Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat (7722 Views)

I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way / High Protein Vegetables You Need To Eat For Gaining Muscle Mass / Causes Of A Pulled Muscle And First Aid Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by tripleking64(m): 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
Eazzii:
Hailings boss. I've been lifting for over 6 months now but no visible results.
I do 20 bar bell lifts lying on my back, 20 dumbell lifts and 10 bar bell lifts standing. What can I do?

You have to set a program for yourself not just lifting… 10 bar ball lifts standing is for shoulder(delts to be precise) not for chest

You can’t lift everything same day and expect to see result, cuz when you do(lift) everything same day, surely you gonna be strong but you won’t see no muscle, if you want to start seeing muscle, set a program for yourself … each day you visit the gym you choose one program and complete it.. next day you choose another program, it will help you rest your muscles and you will start seeing results..

Eg

For chest, you do maybe 4 chest program targeting the parts of chest, upper, middle and lower which is known as clavicular, sternocostal and abdominal head… focus more on upper and middle chest cuz it’s more effective…

Next day you change program maybe do Leg, Back, shoulder, Bicep, or Triceps any one just don’t do all at once, divide your program maybe take it two daily(depends on you) or one each day and you will start seeing results

Don’t forget to eat well

5 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
tripleking64:

You have to set a program for yourself not just lifting… 10 bar ball lifts standing is for shoulder(delts to be precise) not for chest

You can’t lift everything same day and expect to see result, cuz when you do(lift) everything same day, surely you gonna be strong but you won’t see no muscle, if you want to start seeing muscle, set a program for yourself … each day you visit the gym you choose one program and complete it.. next day you choose another program, it will help you rest your muscles and you will start seeing results..

Eg

For chest, you do maybe 4 chest program targeting the parts of chest, upper, middle and lower which is known as clavicular, sternocostal and abdominal head… focus more on upper and middle chest cuz it’s more effective…

Next day you change program maybe do Leg, Back, shoulder, Bicep, or Triceps any one just don’t do all at once, divide...
Thanks for this boss.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by irumole1975: 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
pansophist:

Chances are, you don't eat much, do you? If you see where I de chop eh, you go pity me grin

I eat like a man, in fact I don't eat, I consume. But sadly, since I lost weight, hungry no come de catch me again.

Just to give you an idea how I eat, I finish a full chicken in a day. Half for noon, and half for night. Then drink water like mad.

And within the interim, I fit chop like five eggs, cucumber and groundnut, and Greek yoghurt. Then vitamin supplements and maybe one noodles if headache start to catch me, since reducing carbs can be difficult.

But I run about 10km everyday, I don't negotiate it. I wake up and I just jug. So you see, start to eat like mad, and you will add weight.

I'm naturally skinny. And now I started eating a lot to add weight. For the past one yr🌝,I noticed I'm only adding weight in my stomach. My weigh has increased by 10kg, but everything is added to my stomach. Mind you, I eat healthy and rarely consume sugar. Is it normal to addy weight in yej stomach First before you start to add overall?

Also, do you think for a skinny person, we should try to focus on the kitchen and buff to become big first before we start lifting weights? I think getting big is a challenge

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 11:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:

I'm naturally skinny. And now I started eating a lot to add weight. For the past one yr🌝,I noticed I'm only adding weight in my stomach. My weigh has increased by 10kg, but everything is added to my stomach. Mind you, I eat healthy and rarely consume sugar. Is it normal to addy weight in yej stomach First before you start to add overall?

Also, do you think for a skinny person, we should try to focus on the kitchen and buff to become big first before we start lifting weights? I think getting big is a challenge

Be eating healthy, what foods are you referring to? list your typical food let me see

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Rdfactor(m): 11:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
pansophist:

Chances are, you don't eat much, do you? If you see where I de chop eh, you go pity me grin

I eat like a man, in fact I don't eat, I consume. But sadly, since I lost weight, hungry no come de catch me again.

Just to give you an idea how I eat, I finish a full chicken in a day. Half for noon, and half for night. Then drink water like mad.

And within the interim, I fit chop like five eggs, cucumber and groundnut, and Greek yoghurt. Then vitamin supplements and maybe one noodles if headache start to catch me, since reducing carbs can be difficult.

But I run about 10km everyday, I don't negotiate it. I wake up and I just jug. So you see, start to eat like mad, and you will add weight.

