Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood (2125 Views)

Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael / Isaac Or Ishmael: Who Did God Command Abraham To Offer As A Sacrifice? / Ques: Who Is The God Of Ishmael? Ans: The God Of Abraham, Isaac, And Jacob (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by TenQ: 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
Happy new year to my Muslim friends. This is my first post this year and I just want to ask a question.

The firstborn of Abraham is Ismail, however according to Allah in Qur'an29:27, the Prophethood and scriptures bypassed him to Isaac and his descendants alone.

Qur'an29:27
And We gave to Him Isaac and Jacob and placed in his descendants prophethood and scripture. And We gave him his reward in this world, and indeed, he is in the Hereafter among the righteous.

1. How is it that from the seed of Ismail no prophet nor scriptures is ordained?
2. Is there any Quranic verse that shows that the Prophethood and scriptures is also for the children of Ismael?

Cc:
All my Friends on Nairaland:

LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, Haekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, thatsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana Compton11 , Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo saintHot
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by haekymbahd(m): 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
[quote author=TenQ post=120020890]Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala said:

"And mention in the Book, Ishmael. Indeed, he was true to his promise, and he was a messenger and a prophet."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 54)

"And he used to enjoin on his people prayer and zakah and was to his Lord pleasing."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 55)

Genesis 17:20
New International Version
And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.

Where is the great nation God made out of Ishmael or did he lie?
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by TenQ: 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2023
haekymbahd:

Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala said:

"And mention in the Book, Ishmael. Indeed, he was true to his promise, and he was a messenger and a prophet."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 54)

"And he used to enjoin on his people prayer and zakah and was to his Lord pleasing."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 55)

And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.

Thank you for your attempt.

Qur'an 19:54
And make mention in the Scripture of Ishmael. Lo! he was a keeper of his promise, and he was a messenger (of Allah), a prophet.

Qur'an 19:54 Says
1. Ishmael was a prophet
2. Ishmael was a messenger

Unfortunately, the questions were:
1. How is it that from the seed of Ismail no prophet nor scriptures is ordained?
2. Is there any Quranic verse that shows that the Prophethood and scriptures is also for the children of Ismael
?

The questions were about the Children/Seed of Ishmael not about Ishmael himself.

Genesis 17:20 has nothing to do with Prophethood but of increase in population and prosperity (blessing) of the descendants of Ishmael.

Are you saying that Prophethood is inherited?

THE QUESTIONS AGAIN:
The firstborn of Abraham is Ismail, however according to Allah in Qur'an29:27, the Prophethood and scriptures bypassed him to Isaac and his descendants alone.

And We gave to Him Isaac and Jacob and placed in his descendants prophethood and scripture. And We gave him his reward in this world, and indeed, he is in the Hereafter among the righteous.

2. Is there any Quranic verse that shows that the Prophethood and scriptures is also for the children of Ismael?
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
haekymbahd:

Ishmael as a great nation is not same as Ishmael as a prophet though. Esau is an example of another who became a nation, although a weak one, Edom.. undecided
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by TenQ: 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
Thank you Maximus for this!
MaxInDHouse:

God made all the eight Abraham's sons great nations:

Ishmael
Isaac
Zimran
Jokshan
Medan
Midi·an
Ishbak
Shuah. Genesis 25:1-2

The reason why God called Abraham out from among his people was to establish pure worship through Abraham's lineage {Genesis 12:1-3} so when Abraham had Ishmael in his oldage he concluded that God's promise will be fulfilled through Ishmael but God told him that Ishmael will be great because he is also a son born to Abraham but the covenant will not be established through another woman's son rather it's going to be the one born by Sarah!

Then God said to Abraham: “As for your wife Sarʹai, you must not call her Sarʹai, because Sarah will become her name. I will bless her and also give you a son by her; I will bless her and she will become nations; kings of peoples will come from her.” At this Abraham fell facedown and began to laugh and to say in his heart: “Will a man 100 years old have a child born to him, and will Sarah, a woman 90 years old, give birth?” So Abraham said to the true God: “O that Ishʹma·el might live before you!” To this God said: Your wife Sarah will definitely bear you a son, and you must name him Isaac. And I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant to his offspring after him. But as regards Ishʹma·el, I have heard you. Look! I will bless him and will make him fruitful and will multiply him very, very much. He will produce 12 chieftains, and I will make him become a great nation. However, I will establish my covenant with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this appointed time next year.” Genesis 17:15-21

Note God's words in the highlighted green and how Abraham doubted in highlighted brown then also how Abraham tried to change God's promise from Sarah's son to Ishmael but God insisted that the covenant will be established with the Son that Sarah will born for Abraham!

