat especially beef. Although chicken and eggs are ok abi panso my man

The varieties of foods in Nigeria are very restrictive. For example, I have searched for greek yogurt in Nigeria and didn't find it. There was a time I tried plant-based protein diets, and I could get yogurts in the supermarket that is purely plant-based without carbs.

It would have been a good alternative for those avoiding meat and still wanting to meet their daily amount of protein intake. But yes, chicken and eggs are okay, they are the softer meat. If you can eat those ones, then do it, it would be boring to not be able to alternate, but it gets the job done. Also, do fish and turkey.

3 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by djon78(m): 8:15am On Jan 21, 2023
pansophist:

The varieties of foods in Nigeria are very restrictive. For example, I have searched for greek yogurt in Nigeria and didn't find it. There was a time I tried plant-based protein diets, and I could get yogurts in the supermarket that is purely plant-based without carbs.

It would have been a good alternative for those avoiding meat and still wanting to meet their daily amount of protein intake. But yes, chicken and eggs are okay, they are the softer meat. If you can eat those ones, then do it, it would be boring to not be able to alternate, but it gets the job done. Also, do fish and turkey.

Ok got it. Not that one doesn't eat beef but once or twice in a while.
Fish and turkey yeah!!

Thanks
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by seanwilliam(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2023
pansophist:

what Are the benefits of eating fruit ?
Cos everyday I Dey chop All kinds of fruit

Pansophist if I tell you my diet, u go laugh die,
my upper body is bulky, . If I wake up in the morning especially if I had little to nothing the night before, I always look fit and 3 out of my 6 packs go show grin , infact if I hold my belly well well u go think say I don Dey gym for six month grin But you see if I don eat like this, I don turn pregnant woman . Everywhere go just shoot out like say na tomorrow I one deliver a baby boy.

In simple words, panso, I want to reduce belly fat , but I love food Walai embarassed

Also I thought they said too much of red meat is bad.

What of fry chicken? And smal jollof ?

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2023
seanwilliam:

what Are the benefits of eating fruit ?
Cos everyday I Dey chop All kinds of fruit

Pansophist if I tell you my diet, u go laugh die,
my upper body is bulky, . If I wake up in the morning especially if I had little to nothing the night before, I always look fit and 3 out of my 6 packs go show grin , infact if I hold my belly well well u go think say I don Dey gym for six month grin But you see if I don eat like this, I don turn pregnant woman . Everywhere go just shoot out like say na tomorrow I one deliver a baby boy.

In simple words, panso, I want to reduce belly fat , but I love food Walai embarassed

Also I thought they said too much of red meat is bad.

What of fry chicken? And smal jollof ?

Haha, I see. Your case no critical like that. If you fit see three pack, then the rest no far from sight.

As per fruits, though healthy, they are mostly sugar. Unless the fruits you are referring to are cucumbers, avocado, pawpaw, and watermelon. But if it's orange, apples, pineapples, sugarcane, mango, etc, then you are just loading your body with sugar.

Unto fried chicken, of course. The preparation no too matters, so fried, roasted, and cooked, works well. But don't ever load it with sauce, which most likely with be sugar. But the way Nigerians eat chicken, it's healthy. Na white people de carry sugar spice chicken.

About rice, you fit eat am but not too much, a maximum of 100 grams, and that should be the only carb you eat for the day. If you don't know how to calculate the gram, let me know. I know say e hard, and it's why few people are fit. But it al depends on the price you wan pay.

To look good and which makes life easy on you, or you eat anyhow and life becomes hard. I have been overweight and fit, and its a world apart. `you look better, your confidence increase, people take you serious and getting girls which is the whole point becomes easy lol grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Princefame1: 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
pansophist:

Haha, I see. Your case no critical like that. If you fit see three pack, then the rest no far from sight.

As per fruits, though healthy, they are mostly sugar. Unless the fruits you are referring to are cucumbers, avocado, pawpaw, and watermelon. But if it's orange, apples, pineapples, sugarcane, mango, etc, then you are just loading your body with sugar.

