Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,966 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat (7728 Views)

I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way / High Protein Vegetables You Need To Eat For Gaining Muscle Mass / Causes Of A Pulled Muscle And First Aid Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 13, 2023
pansophist:

Haaa. I no get prescription for your case bros. You no need ask Mr Ibu. Ask am wetin he de chop. Or Don Jazzy. As for me, I gain or loose weight easily. So na my specialty be that.
� Glad you’ve grabbed my point, these things could sometimes be natural and there’s nothing you can do to change it. Some are naturally fat and no amount of dieting or starvation can help their situation and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Glistinin(m): 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
This is you giving yourself excuses. It's not an improvement mentality at all.
peepydelano:
� Glad you’ve grabbed my point, these things could sometimes be natural and there’s nothing you can do to change it. Some are naturally fat and no amount of dieting or starvation can help their situation and vice versa.

7 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
This year I must lose belly fat

Taking note of all the tips

Well done oga panso
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pelhurmy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
0neal:
This year I must loose belly fat

Well done oga panso

We are together bro... My belly fat is becoming shameful!!!
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by YUNGLURD(m): 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kudos Op, 120 push up every morning, 160 squats and 100 push down (I don't really know the name given to that exercise whereby u straighten out ur two hands resting on a bench while u straighten out ur two legs then go up and down)

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by babavik: 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
Pansophism:
[b]So guys, since December, I made a truce with myself that I will lose 10k. So far, I have lost 7kg in six weeks, and this is what my diet looks like.

Eggs, meat, fish, zero carb yogurts, water (no sugary drink/beer/wine, etc, just water), vegetables, hotdog, avocado, cucumber, coconuts, groundnuts, chicken, and skipping rope once in a while. That's all.

This diet was hard, because it was bland, monotonous, and functional, not the desired, but I stuck to it because the result is more important for me than discomfort.

The typical foods for Nigerians are swallow, rice, beans, bread, sodas, beer, pap, tea and sugar, yam, shawarma, pizza, etc. `Avoid them all. These foods are what is making you fat. You eat them too much, in the wrong proportion.

If you can eat a combination of the above for a month, I guarantee you that you will lose all those fats. You do not need a gym at all. But it feels good to look at yourself in the mirror naked, and like what you see, and I feel healthy and agile. [/b]

Isn't hotdog a processed meat?? It can cause cancer. Please make a research on that.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
0neal:
This year I must loose belly fat

Well done oga panso

No such thing as specific fat reduction. You loose weight evenly, not unevenly. So as your belly fat de reduce, then your face, neck, arms, back, waist and every other area for your body go follow.

But may I repeat again for the umpteenth time. It's food. You don't need gym to loose weight, just eat right.

2 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
babavik:

Isn't hotdog a processed meat?? It can cause cancer. Please make a research on that.

It's is, same as frozen chicken that grew in few weeks under hormones and genetically modified foods.

But eating it once in a while won't kill you. It's excess that harms. I can literally go on YouTube and give you names of youtubers that have issues with water, vegetables, tea etc.

Just eat what you enjoy, but the food should push you to your goal.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2023
YUNGLURD:
Kudos Op, 120 push up every morning, 160 squats and 100 push down (I don't really know the name given to that exercise whereby u straighten out ur two hands resting on a bench while u straighten out ur two legs then go up and down)

Bench press? That's with barbell.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 6ixT8: 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
YUNGLURD:

With this exercise. How would you describe your physical appearance/muscular increment?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by RikudoSennin: 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2023
pansophist:

No such thing as specific fat reduction. You loose weight evenly, not unevenly. So as your belly fat de reduce, then your face, neck, arms, back, waist and every other area for your body go follow.

But may I repeat again for the umpteenth time. It's food. You don't need gym to loose weight, just eat right.

Will this diet and exercising allow you bulk up?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2023
RikudoSennin:

Will this diet and exercising allow you bulk up?

Nope.

To buff, na gym work be that.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by virginboy1(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
Nice thread
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
pansophist:

OK Sir

What if I am OK with the other parts you listed and it's only the stomach fat I want shredded, how do I go about it?

I used to play football almost every Saturday and run 3km like once or twice in a week, but relocated to a new place where i cant do it anymore, from september last yr i noticed my stomach shooting out, I have made it my priority this yr to fix it, hopefully i'll achieve it grin

I thought of getting a situp bench, I guess it will help cause to be honest the "lion diet" won't be pocket friendly atall.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2023
0neal:

OK Sir

What if I am OK with the other parts you listed and it's only the stomach fat I want shredded, how do I go about it?