That's why no prophet of God was mentioned in any other nation except among Israelites.

Thanks, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Over to you haekymbahd.
Can you respond to the scripture presented by Maximus?

Then God said to Abraham: “As for your wife Sarʹai, you must not call her Sarʹai, because Sarah will become her name. I will bless her and also give you a son by her; I will bless her and she will become nations; kings of peoples will come from her.” At this Abraham fell facedown and began to laugh and to say in his heart: “Will a man 100 years old have a child born to him, and will Sarah, a woman 90 years old, give birth?” So Abraham said to the true God: “O that Ishʹma·el might live before you!” To this God said: Your wife Sarah will definitely bear you a son, and you must name him Isaac. And I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant to his offspring after him. But as regards Ishʹma·el, I have heard you. Look! I will bless him and will make him fruitful and will multiply him very, very much. He will produce 12 chieftains, and I will make him become a great nation. However, I will establish my covenant with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this appointed time next year.” Genesis 17:15-21

Note God's words in the highlighted green and how Abraham doubted in highlighted brown then also how Abraham tried to change God's promise from Sarah's son to Ishmael but God insisted that the covenant will be established with the Son that Sarah will born for Abraham!

Does this not confirm that God deliberately excluded Ishmael and his descendants from Prophethood?
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by TenQ: 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES really dealt with me when i was trying to argue back then as a Muslim so if i'm to discuss with a Muslim all i need to do is calmly present what God said before the establishment of pure worship and prophethood! smiley

Unfortunately, Muslims have convinced themselves that both the Torah and the Injeel are corrupted.

Islamic literatures are even enough to expose the deception within Islam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by orisa37: 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
PROPHETS ARE ANOINTED FOR SOME SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES. ISHMAEL WAS ANOINTED FOR ARABUNITY.

From ORUNTO27.
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by TenQ: 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Well it's not about corruption the secret of this matter is that the first four world powers (Egypt, Iran, Iraq and Russia) are trying to form alliance against the Western world so they are using religion to recruit fighters but then Saudi Arabia where the religion actually sprout from is playing diplomacy because Saudi Arabia was never one of them.

So even in their midst there is division because they're still quarrelling among themselves on what happened back then when Russia (Persia) sacked Iraq (Babylon)

I only pity anyone thinking this is about God because Islam has nothing to do with the God of Abraham it was all a fabrication of a selfish man who wanted to impose himself on his people as a prophet of God but was killed in the process and his disciples who were generals at war fought bitterly among themselves to succeed him.
They only agreed on five things the man did in his lifetime but as for their doctrines there is lots and lots of contradictions! undecided

I agree with you.
We can only pray for them that by the mercies of God that the shackles of Islam will break from millions as we preach salvation through Christ to them.

I honestly feel sorry for them.
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by TenQ: 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
Only one Muslim had been BOLD enough to attempt answering this question.
You will note that this is a simple question!
Why is the Question so difficult to answer?

Cc:
All my Friends on Nairaland:
LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, Haekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, thatsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana Compton11 , Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo saintHot
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 9:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ishmael as a great nation is not same as Ishmael as a prophet though. Esau is an example of another who became a nation, although a weak one, Edom.. undecided

Roaming Ogbanje, I guess you missed where he clearly quotes from the Quran where it was said Ishmael was a Prophet of Allah?

You saw it but the Demon of hatred and bigotry made you gloss over it and spew the agelong tripe you have been fed with.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■Roaming Ogbanje, I guess you missed where he clearly quotes from the Quran where it was said Ishmael was a Prophet of Allah?
■You saw it but the Demon of hatred and bigotry made you gloss over it and spew the agelong tripe you have been fed with.
1. The claim in your Quran is in no way confirmed by that written of the same man in the Bible though where God instead said He would make a great nation of Ishmael. undecided

2. Hatred? bigotry? Making clear the fact that what is claimed is not confirmed by that written in scripture means I speak from hate and bigotry? Na wa oo! undecided
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

God made all the eight Abraham's sons great nations:

Ishmael
Isaac
Zimran
Jokshan
Medan
Midi·an
Ishbak
Shuah. Genesis 25:1-2

The reason why God called Abraham out from among his people was to establish pure worship through Abraham's lineage {Genesis 12:1-3} so when Abraham had Ishmael in his oldage he concluded that God's promise will be fulfilled through Ishmael but God told him that Ishmael will be great because he is also a son born to Abraham but the covenant will not be established through another woman's son rather it's going to be the one born by Sarah!

