Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? (12321 Views)

(Ladies)Live Well, Stop Chasing Material Things! / LADIES And Material Things- You Need To See This(pics) / In Reply To: Why Are Girls So Freaked To Material Things! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2011
Please keep commenting,t getting more fun!!!!
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2011
rokiatu

Do you need a guy that will spoil u with gift and money?I can be nice enof 2 hook u up with my guyz.They are having and ready 2 spend d cash on u.But u no watin u go giv in return right.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2011
Sorry not for sell. smiley smiley Money can not buy my luv.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by pynkspyce: 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2011
hmmm!
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by badmrkt(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2011
omoh see money!!!
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by executinal(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2011
bravedude:

Is normal practice with Nigeria Girls, i think their major problem they double date is because, they always try to meet up with their fellow friends. For example her friend got BB, she don't  , her friend leave bigger and spends more-than her, while she is just there wasting her precious time with one guy . After comparing all this material things that her fellow friends got more than her, she will do anything possible to meet up with her friends.

Don't trust any of them except your wife, though some are good but still i don't trust them 

I think u are a fool,if you don't trust your girl friend,how would you trust your wife.No be girl friend they turn into wife.Na d same thing oga.
You are the Bigger fool (puck), i am entitle to my opinion.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by donem: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
well i think not all girl's possess obsesscive materialistic tedency
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Eiregirl(f): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2011
You're right donem, we don't all possess those tendancies wink
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by ronkebp(f): 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2011
it is not a basis for relationship but part of the requirements.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by DaDoctor: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2011
TO MOST LADIES IT IS 'YESSSSS'
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by iykak47: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2011
money and love are twins, lack of it makes relationship boring. but some girls hide this fact. lack of it attracts cheating more. how want to suffer
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Nnaboys: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2011
Guys see no money no love
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Tosinville(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2011
Rokiatu
I grabbed your point, buying your bf a gift once in a while and 4 him reciprocating back is a normal thing in every relationships, it should be 50/50 and money is important to do that. To me thats a normal relationship and it doesn't make you a golddigger since you're both spending in the relationship to make it strong but unlike some other yeye Nigerian girls that depend on their bf even though they wants to buy the smallest like pin.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by fansidar: 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2011
money and girls are inseperable,
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by N101: 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2011
Let me see: guy goes to club, spends N300k.  Guy then ends up with girlfriend demanding money and things from him.  Am I the only one who doesn't see the relationship here?

If you want to know if a girl truly loves you, don't flash anything, don't buy recharge card, new phone, clothes, jewellery, gifts.  Wear the same few clothes, if she's lucky you'll take her to Mr Biggs or a Mamaput on a date.  If you're a woman and you want to know if he truly cares and  you're not one of his knock-offs, don't ask him for anything, refuse his gifts, don't sleep with him.  Then you will know who you are dealing with.

Many men don't know what they want, they want to have their cake and eat it; show off, flash cash and then claim the woman is money hungry.  Likewise many women want their boyfriend to act like their Mama and Papa and provide for their every need even when they have their own money and will sell their "love" to the highest bidder all for money.  The latter is known as prostitution.  They both deserve each other.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Eiregirl(f): 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
fansidar:

money and girls are inseperable,
Not all girls are the same.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Sike(m): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2011
Da Doctor:

TO MOST LADIES IT IS 'YESSSSS'
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by 190smh: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2011
NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE JUST SHOWING THEMSELEVES HERE AGAIN undecided
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Goldieluks: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2011
grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by 190smh: 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2011
I don tire,

see blackberry see money

Kai - I cant sleep at home cos of NIGERIAN WOMEN angry angry
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by coolestboy(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2011
Money and material tinz are nt d basics to a relatnship. Its just a sin qua non.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by seedord247(m): 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2011
Don't you know love is just like flower.

the more you wet it with Sex, blackberry, cash and some other tangible things it will keep growing. but without those things no love.

quote from Nigeria pro$titute Association.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by ljila(f): 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2011
N101:

Let me see: guy goes to club, spends N300k.  Guy then ends up with girlfriend demanding money and things from him.  Am I the only one who doesn't see the relationship here?

If you want to know if a girl truly loves you, don't flash anything, don't buy recharge card, new phone, clothes, jewellery, gifts.  Wear the same few clothes, if she's lucky you'll take her to Mr Biggs or a Mamaput on a date.  If you're a woman and you want to know if he truly cares and  you're not one of his knock-offs, don't ask him for anything, refuse his gifts, don't sleep with him.  Then you will know who you are dealing with.

