Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat (7717 Views)

I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way / High Protein Vegetables You Need To Eat For Gaining Muscle Mass / Causes Of A Pulled Muscle And First Aid Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2023
0neal:

All thanks to you panso for the awareness and push

I priotize protein as you advised on the first page of this thread, lots of eggs and portion of meat weh my remaining allotted feeding money can buy.

I seldom eat out, mostly potatoes, yam and egg sauce, rice, oat, green beans, eba with veg/okro soup occasionally, salad once in a while, addicted to tigernut + coconut...

Average of 20 push-ups 5 days a week, squats, planks, jump rope and pull-up

Tiger nuts and coconuts are very healthy, their origin is fat based (in the same groupings with avocado, olives, cashew etc).

Starchy foods/carbs are not much a problem if eaten in a healthy way (eg home cooked). Fast food chicken for example will make you obese, even though chicken in itself is a super healthy food.

Preparation is everything.

Your eaten patterns is nice. Just keep being physically active and compliment it with exercise always. Add skipping rope to your workout regime, or if you live in a building with staircase, run up and down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:33am On Dec 28, 2023
PinkNature:

It's crazy how I can do reasonable reps.. a guy at the gym, always tells me that 'i have inner strength'. I keep telling him that I used to be weak asf before I started lifting.

How long have you been training?
nice,I have being training for 4 years.3 years not consistent. BUt I have being serious for a year now..I dey naturally skinny.little gains because I cant each much,food dey tire me wella.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 10:33am On Dec 28, 2023
PinkNature:

It's kind of a lifestyle at development already because sometimes I feel kind of down whenever I'm not able to lift weights at least once in 3 days.

You said you don't go to the gym. What's your regime? Because you sure have a crazy chest and abs.

You don't need gym to loose weight and look toned. Advertisement has made people think that only gym is required to be healthy. Of course not.

You need food to burn off the fats, and gym to build muscles. But you can also build muscles at home. Push up is one. Try do like 200 pushups everyday for a month (while eating clean) , then go check youryour mirror, you'll see changes.

If you can defeat your taste (an hallmark of a strong discipline person), you'll look awesome.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 10:36am On Dec 28, 2023
pansophist:

You don't need gym to loose weight and look toned. Advertisement has made people think that only gym is required to be healthy. Of course not.

You need food to burn off the fats, and gym to build muscles. But you can also build muscles at home. Push up is one. Try do like 200 pushups everyday for a month (while eating clean) , then go check youryour mirror, you'll see changes.

If you can defeat your taste (an hallmark of a strong discipline person), you'll look awesome.

I'm not working towards loosing weight. I'm been since the Inception of time. Haha.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
nice,I have being training for 4 years.3 years not consistent. BUt I have being serious for a year now..I dey naturally skinny.little gains because I cant each much,food dey tire me wella.

I eat a lot, but mostly carbs. I know the muscles are going to come up, I just need time and consistency.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 10:45am On Dec 28, 2023
0neal:

All thanks to you panso for the awareness and push

I priotize protein as you advised on the first page of this thread, lots of eggs and portion of meat weh my remaining allotted feeding money can buy.

I seldom eat out, mostly potatoes, yam and egg sauce, rice, oat, green beans, eba with veg/okro soup occasionally, salad once in a while, addicted to tigernut + coconut...

Average of 20 push-ups 5 days a week, squats, planks, jump rope and pull-up

The oats you mentioned, is it quaker oats?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 10:46am On Dec 28, 2023
0neal:

The last time I was in a gym was to make enquiry, them use price pursue me

Used to play football, almost every saturdays, sometimes wednesdays from C-19 lockdown period to Nov 2022.

I do pushups religiously, crunches, planks, pull-ups, skip and squats are basically my home workout routine

You're sure devoted to your push-ups, because your pecs is in good shape. Number of daily pushups?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2023
PinkNature:

You're sure devoted to your push-ups, because your pecs is in good shape. Number of daily pushups?

I am not consistent tho with the number of reps I do in a day...btw 20-30reps, sometimes I go 3sets depending on how motivated I am that day.