That's why no prophet of God was mentioned in any other nation except among Israelites.

Thanks, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Nairaland Resident Babbler, you are only repeating the Jewish lies.

Jonah and Job were not Jewish but your Bible have them as Prophets. Or your elders told you they were Israelites too?

Keep repeating that old Jewish lies o, each passing day brings you closer to meeting your Lord and you will give account.

As for Ishmael, he was a Prophet of God and after him no other Prophet came from his lineage until Prophet Muhammad that why Isaiah made mention of it that the Barren will have more than the married wife in reference to the Jewish Nation and Arab Nation in terms of followership and adherents.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The claim in your Quran is in no way confirmed by that written of the same man in the Bible though where God instead said He would make a great nation of Ishmael. undecided

2. Hatred? bigotry? Making clear the fact that what is claimed is not confirmed by that written in scripture means I speak from hate and bigotry? Na wa oo! undecided

You are a waste of time. One can write tomes on the number of abuses people on Nairaland hurl your way.

So, I will let it pass.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:
You are a waste of time. One can write tomes on the number of abuses people on Nairaland hurl your way. So, I will let it pass.
So, do you actually think that these attacks against me make valid your stance or what? undecided
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
[quote author=TenQ post=120026015]

Thank you for your attempt.

Qur'an 19:54
And make mention in the Scripture of Ishmael. Lo! he was a keeper of his promise, and he was a messenger (of Allah), a prophet.

Qur'an 19:54 Says
1. Ishmael was a prophet
2. Ishmael was a messenger

Unfortunately, the questions were:
2. Is there any Quranic verse that shows that the Prophethood and scriptures is also for the children of Ismael
?

The questions were about the Children/Seed of Ishmael not about Ishmael himself.

Genesis 17:20 has nothing to do with Prophethood but of increase in population and prosperity (blessing) of the descendants of Ishmael.

Are you saying that Prophethood is inherited?

THE QUESTIONS AGAIN:

Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, do you actually think that these attacks against me make valid your stance or what? undecided

I did not attack you. I am only stating an observation.
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
TenQ:

Over to you haekymbahd.

Does this not confirm that God deliberately excluded Ishmael and his descendants from Prophethood?

After Ishmael no other Prophet/s appear in his lineage until the Mission of Prophet Muhammad.

And if you read the Quran and understand what you read, it clearly states that the Jewish Branch of Abraham House were favoured more in terms of having a truckload of Prophets to also call them back from their erring ways.

This point was also state in one of Isaiah's prophecy that the "Barren" will have more in terms of adherents than the married. The "barren" here are the Arabs who were not blessed with many prophets unlike the Jewish branch and it should be noted that despite all the prophets sent their ways, they are still missing the way of God.

Reprobate coins!

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Well it's not about corruption the secret of this matter is that the first four world powers (Egypt, Iran, Iraq and Russia) are trying to form alliance against the Western world so they are using religion to recruit fighters but then Saudi Arabia where the religion actually sprout from is playing diplomacy because Saudi Arabia was never one of them.

So even in their midst there is division because they're still quarrelling among themselves on what happened back then when Russia (Persia) sacked Iraq (Babylon)

I only pity anyone thinking this is about God because Islam has nothing to do with the God of Abraham it was all a fabrication of a selfish man who wanted to impose himself on his people as a prophet of God but was killed in the process and his disciples who were generals at war fought bitterly among themselves to succeed him.
They only agreed on five things the man did in his lifetime but as for their doctrines there is lots and lots of contradictions! undecided

Babbler Russia was not and never Persia!

What kind of hold do your elders have on you with the tripe you are spewing all over the Internet?