I used to play football almost every Saturday and run 3km like once or twice in a week, but relocated to a new place where i cant do it anymore, from september last yr i noticed my stomach shooting out, I have made it my priority this yr to fix it, hopefully i'll achieve it grin

I thought of getting a situp bench, I guess it will help cause to be honest the "lion diet" won't be pocket friendly atall.

If it's only belly fat you want to loose, then you'll have to pay for surgery, so they tear up your stomach and exhume the belly fat.

If you don't like that option, then loosing weight generally wil cause the stomach fat to dissappear. I repeat, there is no such thing as spot reduction.

About the exercise, it's meaningless. Exercise are for health benefits, not to loose weight. If you like, run from Lagos to Abuja everyday, if you don't eat good, you won't loose any thing.

For example, if you run for an hour non stop, you should burn about 1000 caloris, but since you'll be very hungry and load up on food afterwards, then what you burnt becomes meaningless.

A single pizza might take two hours of running to burn off, so thinking exercise will make you loose fat is a lie, something companies like coke sells to you, so you continue loading your body will sugar and thinking exercise is the answer instead of food.

To loose the belly fat you're talking about can be hard to do, but the formula is very simple. The question is, can you do it? I'll assume you can. Now try the diet below for just two weeks.

Eat only foods from animals, and water. So meat, fish, pork, turkey, chicken, egg, assorted meat, suya etc. Just for two weeks. Don't do exercise, just food. You'll see that those stomach will dissappear.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Lorayne(m): 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
pansophist:

If it's only belly fat you want to loose, then you'll have to pay for surgery, so they tear up your stomach and exhume the belly fat.

If you don't like that option, then loosing weight generally wil cause the stomach fat to dissappear. I repeat, there is no such thing as spot reduction.

About the exercise, it's meaningless. Exercise are for health benefits, not to loose weight. If you like, run from Lagos to Abuja everyday, if you don't eat good, you won't loose any thing.

For example, if you run for an hour non stop, you should burn about 1000 caloris, but since you'll be very hungry and load up on food afterwards, then what you burnt becomes meaningless.

A single pizza might take two hours of running to burn off, so thinking exercise will make you loose fat is a lie, something companies like coke sells to you, so you continue loading your body will sugar and thinking exercise is the answer instead of food.

To loose the belly fat you're talking about can be hard to do, but the formula is very simple. The question is, can you do it? I'll assume you can. Now try the diet below for just two weeks.

Eat only foods from animals, and water. So meat, fish, pork, turkey, chicken, egg, assorted meat, suya etc. Just for two weeks. Don't do exercise, just food. You'll see that those stomach will dissappear.

Only rich people fit lose weight cry

Some of us have mostly carbs available to us.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lorayne:

Only rich people fit lose weight cry

Some of us have mostly carbs available to us.

Sadly yes.

With the way food expensive for naija, the healthy food for weight loss expensive.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by RomeoMarvis(m): 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
pansophist:
I have been in the game of losing and gaining fat for at least a decade. As a former university fitness fine boy, I have seen so much wrong information on the internet, especially money-hungry social media thieves (aka influencers) that prey on people's ignorance to make money.

So if you have problems/questions about losing fat/gaining muscles, drop them here, and I will handle it. I will delve into the science of how food relates to your body. And guess what? for free.
I've been looking for this for sometime now. My own ish is that I'm too skinny. I want to gain weight (abi add flesh). But it's like my body isn't responding. Please I'll be grateful if you can help. Thanks in advance
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Lorayne(m): 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
pansophist:

Sadly yes.

With the way food expensive for naija, the healthy food for weight loss expensive.
What if I reduce the amount I take?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lorayne:

Not sustainable. Hungry go almost damage your stomach. Then it would be hard to keep up. You need eat to satiety, and pure proteinous foods with vegetable, and patience, will reveal your abs.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lorayne:

RomeoMarvis:

I've been looking for this for sometime now. My own ish is that I'm too skinny. I want to gain weight (abi add flesh). But it's like my body isn't responding. Please I'll be grateful if you can help. Thanks in advance

Chances are, you don't eat much, do you? If you see where I de chop eh, you go pity me grin

I eat like a man, in fact I don't eat, I consume. But sadly, since I lost weight, hungry no come de catch me again.

