Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage (23300 Views)

Have You Ever Slept With Someone's Fiancee That Is Currently Married Now? / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / Bride Refuses To Kiss Her Groom During Their Court Marriage In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Pat081: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
Are you not a man? Tell her what you want and what you don't want
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by OKOATA(m): 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
For one thing, court marriage helps if you need to fight the custody of your kid. Aside that nothing else.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by RALPHOW(m): 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
You cannot get visa as a coiple if you desires to relocate abroad.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by pappilo(m): 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

I think there's no marital status as

Married by Court
Married by Church
Married by traditional

Once you are married, you are married and if your wife wants a divorce abroad, it's as simple making a phone call.

Please pray before getting married o, because as humans when dollars starts coming in then you will know the true Color of such person.

Wrong.

Traditional marriages are not recognised abroad (UK/USA). Only a marriage where a certificate has been issued by a registry or a church that has such powers vested in it, will be recognised in those countries.

Its a good idea not to enter into the evil contract called marriage but note that if you live together, have children, buy property together, invest together e.t.c, you will go through all the motions a married couple go through except a formal divorce.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by FineEyesMovies: 10:49pm On Jan 11, 2023
Pre-nuptial agreements (more popularly known as 'pre-nups') are agreements entered into by couples before they formally get married which set out how they will financially arrange their affairs during their marriage, and more importantly how their finances will be dealt with in the unfortunate event of a divorce. If you are not sure of yourself you can sign this before court marriage
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Ifakiland(m): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
segtech68:
I'm in a very serious relationship which will likely lead to marriage before the middle of this year. she's a good lady, very decent, God fearing and has a good Job. We both love each other so there's no point waiting than to marry her. We've talked about it and she loves the idea. Also , i've met her family and her parent treated me kindly.

The issue is, we are both planning to relocate after marriage to any of the western countries, we are both credible financially and i'm very sure we won't get denied but the stories i've heard about women changing after getting abroad makes me want to think twice about the court marriage. I would love to do every other marital right except court marriage.

How do i tell her politely without losing her? please i'll appreciate your advise.

Thank you.
Ode how you wan prove to visa officer say una two marry? Oponu
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 12, 2023
Honestly all other forms of marriage are just add on. The court marriage certificate is the only legal proof of marriage that is acceptable any where if you plan to relocate but na only know wetin you dey fear and wetin you dey plan. God dey watch you
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Roseey0(f): 1:29am On Jan 12, 2023
You still don't know her that's why all these things are coming to your thought. Take your time and bond before you jump into marriage.
Marriage contract starts from the court, if you are ready, we will know
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by darediamond(m): 2:35am On Jan 12, 2023
mojibbz:
You better don't answer or follow all these females/feminazis on these thread. Women have nothing to lose in marriage 80% of the time in nigeria. It's more like 95% of the time outside Nigeria in the west.

They will never understand you as a man and as such will bring feminine tainted advise and shaming tactics to the table instead.

If you don't trust a woman who isn't your blood, do not make the investment of moving yall abroad. She could destroy your life in a blink if she so desired which more often than not, but she will.

I would advise you go by yourself and stabilize first even if you're going to bring her over later but be cautioned. The law over there favor females and will not hesitate to destroy you if they deem it necessary.

Crazy times bro. Gotta protect yourself first. You can't be there for your future children if you get destroyed first.

Now OP, follow the words of wisdom and you shall be free from avoidable future hearthaches. Use your HEAD SIR. Hmmmm!!!
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by linearity: 3:26am On Jan 12, 2023
Romanoff:
Whether you marry her in church or court, the same rules apply in case of a divorce. Both church and court wedding are guided by the Marriage Act of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

So your fear is unfounded and it gives you off as a dishonest person.

If you love someone, you'll treat them right. Na if you dey plan to do bad to your wife you go dey consider all these things.

E better make you no just marry.

Plus, in most western countries that he wants to travel to, there is what is called ‘common law marriage’.

Common law marriage simply means, if it ‘walk and quake like a duck, then it is a duck’. Meaning, if you have lived with her as husband and wife for sometime and others sees and treat you guys as husband and wife, then you are husband and wife irrespective of any actual marriage church or court.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by linearity: 3:35am On Jan 12, 2023
segtech68:
okay , thanks everybody ... actually my fear is not about who get the highest pay or properties if there's a divorce. The money usually doesnt matter at some point as in the case of bill gate and jeff besos . I don't ever pray for a divorce. But it seems there could only be a thought of divorce if there was a court marriage. I've read stories of couples fight that could have been settled if they had waited for few days, but one party couldn't control the anger and went straight to court and that would be the beginning of the end of the marriage, but if there wasn't a court marriage, even if it takes 1 year for them to realize their mistakes, they could still come back together and continue being husband and wife.

Going to court does not ‘end’ the marriage the way you put it.

Even after going to court, both of you can withdraw the case and tell the court that, you have resolved your differences.

Also, the most common and quickest way of getting divorce abroad is ‘no fault divorce.’ If most states in the USA, one party can fight against the no fault divorce and argue in court that, the differences are reconcilable.

