Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? (27387 Views)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / Nigerian Man Celebrates Sallah With His Three Wives And 19 Children (photos) / I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2023
imagrg:
Take kong for head for talking out too loud. Even though you are saying the obvious, many of us would not like it this blunt.
So, shut up and don't let other women hear you say this.
All the same, clap for yourself because I see you leaving your husband at old age! cry

MRCORK, why would I leave my husband if he was faithful?.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
FuckTheMod:

Keep FOOLING

Only weak men and unfortunate men put themselves in such position.

Most of you women are extremely selfish,. Irrespective of whether the man is there for you...
Oh I have learnt another one. Only weak men and unfortunate men undergo aging right?.
😀😀😀.
Most Men are selfish, they wanna eat their cake and have it. A Faithful husband deserve a faithful wife.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2023
treatise:

You've watched too much of Zeb Ejiro"s movies and other Alaba market stuff
And Movies are based on life events.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Kaycee54321(m): 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Better tell your brothers the truth. If not, na them and black bingo with newspaper go dey house.😈😈😈

I pity the man wey you codedly reference for this yarn grin
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2023
blingxx:

You mean your dad .. stop tagging all men my dear wink
And why should this bother me even though you tag my grandfather?.
This picture shows the perfect example of what I said.
Builders, build up yourself to aviod embarrassments

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 3:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
mrcelebrity1:
You are one of the wicked being on the surface of the earth, why can’t the woman leaves and allow the man marry one of the side chicks if she feel abandoned by the man ? But wait till the man is aging to punish him because of his properties.
As yourself how many of the sidechicks are willing to live /stay with a Man when he's in a dust?
And why are the sidechicks following the man in the first place? Is it not because of his properties? And which man can be faithful to a sidechick that left his wife because of her?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Mindlog: 3:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Tunagee:

His wife must be mad, wicked and foolish for telling her daughter about it, she only wanted to bring hatred between father and daughter. Very wicked being!!!

Which hatred between them?....He deserves what the daughter served him because he is a demon to have even harbored the thought of killing his own child for ritual purposes.........such men are a danger around children. He does not have any business fathering a child.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by pocohantas(f): 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kaycee54321:

I pity the man wey you codedly reference for this yarn grin

You just have to pity him o. It was random sha, I never see black bingo before. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
maasoap:

How did you arrive at that silly conclusion when Op just said that they were together until old age set in? How and when did husbands abandon wives when they were living together until children become successful through the husbands efforts?
People betray whomever they want to betray no matter the period of time spent together.

And my answer wouldn't judge you if you have clean mind and stay faithful to your spouse till death.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
Lacash:
And the Birds of the same feathers been liking and sharing this nonsense comment…Awon Oluku 😁

So you expect a sensible woman to build/stay in with a man after seeing this as life experience?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Maysdevices(f): 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
Tunagee:

How you take know? Wetin u go find for hotel?
Na you sabi

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
Nnatuu:

But you collected his money those days? Why you no abandon him and his money then?

That's why I maintain that this gender na snakes...

They can wait for 40 years to strike...just watch out for them!

Yeah if you have no guilt no one will strike even after 100 years.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
Tunagee:

His wife must be mad, wicked and foolish for telling her daughter about it, she only wanted to bring hatred between father and daughter. Very wicked being!!!

True.
The couple was quite odd.
Too bad they had a child together.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by FuckTheMod: 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jeon:

Oh I have learnt another one. Only weak men and unfortunate men undergo aging right?.
😀😀😀.
Most Men are selfish, they wanna eat their cake and have it. A Faithful husband deserve a faithful wife.

