Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! (44070 Views)

Is N150,000 Monthly A Good Salary ? / 774,000 Jobs: Beneficiaries Salary Is N60,000 Monthly - Festus Keyamo / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by viodemus: 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
leave am. No send am again.

Hopefully, he get other major plans that doesn't including illegal means.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Noble4life(m): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
My brother, I am not asking for school fees cos they attend the school my wife teaches. As much as we can we try to offset the bills per term. I just need assistance to get some books, writing materials some necessary snacks. A
Pickmycall:
Why you no cut your coat to your size?No government school for your area?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by treatise: 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
I cannot take up that job, N150,000 monthly salary is too small!

Last year, a fresh graduate rejected the job I got him

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

He is still at home trusting God

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

Some think the salary is belittling and not up to their worth.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

Your decision depends on whether you have a job at hand or not.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

Once the salary can cater for your feeding and transport, you are fine.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

You have an experience to point to.

You can't ask for a lion share (Salary) with a fish brain (no experience)

At the earliest days of my career,

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

I do wake up as early as 4:30am to enjoy cheap transport to Ojota

And BRT to Yaba were cheaper compared to 14 seater Bus.

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

Infact standing was my hobby ��

I will get to the office 6am and wait till 8am when other staff will resume.

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Later, I joined another company with double salary.

The rest is history today,

If you are in doubt of taking a job because of the pay, accept the offer,

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?
"salary is too small" is largely the narrative of those still living under their parents or relations or friends with reasonable comfort ; a woman being chased by a lion doesn't remember to hold her breasts from flapping. I taught in private hostels at sango Ota, from there to a private school, from there to a corporate gifts marketing company, from there to a company of multinational status. When you don't have anywhere to run to you take up offers just to stay afloat until something better comes up.

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Lamanii22(f): 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?
please I need a job, help my life…

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Noble4life(m): 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
My brother I am not asking for school fees cos my wife is a teacher in the school they attend. We pay their fees somehow. Please, I need assistance with buying some books, writing materials and some other necessary items.
Pickmycall:
Why you no cut your coat to your size?No government school for your area?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by baba4thegehs: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hmmmm.

Such mindset will make him lose out on a lot opportunities. I started my career that year at one of the leading fintech companies earning 30k and moved up to 150k in less than 4 months but till date that single experience shaped my career trajectory.

Graduates should be more strategic and properly plan
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by essienisrael5(m): 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
Is true bro. Red brt buses, moreover you should be able to decipher false write up.

free2ryhme:

When I read through your statement I knew you were lying heavily.

Both standing and sitting you pay the same amount for ticket to enter.

BRT never charges different fair for sitting and standing.

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
franklingud:
Some village people too strong ah swear!!!

Stupidity dey make village people stronger

Your mentality is why Nigerians will always be cheap labour!

They don’t know their worth!

I use to say you can employ a pHd holder with 100k and still will have long que on interview date!

A CCIE will settle for 150k, even a SW developer will collect that same rate!

Why I always say it’s the best place to invest cos cheap and extraordinary brilliant Labour is available!

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Tintedsino: 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
Aswear I know of two hausa boys dat got employed at Minting and printing, after working for a month, d two stupid boys went back to their father and said they can't work there, dat d pay is too small. D junior one was even saying how can a person work for 1month and all dey could pay him was 200k plus. D father was even trying to convince Dem to continue working oo, d boys refused. U can imagine, dis is a job I av bin chasing since I graduated oooo. I wan cry dat day.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
baba4thegehs:
Hmmmm.

Such mindset will make him lose out on a lot opportunities. I started my career that year at one of the leading fintech companies earning 30k and moved up to 150k in less than 4 months but till date that single experience shaped my career trajectory.

Graduates should be more strategic and properly plan

It’s not about mindset, it’s knowing your worth if you confident of what you bringing to the table.

Why almost all professional jobs are messed up, cos people keep settling for crumbs even with the best of brains and experience!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by samiabigail: 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
shocked Nigeria is messed up. I have a friend Bsc Accounting, MSc Finance bros dey work for club cry
football club ?? abi the other one
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by karkinase(m): 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
150K is too small .. he’s right this is how we keep enabling underemployment in the country. He might get stuck under that same pay for years and the income won’t cater for expenses anymore

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Lisaint(m): 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
I don’t know if this is the right place to share!
But i will share my not to long story here!
I’m also a fresh graduate
I rounded up nysc in july 7 22.
August 21 i picked up a loan officer job for the sake of the experience and not to be idle,
The job has been so stressful as I’m the only loan officer
Going to field and all
We don’t observe public holiday
No off at all
Resume 7:30am to close late in the evening…
Now i reason
Its time to move on
The work is not giving me the chance to seek development somewhere else ( as in self development)
Its not like have gotten another job somewhere else, cause this one is not even giving me the chance..
Someone might says its not easy getting a job out there!
Buh then I want to leave because it’s really tying me me down!
I don’t even have time for myself
Couple with the fact that i work with an unappreciative boss!