LoL. Me trying to follow your advice and consume chicken

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 12:04am On Mar 11, 2023
Rdfactor:

LoL. Me trying to follow your advice and consume chicken

Why you buy tangerine? You go mess up the plan. Buy cucumber instead.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by irumole1975: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
pansophist:

Be eating healthy, what foods are you referring to? list your typical food let me see

Chicken. One full chicken

Swallow food (eba, poundo)

Rice

Potato

Yoghurt

Meats

3 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Adranidoo(m): 11:21am On Jun 17, 2023
pansophist:

Not sustainable. Hungry go almost damage your stomach. Then it would be hard to keep up. You need eat to satiety, and pure proteinous foods with vegetable, and patience, will reveal your abs.
Hello bro, hope moi moi is also good?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2023
Adranidoo:
Hello bro, hope moi moi is also good?

Depends on your goals, but generally yes. Moin moin is just cooked beans. And beans is a very healthy food, far healthier than rice
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2023
0neal:
Although it's not easy being consistent, but on seeing this result just in one week, morale is high, now I want to make it a lifestyle

I do some of the exercises recommended in this youtube video 👇
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu0OokQjfgI

Just to encourage others who are on this journey of losing weight (especially for belle grin)

cc Pansophist

This pix was taken Jan 30th

Oneal how far?

Abeg update us with your recent physique photo abeg. Abi you don fall back to swallowing of eba and milkshake? grin

2 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 12:36am On Jun 18, 2023
pansophist:

Oneal how far?

Abeg update us with your recent physique photo abeg. Abi you don fall back to swallowing of eba and milkshake? grin

Boss 😅

still in the game o, e no easy sha to stay disciplined and follow through the low carb diet some month, with the way cost of food is skyrocketing almost everyday

If I fall off too much especially when babe comes weekend 😷, intermittent fasting to the rescue or "one meal a day" for two to three days to get back to the 20-15% body fat I have been maintaining since the last photo I shared

I guess the pix below looks like 15% ish?
It was taken 15th June

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Haydens: 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2023
YUNGLURD:
Kudos Op, 120 push up every morning, 160 squats and 100 push down (I don't really know the name given to that exercise whereby u straighten out ur two hands resting on a bench while u straighten out ur two legs then go up and down)
bench press
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2023
Hello OP,I am a skinny guy,I recently purchased some gym stuffs barbells and dumbells.Abeg which food I fit dey chop to bulk up while gaining muscle.I am a skinny guy with an athletic body.I just need food wey fit Make me add weight,then I turn it to muscles.i dont like bug muscles just little
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by apogyizi(f): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
pansophist:
I have been in the game of losing and gaining fat for at least a decade. As a former university fitness fine boy, I have seen so much wrong information on the internet, especially money-hungry social media thieves (aka influencers) that prey on people's ignorance to make money.

So if you have problems/questions about losing fat/gaining muscles, drop them here, and I will handle it. I will delve into the science of how food relates to your body. And guess what? for free.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by XAUBulls: 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2023
pansophist:
I have been in the game of losing and gaining fat for at least a decade. As a former university fitness fine boy, I have seen so much wrong information on the internet, especially money-hungry social media thieves (aka influencers) that prey on people's ignorance to make money.

So if you have problems/questions about losing fat/gaining muscles, drop them here, and I will handle it. I will delve into the science of how food relates to your body. And guess what? for free.
An informative thread.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by OmarEl(m): 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Very Informative Thread.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Hello OP,I am a skinny guy,I recently purchased some gym stuffs barbells and dumbells.Abeg which food I fit dey chop to bulk up while gaining muscle.I am a skinny guy with an athletic body.I just need food wey fit Make me add weight,then I turn it to muscles.i dont like bug muscles just little

You've gotten the basic tools, so just use it to do resistance exercise with correct form like barbell squarts, bench press with the dumbells for your biceps.
You can also use ur body weight, push-up & pull-up

For the Nutrition side u have to be on a calorie surplus to add weight, eat more of whole food, foods that are grown and harvested from the ground, in addition with fish, chicken, meat and eggs.

The Last ingredient is adequate sleep

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Phraser: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2023
21sailor:

I have a situation called gynecomastia and it's annoying there's fat in my breast as a result of hormonal imbalance during puberty..do you think excercise can bring it down?
I'm slim and have a very wide chest and broad shoulders.

