Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,797 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

"This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe (45522 Views)

Bbnaija:if Tacha No Win, I’ll Give Her The Money’ – Peter Of Psquare Blows Hot / Iheoma Nnadi Exposes Lady Who Begs Her Money For Insulting Ighalo's Wife / Ubi Franklin Visits Paul Okoye Of Psquare’s Twins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Madups(m): 7:53am On Jan 13, 2023
But u are insulting another tribe in a thread like this [quote author=AldrichAmes post=119978768]These twins and their brother are the biggest bigots in the Nigerian entertainment industry. The fact that they’re brazen with it and no one has ever called them out, is the reason why the untalented duo stay being the gift that keeps on giving.

I remember they used to call every award they lose out on, as “Yoruba awards” and cry about being denied the award because they’re Igbo. Their elder brother also once said: “I’m a Biafran. I have lived in Lagos and me, Yoruba and Hausa people have nothing in common”.

The whole Peter Obi charade is an IPOB and Igbo supremacist campaign to hijack power again like these people did in 1966. And they have international backing this time and are using the rogue ENDSARS foot soldiers led by that dirty/smelly looking scumbag, Aisha Yesufu, and the compromised hack journalist, David Hundeyin (these two posers are funded by western NGOs). Obi was a total failure as a governor.
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by dfrost: 7:54am On Jan 13, 2023
From the comments on this thread, Nigeria is definitely sitting on a timebomb. Bad blood everywhere. Wow!!!
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by uba1991: 7:56am On Jan 13, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Aboki is not insult

Go ask the meaning of aboki, it's not insult
even stupid is not an insult abi?

2 Likes

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by uba1991: 7:58am On Jan 13, 2023
ibkayee:
Aboki isn’t inherently an insult but it is often used in a derogatory context to refer to northerners and he was clearly using it in this context
and wha is stupid? Is it an insult or not?
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by zelnababa(m): 7:59am On Jan 13, 2023
ashacot:
This is very unfortunate.

I am Igbo and I totally condemn Brymo. I understand he was pushed to make such comment about Ndi Igbo. But he was supposed to understand that Obedients are not entirely igbos even though igbos make up more of the supporters.

But they also refused to respect his choice of candidate.

Meanwhile, Psquaere guys especially this one was not insulted or mob about his political choice. Instead he insulted the northerners as this post captured.

This is even despite he grew up among the northerners.

This is bad. Very bad. Very very.

We must say no to all these rubbish bigotry
you try joor, good coomments

2 Likes

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Henryfortune(m): 8:00am On Jan 13, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Aboki is not insult

And the word stupid is a salutation in Igbo abi...

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by ibkayee(f): 8:00am On Jan 13, 2023
uba1991:
and wha is stupid? Is it an insult or not?
Sorry, some of you clearly have comprehension issues? Are we not saying the same thing?

Aboki means friend originally, BUT it is often used derogatorily (as an insult) as Peter has done. What exactly about what I said is different to what you’re saying?

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hammerT: 8:01am On Jan 13, 2023
Henryfortune:

And the word stupid is a salutation in Igbo abi...

SHARAP!

BRAINLESS!

STUPID GOAT!

IF U NO MENTION IGBO, YOUR MAMA GO DIE?
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hayoholla(m): 8:01am On Jan 13, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Aboki is not insult

You're stupid. Stupid is not an insult undecided

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Minjim: 8:01am On Jan 13, 2023
KosiGee:

A white man CAN NOT call a black man “nigger” but another black man CAN.

Thank I meant to type can't

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by farouk2much(m): 8:02am On Jan 13, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Aboki is not insult

if aboki is not an insult... What about stupid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Henryfortune(m): 8:03am On Jan 13, 2023
hammerT:
WHICH TRIBE IN NIGERIA IS CALLED ABOKI?

YORUBA MEDIA ARE REALLY DESPERATE THESE DAYZ.

Go off naira land and visit other platforms let here comment and know who is more desperate... And do ur finding well and come back here with results of how many individuals have been insulted by Yoruba or hausa for supporting a candidate this election period... M sure you canake post your findings but I beg you to

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by zelnababa(m): 8:04am On Jan 13, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Aboki is not insult

fine aboki is not insult, what about STUPID?

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by kingjudecy(m): 8:04am On Jan 13, 2023
lwisee:
In his words

https://twitter.com/PeterPsquare/status/1613499723188506626?t=TMnLQi_ROiXsbYNg18eFMw&s=19

See responses below

Everyone is busy wasting time to explain the meaning of 'Aboki' when the actual word (STUPID) qualifying the insult ( ABOKI as derogatory in this context) is conspicuously staring at them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Golan007: 8:05am On Jan 13, 2023
rickyrex:
you wail to much, nnamdi kanu did not ignite any ethnic hate. His point was on nigeria as a whole not carrying igbos along in national politics. Your parents should learn to tell you the truth of event without been bias. I guess you know nothing about the biafra war. You only heard the history dont speak as if you were a witness to the war. What kanu is doing today was what ojukwu did that led to the biafra war. Those who were witness to the war trade caution with their words for it not to repeat itself but todays generation speak more ill about it. And when you see war nah you go first run
Kumuyi is a politician?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by BlackyOne: 8:05am On Jan 13, 2023
Is aboki now a tribe in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hammerT: 8:05am On Jan 13, 2023
Henryfortune:

Go off naira land and visit other platforms let here comment and know who is more desperate... And do ur finding well and come back here with results of how many individuals have been insulted by Yoruba or hausa for supporting a candidate this election period... M sure you canake post your findings but I beg you to

U ARE BRAINLESS.