Just to give you an idea how I eat, I finish a full chicken in a day. Half for noon, and half for night. Then drink water like mad.

And within the interim, I fit chop like five eggs, cucumber and groundnut, and Greek yoghurt. Then vitamin supplements and maybe one noodles if headache start to catch me, since reducing carbs can be difficult.

But I run about 10km everyday, I don't negotiate it. I wake up and I just jug. So you see, start to eat like mad, and you will add weight.

15 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Rapchiks(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Bro, I want to pump up the upper part of the pectoral muscles! Please tell me how to do it right, so that the result is cool.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by RomeoMarvis(m): 12:08am On Jan 17, 2023
pansophist:

Chances are, you don't eat much, do you? If you see where I de chop eh, you go pity me grin

I eat like a man, in fact I don't eat, I consume. But sadly, since I lost weight, hungry no come de catch me again.

Just to give you an idea how I eat, I finish a full chicken in a day. Half for noon, and half for night. Then drink water like mad.

And within the interim, I fit chop like five eggs, cucumber and groundnut, and Greek yoghurt. Then vitamin supplements and maybe one noodles if headache start to catch me, since reducing carbs can be difficult.

But I run about 10km everyday, I don't negotiate it. I wake up and I just jug. So you see, start to eat like mad, and you will add weight.
Thanks a lot. Quick question, boss. Is the food limited or I can eat anything? Cos I hardly cook at home. I'm used to eating out all the time. Mind you, it's road side restaurants
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
RomeoMarvis:

Thanks a lot. Quick question, boss. Is the food limited or I can eat anything? Cos I hardly cook at home. I'm used to eating out all the time. Mind you, it's road side restaurants

Eat to satiety.

You can eat anywhere, just put the above in mind. Google "carnivore diet", and eat like that.

Normally i buy suya for like 2k, then eat it for dinner. Or at a beer parlour, order for bottle water and four large turkey, or fish/goat/cat pepper soup.

Or road size restaurant, ask for small rice, maybe 100 naira and cover the plate with assorted animals. Or a single bulb of amala, with orisirisi mix.

Try to make carbs so small, or a tool to buy animals full plate. That's my strategy eating in the street of Lagos. So its okay if you can't cook, but just have money to eat on-the-go.

And don't ever drink any liquid apart from water. Coke for example has more sugar than a plate of rice. So you see, junk looks innocent and appealing, but dangerous.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
RomeoMarvis:

How old are you? How often do you eat? Are your parents/siblings slim?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by RomeoMarvis(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
pansophist:

How old are you? How often do you eat? Are your parents/siblings slim?
I'll be 28 on the 27th of this month. And I eat twice a day... Not a heavy eater by the way. And as for my parents, no, they're not. My late dad looked like a bouncer (not that he goes to gym or anything). I used to be more like him during my early years. This skinny nature started after I left home. Mind you, I'm not lacking in finances, so I can't say I'm suffering.
And one more thing, I think my sexual nature is contributing also
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
RomeoMarvis:

I'll be 28 on the 27th of this month. And I eat twice a day... Not a heavy eater by the way. And as for my parents, no, they're not. My late dad looked like a bouncer (not that he goes to gym or anything). I used to be more like him during my early years. This skinny nature started after I left home. Mind you, I'm not lacking in finances, so I can't say I'm suffering.
And one more thing, I think my sexual nature is contributing also

Then you have the potential. I know it's hard to eat a lot if you're not hungry, so you must start doing something that will make you eat.

Start running, lifting weight, and walking long distance. Or get a skipping rope and jump at least 5k everyday. It should take an hour to jump 5k. Then do push up with each pause.

I'll recommend rope jumping since you don't have to go anywhere, pay for gym, and can do it indoor in case it's rainy to jog, or streets ain't safe or jog friendly. And jump rope burns more calories than running.

If you give your body this daily workload, you'll be very hungry afterwards and eat a lot. And make sure you eat caloric densed foods such as fried yam, fufu and egusi, jollof rice and creamy salad, noodles with eggs etc.

You also need consistency. Because most people give up easily. So you must make it a lifestyle. Of course you can skip a day or two, but it's the overall that matters. Can you do it?