Lately I do more of the diamond pushup, where my hands are closely together forming a diamond shape, it's quite harder than normal shoulder length pushup.

Also pushups with my legs hanging on a higher platform, and I make sure my pecs "let me borrow ur choice of word" grin touch the ground to count as a rep.

Thanks for the compliment
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PinkNature: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
0neal:

I am not consistent tho with the number of reps I do in a day...btw 20-30reps, sometimes I go 3sets depending on how motivated I am that day.

Lately I do more of the diamond pushup, where my hands are closely together forming a diamond shape, it's quite harder than normal shoulder length pushup.

Also pushups with my legs hanging on a higher platform, and I make sure my pecs "let me borrow ur choice of word" wink touch the ground to count as a rep.

Thanks for the compliment

I'll incorporate push-ups to my daily routine for a month (January). I'll do the diamond as well inclined and declined. I'm aiming for 50 pushups for each variation that I mentioned earlier.

Then I'll post a before Vs after picture.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2023
pansophist:

Tiger nuts and coconuts are very healthy, their origin is fat based (in the same groupings with avocado, olives, cashew etc).

Starchy foods/carbs are not much a problem if eaten in a healthy way (eg home cooked). Fast food chicken for example will make you obese, even though chicken in itself is a super healthy food.

Your eaten patterns is nice. Just keep being physically active and compliment it with exercise always. Add skipping rope to your workout regime, or if you live in a building with staircase, run up and down.

Noted

Read its the kind of oil those fast food companies use for their fries that makes it unhealthy, they hardly ever change the oil the recommended time, and reheating and cooling change the oil to Trans fat that have not easily breakable bond in the food it was fried with.

The journey continues 2024 and beyond

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 0neal(m): 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
PinkNature:

I'll incorporate push-ups to my daily routine for a month (January). I'll do the diamond as well inclined and declined. I'm aiming for 50 pushups for each variation that I mentioned earlier.

Then I'll post a before Vs after picture.

You got it💪
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
0neal:

Noted

Read its the kind of oil those fast food companies use for their fries that makes it unhealthy, they hardly ever change the oil the recommended time, and reheating and cooling change the oil to Trans fat that have not easily breakable bond in the food it was fried with.

The journey continues 2024 and beyond

Yes. The preparation is very bad. The foods are factory produced in mass, and the source is equally corrupt.

Just put on YouTube "how fries/burger/pizza are made", to see the poison people eat daily, and they are shocked why they are fat and sluggish.

To make it worse, they now brainwash many that they are free to eat anthow, just buy slim tea, green tea, or fat loss tea and you'll loose weight grin

See Chidinma will swallow 30cm pizza with oregano and barbeque sauce, then waste extra cash for slim tea, to further deceive herself that she is "working on her weight"

When all she does is make these businesses rich, as they laugh at the utter stupidity and pitiable situation of their customers.

Welcome to 21st century capitalism.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by CaveAdullam: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2023
pansophist:

Yes. The preparation is very bad. The foods are factory produced in mass, and the source is equally corrupt.

Just put on YouTube "how fries/burger/pizza are made", to see the poison people eat daily, and they are shocked why they are fat and sluggish.

To make it worse, they now brainwash many that they are free to eat anthow, just buy slim tea, green tea, or fat loss tea and you'll lose weight grin

See Chidinma will swallow 30cm pizza with oregano and barbeque sauce, then waste extra cash for slim tea, to further deceive herself that she is "working on her weight"

When all she does is make these businesses rich, as they laugh at the utter stupidity and pitiable situation of their customers.

Welcome to 21st century capitalism.

Companies or corporations are the unknown demons the masses will protect with their lives.

They are the fuel and energy of corrupt officials. Politicians are like rookies on their chess boards.

They sell the problem with the right hand while encouraging you why it is good for your health with nonsensical scientific data + sell you the drug solution with the left hand, advising you why you should take it, or else you won't live long.