Unto fried chicken, of course. The preparation no too matters, so fried, roasted, and cooked, works well. But don't ever load it with sauce, which most likely with be sugar. But the way Nigerians eat chicken, it's healthy. Na white people de carry sugar spice chicken.

About rice, you fit eat am but not too much, a maximum of 100 grams, and that should be the only carb you eat for the day. If you don't know how to calculate the gram, let me know. I know say e hard, and it's why few people are fit. But it al depends on the price you wan pay.

To look good and which makes life easy on you, or you eat anyhow and life becomes hard. I have been overweight and fit, and its a world apart. `you look better, your confidence increase, people take you serious and getting girls which is the whole point becomes easy lol grin

Please how does one calculate the gram?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 3:06pm On Jan 26, 2023
Princefame1:

Please how does one calculate the gram?

Most foods, especially the packaged ones have nutritional info on the pack, for example, next time you cook indomie, just check the pack. Checked the attached, its there.

But for stuff you buy via measurement such as Garri, derica of rice, then just google the keyword ''rice nutritional info'', and google will bring it out. But for foods that cant be found, there is a manual method that I used.

If the food is in the group classified as vegetables, such as carrots, tomatoes, spinach, etc, then they are not caloric dense, and you can eat as much as you want. Their carbs are too low to cause any issues.

If it's food in the group of tubers. such as yam, potatoes, and cassava, or grains such as rice, corn, then it's carb-dense, pound for pound. Just avoid it. It has little to no proteins in it. You should not be meticulous with this calculation if you eat a really small quantity or once in a while. Otherwise, you have to get a food measurement scale. It's on Jumia.

If it's food that has blood in it, so animal products generally, then its pure protein and fats. You can never get carbs from animals, never. Carbs are mostly from the ground.

5 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Princefame1: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2023
pansophist:

Most foods, especially the packaged ones have nutritional info on the pack, for example, next time you cook indomie, just check the pack. Checked the attached, its there.

But for stuff you buy via measurement such as Garri, derica of rice, then just google the keyword ''rice nutritional info'', and google will bring it out. But for foods that cant be found, there is a manual method that I used.

If the food is in the group classified as vegetables, such as carrots, tomatoes, spinach, etc, then they are not caloric dense, and you can eat as much as you want. Their carbs are too low to cause any issues.

If it's food in the group of tubers. such as yam, potatoes, and cassava, or grains such as rice, corn, then it's carb-dense, pound for pound. Just avoid it. It has little to no proteins in it. You should not be meticulous with this calculation if you eat a really small quantity or once in a while. Otherwise, you have to get a food measurement scale. It's on Jumia.

If it's food that has blood in it, so animal products generally, then its pure protein and fats. You can never get carbs from animals, never. Carbs are mostly from the ground.

I cook rice once a week these days, and I don't cook more than 2.5 cups. I believe this isn't much.

Thanks for this. Let me make a screenshot of it.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Sweetvie: 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ok.
I want to gain weight but the thing is, I burn calories so fast with little or no stress.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by SimpleGuy001: 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
Pansophism:
[b]So guys, since December, I made a truce with myself that I will lose 10k. So far, I have lost 7kg in six weeks, and this is what my diet looks like.

Eggs, meat, fish, zero carb yogurts, water (no sugary drink/beer/wine, etc, just water), vegetables, hotdog, avocado, cucumber, coconuts, groundnuts, chicken, and skipping rope once in a while. That's all.

This diet was hard, because it was bland, monotonous, and functional, not the desired, but I stuck to it because the result is more important for me than discomfort.

The typical foods for Nigerians are swallow, rice, beans, bread, sodas, beer, pap, tea and sugar, yam, shawarma, pizza, etc. `Avoid them all. These foods are what is making you fat. You eat them too much, in the wrong proportion.

