Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting (32276 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) / Omega Power Ministry Shades Pastor Ibiyeomie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by csunnyjoe2019: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
I pray that you find Christ on time.

Nolevel666:
The same pastoo go collect BJ from choir mistress for him office after service grin sad
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by sageb: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
gaby:
Jesus of Arimathea, Rivers branch has spoken.

so funny
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by csunnyjoe2019: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2023
Please help me ask this guy/girl. cheesy cheesy
Who talk about tithe here now?

WhisperedNoise:

What exactly are you talking about sir?
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by ifko: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
Wickedfact:
This is exactly the problem with religion in Nigeria. Since it is not regulated, anyone can wake up and say anything and expect people to follow sheepishly.

Even the Bible doesn't support what this man is saying.

Ibieyomie is quoting from the Old Testament.
The Old Testament where Ibieyomie is quoting from states that tithes and offerings are for Levites. Is Ibieyomie a Levite?
But he is collecting tithe in God's name and spending it on God's behalf.
1Corinthian is in old testament
You dull no be small...suspending ones reason faculty because of argument is a grave sin against humanity.
Since you have stopped going to Church because of useless 2000 tithe wet u dey give, has your life improved?
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by staga: 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
Fasting requires abstinence from all bodily pleasures such as food and sex. There is nothing abnormal and it does not have to take Pastor Ibiyeomie to tell his followers who should know what fasting entails what to do.

Christians who want to fast should know what it entails. How can you be fasting and having sex?
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by efembaba(m): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
There is no where in the Bible that mandates a couple not to have sex when fasting! In fact there is no where in the New Covenant that mandates even fasting itself or ANYTHING for that matter.

The only thing mandated for everyone is our faith in Christ for salvation and our growth in the knowledge of Christ.

Moreover, This is not to state that we are not expected to fast (Understand the difference between "mandate" and "expected".

Mandating married couples to not have sex, (or mandating anything at all such as tithing, etc) particularly if that is not coming from their heart is RELIGIOUS. And Christianity is no religion.

For you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law - Gal 5: 18;
that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Rom 8: 4;

A pastor may "encourage", an action but HE CAN'T MANDATE or BLACKMAIL people into doing anything.

If they do it merely because they are being religiously harassed to do it, and it's not coming from their heart, it has no spiritual value and it is going to be fighting against the GRACE of God.

If a couple decides to have sex during a fast, NOTHING will happen.

Let's not reduce The Faith to mere self-imposed religion!!!

NEVER LET ANYONE DENY YOU OF YOUR PRIZE IN CHRIST (NOT EVEN YOU PASTOR)!!!!

Colossians 2:18 (WNT) Let no one defraud you of your prize, priding himself on his humility and on his worship of the angels, and taking his stand on the visions he has seen, and idly puffed up with his unspiritual thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by staga: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
efembaba:
There is no where in the Bible that mandates a couple not to have sex when fasting! In fact there is no where in the New Covenant that mandates even fasting itself or ANYTHING for that matter.

The only thing mandated for everyone is our faith in Christ for salvation and our growth in the knowledge of Christ.

Moreover, This is not to state that we are not expected to fast (Understand the difference between "mandate" and "expected".

Mandating married couples to not have sex, (or mandating anything at all such as tithing, etc) particularly if that is not coming from their heart is RELIGIOUS. And Christianity is no religion.

For you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law - Gal 5: 18;
that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Rom 8: 4;

A pastor may "encourage", an action but HE CAN'T MANDATE or BLACKMAIL people into doing anything.

If they do it merely because they are being religiously harassed to do it, and it's not coming from their heart, it has no spiritual value and it is going to be fighting against the GRACE of God.

If a couple decides to have sex during a fast, NOTHING will happen.

Let's not reduce The Faith to mere self-imposed religion!!!

NEVER LET ANYONE DENY YOU OF YOUR PRIZE IN CHRIST (NOT EVEN YOU PASTOR)!!!!

Colossians 2:18 (WNT) Let no one defraud you of your prize, priding himself on his humility and on his worship of the angels, and taking his stand on the visions he has seen, and idly puffed up with his unspiritual thoughts.

The reason why modern day Christians function without power is because they argue everything and always come up with excuses not to do the very things that empowered the first church in Acts of the Apostles. Prayerless, powerless and unfocussed Christians everywhere.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by kennisman(m): 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2023
Konji nah bastard.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Nolevel666: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2023
csunnyjoe2019:

Abeg nor let me blast you this evening.
Do what suits you nor use am rob me.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by papagiddy(m): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2023
spencekat:
How?So through out Ramadan fasting,married people can't have sex with their partners?
chairman.... Ramadan is out of here oo..just skipping lunch u dey call that one fasting The pastor is on point o
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Youlins: 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2023
Does he have such Rights as to ban a married couple from having sex. I think he advised them to abstain from sex during fasting
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by DriveByKiller: 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2023
chokekachy:

https://independent.ng/ibiyeomie-bans-couples-from-having-sex-during-fasting/?utm_source=&utm_medium=%5Btwitter%5D
idiotic charlatans that call themselves pastors.