We are in a crazy world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by IAmHim1: 5:15am On Dec 29, 2023
i understand how you feel irumole1975

what ive come to learn is theres a difference between building muscles and adding fat

muscles can never turn to fat and fat can never turn to muscles

Theres a total energy your body expends per day to keep your body systems (heart, bloodvessels, breathing, blinking) running
say that energy is 200cal. we'll call this your 'daily spent calorie'. just a fancy name for a concept. lolzzz

to add weight, all you gotta do is eat above your daily spent calorie. AND NOT EXERCISE OR DO ANY ACTIVITY THATLL MAKE YOU EXPEND ENERGY ie eat 400 calorie.
but your body needs 200 calorie to perform normal bodily functions right?
so thats 400-200= 200cal. now that 200 cal is stored in your body as fat IF YOURE NOT EXERCISING OR DOING ANY STRENOUS ACTIVITY

but adding fat is diffferent for both men and women.
men store fat in their belly MOSTLY while women store fat in their waist and thighs MOSTLY

but youu dont want fat. you wanna look lean and mean. muscles popping, gurls tripping, inner confidence oozzingg. MUSCLES IS HEAVIER THAN FAT

building muscles is quite easy and ill reveal the algorithm every successful body builder uses to get the ripped psyche they have

heres the body building algorithm: EAT WELL AND RIGHT---LIFT (HEAVY) WEIGHTS---REST WELL
ta-da!
your new algorithm to get lean and mean

understand this: BODY BUILDING DOESNT HAPPEN INSIDE THE GYM. IT HAPPENS OUTSIDE THE GYM. what happens inside the gym is microtearing of the muscles BY LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHTS. HEAVY WEIGHTS!

the body has a mind of its own. its biological. IT FIGHTS TO SURVIVE TOO. THERES WHY THERES ADAPTABILITY. if you dont use a part of your body, it becomes weak over time.

when you put a particular part of your body through stress, your body part being used for that strenous activity sends a message to your brain saying "our owner is doing some strenous activity. we dont know how long he might continue doing this activity so lets help him/her by making the body part he/she is using STRONGER if not, the body part will collapse and the body will die in general. its just like how white blood cell fights off infection and is incharge of immunity in the body.

so if you exercise your legs, eat right, your legs will become stronger.
how would you know? MUSCLES WOULD BE PRESENT AND MUSCLES IS HEAVIER THAN FAT AND MUSCLES HELP BURN FAT TOO

carbs are energy giving food
proteins are body building foods( animal protein ***milk, lean meat, eggs etc*** and plant protein ***beans groundnut etcetera etcetera)

the end product of carb is sugar
the end product of protein is amino acids

carbohydrates DOESNT GIVE YOU MUSCLES IT GIVES YOU ENERGY

PROTEIN DOESNT GIVE YOU ENERGY, IT GIVES YOU MUSCLES. but note, protein can give you fat when there is nothing to be built in your body because you didnt exercise before eating it. so the protein digested sees theres no need for it in the body and is then stored as fatt

the carbohydrates( rice, bread) is to GIVE YOU ENERGY TO LIFT DUMBBELLS AND DO YOUR PRESSUPS
the protein is not to give you energy but to REPAIR THE TORN MUSCLES THAT HAPPEN BECAUSE OF YOUR EXERCISE WITH HEAVY WEIGHTS. YOUR BODY HAS ENERGY FROM CARBOHYDRATES.

the end product of digesting carbohydrate is sugar/energy
thats end product of digesting protein is amino acid.

so tell me, whats the end product of digesting sugar ITSELF.
NOTE I DID NOT SAY INJECTING SUGAR, I SAID DIGESTING

when you eat protein, the end product after PASSING THROUGH YOUR BODY SYSTEMS
is amino acid. most body builders skip this process and JUST INJECT THE AMINO ACIDS DIRECTLY into their body because they want to skip the eating and digeating phase.

now imagine youre eating the end product of carbohydrates ie sugar...when sugar is digested in the body, what do you think itll turn too?? more sugar?? lolzzz

stop what hurts you first. i wrote about this in "THE EQUATION TO HAPPINESS"

cut down your sugar intake
cut down your soft drink (pepsi coke) / hard drink intake ( chealsea, gordons)
cut down your processed food intake (cake fried food, processed food specially canned foods. its hard i know but you gotta stop what hurts you first in order to be truly happy, not by adding to your happiness)

the best time to eat your protein and carb is AN HOUR BEFORE EXERCISE AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER EXERCISE (animal protein mostly since plant protein lacks some essentials and has to be mixed to achieve results)