If you can eat a combination of the above for a month, I guarantee you that you will lose all those fats. You do not need a gym at all. But it feels good to look at yourself in the mirror naked, and like what you see, and I feel healthy and agile. [/b]

pls how doi build muscle. I'm 22 to be 23 by july. 5'6 so not tall and i look like a small boy cause i don't have muscles and look slim. Though i don't eat much. What can i eat to build muscles.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 12:34pm On Jan 28, 2023
SimpleGuy001:

pls how doi build muscle. I'm 22 to be 23 by july. 5'6 so not tall and i look like a small boy cause i don't have muscles and look slim. Though i don't eat much. What can i eat to build muscles.

Read the whole topic, its just four pages. The answers are there.

4 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 12:34pm On Jan 28, 2023
Sweetvie:
Ok.
I want to gain weight but the thing is, I burn calories so fast with little or no stress.

Some people are generally slim, so accept yourself. No weight for you. I want you slim and fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2023
pansophist:

Some people are generally slim, so accept yourself. No weight for you. I want you slim and fine.
This is the point I was trying to make last time.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Sweetvie: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2023
pansophist:

Haaa
Got that.
No weight for me
No chubby cheeks embarassed

Thanks.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2023
pansophist:

If it's only belly fat you want to loose, then you'll have to pay for surgery, so they tear up your stomach and exhume the belly fat.

If you don't like that option, then loosing weight generally wil cause the stomach fat to dissappear. I repeat, there is no such thing as spot reduction.

About the exercise, it's meaningless. Exercise are for health benefits, not to loose weight. If you like, run from Lagos to Abuja everyday, if you don't eat good, you won't loose any thing.

For example, if you run for an hour non stop, you should burn about 1000 caloris, but since you'll be very hungry and load up on food afterwards, then what you burnt becomes meaningless.

A single pizza might take two hours of running to burn off, so thinking exercise will make you loose fat is a lie, something companies like coke sells to you, so you continue loading your body will sugar and thinking exercise is the answer instead of food.

To loose the belly fat you're talking about can be hard to do, but the formula is very simple. The question is, can you do it? I'll assume you can. Now try the diet below for just two weeks.

Eat only foods from animals, and water. So meat, fish, pork, turkey, chicken, egg, assorted meat, suya etc. Just for two weeks. Don't do exercise, just food. You'll see that those stomach will dissappear.

Thanks for the motivation boss
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 12:04am On Feb 01, 2023
Sweetvie:
Haaa
Got that.
No weight for me
No chubby cheeks embarassed

Thanks.

Sorry but no. You must be slim. Fat no useful. Na dead weight.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Sweetvie: 8:02am On Feb 01, 2023
pansophist:

Sorry but no. You must be slim. Fat no useful. Na dead weight.
Thanks.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 9:01pm On Feb 02, 2023
Although it's not easy being consistent, but on seeing this result just in one week, morale is high, now I want to make it a lifestyle

I do some of the exercises recommended in this youtube video 👇
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu0OokQjfgI

Just to encourage others who are on this journey of losing weight (especially for belle grin)

cc Pansophist

This pix was taken Jan 30th

2 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
0neal:
Although it's not easy being consistent, but on seeing this result just in one week, morale is high, now I want to make it a lifestyle

I do some of the exercises recommended in this youtube video 👇
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu0OokQjfgI

Just to encourage others who are on this journey of losing weight (especially for belle grin)

cc Pansophist

This pix was taken Jan 30th

Confirm.

Abeg, if anyone is seeing result, please post it here to motivate the rest.

I can guarantee you that will loose weight if you just eat only meat and lazy around. You don't need exercise. Exercise is just extra.

You'll see your packs, and that teenage facial definition, or your zygomatic cheekbone will be so defined, you'll look like a model.

Sometimes I see couples spending so much on wedding gowns, and I'm like, why not loose weight and be fine on your special day, instead of look so big?

Many people outsource the job of looking good to buying clothes, shoes, watches and materialism, but that's deceiving yourself.

If you're naked, those big stomach will still be there. The packs that makes sex interesting will be missing. In the beach, you'll look unrefined in pics. These are not the memories you want to have for yourself.