Even if the divorce goes through, you guys can still remarry.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Nonywendy(m): 4:58am On Jan 12, 2023
Sweetplum:

Don't you want to own her?
Thought you men usually boast of owning us after marriage like say we be luggage?
Segtech68, if you don't want to be Segun Carpenter or Segun Alabaru, go and marry her legally. Cos that's one of the criteria for granting couple visa and also she's an asset to you.
Men run from legal marriage cos they want to v opportunity to cheat in future. Make person dey plan future sin in advance. It's demonic. Extra marital affairs has ruined lots of men.
wedding in the court is not the only way u can travel abroad with ur partner. If the church u decide to wed issues marriage certificate from the local govt u r good to go
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Romanoff(f): 7:47am On Jan 12, 2023
Nonywendy:
wedding in the court is not the only way u can travel abroad with ur partner. If the church u decide to wed issues marriage certificate from the local govt u r good to go

Local government certificate are not recognized. Only the marriage certificate from a federal marriage registry is.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by einsteine(m): 9:07am On Jan 12, 2023
Heathrow44:
Then u should consider a prenuptial agreement with ur wife before getting married let this Prenup be legalized by your solicitor or attorney, with more than 5 witnesses as signatory then signed by a renowned Judge, this prenup is to be upheld even upon ur demise, make sure you have children cos if u don't, the state would trsf ur estate to your wife who would look for a younger lover and tour the world with ur hard earned money with a dammed rotten fool

How much does he have that he is doing prenup?
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Iselogunise: 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2023
In UK, the applicant will be treated as unmarried couple. I know Canada has option of Common partner. There is a form for it

SIRKAY98:

At which embassy is Marriage certificate an option UK,USA,CANADA,SHENGENS STATES OR ASIAN COUNTRIES?
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Nonywendy(m): 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
Romanoff:

Local government certificate are not recognized. Only the marriage certificate from a federal marriage registry is.
dey play
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Romanoff(f): 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nonywendy:
dey play

Do you findings and get back to me.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by mrmislim: 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Proving relationship is because the marriage certificate from the specific applicant is not convincing enough . Court gives out certificate even to unmarried couple because it can be "arranged". If a couple married for 20 years tender their certificate it won't be one of the things to probe more by the embassy. This is like a student tendering a statement of account with transactions flow between 300k and 450k then all of a sudden a million plus transaction is reflecting on the statement. The UKVI or whatever embassy or school he or she is applying to will question such transaction and tell him or her to prove it. In such scenario will you say a student can apply for study without POF? Lol

One of the requirements to travel as a couple is Marriage certificate. That you may be ask to prove further doesn't rule it out as a requirement. But if you insist on your point, No problem. You are right. Very right grin

Hello, please do you know if it is a must to change to my husband’s name to be able to apply? Can I continue using my surname? Just need a bit of clarification.

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by frozen70(f): 3:48am On Jan 13, 2023
segtech68:
I'm in a very serious relationship which will likely lead to marriage before the middle of this year. she's a good lady, very decent, God fearing and has a good Job. We both love each other so there's no point waiting than to marry her. We've talked about it and she loves the idea. Also , i've met her family and her parent treated me kindly.

The issue is, we are both planning to relocate after marriage to any of the western countries, we are both credible financially and i'm very sure we won't get denied but the stories i've heard about women changing after getting abroad makes me want to think twice about the court marriage. I would love to do every other marital right except court marriage.

How do i tell her politely without losing her? please i'll appreciate your advise.

Thank you.

Incase you are not aware, you need the marriage registry certificate to apply at the embassy as a prove that you are married officially
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by josite: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
adieora:
You never marry, you are already thinking of how you will japa out of the marriage once the going gets rough. Recipe for disaster. Sorry to bust your bubble but that document you sign in the church is a legal document. If you do only trad, it will not be recognised when you apply for visa

the english law has always recognised non english marriages.an alhaji with four wioves can legally take his 4 wives along to UK.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Anfield247(m): 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2023
Romanoff:
Whether you marry her in church or court, the same rules apply in case of a divorce. Both church and court wedding are guided by the Marriage Act of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

So your fear is unfounded and it gives you off as a dishonest person.

If you love someone, you'll treat them right. Na if you dey plan to do bad to your wife you go dey consider all these things.

E better make you no just marry.
@Romanoff where have you been? I miss you so much on nairaland, please take good care of yourself for me

Just your fan on this platform
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Romanoff(f): 7:11am On Oct 04, 2023
Anfield247:

@Romanoff where have you been? I miss you so much on nairaland, please take good care of yourself for me

Just your fan on this platform

I've be great o. I'm still here, I just dey reaf from page topics and dey observe.
Re: How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage by Anfield247(m): 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2023
Romanoff:

I've be great o. I'm still here, I just dey reaf from page topics and dey observe.
@romanoff
God bless you, sis! Keep it up sis!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

21 Funny Things To Say To A Girl / Zenayia / My Nextdoor Neighbour Moans So Loud During Sex With Her Man, I Cant Sleep (video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.