EAT WELL&RIGHT/ LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS AND REST.

irumole1975:

I'm naturally skinny. And now I started eating a lot to add weight. For the past one yr🌝,I noticed I'm only adding weight in my stomach. My weigh has increased by 10kg, but everything is added to my stomach. Mind you, I eat healthy and rarely consume sugar. Is it normal to addy weight in yej stomach First before you start to add overall?

Also, do you think for a skinny person, we should try to focus on the kitchen and buff to become big first before we start lifting weights? I think getting big is a challenge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 21sailor: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
Can anyone here deliver me from gynecomastia?
It's just the first grade and it's obviously genetics cause my elder brother has it, I gym often but that seed has refused to melt, it seems I have no option than surgery but I can't afford that now.
Lest I forget, someone once said something about hormonal therapy buy I can't seem to get the right information I need about it on Google.
Attached is a photo.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by 21sailor: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
pansophist:

Please 🙏 check my predicament.

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Lorayne(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09
pansophist:
I have been in the game of losing and gaining fat for at least a decade. As a former university fitness fine boy, I have seen so much wrong information on the internet, especially money-hungry social media thieves (aka influencers) that prey on people's ignorance to make money.

So if you have problems/questions about losing fat/gaining muscles, drop them here, and I will handle it. I will delve into the science of how food relates to your body. And guess what? for free.

Can you build muscle while losing fat?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 7:59pm On Jan 09
Lorayne:

Can you build muscle while losing fat?

Yes. And that's the ideal way.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Lorayne(m): 11:07pm On Jan 09
pansophist:

How can someone go about that?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 11:31pm On Jan 11
Lorayne:

How can someone go about that?

Have you read the thread from beginning? It contains useful information concerning the info that you seek.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Ahijo1990(m): 10:41pm On Jan 12
@Pansophist

Chief, I have a question. Is it advisable to take supplements (creatine specifically) while gyming? Any benefits? Any side effects?

I have been lifting consistently for about 14 months now.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 11:41pm On Jan 12
Ahijo1990:
@Pansophist

Chief, I have a question. Is it advisable to take supplements (creatine specifically) while gyming? Any benefits? Any side effects?

I have been lifting consistently for about 14 months now.

I will not advice that. I have never used supplement before, so dont know much about it,

I prefer the natural way. Just eat healthy, and eat a lot of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Ahijo1990(m): 7:03am On Jan 13
pansophist:

I will not advice that. I have never used supplement before, so dont know much about it,

I prefer the natural way. Just eat healthy, and eat a lot of it.
Thanks, Chief.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Mandela27: 7:42am On Jan 15
pansophist:

Yeah and also I believe he will look well built also.

Boss please I really want ur opinion on an issue that is bothering me about my relationship.Youre one of the mature men I respect ur wisdom so much here .

So I and my girl have been dating for 6ix months now with lots of love, attention and just looking very perfect,until she traveled for Christmas and came back,that's when I started losing trust,she gave her number to a guy that helped her reduced her load so that the bus driver won't charge her much,so in appreciation,she gave her number to him and the day she came back,the guy called her and I asked who he was,and she told me ,I wasn't okay with it and I told her,she said I shouldn't worry myself about anything that she already told the guy that she has someone,as we were still talking on this same issue,she got a text from the same guy that "he loves her",I just turned and sleep,meanwhile she didn't pick the call when he called, now she said she didn't know that kind of thing was in his mind,fast forward now,my girl starts putting her phone on silent and staying outside to talk to this same guy,sometimes when she doesn't pick,he calls her sister's line and she will take the phone and go out to talk to him.
Now, yesterday I asked her if she has any plans with him,cus on my own,I feel she just want some money to complete her rent that will be due this month cus I've been out of job for some months now,I gave her half of it last month,but I'm not really sure of her reason of talking with this guy,so she said I should give her 3 days,she will explain everything to me,and I should not over rhink anything.I suggested a break yesterday cus I don't like the way I feel about the whole thing but she started crying that I should just calm down she will explain things to me,I'm just confused,my one time over clingy woman is now dividing my attention,I've told her if she can't keep up,we should part ways so that I can focus on my life....we are already planning to go see her people in some months time,I already showed her to my own parents, this same girl loved me perfectly before I made the decision of settling with her,but now things are beginning to look some how

