Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,186 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage (23305 Views)

Have You Ever Slept With Someone's Fiancee That Is Currently Married Now? / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / Bride Refuses To Kiss Her Groom During Their Court Marriage In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by knowhowk: 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
Romanoff:
Whether you marry her in church or court, the same rules apply in case of a divorce.

So your fear us unfounded and it gives you off as a dishonest person.

If you love someone, you'll treat them right. Na if you dey plan to do bad to your wife you go dey consider all these things.
Oga Pls. do not take this Advise ...I beg U ,dont

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Obason22(m): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
Becare full for what u wish for. There is change of character once marriage and child involves for some women.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by BigBashiru: 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:
okay , thanks everybody ... actually my fear is not about who get the highest pay or properties if there's a divorce. The money usually doesnt matter at some point as in the case of bill gate and jeff besos . I don't ever pray for a divorce. But it seems there could only be a thought of divorce if there was a court marriage. I've read stories of couples fight that could have been settled if they had waited for few days, but one party couldn't control the anger and went straight to court and that would be the beginning of the end of the marriage, but if there wasn't a court marriage, even if it takes 1 year for them to realize their mistakes, they could still come back together and continue being husband and wife.

You are a very rational man and I quite like your rational thoughts that does not conform.

You are right in that court marriage increases the thoughts of divorce in a woman's mind.

Don't do court wedding. Explain to her real love doesn't need to be legally proven and that it's a large administrative overhead

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by sniperr007(m): 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:
I'm in a very serious relationship which will likely lead to marriage before the middle of this year. she's a good lady, very decent, God fearing and has a good Job. We both love each other so there's no point waiting than to marry her. We've talked about it and she loves the idea. Also , i've met her family and her parent treated me kindly.

The issue is, we are both planning to relocate after marriage to any of the western countries, we are both credible financially and i'm very sure we won't get denied but the stories i've heard about women changing after getting abroad makes me want to think twice about the court marriage. I would love to do every other marital right except court marriage.

How do i tell her politely without losing her? please i'll appreciate your advise.

Thank you.

Firstly, Na only court marriage embassy dey accept. So since you want to relocate after marriage. You must do court wedding.

Unless, you people do trad & church in Nigeria. Then relocate as individuals but it live a couple there.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by judeolokor(m): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:
I'm in a very serious relationship which will likely lead to marriage before the middle of this year. she's a good lady, very decent, God fearing and has a good Job. We both love each other so there's no point waiting than to marry her. We've talked about it and she loves the idea. Also , i've met her family and her parent treated me kindly.

The issue is, we are both planning to relocate after marriage to any of the western countries, we are both credible financially and i'm very sure we won't get denied but the stories i've heard about women changing after getting abroad makes me want to think twice about the court marriage. I would love to do every other marital right except court marriage.

How do i tell her politely without losing her? please i'll appreciate your advise.

Thank you.

the same way you came here to tell us so dat we provide you answers also go and tell her with the same mouth and hand you used in telling us if u can do this small thing how do you hope to be a man in your house
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by everythinggirly(f): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
Marriage dey fear me, person wey dey nice to you today, fit hurt you bad bad tomorrow.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by chris51(f): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
Romanoff:
Whether you marry her in church or court, the same rules apply in case of a divorce.

If you love someone, you'll treat them right. Na if you dey plan to do bad to your wife you go dey consider all these things.

Exactly.. I'm sure he has ulterior motives, hence he is scared of Court marriage

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by chris51(f): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
chris51:

Exactly.. I'm sure he has ulterior motives, hence he is scared of Court marriage
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by advanceDNA: 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2023
Persephone1:
Cc

advanceDNA

This is coming from a man maybe it will be easier for you to swallow. grin

Swallow....?? U think i countered ur comment becos u are a woman??
I countered ur comment because its not completely correct....it has nothing to do with gender..... civil partnership with no certificates are recognized at the embassy.... my cousin showed proof of continous relationship with pictures, bank statement of money credited to each other, whats app chats....

I even told u to go to travel section and see for yourself...but instead...u made it about ur gender.... nairaland gender war doesnt have to come into every dialogue

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Youngqueen(f): 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2023
God abeg o. No let us see this type o

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by tonididdy(m): 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:
okay , thanks everybody ... actually my fear is not about who get the highest pay or properties if there's a divorce. The money usually doesnt matter at some point as in the case of bill gate and jeff besos . I don't ever pray for a divorce. But it seems there could only be a thought of divorce if there was a court marriage. I've read stories of couples fight that could have been settled if they had waited for few days, but one party couldn't control the anger and went straight to court and that would be the beginning of the end of the marriage, but if there wasn't a court marriage, even if it takes 1 year for them to realize their mistakes, they could still come back together and continue being husband and wife.

Correct me if I’m wrong
But only a govt issued marriage certificate (court marriage) is recognized at embassy?
Otherwise get a church certificate
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
Romanoff:

This is a blatant lie!

The rules what apply to a court marriage, do not categorically apply to a church wedding.

I don't have the liberty of time to comprehensively explain the glaring differences at this very moment, but do yourself the favor of reading up on these things before putting your views out in public.

I'm about 2years old in my marriage and it was through a court process, which I decided upon after months of careful considerations. Are you married? Because most of the retards who comment on marriage threads on nairaland are single people with uninformed opinions.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by DaddyGoo: 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
If you're going to relocate abroad, you MUST do court marriage at a Federal Registry.

That's the most accepted proof of marriage for embassies.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by VenumX: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:

Thank you.

You are not ready.
You think you can benefit anything couples benefit over there if you show no legal proof of your union?

She can as well tell the police that you kidnapped her and have held her hostage for years and guess what? Because they see a black man, they will believe it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by chris51(f): 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
BigBashiru:

You are a very rational man and I quite like your rational thoughts that does not conform.

