Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? (27376 Views)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / Nigerian Man Celebrates Sallah With His Three Wives And 19 Children (photos) / I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by ednut1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
pay back time. Many women stay because of the kids. Kids are now grown up them go bone you.

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Luckysbab: 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
Cos they despised Polygamy, that would have insulated them from such situation

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by EriMma1: 10:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
Ohoo o

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by vickydevoka(m): 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2023
ejimatic:
It has been observed that many more crises are taking place in families nowadays. One of them is our focus here.

Many wives and children now abandon their husbands after the men retire. Some turn children against their fathers while some wives plan to kill their husbands so as to inherit their husband properties.

Why is it that wives want their husbands dead so as to inherit them? Why is it that when husbands are sicks WIves always try to know what is in the wills of their husbands? Why do wives abandon their husbands at the old age and pack to another apartment? Why do wives want to be in control of their husbands at the old age! Why do families crack when the old age is about to set in .

A man was abandoned by his wives and children so much so that he was crying for help in his apartment. When thean died the children slaughtered cows and painted the house.What do you think about this development? What is happening in the families now?
That’s why as a man invest in yourself. Especially our generation. Just build houses na you go abandon your children

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by vickydevoka(m): 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2023
yomi007k:

For kids to abandon fathers is unfair but very common.
I was telling one dude the same thing but he just kept arguing blindly.
The will abandon him to

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by riverbird: 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2023
ejimatic:
It has been observed that many more crises are taking place in families nowadays. One of them is our focus here.

Many wives and children now abandon their husbands after the men retire. Some turn children against their fathers while some wives plan to kill their husbands so as to inherit their husband properties.

Why is it that wives want their husbands dead so as to inherit them? Why is it that when husbands are sicks WIves always try to know what is in the wills of their husbands? Why do wives abandon their husbands at the old age and pack to another apartment? Why do wives want to be in control of their husbands at the old age! Why do families crack when the old age is about to set in .

A man was abandoned by his wives and children so much so that he was crying for help in his apartment. When thean died the children slaughtered cows and painted the house.What do you think about this development? What is happening in the families now?

Everyday I wish my dad was still alive to enjoy his children cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by vince96w2(m): 10:07pm On Jan 23, 2023
Choilila:
Because Men abandoned women during their youthful days chasing girls in the name of sidechicks.
So it's the responsibility of the chicks to look after the Men when their old age rocks.
this is a general statement..It's not so most of the time

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by vince96w2(m): 10:07pm On Jan 23, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Unreasonable response.
very

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Cutehector(m): 10:07pm On Jan 23, 2023
My father will never be abandoned.

Any lady that tries to prevent me from supporting my dad financially will be shown the exit! I mean it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Tallesty1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 23, 2023
all4zionlover:
I'm sure if the man was a good husband and father to his children, they will not abandon him in old age.
Sow love, care and kindness now that you're a young husband and father.
You're not sure of anything.

The reason some fathers are abandoned in old age is because they married incredibly manipulative women

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by TheMostComplex1: 10:09pm On Jan 23, 2023
Choilila:
Because Men abandoned women during their youthful days chasing girls in the name of sidechicks.
So it's the responsibility of the chicks to look after the Men when their old age rocks.

Yes you can't eat your cake and have it

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by makavalley(m): 10:09pm On Jan 23, 2023
Some of the Men in this category not all though didn't take care of their children and wife they were busy chasing younger girls and spending their money outside...they could spend money outside buying drinks and donating money , people outside call them good men meanwhile hunger is dealing with the wife and children at home so by the time this money crew wings and fly , old age knocks and it's time for a pay back the children and their mother will abandon the wicked old fool because they never benefitted from the so called father when had the resources to caterer for them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by vince96w2(m): 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2023
onumadu:

This is not always true. At all.
In fact I've seen quite a few cases where this happened and the men involved where EXCELLENT fathers and husbands.
The problem is natural.
Monogamy has a reductionist demand on men that is impossible to meet. A women for example would want to avenge the fact that her husband looked at another woman 30 yrs ago! It is not that the man looked at another woman. It is that she is looking for a pretext to abandon him in old age!
A man gets married and at first controls 90% love and admiration. But as he ages, and he keeps investing in his wife and kids, he gradually drains himself of that love and admiration because he empowers them while he dis-empowers himself.
Over time, he would be lucky if he controlled 10% love and admiration.
How does love and admiration come about? Through MATERIAL THINGS: money, properties, etc.
Once he depletes all that and the kids grow up, the wife becomes "free" of the kids, and since he is sexually emptied as well for his wife, he loses everything and gets abandoned.
Life is NOT sentimental.
That is why a smart man must plan ahead and keep his materials very close to himself until his old age.
With those materials firmly under his control, he would retain love and admiration whether his wife and kids like him or not, or else ... grin cool
you don't need to use chess bro..Just pray u make money..once you notice all these , pay people to take care of u or marry another person and give her everything once u die