You want to be fine even if you're taken a spontaneous pics. Your smile to be infectious, and you will always be in a good mood. Yes, looking healthy makes you happy and confident. It's like having a Lamborghini, but it's inside your body.

Why do you think young girls have such a huge ego? It's brcause of their looks of course. Many men can improve their dating problem by being fit. Please do you it for yourself.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Albertone(m): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
pansophist:

Confirm.

Why do you think young girls have such a huge ego? It's looks of course. Many men can improve their dating problem by being fit. Please do you it for yourself.

Hello boss.

You talked about eating 5 eggs. Is it with the yolk? Because I learnt the yolk has high amount of cholesterol.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 11:13pm On Feb 02, 2023
Albertone:

Hello boss.

You talked about eating 5 eggs. Is it with the yolk? Because I learnt the yolk has high amount of cholesterol.

With the yolk bros, at least for me. I do not separate them. The yolk is the most nutritious part of an egg. It's the yolk that makes egg to be considered a superfood, and satiety comes from there.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Albertone(m): 12:52am On Feb 03, 2023
pansophist:

With the yolk bros, at least for me. I do not separate them. The yolk is the most nutritious part of an egg. It's the yolk that makes egg to be considered a superfood, and satiety comes from there.

Oh thanks.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by mahvie: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2023
pansophist:

Hello chief, for an Ectomorph who wants to gain muscles, what's your opinion on using Creatine and Whey Protein?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 11:31pm On Feb 06, 2023
mahvie:

Hello chief, for an Ectomorph who wants to gain muscles, what's your opinion on using Creatine and Whey Protein?

Eat naturally, don't use those stuff. Load your body with real foods not processed powder. Also look at the nutritional contents of these whey proteins, its unhealthy long-term.

Please eat Chicken, egg, suya, fish, turkey, kpomo, goat, kilishi, pork, bacon, and so forth. I've never used any artificial supplement, I eat real food instead.

So I don't have any first hand advice.

4 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by mahvie: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2023
pansophist:

Eat naturally, don't use those stuff. Load your body with real foods not processed powder. Also look at the nutritional contents of these whey proteins, its unhealthy long-term.

Please eat Chicken, egg, suya, fish, turkey, kpomo, goat, kilishi, pork, bacon, and so forth. I've never used any artificial supplement, I eat real food instead.

Thanks bro
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 21sailor: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
pansophist:

I have a situation called gynecomastia and it's annoying there's fat in my breast as a result of hormonal imbalance during puberty..do you think excercise can bring it down?
I'm slim and have a very wide chest and broad shoulders.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 3:25pm On Feb 09, 2023
21sailor:

I have a situation called gynecomastia and it's annoying there's fat in my breast as a result of hormonal imbalance during puberty..do you think excercise can bring it down?
I'm slim and have a very wide chest and broad shoulders.

Bro, this wan pass me. I've never even heard of gynecomastia before. I don't know how if exercise can bring it down.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 21sailor: 7:26am On Feb 10, 2023
pansophist:

Bro, this wan pass me. I've never even heard of gynecomastia before. I don't know how if exercise can bring it down.

Alright.
Good to see you reply me, I really want to discuss something with you I tried sending you a mail the nairaland way I dunno if you saw it.
How can I reach you please?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
21sailor:

Alright.
Good to see you reply me, I really want to discuss something with you I tried sending you a mail the nairaland way I dunno if you saw it.
How can I reach you please?

I saw your pm. I responded
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Newusername(m): 12:53am On Feb 11, 2023
pansophist:

I saw your pm. I responded

Good morning sir. I sent you message on your WhatsApp. I humbly anticipate your reply.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 5:05am On Feb 11, 2023
Newusername:

Good morning sir. I sent you message on your WhatsApp. I humbly anticipate your reply.

I didn't see it, did it deliver?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Newusername(m): 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2023
pansophist:

I didn't see it, did it deliver?

Yes sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Days Weight Loss Challenge With Green Coffee By Gidini / Which Drug Prevent Pregnancy After Unprotected Sex? / COVID-19 Update For July 29 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.