Haha,

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■After Ishmael no other Prophet/s appear in his lineage until the Mission of Prophet Muhammad. And if you read the Quran and understand what you read, it clearly states that the Jewish Branch of Abraham House were favoured more in terms of having a truckload of Prophets to also call them back from their erring ways.
■This point was also state in one of Isaiah's prophecy that the "Barren" will have more in terms of adherents than the married. The "barren" here are the Arabs who were not blessed with many prophets unlike the Jewish branch and it should be noted that despite all the prophets sent their ways, they are still missing the way of God. Reprobate coins!
1. In Scripture, Ishmael was never described as a prophet, meaning that this prophet connection claimed in the Quran has no connection to scripture. So, this isn't a question of whether a branch was favored more in terms of having truckloads of prophets but instead that God never promised prophets out of Ishmael and any of his descendants. undecided

2. What is written in Isaiah 54 of the barren woman rings nothing of what you claim here.
1. “Woman, be happy! You have not had any children, but you should be very happy. “Yes, the woman who is alone will have more children than the woman with a husband.”
This is what the Lord says.
2 “Make your tent bigger. Open your doors wide. Don’t think small! Make your tent large and strong,
3 because you will grow in all directions. Your children will take over many nations and live in the cities that were destroyed.
4 Don’t be afraid! You will not be disappointed. People will not say bad things against you. You will not be embarrassed. When you were young, you felt shame. But you will forget that shame now. You will not remember the shame you felt when you lost your husband.
5 Your real husband is the one who made you. His name is the Lord All-Powerful. The Holy One of Israel is your Protector, and he is the God of all the earth!
6 “Like a woman whose husband has left her, you were very sad.You were like a young wife left all alone. But the Lord has called you back to him.” This is what your God says.
7 “For a short time I turned away from you, but with all my love I will welcome you again.
8 I was so angry that for a while I did not want to see you. But now I want to comfort you with kindness forever.” The Lord your Savior said this.
9 “Remember, in Noah’s time I punished the world with the flood. But I made a promise to Noah that I would never again destroy the world with water. In the same way, I promise that I will never again be angry with you and say bad things to you.
10 “The mountains may disappear, and the hills may become dust, but my faithful love will never leave you. I will make peace with you, and it will never end.” The Lord who loves you said this.
11 “You poor city! Enemies came against you like storms, and no one comforted you. But I will rebuild you. I will use a beautiful mortar to lay the stones of your walls. I will use sapphire stones when I lay the foundation.
12 The stones on top of the wall will be made from rubies. I will use shiny jewels for the gates. I will use precious stones to build the walls around you.
13 I, the Lord, will teach your children, and they will have real peace.
14 You will be built on goodness. You will be safe from cruelty and fear. So you will have nothing to fear. Nothing will come to hurt you.
15 I will never send anyone to attack you. And if any army tries to attack you, you will defeat them.
- Isaiah 54 vs 1 - 15
The above passage is no reference to the story of Sarah and Hagai, nor of men having for themselves adherents as you claim. And it is definitely not an ode to the Arabs. Instead, this is about God's Israel, Jerusalem to be exact. . undecided
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
TenQ:

Over to you haekymbahd.

Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.
-- Isaiah 54:1
KJV Holy Bible

The Barren is the Ishmael branch of Abraham house.

In Isaac, the Bible regaled us with the numerous prophets from his Line, in Esau, we read about Jonah and Job.

From the Line of Abraham other wife Keturah, we read about Jethro, Median but Ishmael was the only prophet in his line until the mission of Prophet Muhammad as such in prose, Isaiah correctly labeled it "Barren" whose time will come to bear.

Read from Isaiah 50 thru 60 the recurring theme is that of a New Prophet from the villages of Kedar.
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. In Scripture, Ishmael was never described as a prophet, meaning that this prophet connection claimed in the Quran has no connection to scripture. So, this isn't a question of whether a branch was favored more in terms of having truckloads of prophets but instead that God never promised prophets out of Ishmael and any of his descendants. undecided

2. What is written in Isaiah 54 of the barren woman rings nothing of what you claim here.
The above passage has nothing to do with the story of Sarah and Hagai, nor of men having for themselves adherents as you claim. Instead, this is about God's Israel. . undecided

If you lack comprehension, you shouldn't lack small amount of thinking.

Now take that Isaiah, find a good history book of the Jews and the Arabs, then compare who among the two fulfilled what Isaiah prophesized.