5 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by RomeoMarvis(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
pansophist:

Then you have the potential. I know it's hard to eat a lot if you're not hungry, so you must start doing something that will make you eat.

Start running, lifting weight, and walking long distance. Or get a skipping rope and jump at least 5k everyday. It should take an hour to jump 5k. Then do push up with each pause.

I'll recommend rope jumping since you don't have to go anywhere, pay for gym, and can do it indoor in case it's rainy to jog, or streets ain't safe or jog friendly. And jump rope burns more calories than running.

If you give your body this daily workload, you'll be very hungry afterwards and eat a lot. And make sure you eat caloric densed foods such as fried yam, fufu and egusi, jollof rice and creamy salad, noodles with eggs etc.

You also need consistency. Because most people give up easily. So you must make it a lifestyle. Of course you can skip a day or two, but it's the overall that matters. Can you do it?
Yes, I can and will. Thanks a lot
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by olioxx(m): 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2023
pansophist is it possible for people who are ectomorph to gain muscle?
I am ectomorphic by body type, in my early 20's, 6ft tall.
I consume more of carbohydrates like rice, yam, poundo yam etc, though I like beans, but more of carbs.
I drink beer on average twice per week, before I do push-ups but not anymore, I just do aerobics exercise like trekking to get my heart pumping.
You mentioned that the fat(muscle) comes with age, but most of my former school colleagues had good muscle build when they were in their late teens and early twenties.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 1:54am On Jan 21, 2023
olioxx:
pansophist is it possible for people who are ectomorph to gain muscle?
I am ectomorphic by body type, in my early 20's, 6ft tall.
I consume more of carbohydrates like rice, yam, poundo yam etc, though I like beans, but more of carbs.
I drink beer on average twice per week, before I do push-ups but not anymore, I just do aerobics exercise like trekking to get my heart pumping.
You mentioned that the fat(muscle) comes with age, but most of my former school colleagues had good muscle build when they were in their late teens and early twenties.

Yes, of course, it's very possible for ectomorphs to gain muscles. Just that it's harder. If it would take mesomorphs a year to gain 50 pounds of lean muscle, it may take ectomorphs a year and a half. This is why ectomorphs are called the ''hard-gainers''.

Your advantage lies in your metabolism that is on bio-steroid, it burns everything off, the downside is also that weight training would take longer to materialize. So you must over-compensate by working way harder. You have to go to the gym basically every day, or build one in your backyard.

I recommend the ''5x5 full body workout'', google it. I would have pasted the link but the spambot would auto-ban me. The training is simple, yet effective. It is a full-body workout, and are compound exercises that work all the major body muscles.

I do only compound exercises. I do not do isolated body workouts since I consider it a waste of time. So as a starter, the 5x5 is simple, effective, and won't bore you to death by doing all other kinds of exercises.

5 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Othem2002: 2:01am On Jan 21, 2023
Good day. In fact, in order to gain muscle mass, you need to put in a lot of effort. Nutrition plays an important part in weight gain: more carbohydrates and fats. Also, do not forget about intensive training, I can sincerely advise training programs from bestbodyworkout.com. They are excellent, I do them systematically - you will have a better shape.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by djon78(m): 3:07am On Jan 21, 2023
pansophist:

Big man, see as you carry muscle full everywhere, are you normal? Lol. Your physique is good, it gives that undertone of potential violence, a warning for village people not to mess with you.

But accentuate your looks by scraping off the fats that blur your packs and definition. Try fine abeg, you get the physique already, so. Na to sexy remain, it should be one of your new year resolution. And to achieve that, start eating like a lion.

For the past six weeks, my meal revolves around animals and vegetables. So fish, meat, eggs, cucumber, avocado, coconut, hotdog, broccoli, groundnut, chicken, and water.

I was just combining it anyhow to not make it boring, and like play, 7kg disappear comot from my system. Come give me a youthful, masculine looks. So start am. But warning, it's hard o.

Restricting carbs will make you feel weak, and you won't be in your best mood, but after like a weak or so, it will be over and your body will transform to an efficient burning machine.

What of people in there forties that are told to reduce meat especially beef. Although chicken and eggs are ok abi panso my man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For July 29 2021 In Nigeria / Can One Contract Hiv By Sucking The Mammary glands Of an Hiv Positive Woman ? / COVID-19 Update For November 30 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.