You are right in that court marriage increases the thoughts of divorce in a woman's mind.

Don't do court wedding. Explain to her real love doesn't need to be legally proven and that it's a large administrative overhead

There's is divorce in traditional marriage too. As long as it's a marriage, there's room for divorce. If he is sincere in his relationship, why should he think about divorce?
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
advanceDNA:

Swallow....?? U think i countered ur comment becos u are a woman??
I countered ur comment because its not completely correct....it has nothing to do with gender..... civil partnership with no certificates are recognized at the embassy.... my cousin showed proof of continous relationship with pictures, bank statement of money credited to each other, whats app chats....

I even told u to go to travel section and see for yourself...but instead...u made it about ur gender.... nairaland gender war doesnt have to come into every dialogue
Okay if you say so, i apologize for the misconception .

Did he tender a marriage certificate at all?
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by kingsceemark(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:

Thank you.

Why do we have so many Simp-Le guys here? You're afraid to talk to a woman you're yet to get married to? To hang you alive dey hungry me

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by lomprico(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:

Thank you.

Unless you are a Catholic or Anglican , you must do court marriage if you plan to relocate as couple abroad. You must show proof of marriage to the embassy. You fiancee wanting it or not does not matter!

If u don't trust her, why plan to marry her? undecided
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by izubext007: 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
Guy tell her oooo, if not you go be ladder
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Pastev1(m): 12:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
My Dear Brother, It's straightforward. as a man you are in charge of your home and marriage, therefore you must be bold enough to present your "Do & Don't" to leave them for her to either fit into your terms or pop out. Please tell her directly that you are not in for Court Marriage. I've been married for the past 9 years, and I told my wife direct that NO COURT MARRIAGE. so Tell Her Bro.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by JoeNL22(m): 12:20pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:

Thank you.
Do the court marriage here.
Don't do it abroad.
Secondly, you can sign a prenup with her, stating she will not collect any thing from you If or when you might divorce in the nearest future.

Or you can seek the opinion of this man below.
Any will do.

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by tunjilana: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2023
In most developed countries,

Even bn a common-law partner makes u liable.

Also it won't stop exorbitant child support that will be calculated based on ur networth.

If u really wanna have no hit in case divorce happens, then stay in Naija and have no investment abroad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by swaley: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2023
I no sabi anything but make sure there is a pre-nuptial agreement say if una divorce shi shi she no go see
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by donbenie(m): 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2023
Romanoff:

There's is such a thing as a PRE NUP..
That you think you are heads over heels in love and going to live happily ever after,is not a reason to let go of your senses..
If he has genuine fears, there's no reason for him not to take pro active measures..
Treating someone right is not a guarantee that things will not end badly..
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by davidadenrele: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2023
Brotherly,

Am happy for you, and thank God you have a woman who loves you and you both love each however a biblical verse says true love cast away fears"!! that's not to say you should not listen to your instinct men of this age and time have been turned simps and outwit and outsmart by our female gender all the name of feminists right, if i may advice you rather than take your wife to court for marriage put her in a family way, see women cares so much about having a child as surety in any marriage or relationship compared to going to a court or registry to seal their marriage vows, go to Lagos High Court and see for yourself the rate of high celebrity divorces and those who aren't celebrities the high rate of divorce is unimaginable and highly unprecedented but having a child by any woman to any man in this age and time is a 2 sure BABA IJEBU lotto to seal their relationship.

Your wife will be much happier having your baby now than going to court take it from me as your new year gift.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by TheGift: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:

Thank you.

Ask your wife this question you are asking us, Her she has the answer that you are looking for.

P.S. There is no point getting married to someone you are not willing to trust.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by ednut1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:

Thank you.
even if you dont do court marriage they can still hold you with common law or trad/ church marriage abroad especially if kids are involved This topic makes no sense

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Chris2863(m): 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:

whether traditionally or whatever, she has the right and can take you to court at any given time. For your mind, you actually thought it’s only a court marriage that can be dissolved in court cheesy

Nawa for you ooo

By the way, you don’t force love or companionship oo. I don’t know this one you are looking for someone you go cage forever going by your sentence that those who got married traditionally can have issues for years and still be married bla bla bla. Some issues self are better solved by going your separate ways op.

In summary, if you love her, open up to her. If she is okay with that, fine, if she is not, nah you know your next line of action but know this, she can decides to show you shege tomorrow no matter how the marriage was conducted (Through court or Traditionally)

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by advanceDNA: 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2023
Persephone1:
Okay if you say so, i apologize for the misconception .

Did he tender a marriage certificate at all?

They ddnt ...the option of civil partnership is evem on the visa apllication ...he was already in the uk sef doing his master....they denied the babe for visit initially....so they did the second apllication as partners
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Onnasucs1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2023
Whether court or church they're still the same thing in the eyes of the law. So go do your court wedding.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
advanceDNA:

They ddnt ...the option of civil partnership is evem on the visa apllication ...he was already in the uk sef doing his master....they denied the babe for visit initially....so they did the second apllication as partners
So they didn't go as couples from Nigeria?

There are difference processes to everything when it comes to traveling. If they had gone as couples marriage certificate would have been a must.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by advanceDNA: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2023
Persephone1:
So they didn't go as couples from Nigeria?

There are difference processes to everything when it comes to traveling. If they had gone as couples marriage certificate would have been a must.

.i explained...i said they denied her visit visa...yet u said she ddnt go from nigeria...i am tired.... u are right ...i am wrong ...can we forget about it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Girl Shares After Sex Photo With Boyfriend, Says "I Love Him" / Zenayia / My Nextdoor Neighbour Moans So Loud During Sex With Her Man, I Cant Sleep (video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.