Sebi you can read?
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■If you lack comprehension, you shouldn't lack small amount of thinking.
■Now take that Isaiah, find a good history book of the Jews and the Arabs, then compare who among the two fulfilled what Isaiah prophesized.
Sebi you can read?
1. You shouldn't be talking at all! undecided

2. What you stated here makes no sense. Isaiah was commissioned by God as a prophet of Israel to the Israelites meaning His message pertained only to Israel. Why would anyone think to compare the history of the Israelites to that of the Russians, or even south America, in order to determine which of the two fulfilled the message prophesized by Isaiah regarding Israel? Are you high? undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You shouldn't be talking at all! undecided

2. What you stated here makes no sense. If Isaiah was a prophet to the Israelites meaning His message pertained only to Israel, why would anyone think to compare the history of the Israelites to that of the Russians in order to determine which of the two fulfilled that prophesized by Isaiah regarding Israel? Are you high? undecided

I know thinking is alien to you. So, try and reason this out for a change.

It is true that Isaiah is an Israelite prophet, generally talking to the reprobates and stiff-necked Israelites, why then was he mentioning Ishmalites names, Town/Villages?

Isaiah in his prophesy mentioned KEDAR, TEMAN, NEBIOTHS, MIDIAN and there Dwellers many times and we all know Israelites were not dwellers nor was Jehovah willed these Lands to Israelites, so why was he mentioning them? Is it not to point the Jewish reprobates to what will happen in those places in the future?

Dey there they play and bringing out concoction you read in your Bible concordance whose primary aim is to drag you down with them. Dey there dey play o
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■I know thinking is alien to you. So, try and reason this out for a change.
■It is true that Isaiah is an Israelite prophet, generally talking to the reprobates and stiff-necked Israelites, why then was he mentioning Ishmalites names, Town/Villages? Isaiah in his prophesy mentioned KEDAR, TEMAN, NEBIOTHS, MIDIAN and there Dwellers many times and we all know Israelites were not dwellers nor was Jehovah willed these Lands to Israelites, so why was he mentioning them? Is it not to point the Jewish reprobates to what will happen in those places in the future?
■Dey there they play and bringing out concoction you read in your Bible concordance whose primary aim is to drag you down with them. Dey there dey play o
1. Again, attacking my person will not change the facts as written in scripture. undecided

2. The mentions you speak of specifically state that animals will be sourced from those villages and nations in order to supply the need of the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan. Those texts pretty much explain the reason for the mentions and they in no way confirm any of what you continue to assert here. Also mentioned in other prophecies were the Babylonians, Greeks, Egyptians, etc. Are we to also assume that meant God made prophets of them? undecided

3. You don't need a concordance or any other delusion other to understand what is clearly stated in most of the chapters of scripture which you continue to twist in your many attempts to claim Arabian relevance to the God of Israel. undecided
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Again, attacking my person will not change the facts as written in scripture. undecided

2. The mentions you speak of specifically state that animals will be sourced from those villages and nations in order to supply the need of the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan. Those texts pretty much explain the reason for the mentions and they in no way confirm any of what you continue to assert here. Also mentioned in other prophecies were the Babylonians, Greeks, Egyptians, etc. Are we to also assume that meant God made prophets of them? undecided

3. You don't need a concordance or any other delusion other to understand what is clearly stated in most of the chapters of scripture which you continue to twist in your many attempts to claim Arabian relevance to the God of Israel. undecided

I said it earlier, and I will repeat, you are a waste of time.

Blind, dumb and deaf.

The God of Israel was the one that chosed Ishmael name, the God of Israel was the one that said he will bless him, it was that same God that promised Ishmael father that his descendants will occupy the Lands between Euphrates and Nile. So, you can live in denial, the reality stares you in the face of the fufilment of what your God of Israel promised unless you are insinuating that the God of Israel lied or was just mouthing off.
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■I said it earlier, and I will repeat, you are a waste of time.Blind, dumb and deaf.
■The God of Israel was the one that chosed Ishmael name, the God of Israel was the one that said he will bless him, it was that same God that promised Ishmael father that his descendants will occupy the Lands between Euphrates and Nile.
■ So, you can live in denial, the reality stares you in the face of the fufilment of what your God of Israel promised unless you are insinuating that the God of Israel lied or was just mouthing off.
1. You keep throwing tantrums because your attempts at twisting that which is clearly presented in scripture don't seem to be working. LOL.