Who gave you power to declare fasting to a married man and wife without asking the husband first?

Idiotic pastors think the wives are answerable to them instead of the husbands
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by MSesan: 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2023
Spiritual food

nairadatti:
is sex food ?
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by vivaAfrica: 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
Misleading heading, bloggers and journalists should mo d how they twist news to attract clicks and visitors. He Never banned anyone from having sex. He only suggested that fasting will be more effective whe couples abstain from sex during fasting.

chokekachy:

https://independent.ng/ibiyeomie-bans-couples-from-having-sex-during-fasting/?utm_source=&utm_medium=%5Btwitter%5D
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by WhisperedNoise: 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
Iamzik:

You better no get energy. Yall should stop acting like Pharisees.
Your pastor is not always absolutely right in everything and this one is clearly wrong.

Married couples can have sex after breaking their fast each day unless if it is a marathon fast and this must be by mutual consent by both husband and wife. QED

Okay boss. Whatever rocks your boat, sir.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by efembaba(m): 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
I have not said we should not pray
I have not said we should not fast
I have not said we should not focus

I have only said that THE NEW CONVENANT THAT WE ARE IN IS NOT ABOUT GIVING OR FOLLOWING ORDERS FROM ANYONE INCLUDING FROM PASTORS!

We serve God from our heart now and we don't just dogmatically follow orders!

It is wrong for any pastor to MANDATE his members (married couples) to abstain from sex because they are fasting when it's not coming from their heart..

That is RELIGION!

staga:

The reason why modern day Christians function without power is because they argue everything and always come up with excuses not to do the very things that empowered the first church in Acts of the Apostles. Prayerless, powerless and unfocussed Christians everywhere.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
Stevengold:
No blame am na, unfortunately you no get anything to offer for people to also listen and follow you. So for now wey u no get anything. just use the mute button abeg.
So because I refuse to con/scam people usinh God's name means that I don't have anything to offer them? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sweetplum:
■ The pastor has done nothing wrong.
■ Muslims, Traditionalists, Buddhists etc all fast and consecrate themselves for some period. Some are even severe that they don't see people.
So...why pick on Pastor Ibiyeome? Why pick on Christianity?
■I v seen your posts on threads that deals with church. Be careful the way you speak against the body of Christ. God's not your mate!
1. Your pastor has sinned against God by setting himself as Teacher and shepherd over those who claim to believe in God. He uses the name of God to scam and deceive them feeding them lies ---' doctrines and traditions --' which have absolutely nothing to do with God.. undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ ever say in scripture that His followers are to do any of that which Muslims, traditionists, Buddhists- all of them of this world and not of the Kingdom of God -- do in their own worship of their pagan gods? undecided

3. Stop thinking threats work where God is concerned. I know yours god of men taught you such nonsense but you must have to use your sense to figure out that such threats are meaningless. Only Babalawos use such threats. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Anakazo22:
Oga shut up your mouth...he was not talking to you but his members
So, no be the same Jesus Christ wey come 2000 years ago your mogs dey try claim again, na the only God wey only their members understand he dey talk about, abi? undecided

You folks should learn to adopt critical reasoning ability this year so you stop using these foolish excuses abeg. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Stevengold(m): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So because I refuse to con/scam people usinh God's name means that I don't have anything to offer them? undecided

Refuse or no opportunity.

Omor pray o.
Over 6million dey follow one man. And you dey kee yasef here.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by basork: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
chokekachy:

Pastor imposition is not mutual consent don't add what is not added. Bible said a woman should respect her husband and man love his wife.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
Stevengold:
Refuse or no opportunity.

