Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat (7723 Views)

I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way / High Protein Vegetables You Need To Eat For Gaining Muscle Mass / Causes Of A Pulled Muscle And First Aid Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
This is pansophist's alternate account. You can see the hidden post above, the spambot has banned me for 24 hours again. I don't know why.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2023
ibkayee:
I've started trying to do some weight training (in the past if I ever did exercise I'd only do cardio) but it's so painful.

How are you people doing 100 lifts at a time, I can barely manage 30 sometimes (5kg dumbbells only smh) lol. I guess it's gradual thing and you've got to start somewhere, consistency is my issue but I'm trying to do better

What goal do you intend to achieve with weight training?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ahijo1990:
Thank you for this, Bro.

I'm a Mesomorph and just started gyming (but I've been playing football for over 20 years) about 6 weeks ago with gains showing already.

Please I need tips lose (belly) fat and gain more muscles.

I'm 33, 5 ft 11 inches and weigh about 106KG.

There is no such thing as spot reduction. You lose fat generally, and the belly fat will go down on its own. So the only liquid you drink should be water (no coke, beer, etc), and eating drastically reduce sugar/glucose.

Eggs, meat, fish, carrot, avocado, basically anything that comes from animals only. If you can stick to it, then in a month, you will lose everything. Of course I am operating under the assumption that you are not big like yokozuna grin

To make it easy to grasp, just think of what a cat (lion, tiger, cheetah, etc) will eat, then eat like that. Anything that grows from the ground, or processed will usually make one faat.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
Entrepreneurrr:
I am in my late 20s and i want to gain muscle.

My body type is ectomorph

I mostly eat car.bs.

I am trying exercise using home workout app like 3 times in a week, though i am not consistent

Na your food be the problem. Stop eating car/bs. or reduce it to 20% for months. It is hard, and that is why most people cannot lose weight.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2023
Henri244:
So I am 23 years old, I just started since early this year doing 15 pushups every morning. I eat beans a lot, Rice, Spaghetti, Different soups with meat or fish. After everything I eat I still look slim.
My younger brother is all looking big and fat and also muscular.
What do I do or eat to gain weight & muscles pls?
Modified: I'm 5.9ft tall

The answer to all fat people's problems is food. You didn't just become fat by growing into an adult. You become fat by the food you eat, and knowing which food not to eat (or at least to reduce) will give the result that you seek.

So instead of eating a plate of rice with two meat, it should be a plate of meat with small rice.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
Pansophism:

The answer to all fat people's problems is food. You didn't just become fat by growing into an adult. You become fat by the food you eat, and knowing which food not to eat (or at least to reduce) will give the result that you seek.

So instead of eating a plate of rice with two meat, it should be a plate of meat with small rice.

You have to be rich to eat like this na.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
Henri244:
So I am 23 years old, I just started since early this year doing 15 pushups every morning. I eat beans a lot, Rice, Spaghetti, Different soups with meat or fish. After everything I eat I still look slim.
My younger brother is all looking big and fat and also muscular.
What do I do or eat to gain weight & muscles pls?
Modified: I'm 5.9ft tall

As glistinin said, 15 pushups are nothing. You are only convincing yourself that you are doing something, but it has no effect. Unless you are doing 15 as a starter, then progressing to at least 100 everyday.

Also, a pushup is a form of calisth.enics , and calis.thenics that has a ceiling by default. Your muscle can't grow if the only challenge it has is your body weight. You need the gym, and an increase in weight, to force it to grow bigger and stronger.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You have to be rich to eat like this na.

grin grin grin

Now you understand why lots of fat people are poor lol

But one can be smart about it. Eggs are cheaper, or kpomo, and the cheapest animals available (chicken?). The fact is that you need protein to replace rice, swallow etc with protein, There is just no other way out.

6 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:29pm On Jan 11, 2023
rikudosennin

Na you I quote wey dem ban me so. I was responding to you and the spambot banned me again until tomorrow lol. And na you make them ban me for two days before. Wetin na? grin
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
Pansophism:

grin grin grin

Now you understand why lots of fat people are poor lol

But one can be smart about it. Eggs are cheaper, or kpomo, and the cheapest animals available (chicken?). The fact is that you need protein to replace rice, swallow etc with protein, There is just no other way out.
Eggs aren't cheap in Nigeria again. One egg is 150 where I live. Those days where you could get egg for 20 naira. You could get like ten at once lol angry grin grin.

3 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Eggs aren't cheap in Nigeria again. One egg is 150 where I live. Those days where you could get egg for 20 naira. You could get like ten at once lol angry grin grin.

Chai, na wa o. In that case, being fit is for the rich then. Time to japa lol.