Many men don't know what they want, they want to have their cake and eat it; show off, flash cash and then claim the woman is money hungry.  Likewise many women want their boyfriend to act like their Mama and Papa and provide for their every need even when they have their own money and will sell their "love" to the highest bidder all for money.  The latter is known as prostitution.  They both deserve each other.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU PLENTY PLENTY N101 grin. I was hoping i wasn't the only person who picked up on that.
@ OP, if your friends think that the girls they impress at clubs, are a reflection of the behaviours of ALL women; If they are expecting a miracle to happen after basing the foundation of their relationship on materialism, i de fear for their mental faculty grin grin
I honestly don't see the appeal in a blackberry phone that girls are doing all sorts to get.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by God2man(m): 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2011
Many spinsters are looking for material things. The truth is that they will miss the best husband. Some lazy bachelor are also looking for the same thing. They will also miss the good wife sent from God. Material things will blindfold their eyes, they will not be able to know the right partner, eventually, the relationship will not last. The fact that the guy is poor today does not mean, he will be poor forever. Things can only get bettet especially when you marry the right person. Seek the face of God to know the right person for you, this is a strong foundation for long lasting marriage. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by fiditi(m): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2011
Not all ladies want material things. its just that what we want are different. I have been standing by my guy through tough and thin and still hope to continue till everything is alright. The funniest part is recently i was accused of still talking wt him as my parents belief I have left him. but they made a statement that no one dey manage Olorunsogo but Jokotola (sit down with wealth). Life is a two side coin and we re on different sides. I still belief in my guy and his future, and i am ready to continue standing by him. I love him so so so much.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by desertboom(m): 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2011
In campus here the word MATERIALISM is seen in the faces of almost every girl. No MONEY no LOVE is the motto for many girls here. Give me RECHARGE CARD, BLACKBERRY, BRAZILIAN WIG, I will give you LOVE and SEX is a better language for most girls. 99.99% of Nigerian girls are involve in this mess. @Nigerian girls. Why do many of you girls do this? Could it be harsh economy or poor moral upbringing? Please, change and allow our little growing girls to think straight. No offense
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Odunharry(m): 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2011
fiditi:

Not all ladies want material things. its just that what we want are different. I have been standing by my guy through tough and thin and still hope to continue till everything is alright. The funniest part is recently i was accused of still talking wt him as my parents belief I have left him. but they made a statement that no one dey manage Olorunsogo but Jokotola (sit down with wealth). Life is a two side coin and we re on different sides. I still belief in my guy and his future, and i am ready to continue standing by him. I love him so so so much.
gud
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Orikinla(m): 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2011
Poster, can your car last long without regular service.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Galaxy7: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2011
Material things re important in relationship but should not come first, I suppose it all depend on the foundation of the relationship,if you claim you have it all you are bound to hook with some body who can not live within the limit of your resources @ last because of your claims @ first
Tell him/her whom you are @ first and if he/she continues wit you that means the relationship is real

Who is Mr born to suffer? if @ first you refused to be visible but claims to have golden spoon in your mouth i would only cool down and shear the cake with you even if the love is not there
Coming to Naija girls there are good,bad and the ugly among them
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by kizito96(m): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2011
In Nigeria Yes.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by tEsLim(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2011
When you search for them in the wrong places. you will only meet OLOSHO / bad girls. Even most college girls are now olosho/mikey/abante/hustler.

Now some of these girls haven't paid their school fees and they want the latest bb first. You move with the wrong guys you get the wrong girls and your mentality get bleeped up and you will have trust issues. mostly when you are evil yourself. You know how it is if you've had so many one night stands and you get to start thinking every woman is like that. Though there is a common saying that every woman's got her price. But the price better be non-material things like affection, company etc

But this is what the society has become, poverty have eaten deep into the systems. And little material things matter so much now to this Lagos girls. I dont know if its like that everywhere. Abuja is worse as the expired girls in Lagos ship themselves down there
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by IbroSaunks(m): 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2011
You know, its funny that the same women that crave for gender equality push all the financial aspects of a relationship to the male partner, quite funny really, grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice To The opposite gender / My Fiancee Is Acting Up A Week To Our Traditional Marriage (picture) / If Simba And Nala Were Black Americans In Lion King #thelionking(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.