Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? (12284 Views)

(Ladies)Live Well, Stop Chasing Material Things! / LADIES And Material Things- You Need To See This(pics) / In Reply To: Why Are Girls So Freaked To Material Things! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 6:00am On Sep 07, 2011
Is Material Things And Money The Basic In A Relationship?

Please NL,there is this argument between my friends and i,they have this instinct that all girls love material things and money,which they claim to be the basic thing in a relationship and when wooing  a girl.How true is this because we all seems to be having at our age (Mid 20's)

However,they said no girl in Nigeria is ever faithful by keeping one boy friend.So Naira lander,what are your views toward this issue?

1 Share

Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 07, 2011
No.of course not!
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by nassiwa: 6:16am On Sep 07, 2011
Your friends date bad girls. There so many good girls out there who dont care about money but just love.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by nsodo: 6:48am On Sep 07, 2011
This Subjective depending on a person and how he/she looks at relationship to me they do not matter but what matters is love for the person you have chosen to love. Money and Material things are temporary because one can loss them any time which means if they disappear you leave also. Money and Materials can be acquired in a relationship together.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Tosinville(m): 6:58am On Sep 07, 2011
Nassiwa
Sorry NOT in Nigeria.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Dgroove: 7:40am On Sep 07, 2011
Absolutely, you need money and material gift involvement in your relationship, it is part of the sacrifice for the game. I am of the opinion that anything you clame to love sacrifices, commitment and dedication must follow to prove and show your love. Forget not that for God so LOVE the world that he gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON,
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2011
Thanks for sharing your views,when i was trying to woo my g/f 5yrs ago,i'm always on 1 shirt and a trousers in dis·guise and i never spoiled her wit money and material things until 3yrs of being satisfied that she is real.But now,i no go lie,i dey make sure she is on point oh.Well my friends wouldn't bliv i'm the only one in her life until 1 of them was proved wronged.

Back to my friends,this are guys that can spend over 300k per nite at the club buying moet,just because they are trying to impress girls,with this i think they are finding it hard getting a good girl.Ena no go bliv,1 bought his girl friend a car and when he is out or in the country,dis girl will go sleeping with a 19yrs old boy.Well they are still not convinced that they are good girls in 9ja dat wouldn't giv a Bleep of their money.

Abeg make ena drop ena view on dis oh because i want to prove dem wrong.If ena see where we dey argue,white people dey call police on us because we dey disturb dem wit noice and they don't like noice.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 11:02am On Sep 07, 2011
nassiwa
Your friends date bad girls. There so many good girls out there who dont care about money but just love.

I think u are right!!!!!
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by buzugee(m): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2011
dunno mayne. i aint dated in a while. and i plan to keep it that way.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by teemon: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2011
There is no romance without finance o!, but still we have some good girl out there o!
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by atasteve: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2011
It is so sweet to start up relationship with love as the main focus!

Many have found themselves in bad relationships due to the fact that love for material possession was placed above the love for the person that they were in relationship with.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by eddytor: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2011
money smells money stinks but we all love the smell of money, of the truth, MONEY has its role in strengthening a relationship. when money is made to LORD the relationship is when it is bound to wreck it to when it begins to face trials; but when its importance is married with patience tell em. love will be celebrated.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by amblors(m): 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2011
nassiwa:

so many? dem dey hide?
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2011
nassiwa:

Everyone cares abt money. Good girl, bad girl called it whatever. Maybe some do not just much importance to money. cheesy I am a good girl, but I still care about money. Not the first priority in my relationships but yaa it does matter.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by buzugee(m): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2011
rokiatu:

Everyone cares abt money. Good girl, bad girl called it whatever. Maybe some do not just much importance to money. cheesy I am a good girl, but I still care about money. Not the first priority in my relationships but yaa it does matter.
if you care about money lets hope you have a good job grin or were you planning to sell yaself to the highest bidder shocked i got Hos, Hossssssss in different area code. grin
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by claremont(m): 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2011
People should learn to work for their own money, rather than depending on each other for basic expenses. There are much more important things to worry about than who picks the bill; anyone who feels that money is critical in a relationship should be ready to work and spend his/her OWN money, not depending on that of a boyfriend/girlfriend, that's gold-digging!