3 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
[b]So guys, since December, I made a truce with myself that I will lose 10k. So far, I have lost 7kg in six weeks, and this is what my diet looks like.

Eggs, meat, fish, zero carb yogurts, water (no sugary drink/beer/wine, etc, just water), vegetables, hotdog, avocado, cucumber, coconuts, groundnuts, chicken, and skipping rope once in a while. That's all.

This diet was hard, because it was bland, monotonous, and functional, not the desired, but I stuck to it because the result is more important for me than discomfort.

The typical foods for Nigerians are swallow, rice, beans, bread, sodas, beer, pap, tea and sugar, yam, shawarma, pizza, etc. `Avoid them all. These foods are what is making you fat. You eat them too much, in the wrong proportion.

If you can eat a combination of the above for a month, I guarantee you that you will lose all those fats. You do not need a gym at all. But it feels good to look at yourself in the mirror naked, and like what you see, and I feel healthy and agile. [/b]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
Is pork meat also good protein too
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by RikudoSennin: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
Pansophism:
rikudosennin

Na you I quote wey dem ban me so. I was responding to you and the spambot banned me again until tomorrow lol. And na you make them ban me for two days before. Wetin na? grin

My Oga no vex. The bot na evil bot. Can I have the answers here?
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Is pork meat also good protein too

Yes, it's proteinous and fatty. It's good.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
RikudoSennin:

My Oga no vex. The bot na evil bot. Can I have the answers here?

I de fear lol. grin

Make them no go ban me again if I respond to you. E be like say your village people don infiltrate nairaland grin
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by RikudoSennin: 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2023
Pansophism:

I de fear lol. grin

Make them no go ban me again if I respond to you. E be like say your village people don infiltrate nairaland grin

grin They no wan make I fit this year.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Pansophism: 10:46pm On Jan 11, 2023
RikudoSennin:

grin They no wan make I fit this year.

Wicked people. Okay, I go try to respond, and de cautious with my words. But if you notice a hidden post, then make you know to say them don ban me again.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by RikudoSennin: 11:03pm On Jan 11, 2023
Pansophism:

Wicked people. Okay, I go try to respond, and de cautious with my words. But if you notice a hidden post, then make you know to say them don ban me again.

Were you banned a again? I noticed another hidden post.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Ahijo1990(m): 7:29am On Jan 12, 2023
Pansophism:

There is no such thing as spot reduction. You lose fat generally, and the belly fat will go down on its own. So the only liquid you drink should be water (no coke, beer, etc), and eating drastically reduce sugar/glucose.

Eggs, meat, fish, carrot, avocado, basically anything that comes from animals only. If you can stick to it, then in a month, you will lose everything. Of course I am operating under the assumption that you are not big like yokozuna grin

To make it easy to grasp, just think of what a cat (lion, tiger, cheetah, etc) will eat, then eat like that. Anything that grows from the ground, or processed will usually make one faat.

Thank you bro.

I no dey near coke and other fizzy drinks. Na only beer (about 2 bottles per week) I dey take with plenty water but I might have to stop the beer now.

I eat a lot of fruits too. I'm seeing carbohydrates consumption as a major stumbling block here so I'm going the route of portion reduction. Cutting all my regular carb intakes by half from now.

Lol. I'm not obese. Here's my pic taken on 26th Dec 2022.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 4:34am On Jan 13, 2023
Ahijo1990:

Thank you bro.

I no dey near coke and other fizzy drinks. Na only beer (about 2 bottles per week) I dey take with plenty water but I might have to stop the beer now.

I eat a lot of fruits too. I'm seeing carbohydrates consumption as a major stumbling block here so I'm going the route of portion reduction. Cutting all my regular carb intakes by half from now.

Lol. I'm not obese. Here's my pic taken on 26th Dec 2022.

Big man, see as you carry muscle full everywhere, are you normal? Lol. Your physique is good, it gives that undertone of potential violence, a warning for village people not to mess with you.

But accentuate your looks by scraping off the fats that blur your packs and definition. Try fine abeg, you get the physique already, so. Na to sexy remain, it should be one of your new year resolution. And to achieve that, start eating like a lion.

For the past six weeks, my meal revolves around animals and vegetables. So fish, meat, eggs, cucumber, avocado, coconut, hotdog, broccoli, groundnut, chicken, and water.

I was just combining it anyhow to not make it boring, and like play, 7kg disappear comot from my system. Come give me a youthful, masculine looks. So start am. But warning, it's hard o.

Restricting carbs will make you feel weak, and you won't be in your best mood, but after like a weak or so, it will be over and your body will transform to an efficient burning machine.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Ahijo1990(m): 8:48am On Jan 13, 2023
pansophist:

Big man, see as you carry muscle full everywhere, are you normal? Lol. Your physique is good, it gives that undertone of potential violence, a warning for village people not to mess with you.