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:37am On Jan 15
Mandela27:

Boss please I really want ur opinion on an issue that is bothering me about my relationship.Youre one of the mature men I respect ur wisdom so much here .

So I and my girl have been dating for 6ix months now with lots of love, attention and just looking very perfect,until she traveled for Christmas and came back,that's when I started losing trust,she gave her number to a guy that helped her reduced her load so that the bus driver won't charge her much,so in appreciation,she gave her number to him and the day she came back,the guy called her and I asked who he was,and she told me ,I wasn't okay with it and I told her,she said I shouldn't worry myself about anything that she already told the guy that she has someone,as we were still talking on this same issue,she got a text from the same guy that "he loves her",I just turned and sleep,meanwhile she didn't pick the call when he called, now she said she didn't know that kind of thing was in his mind,fast forward now,my girl starts putting her phone on silent and staying outside to talk to this same guy,sometimes when she doesn't pick,he calls her sister's line and she will take the phone and go out to talk to him.
Now, yesterday I asked her if she has any plans with him,cus on my own,I feel she just want some money to complete her rent that will be due this month cus I've been out of job for some months now,I gave her half of it last month,but I'm not really sure of her reason of talking with this guy,so she said I should give her 3 days,she will explain everything to me,and I should not over rhink anything.I suggested a break yesterday cus I don't like the way I feel about the whole thing but she started crying that I should just calm down she will explain things to me,I'm just confused,my one time over clingy woman is now dividing my attention,I've told her if she can't keep up,we should part ways so that I can focus on my life....we are already planning to go see her people in some months time,I already showed her to my own parents, this same girl loved me perfectly before I made the decision of settling with her,but now things are beginning to look some how
grin.una can take nonsense from girls sha.una go learn the hard way
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Gerrard59(m): 5:31am On Jan 16
Mandela27:

Sor people in some months time,I already showed her to my own parents, this same girl loved me perfectly before I made the decision of settling with her,but now things are beginning to look some how

I am curious and I mean this without malice or ill-thought, how old are you?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 6:33am On Jan 16
Mandela27,

If her actions did not match her words, then she is deceiving you. You have live long enough to tell the difference between what someone says and what they do.

If you can't, then all your education, experience, maturity, and knowledge are all a waste. What's the point of it then? How are you different from a tree?

You know she is deceiving you, your senses, feelings, her actions, everything proves it to you, but you still need advice. It's like asking if you should cross the road when the traffic light turned green.

You're bestowing virtues she doesn't have on her. Everything tells you she is not what you think she is, but you're clinging on this false thought in your head that she is that. If people show you who they are by actions, then believe them and correct your thoughts. Don't be an idiot. Arghhh.

You know what to do, you just lack the courage and the strong will to do it because you're ruled by emotions and that is the reason why you'll suffer. Men don't have the luxury to be ruled by emotions.

Women do, men don't. And it simply because you carry the burden of performance, and you are the sacrificial one, so if things goes bad, she can walk away unharmed and in many cases, rewarded for the failed union, why you begin doing profit and loss accounting.

In her mind, she is playing a game that she must win, you guys are not team, you're competitors, but you're the dumb one thinking she is an ally. How can you lead a home with this weakling behavior?

You have to step down and see the world purely from an animlastic lenses, then you'll understand easily the behaviors of people who wants to use you generally, be it men or women.

Do you hate yourself? Sigh.

11 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by PacAmaru: 11:48am On Feb 01
I just want to look fit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Days Weight Loss Challenge With Green Coffee By Gidini / Which Drug Prevent Pregnancy After Unprotected Sex? / COVID-19 Update For July 29 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.