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by TheMostComplex1: 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2023
vickydevoka:

That’s why as a man invest in yourself. Especially our generation. Just build houses na you go abandon your children

Your last statement wicked man lol
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by ogawisdom(m): 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2023
The most important thing is to make sure you have money to cater for yourself at old age.

Money answereth everything

Abroad, care jobs are popular because of the needs at old age.

Life has no guarantees, it's unthinkable to plan ones retirement around your kids. Children are not retirement benefits.

Broke and old can finish anyone

20 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by vince96w2(m): 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2023
Saintmary:

Them never see anything
when men were chasing the women as young girls una no know abi?Guys go they hustle una go reject am for rich men..when them dump una and him don make am, una go use him picture go Shiloh..Deceive am with love and wife material stuff .him marry una come say make him no enjoy wetin u enjoy? Baba na lie oo..I will be rich and if I notice my wife and kids doing that I will go and marry another and will everything to her

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by muniralmaigida: 10:14pm On Jan 23, 2023
If the man in question didn't train his kids in school and try to make them successful. He shouldn't expect anything from them. Even dogs don't forget who catered for them . This days most women are there for the kids, while the men go whoring endlessly !
ejimatic:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by vince96w2(m): 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2023
LadyRosa:

Very reasonable response.
Don't expect your children to cling to you when you are old ,esp when you didn’t cling to them in your prime.
whether I cling or not, they will go and get their families and u will hardly see them and ur wife will go for omuguo... Solution make money and pay for service when ur old..no send anybody

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by vince96w2(m): 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
all4zionlover:
Young men need to understand some certain things in life.
Because you're strong, healthy now , does not mean you're going to be that way forever.
Love your wife, let her know you do. Show your children you love them and their mother. Especially male children.

Otherwise, you will suffer when all your strength and your cheating skills are gone.

Your children are watching.

All those attitude you display when your wife is pregnant, in labour, child birth and critical moments, she can never forget them.
so na only men they cheat abi? Well done...And no only men they missbehave

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by pikechukwu6(m): 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
I repeat, no marry all these young genders... marry someone you will get old together. cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Alawode01(m): 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2023
This occurrence is very rampant and now it takes another dimension, it doesn't matter either monogam or polygamy, and in my own observation about it is unless man rich enough to the end this thing might not happen so but if not once a woman see their children grow up, they will totally quit the man side.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by gaby(m): 10:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
YeeboMuslim:
Same way a certain Gaby has been abandoned by his folks. He was a good for nothing loser in his prime . Always drinking and falling everywhere . He even suffered a brain injury following one of those falls .
Why should a calamity like that be taken care of in his old age
He has resorted to expressing his frustration on nairaland. grin grin
May anyone here never end up like gaby grin grin

Hahaha...

I told you I would teach you the lesson the two idiots who had no business with copulation failed to teach you at home on here and I am happy you are gradually learning some lessons.

Next time, when they top up data for you to come online for your daily hustle, you'd know how to do your job without insulting your father and mother online.

Useless pikin wey witch born for armed robber.

Woe betide you urchin with a shit-filled cranium.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by armanipumping(m): 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Abuse and unhealthy mental states, are part of the reasons wives and children abandon their husbands and fathers at old age.