But accentuate your looks by scraping off the fats that blur your packs and definition. Try fine abeg, you get the physique already, so. Na to sexy remain, it should be one of your new year resolution. And to achieve that, start eating like a lion.

For the past six weeks, my meal revolves around animals and vegetables. So fish, meat, eggs, cucumber, avocado, coconut, hotdog, broccoli, groundnut, chicken, and water.

I was just combining it anyhow to not make it boring, and like play, 7kg disappear comot from my system. Come give me a youthful, masculine looks. So start am. But warning, it's hard o.

Restricting carbs will make you feel weak, and you won't be in your best mood, but after like a weak or so, it will be over and your body will transform to an efficient burning machine.

Thank you very much Chief for the compliments, tips and advice. I will surely go hard this year.
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 9:39am On Jan 13, 2023
emmaodet:

The middle one.

My problem is weight. I gave weight so fast and too much despite registering and going to gym, swimming and still jogging at home.
My present weight is 105kg and I don’t like it.
I want to drop down to Atleast 90kg

Food my guy, food. Stop eating like a Nigerian. Start eating like a lion. Go on a strict bloody diet. So eat anything that has blood in it.

So beef, fish, chicken, pork, egg, goat, pepper soup etc. If you can do it, you'll easily loose everything three months Max. You don't need gym to loose weight.

Going to gym is convincing yourself that you're doing something, but the effect is not the result you're trying to achieve.

Gym na to build muscle, not loose weight. If you go to gym without dieting, then you'll gain muscle but it will be buried deep in fats. Giving you that Don Jazzy look.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by emmaodet: 9:51am On Jan 13, 2023
pansophist:

Food my guy, food. Stop eating like a Nigerian. Start eating like a lion. Go on a strict bloody diet. So eat anything that has blood in it.

So beef, fish, chicken, pork, egg, goat, pepper soup etc. If you can do it, you'll easily loose everything three months Max. You don't need gym to loose weight.

Going to gym is convincing yourself that you're doing something, but the effect is not the result you're trying to achieve.

Gym na to build muscle, not loose weight. If you go to gym without dieting, then you'll gain muscle but it will be buried deep in fats. Giving you that Don Jazzy look.

Hmmmmmmm
Thanks bro.

I will work on my diet now.
If I change to bloody foods, can I be eating it 3 times a day? Or I need to starve myself too
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 13, 2023
Make una share fats for us abeg.

1 Like

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 9:54am On Jan 13, 2023
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmm
Thanks bro.

I will work on my diet now.
If I change to bloody foods, can I be eating it 3 times a day? Or I need to starve myself too

Eat until satiety. Don't starve yourself. But only drink water, nothing else. Protein typically have less calories than carb, and has a higher satiety index.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 9:55am On Jan 13, 2023
peepydelano:
Make una share fat for us abeg.

Start to drink beer, eat chocolate, and load yourself with fries and pizza. Na you go run from fat. Also if you're below 25,then calm down, the fat go come as you de grow.

3 Likes

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 13, 2023
pansophist:

Start to drink beer, eat chocolate, and load yourself with fries and pizza. Na you go run from fat. Also if you're below 25,then calm down, the fat go come as you de grow.

I don’t do alcohol, I doubt if the fat will ever come ooo. Northerners have refused to settle their rifts with fats � , you sabi wetin I dy talk sha
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 10:08am On Jan 13, 2023
peepydelano:
I don’t do alcohol, I doubt if the fat will ever come ooo. Northerners have refused to settle their rifts with fats � , you sabi wetin I dy talk sha

Una too de waka. Na why. Northerners go trek from mainland to island, while carrying something. How fat wan take come?

Try lazy small. Fat na big man wahala. So try to calm and enjoy life. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 13, 2023
pansophist:

Una too de waka. Na why. Northerners go trek from mainland to island, while carrying something. How fat wan take come?

Try lazy small. Fat na big man wahala. So try to calm and enjoy life. grin
Re: Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat by pansophist(m): 10:26am On Jan 13, 2023
peepydelano:
Wrong, was born in wealth and affluence, so no reason that way, it’s just a natural thing. Most of us no dy fat, it’s a natural thing. Enjoyment na our birth right ooo. Those ones you talked about are just a portion of my people who ain’t privileged but contented with what life brings.

Haaa. I no get prescription for your case bros. You no need ask Mr Ibu. Ask am wetin he de chop. Or Don Jazzy. As for me, I gain or loose weight easily. So na my specialty be that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Drug Prevent Pregnancy After Unprotected Sex? / COVID-19 Update For July 29 2021 In Nigeria / Can One Contract Hiv By Sucking The Mammary glands Of an Hiv Positive Woman ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.