Omor pray o.
Over 6million dey follow one man. And you dey kee yasef here.
Kee ke! I am right here still pointing out that the man is nothing but a scammer using God's name to steal from His sheep, killl the fat off of God's sheep and destroy God's flock...same thing wey Jesus Christ warn against over 2000 years ago. So come next moment,na the same thing I go dey talk still. You can follow me around to confirm that the man, like every others like him out there, remain scammers. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
basork:
Pastor imposition is not mutual consent don't add what is not added. Bible said a woman should respect her husband and man love his wife.
Your Pastor is a liar and scammer using God's name to benefit his kingdom here on earth.. it's what Jesus Christ said they all do. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
vivaAfrica:
Misleading heading, bloggers and journalists should mo d how they twist news to attract clicks and visitors. He Never banned anyone from having sex. He only suggested that fasting will be more effective whe couples abstain from sex during fasting.
He is lying , and is a scammer. No one who belongs to Jesus Christ would even suggest starvation-diet fasting in place of the kind of fasting which God Himself instead decreed. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
Youlins:
Does he have such Rights as to ban a married couple from having sex. I think he advised them to abstain from sex during fasting
The man is a liar. He is lying , and is a scammer. No one who belongs to Jesus Christ would even suggest starvation-diet fasting in place of the kind of fasting which God Himself instead decreed. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by nick50(m): 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
Na ibiyomie dey marry my wife abi I borrow money from him to pay d dowry??..all these pastors should calm down oo make dem no do pass oyimbo wey teach dem work
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Iamzik: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
staga:

The reason why modern day Christians function without power is because they argue everything and always come up with excuses not to do the lvery things that empowered the first church in Acts of the Apostles. Prayerless, powerless and unfocussed Christians everywhere.

Pele o old time religion Christian. Looks like you know the Bible better than Paul himself.

If we should start practicing the real act of apostle Christianity many of these so called pastors will close church.

Tell your pastor to paste sex timetable for his married members if you like

2 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Your pastor has sinned against God by setting himself as Teacher and shepherd over those who claim to believe in God. He uses the name of God to scam and deceive them feeding them lies ---' doctrines and traditions --' which have absolutely nothing to do with God.. undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ ever say in scripture that His followers are to do any of that which Muslims, traditionists, Buddhists- all of them of this world and not of the Kingdom of God -- do in their own worship of their pagan gods? undecided

3. Stop thinking threats work where God is concerned. I know yours god of men taught you such nonsense but you must have to use your sense to figure out that such threats are meaningless. Only Babalawos use such threats. undecided
You v not made anything tangible from my questions and post.
Fasting is part of Christendom.
If one is told to abstain from sex for some time, it's allowed.
You are wrong to tell the pastor how to run his belief when you don't share same belief with him.
And I put it to you that atheist sef dey do consecration.
I put it to you to keep quiet and beef sensibly if you v grouse with Christendom. And your types are so coward you dare not talk against Mohammedans!
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
csunnyjoe2019:
You do you first! undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
ifko:

1Corinthian is in old testament
You dull no be small...suspending ones reason faculty because of argument is a grave sin against humanity.
Since you have stopped going to Church because of useless 2000 tithe wet u dey give, has your life improved?
So many lives have changed as a result abeg! They are no longer ignorant sheep gullible accepting the lies fed them by mogs and pastors who are nothing but scammers. undecided

It is my diagnosis that those of you who went back after 2020 did so as a result of mental illness or anxiety. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Onarabu: 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
staga:
Fasting requires abstinence from all bodily pleasures such as food and sex. There is nothing abnormal and it does not have to take Pastor Ibiyeomie to tell his followers who should know what fasting entails what to do.

Christians who want to fast should know what it entails. How can you be fasting and having sex?

I think the issues here is not to have sex during fasting but to abstain completely until the said 21 days when the proclaimed fasting is ended!. That's the bone of contention.
I don't think any serious Christian should be having sex during fasting .
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sweetplum:

■Fasting is part of Christendom.
■ If one is told to abstain from sex for some time, it's allowed.
■ You are wrong to tell the pastor how to run his belief when you don't share same belief with him.
■And I put it to you that atheist sef dey do consecration.
■I put it to you to keep quiet and beef sensibly if you v grouse with Christendom. And your types are so coward you dare not talk against Mohammedans!
1. Starvation-diet fasting is not part of teachings given by God to His followers - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 is where God Himself made clear the kind of fasting that He wants. undecided

2. No man has right to use the name of God to tell another to abstain from sex of any of that which God Himself has not decreed. undecided

3. Everyone who in fact belongs to Jesus Christ is called to live according to the very same Law which Jesus Christ gave to His followers. What your pastor is running is contrary to the Law that was given by Jesus Christ. Also, your pastor, by using the name of Jesus Christ to sell His lies sins against Jesus Christ. undecided

4. I put it to you that from this you follow men and not Jesus Christ since you seem to think pastors are some sort of masters over you. And as Jesus Christ made clear, it is impossible to serve two masters in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 6 vs 24 undecided

5. I also put it to you that you don't know Jesus Christ because it is impossible to know Him yet keep quiet when you see false teachers and false prophets selling lies using His name. Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him will shout what He tells them in secret from rooftops. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) / Man Requests For Past Tithe Donations To Dunamis Church (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.