Totally outrageous and feeble

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Lumidee007(m): 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2023
ejimatic:

My own no reach old age, as money no dey,she run leave me. cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by otipoju(m): 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2023
onumadu:

This is not always true. At all.
In fact I've seen quite a few cases where this happened and the men involved where EXCELLENT fathers and husbands.
The problem is natural.
Monogamy has a reductionist demand on men that is impossible to meet. A women for example would want to avenge the fact that her husband looked at another woman 30 yrs ago! It is not that the man looked at another woman. It is that she is looking for a pretext to abandon him in old age!
A man gets married and at first controls 90% love and admiration. But as he ages, and he keeps investing in his wife and kids, he gradually drains himself of that love and admiration because he empowers them while he dis-empowers himself.
Over time, he would be lucky if he controlled 10% love and admiration.
How does love and admiration come about? Through MATERIAL THINGS: money, properties, etc.
Once he depletes all that and the kids grow up, the wife becomes "free" of the kids, and since he is sexually emptied as well for his wife, he loses everything and gets abandoned.
Life is NOT sentimental.
That is why a smart man must plan ahead and keep his materials very close to himself until his old age.
With those materials firmly under his control, he would retain love and admiration whether his wife and kids like him or not, or else ... grin cool

This is the reality of life. Once I raise my kids to a certain age that they are independent of me apart from finances. Na to dey enjoy my life anyhow I deem fit.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by od501: 10:28pm On Jan 23, 2023
onumadu:
It is happening because it is the natural course of things in life, and there are bio-social reasons for it.
If there is any FIRM strike against monogamy, this is it.
In my ancestral Igboland, a man married as he aged.
Example, at 20 year old, he married his first wife who may be 15/16 yrs old.
At his 30 birthday, he married another woman... and so on until he gets to about 60-70 yrs old when he married a woman that (in Igbo language we say) "ga ene ya nka" (that would take care of him in old age). Go and see in the Bible where king David did exactly the same thing.
But today, clueless men herd other clueless men into a clueless marriage system that is almost anti-men, only to get discarded and abused in their old age.
This is why I keep advocating for a return to the ancestral Igbo marriage system by the Igbo.
Euro-monogamy comes with things you cannot handle.
When my beloved uncle died alone after raising children but was abandoned in old age, the handwriting on the wall became bright red for us his male relatives.
Argue with yourself if you like! cool

You must be 168 year old sir. Your wisdom is out of the world.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by od501: 10:30pm On Jan 23, 2023
onumadu:
It is happening because it is the natural course of things in life, and there are bio-social reasons for it.
At his 30 birthday, he married another woman... and so on until he gets to about 60-70 yrs old when he married a woman that (in Igbo language we say) "ga ene ya nka" (that would take care of him in old age). Go and see in the Bible where king David did exactly the same thing.
But today, clueless men herd other clueless men into a clueless marriage system that is almost anti-men, only to get discarded and abused in their old age.
This is why I keep advocating for a return to the ancestral Igbo marriage system by the Igbo.
When my beloved uncle died alone after raising children but was abandoned in old age, the handwriting on the wall became bright red for us his male relatives.

You must be 168 year old sir. Your wisdom is out of the world .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by seanwilliam(m): 10:30pm On Jan 23, 2023
Godwin4444:
what u should know is that old age is payback time for women n children to men

That’s is when u will reap whatever u have done as a man in your youthful days, all those shits u did n walk away with it that’s when u will reap it n if u were a good man, that’s when to enjoy cos your sacrifices are I’ll b remembered n u will b compensated for that

This is fallacy of hasten conclusion . We will be here to judge you when you fall victim at your old age .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by sirblend: 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2023
Meandmycrew:
I would advise such men to marry a young girl while aging so she can atleast take care of him wen he is weak and unable to move around.

Only unhealthy individuals can't move around at old age...

My grand father could still drive a bicycle and car at 85 years of age. Mind you he was also a widower..

Old age does not mean one will be weak and unable to move around.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Chetas81(m): 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2023
THE ISSUE IS THAT WHY MARRIAGE IN NIGERIA IS THE FIRST PRIORITY WHICH CONTRIBUTE TO OVERPOPULATION THIS DAY ______ NOW PEOPLE SLEEP ON WALKWAY EVEN UNDER BRIDGE IN LOGOS
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by galantjoe(m): 10:37pm On Jan 23, 2023
onumadu:

I completely agreed with you. The worst part is when all his children will be staying out of town where he resides with his wife, and eventually his wife will join one of her daughter and stay there for ever. The man will be left alone at village, struggling how to cook, do kitchen things he didn't do in his youth.

African polygamy is the answer , where a man will marry on graduated basis. At least to have young kid and wife to take care of him at old age

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by phorget(m): 10:38pm On Jan 23, 2023
Hmmmmm!
This gat me speechless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oya Dab: See Grandma In Action / Some Ways To Make Yourself Happy / How My Husband Threw Our 6-month-old Baby And I Out - Lady (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.