IF NIGERIA CANNOT WORK, LET US END IT, SO EVERYBODY CAN CATCH A BREAK AND BREATH.

SHARING CONTROL WITH TRANNY IS EXHAUSTING.

YOU NAG LIKE A BITCH AND CRY ABOUT EVERYTHING.

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hammerT: 8:06am On Jan 13, 2023
I WANT TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT NOT SOMEBODY OR FACELESS PERSON CALLED ME STUPID ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

YET, WHEN IT SUITS YOU, U SAY FAR WORST.

WHO IS RAISING ALL THESE MEN?EEEE
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by yaroyaro619(m): 8:09am On Jan 13, 2023
I hate these useless tilumbu urchins that i want to eliminate them. some body call aboki and so what. tilumbu is cursed for life

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by onyeego(m): 8:10am On Jan 13, 2023
Aboki is not an insult here in the North, it's people who don't understand Hausa living outside the North that will think it's an insult or derogatory....aboki means friend, aboki na means my friend, abokanai means friends.

Just like the word Mallam, some southerners will think calling a northerner Mallam is derogatory.
I am heavily bearded, many Northerners call me Ustaz cos of the beards...

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by zelnababa(m): 8:10am On Jan 13, 2023
dfrost:
From the comments on this thread, Nigeria is definitely sitting on a timebomb. Bad blood everywhere. Wow!!!
sitting in timebomb only in social media, am YORUBA, I have two Igbo as a neighbour one as good friend, we normally do good things together.
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by reddingtonblack: 8:11am On Jan 13, 2023
ibkayee:
Aboki isn’t inherently an insult but it is often used in a derogatory context to refer to northerners and he was clearly using it in this context

aunty calm down, obedient are just being cunning, pretending not to see the"stupid" part.

How do you intend to justify "stupid abokis," in a compliment context.

Seems all obedience no see the "STUPID" part, i will help out cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hammerT: 8:11am On Jan 13, 2023
BlackyOne:

THE WORD ABOKI IS NEITHER A TRIBE OR A PEOPLE.

IT IS A PHRASE AND AT BEST A SLANG USED GENERALLY ACROSS NIGERIA FOR VARIOUS PURPOSE.

IT CAN BE USED FOR SALUTATION AND INCLUDED IN AN INSULT TOO.

ANYHOW, U ARE SPEAKING PIGIN ENGLISH, U GO HEAR ABOKI.
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Nobodysboo(m): 8:12am On Jan 13, 2023
Hmm
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by bluefilm: 8:12am On Jan 13, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Aboki is not insult

You're right.

Calling someone aboki is not an insult because aboki means friend.

But the problem is that in certain cases, calling someone aboki has some derogatory innuendos attached to it.

2 Likes

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by Ezeego1(m): 8:12am On Jan 13, 2023
BlackyOne:

Don't mind those brain dead idiots

2 Likes

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by ibkayee(f): 8:14am On Jan 13, 2023
reddingtonblack:

aunty calm down, obedient are just being cunning, pretending not to see the"stupid" part.

How do you intend to justify "stupid abokis," in a compliment context.

Seems all obedience no see the "STUPID" part, i will help out cheesy
I think we’re saying the same thing about the use of the word.

To be honest, even if the ‘stupid’ wasn’t there it would still be an insult, everyone knows that ‘aboki’ is often used derogatorily by southerners to refer to northerners, anyone denying this is being disingenuous

1 Like

Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:14am On Jan 13, 2023
OGIBRA:
Imagine someone saying, Using idiots and stupid aboki in a statement isnt an insult? No wonder they call them zombiedents...
you're very stupidd, where was this energy when Brymo insulted Igbo's? Keep being selective empty skulled urchin.
Re: "This Stupid Abokis" Peter Of Psquare Gets Called Out For Insulting A Tribe by hammerT: 8:15am On Jan 13, 2023
OGIBRA:
Imagine someone saying, Using idiots and stupid aboki in a statement isnt an insult? No wonder they call them zombiedents...

SIMPLE TRANSLATION INTO ENGLISH PROVE IT IS NOT INSULTING ANY TRIBE.

STUPID ABOKI = STUPID FRIEND.

ABOKI IS A GENERAL USAGE WORD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Patience Ozokwor And Sunday Omobolanle 'Pappy Luwe' Pictured Together / Burna Boy Pounding Fufu With A Woman In The Street (Video) / Wizkid And His Baby Mama At Jada’s Birthday Dinner (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.