Jeon!
Are you a boy or gay?
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Tallesty1(m): 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Better tell your brothers the truth. If not, na them and black bingo with newspaper go dey house.😈😈😈
When you can easily tell your sisters to stop using their kids to fight their husbands and to also let the kids know when the gifts and the money given to them are from their father. That is a good way to start
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by pocohantas(f): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
When you can easily tell your sisters to stop using their kids to fight their husbands and to also let the kids know when the gifts and the money given to them are from their father. That is a good way to start

Make the papa use im mouth tell them, because normally the assumption is always that money is from the father. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2023
FuckTheMod:
Jeon! Are you a boy or gay?
Anyone you want.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Killermamba: 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
Tunagee:

Sometimes being a dictator is might be healthy for the home, it puts the kids in order, except you want them to go wayward. I grew up with a very strict dad, though very caring and playful, but very strict. But i still appreciate him today, even after his death
See the formula your dad implied, strict, caring and playful. No matter how strict you may be kids understand why you change towards them, they know they have done wrong. My dad is like that and myself I am like that to my kids. But imagine you have a father that is strict, not caring, not playful, he drinks and womanize maybe sometimes hit your mom, you will never forget how uninvolved he was in your growing up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by FuckTheMod: 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jeon:

Anyone you want.
Lol
You must be a mumu faggōt fool grin
Just go fuçk yourself.
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by maasoap(m): 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jeon:

People betray whomever they want to betray no matter the period of time spent together.

And my answer wouldn't judge you if you have clean mind and stay faithful to your spouse till death.

Judge dey go my friend. Whether I "stay faithful" to my wife for God knows how many years we're going to be together or not, I won't be caught unaware. As if to be faithful in marriage is about men only, as if women are left out. Why must it be only men who should be accused of being unfaithful in marriages when we see what married women are doing outside their marriage?
Husband or wife who cheated on their partners some years back and it didn't lead to divorce at the time, how does that become the affairs of the kids many years later? I don't get it.
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Jeon(f): 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
FuckTheMod:

Lol
You must be a mumu faggōt fool grin
Just go fuçk yourself.

And was it painful to make you cry over my Gay sexuality to the extent of insulting urself?. Am I threatening you?
Pls don't show the sign of insecurity because I'm not in any way threatening ur existence.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by maasoap(m): 4:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Better tell your brothers the truth. If not, na them and black bingo with newspaper go dey house. 😈😈😈

grin grin grin u get joy at all?
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Tallesty1(m): 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Make the papa use im mouth tell them, because normally the assumption is always that money is from the father. undecided
Where is such assumption being made? Nigeria?
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by pocohantas(f): 4:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
Where is such assumption being made? Nigeria?

Continue interrogating me. Your own bingo would have lice sef.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by maasoap(m): 4:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jeon:

As yourself how many of the sidechicks are willing to live /stay with a Man when he's in a dust?
And why are the sidechicks following the man in the first place? Is it not because of his properties? And which man can be faithful to a sidechick that left his wife because of her?

Who left who?
Why not leave first and forget the story that won't concern you afterwards? Lol. No, he must be used and later dumped at old age grin grin grin. Sometimes, one is forced to believe that true love between husband and wife is an illusion, it really doesn't exist. One is just using the other for the meantime, only to be dumped later
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Tallesty1(m): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Continue interrogating me. Your own bingo would have lice sef.
You are certain that I will have wife and kids?
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by pocohantas(f): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
You are certain that I will have wife and kids?

No. You need bingo and newspaper for company.😈😈😈

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Tallesty1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2023
pocohantas:

No. You need bingo and newspaper for company.😈😈😈
Wetin you eat this noon wey dey worry you like this?
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by successsam121: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
Ariketolu:
THIS HAS BEEN BOTH A COMMON CONCERN OF EVERY RESPONSIBLE MAN AS WELL AS A FAMILIAR TOPIC AMONG MEN THROUGH AGES, But unfortunately, it is a lost battle

Not long ago, I stumbled on a discussion in relation to how some women abandon their husbands at advanced ages and pitch their tents with their children under the guise of helping them to nurse their (children's) children. In some other cases, the men have been abandoned at old age by their wives because they felt it was 'pay back time' for unforgivable sins allegedly committed by the old man when he was younger. Such sins don't necessarily have anything to do with infidelity or taking a younger wife, but it's enough if the wife and the children all concluded he was too harsh with (or to) them when the marriage was younger or the children were growing up. They carefully elect to wait until the old man has retired and needs the company of his wife and the affection of the children most before they embark on a revenge mission!

In most, if not all, cases, the man must have worked day and night towards the physical, economic, and educational advancement of the family, most especially the children when they were growing up. Ironically, but for what the children now label as 'high-handedness', most, if not all, of them would have ended up as wayward children and unable to make anything worthwhile out of their lives. But they don't appreciate that!