Hello. Please could you give your email address? I'd like to discuss something with you. Thanks.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 21sailor: 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2023
Phraser:

Hello. Please could you give your email address? I'd like to discuss something with you. Thanks.

Jahblessahfimi@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2023
I'm an ectomorph, which means I'm skinny ASF. 8 months in the gym already, very little changes 😅

We go hard real hard next year.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2023
0neal:

Boss 😅

still in the game o, e no easy sha to stay disciplined and follow through the low carb diet some month, with the way cost of food is skyrocketing almost everyday

If I fall off too much especially when babe comes weekend 😷, intermittent fasting to the rescue or "one meal a day" for two to three days to get back to the 20-15% body fat I have been maintaining since the last photo I shared

I guess the pix below looks like 15% ish?
It was taken 15th June

Crazy physique, this is my dream physique. Bless us with a recent picture brother.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2023
PinkNature:
I'm an ectomorph, which means I'm skinny ASF. 8 months in the gym already, very little changes 😅

We go hard real hard next year.

What's your workout regime in the gym?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2023
PinkNature:

Crazy physique, this is my dream physique. Bless us with a recent picture brother.

I didn't even near a gym to workout for that physique

The pix below was taken Dec 21

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2023
0neal:

Sweet.

I swear its your food right? You probabbly eat mostly proteins and vegetables, while supporting it with pushups
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2023
0neal:

What's your workout regime in the gym?

I go to the gym 4 times weekly. Lift crazy for about 1.5hr.
Nutrition: I eat like a Nigerian. Lots of carbs and some proteins here and there.

I have gotten considerably stronger and feel stronger. Just that the muscles aren't visible as they should.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2023
0neal:

You look good. Lots of Pushups and sit ups I reckon.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:37am On Dec 28, 2023
PinkNature:

Nutrition: I eat like a Nigerian. Lots of carbs and some proteins here and there.

I have gotten considerably stronger and feel stronger. Just that the muscles aren't visible as they should.

train for 30mins,use light weights more reps for now.i am an ectomorph like you too,e no easy for us to gain much
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 1:20am On Dec 28, 2023
pansophist:

Sweet.

I swear its your food right? You probabbly eat mostly proteins and vegetables, while supporting it with pushups

All thanks to you panso for the awareness and push

I priotize protein as you advised on the first page of this thread, lots of eggs and portion of meat weh my remaining allotted feeding money can buy.

I seldom eat out, mostly potatoes, yam and egg sauce, rice, oat, green beans, eba with veg/okro soup occasionally, salad once in a while, addicted to tigernut + coconut...

Average of 20 push-ups 5 days a week, squats, planks, jump rope and pull-up

3 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 1:31am On Dec 28, 2023
PinkNature:

Trust the process, make it a lifestyle

Priotize protein, the magic starts with what you fuel your body with and ur pro muscles synthesis daily life activities outside the gym
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 5:37am On Dec 28, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
train for 30mins,use light weights more reps for now.i am an ectomorph like you too,e no easy for us to gain much

It's crazy how I can do reasonable reps.. a guy at the gym, always tells me that 'i have inner strength'. I keep telling him that I used to be weak asf before I started lifting.

How long have you been training?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 5:39am On Dec 28, 2023
0neal:

Trust the process, make it a lifestyle

Priotize protein, the magic starts with what you fuel your body with and ur pro muscles synthesis daily life activities outside the gym

It's kind of a lifestyle at development already because sometimes I feel kind of down whenever I'm not able to lift weights at least once in 3 days.

You said you don't go to the gym. What's your regime? Because you sure have a crazy chest and abs.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 8:05am On Dec 28, 2023
PinkNature:

It's kind of a lifestyle at development already because sometimes I feel kind of down whenever I'm not able to lift weights at least once in 3 days.

You said you don't go to the gym. What's your regime? Because you sure have a crazy chest and abs.

The last time I was in a gym was to make enquiry, them use price pursue me

Used to play football, almost every saturdays, sometimes wednesdays from C-19 lockdown period to Nov 2022.

I do pushups religiously, crunches, planks, pull-ups, skip and squats are basically my home workout routine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Drug Prevent Pregnancy After Unprotected Sex? / COVID-19 Update For July 29 2021 In Nigeria / Can One Contract Hiv By Sucking The Mammary glands Of an Hiv Positive Woman ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.