1 Like

Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2011
buzugee:

if you care about money lets hope you have a good job grin or were you planning to sell yaself to the highest bidder shocked i got Hos, Hossssssss in different area code. grin
I have a good job thank you. I am an independent woman. I do almost everything for myself.

But it doesn't hurt to get a gift or two from your partner once in a while.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Boyoorisha: 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2011
From their comments, you know thier level of maturity!
Many #landers are not matured. No insult!
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by buzugee(m): 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2011
rokiatu:

I have a good job thank you. I am an independent woman. I do almost everything for myself.

But it doesn't hurt to get a gift or two from your partner once in a while.
i think someone investing their heart in you is gift enough. dont you think ? see im mouth like gift angry
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2011
this is the 21st century young man. If you are gonna love me for let say 5 years without a single penny, I will take to my heels. grin
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by buzugee(m): 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2011
rokiatu:

this is the 21st century young man. If you are gonna love me for let say 5 years without a single penny, I will take to my heels. grin
see thats conditional love. whatever happened to unconditional love ? cry why yall women always attach conditions and stipulations and demands and time-limits and expectations and assumptions and innuendos to your love angry why yall cant just love a man just for being hisself ? embarassed
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2011
LOL don't get me wrong. If you happen to meet my bf, he will tell you that I am someone who do not love a guy for money. Trust me, I never ever asked any of my bfs for money. Not once.

But they were smart enough to buy stuff for me to surprise me etc etc. And I did buy them stuff also. You see, all that sh!!t is just formality. In this time and age, if you are hard working, you can make your own money. I was raised to rely only on myself and nobody not even my mom.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by psalmizt(m): 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2011
Speechless, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Yet to see the lady that is not materialistic
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Sijo01(f): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2011
^keep searching. u'll soon find one.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Sijo01(f): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2011
nassiwa:

True talk swerrry!

amblors:

so many? dem dey hide?

No, dem nor dey hide. open ur eyes welwel, u go see dem.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by cogbuagu: 1:38pm On Sep 07, 2011
N dis 2 phones u de use?
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by executinal(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2011
Is normal practice with Nigeria Girls, i think their major problem they double date is because, they always try to meet up with their fellow friends. For example her friend got BB, she don't  angry, her friend leave bigger and spends more-than her, while she is just there wasting her precious time with one guy angry. After comparing all this material things that her fellow friends got more than her, she will do anything possible to meet up with her friends.

Don't trust any of them except your wife, though some are good but still i don't trust them lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by vabrida: 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2011
rokiatu:

LOL don't get me wrong. If you happen to meet my bf, he will tell you that I am someone who do not love a guy for money. Trust me, I never ever asked any of my bfs for money. Not once.

But they were smart enough to buy stuff for me to surprise me etc etc. And I did buy them stuff also. You see, all that sh!!t is just formality. In this time and age, if you are hard working, you can make your own money. I was raised to rely only on myself and nobody not even my mom.

bY tHeIr WoRdS yE sHaLl KnOw ThEm, YeYe GiRl, AlMoSt AlL tHe BoYs DoN eNtA, aNiMaSaUn kiss kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Immanuelle: 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] yap because without material things Ur relationship is going 2 hell.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2011
cogbuagu
N dis 2 phones u de use?

U care for one?
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by osadudu(f): 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2011
being a gud girl sucks,i'v tried.ladies give room 4these kind of threads coz they wn't stop behavin foolishly as regards d dumbest ish,like they did'nt take care of themselves b4 meetin d guy.4d guys,they dn't know wat they want,if u dn't ask them 4tins,they assume u'r proud.if u do,u'r materialistic,there's no middle ground!
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2011
Is normal practice with Nigeria Girls, i think their major problem they double date is because, they always try to meet up with their fellow friends. For example her friend got BB, she don't , her friend leave bigger and spends more-than her, while she is just there wasting her precious time with one guy . After comparing all this material things that her fellow friends got more than her, she will do anything possible to meet up with her friends.

Don't trust any of them except your wife, though some are good but still i don't trust them

I think u are a fool,if you don't trust your girl friend,how would you trust your wife.No be girl friend they turn into wife.Na d same thing oga.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, Would You Date A Plumber Or An Unemployed Cute Guy? / Where Do Prostitutes Take Used Condom To? / Once A Girl U Have Been 'chyking' Ask U This Question, Know She Has Fallen For U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.