The most painful part of it is that, the wife it was who used to obtain the children's submission to her 'dictations' by mentioning their Daddy's name each time they tended towards obstinacy! 'Your daddy is coming', 'your daddy will soon come', 'if you don't listen to me, I will report you to your daddy when he comes back', and so on. Expectedly, the children would not like to incur the wrath of their daddy, hence, they will 'maintain'! Where the children refused to listen to the mother and she was constrained to report them to the father, the father's reaction by way of punishment is what is now being used against the man as being too high-handed.

Another reason for the children's resentment towards their father is the mistaken impression that the father never contributed towards their education. While this can be true in some extreme cases where the father is irredeemably irresponsible, the truth is that in most other cases, because the father had to pursue money most of the time, he would give money for school fees and upkeep to the wife to go and settle whilst he goes 'hustling'. These facts are usually unknown to the children and the mother never told them it was their father who provided the money. Such children would later grow up and rebel against the father for his 'irresponsible' behaviours when they were growing up!

It will amount to over-generalisation to conclude that all women and children do this. Far from it! Recently, I was discussing with a former colleague in one of the banks where I previously worked. She told me that she was outside the country with Daddy. What for? One of their children just gave birth and both of them had travelled abroad to 'baby sit'! I think that's how it should be unless the old man elects not to travel!

Even in very extreme cases where the man had been beastly during the 'sinning' period, why should the woman wait until the husband's old age to 'pay him back'? Why not call it a day with the relationship when the man could still have been able to find someone with compatible behavioural patterns?

What Shall Men Do?

In the first place, a man must learn to be responsible and responsive in matrimonial homes! He must be actively involved in the children's affairs! Where some roles have been delegated to the mother, he should let the children be aware!

Second, no father must allow the woman to surreptitiously turn him into a masquerade in the estimation of the children. That you went out and you're returning home should be something that your children are looking forward to. If you continue to allow yourself to be portrayed as the family masquerade, in your old age you will definitely pay for it.

Furthermore, as a father, learn to correct your children in and with love. Let them know the reason a particular course of punishment was administered. Whatever level of punishment to be administered must be commensurate to the act of misdemeanour! Just like the Yorubas would say: 'Abéré ò gbudò sonù, ká lo gbé Ṣàngó síta'! Let the punishment fit the offence!

Finally, fathers must learn to provide for any 'incasity' at old age! In other words, learn not to eat with both hands. If you haven't been doing that before, start saving for the rainy day (old age) today. If your spouse and children decide to be supportive at old age, all well and good, but if it turns out to be otherwise, there will be no regrets. Times are changing fast too! The children also have their own lives to live. If anything comes from them to the parents at old age, fine, otherwise try and be prepared! Whatever you have as savings would eventually go to them upon your inevitable departure anyway. No parent knows the art of raising or bringing up children. Only God does!

This battle of mother and children in relation to men, in most cases, is a lost battle for men. You cannot win it. The most deceptive belief a man can have is to think that he knows everything that goes on under his roof. This is because there's usually a lot of 'Má jé kí Daddy ẹ ó mò tàbí gbó o' in all homes! In other words, 'don't let your daddy know or hear that o'! This usually exists between the mother and the children to the exclusion of the father! They understandably spend more time together than men do, no matter how hard the fathers try! I think it's unconscionable for any woman to 'conspire' with the children to dub her husband a devil after using him as a tool to train the children to achieve greatness! God bless our homes, Amen!

Caleb Arogundade

This is Classic and all encompassing.
Know this, know the truth and be set free either as a father, mother or child in any African family.
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by jessylaurel(f): 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
Tunagee:

Go siddon jare!!!

Clean your tears. grin
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by pocohantas(f): 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
Wetin you eat this noon wey dey worry you like this?

Lol. I ate amala, but I doubt it is the food.
Re: Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? by Ifyz0001: 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
Lies

Choilila:
Because Men abandoned women during their youthful days chasing girls in the name of sidechicks.
So it's the responsibility of the chicks to look after the Men when their old age rocks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How My Husband Threw Our 6-month-old Baby And I Out - Lady (Video) / A Nairalander Welcomes Twin Baby Boys (Photos) / My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.