2. There is no evidence for this claim of yours that God of Israel chose Ishmael since God of Israel implies God of Israel choose the line of Isaac-Israel instead. As for blessings, God of Israel also blessed Esau(Edom) and we all know how that all panned out. Esau was never a prophet nor was any of his descendants. I understand you desperately want for him to have been a great man to the God of Israel but the truth is his claim to glory is that he was the first son of Abraham and that was pretty much it as far as scripture is concerned. undecided

3. I am not the one living in denial here, I am afraid. You keep repeating His Name which is the major clue to helping you realize your delusion but somehow it keeps going over your head. undecided
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by TenQ: 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.
-- Isaiah 54:1
KJV Holy Bible

The Barren is the Ishmael branch of Abraham house.

In Isaac, the Bible regaled us with the numerous prophets from his Line, in Esau, we read about Jonah and Job.

From the Line of Abraham other wife Keturah, we read about Jethro, Median but Ishmael was the only prophet in his line until the mission of Prophet Muhammad as such in prose, Isaiah correctly labeled it "Barren" whose time will come to bear.

Read from Isaiah 50 thru 60 the recurring theme is that of a New Prophet from the villages of Kedar.
I guess you didn't read the questions at all.

FYI:
The Jews and Christians do not regard Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Ishmael as Prophets or Messangers of God. They are called Partriachs!

Therefore the scripture you quoted in Isaiah is meaningless with respect to Prophethood.
The only promise of God to Abraham with respect to Ishmael is that he will also be blessed to be a great nation.

Why did Allah skip Ishmael from Prophethood even though he is the firstborn of Abraham?
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by TenQ: 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:

After Ishmael no other Prophet/s appear in his lineage until the Mission of Prophet Muhammad.

And if you read the Quran and understand what you read, it clearly states that the Jewish Branch of Abraham House were favoured more in terms of having a truckload of Prophets to also call them back from their erring ways.

This point was also state in one of Isaiah's prophecy that the "Barren" will have more in terms of adherents than the married. The "barren" here are the Arabs who were not blessed with many prophets unlike the Jewish branch and it should be noted that despite all the prophets sent their ways, they are still missing the way of God.

Reprobate coins!
Are you saying that Allah made a mistake in Qur'an29:27?

If the Prophethood was also ordained for Ishmael's descendants, why would Allah EXCLUDE the name of Ishmael?

Is there no verse in the Qur'an where Allah designated the descendants of Ismail as Prophets?
Re: Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood by Lukuluku69(m): 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You keep throwing tantrums because your attempts at twisting that which is clearly presented in scripture don't seem to be working. LOL.

2. There is no evidence for this claim of yours that God of Israel chose Ishmael since God of Israel implies God of Israel choose the line of Isaac-Israel instead. As for blessings, God of Israel also blessed Esau(Edom) and we all know how that all panned out. Esau was never a prophet nor was any of his descendants. I understand you desperately want for him to have been a great man to the God of Israel but the truth is his claim to glory is that he was the first son of Abraham and that was pretty much it as far as scripture is concerned. undecided

3. I am not the one living in denial here, I am afraid. You keep repeating His Name which is the major clue to helping you realize your delusion but somehow it keeps going over your head. undecided

God of Israel chose Ishmael name. Read your Bible you will find it in Genesis

God of Israel bless Esau and to you Mammon worshipers, blessing only entails material things. The blessing of Esau is manifested in Jonah and Job for they were prophets.

Keep living in denial for if you are not spiritually jaundiced it is not too hard to see that blessing on the Arabs and by extension the Muslims.

You once claimed that it is the ANIMALS that your Messiah will feed on will come from Arabia and I asked you then, that of all Animals that your Jewish overlord will require only the Arab breeds will be good enough for him? Abi? Dey play o.

‌Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.
‌Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.
‌Let them give glory unto the Lord, and declare his praise in the islands.
‌The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.
‌I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

‌-- Isaiah 42:10-14
‌KJV Holy Bible https://bibliacomigo.page/fkaXzSMgjgzPnRTj6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023. Armageddon. Fall Of USA. Emergence Of The Messiah / Sexual Relationship With Love: Is It A Sin? / With God On Our Side: God-inspired Violence - The Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.