I just want the best for myself
Did anyone think I’m taking a wrong step?

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by baba4thegehs: 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

It’s not about mindset, it’s knowing your worth if you confident of what you bringing to the table.

Why almost all professional jobs are messed up, cos people keep settling for crumbs even with the best of brains and experience!

Life doesn't work that way chief. You can only know your worth when you've gathered experiences and valuable skills over the years. Not a fresh graduate asking for more when you have little nothing to offer.

The odds are in favour of those who take more chances.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Fakelondonboi(m): 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
PLEASE I NEED THE JOB

CAN I BE TRAINED ON IT
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by biggz82: 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
Penny wise, Pounds foolish. He is a foolish man. God doesn't answer the prayer of foolishness. I guess, he has someone fending for him.

Point of correction, pounds not foolish but remain pounds

This is a clear case of penny wise MAN foolish
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by translux(m): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
I have been on N120k salary for about three years now, the salary was increased to N170k this January 2023 and before then I have built a very good house with 2 cars, the source of funds is from the same job but not the salary.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by generalwo(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
That one is mad... He should come and see where people are earning 25k per month....

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Goldbw122(m): 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
For me I will accept the job and add that to my job experience, I have done that before and now it has serve me greatly. So life is an experience.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Truvelisback(m): 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
beardedboy:

He might not be foolish.

There are three things people gain from a job;
1. Money to save and establish yourself in the future
2. Experience to apply for better roles in the future
3. Time to invest in learning and upskilling for better roles.

A job that offers none of the above is big no-no for me. People have different goals in life. That guy may stay jobless for two years, but if he invests those two years in the right path he can earn those two years salary in 6months or even less.

Sapa never hold u be that. If better sapa hold u, even if the only available job na to wash plate, u go do am to survive. grin The truth is that, the guy has someone fending for him that's why.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by johnlaw123(m): 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:

Do you agree?

I will round up my youth service next month, I will be glad if you can assist me with job, I don't mind the pay.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by SpecsyGrachi(f): 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Abeg give me the job. I need am

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by DollarSigns(m): 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rexymania:
Mama I love your physic
Shun physique this new year, no be body guyman go chop
Go hustle
Happy Sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by descarado: 7:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
GloriousGbola:

a masters only works if you ALREADY have working experience. but as entry level - it is a bad idea.
Very useless. Wonder why they rush into doing master when they don't know which direction they are heading after first degree.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by descarado: 7:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
Golan007:

Abroad, like UK, of you get those qualifications dem go dey beg you sef.
Very big lie.
Take am easy bros.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Golan007: 7:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
descarado:

Very big lie.
Take am easy bros.

I just dey embellish wetin e talk na.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by dy79(m): 7:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
shocked Nigeria is messed up. I have a friend Bsc Accounting, MSc Finance bros dey work for club cry
Teaching job in Gambia, better than banking jobs in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by ossaiii: 7:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Op pleaseeeeeeeee help me with this job abeg. I have been at home for 4years now no job and I am a family man with a wife and two kids. It hasn't been easy all these while. I wish you could help me out for i won't mind accepting the said job. Thanks.

IyaTola:

Do you agree?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Judolisco(m): 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
Me dat left Niger state to Abuja to take up a job of 60k....He is jst lazy....

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Judolisco(m): 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
descarado:

Very useless. Wonder why they rush into doing master when they don't know which direction they are heading after first degree.

we do msc because there is no job... It's better than sitting at home doing nothing... Add more knowledge to yourself... When u get a job u can do another msc dat along dat line nothing spoil
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by cedricksly: 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
CodeTemplar:
He could have accepted it and just see it as a intern role to learn. It is better to ignore it in his CV if he feels it will downgrade him in the eyes of prospective employers.
have u considered the nature of the job and working conditions
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Judolisco(m): 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
karkinase:
150K is too small .. he’s right this is how we keep enabling underemployment in the country. He might get stuck under that same pay for years and the income won’t cater for expenses anymore
how much is enough for a fresh graduate with no experience?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / Borno School Needs 5000 Teachers / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.