Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? (12320 Views)

(Ladies)Live Well, Stop Chasing Material Things! / LADIES And Material Things- You Need To See This(pics) / In Reply To: Why Are Girls So Freaked To Material Things! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by harakiri(m): 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
Materialism has always been the first thing people check before going into relationships (especially the lady in question and her family). Even the ladies who presumably date guys who aren't "paid" have seen some potential in the guy and are bidding their time. It's not a "good or bad" thingy. It's about animal survival instinct. True, a lot of ladies advertise their materialistic tendencies from the onset of the relationship BUT it's up to the guy whether to play ball or not. Mind you, if you give in to a lady's demands from the beginning of the relationship, be rest assured that the life blood of that relationship will depend on the size of your pocket coz the demands will keep getting bigger e.g from recharge card to I-phone 4, from taxi cab fare to buying her a car, from paying her rent to buying her a house (or land at least), from making her nails to buying Brazilian hair, from taking her to eat at KFC to vacation trips in Aruba! It ain't never gonna end.

The solution is simple. Don't give in. She ain't worth it (Trust me). You're better off with a girl who hawks her "goods" at night.

Nuff said! ! !
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Galaxy7: 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ HAWKS  hahahaahahahahahahahahah HAWKERS! hahahahahah
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Galaxy7: 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2011
Very bad experience when i had an encounter with one of those insatiable grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by IbroSaunks(m): 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2011
I wud like ter meet @harakiri someday,
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by 190smh: 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2011
Interesting responses

and actually sending in replies to my woman - so she could follow up and impact it on her life smiley smiley
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by 190smh: 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2011
fiditi:

Not all ladies want material things. its just that what we want are different. I have been standing by my guy through tough and thin and still hope to continue till everything is alright. The funniest part is recently i was accused of still talking wt him as my parents belief I have left him. but they made a statement that no one dey manage Olorunsogo but Jokotola (sit down with wealth). Life is a two side coin and we re on different sides. I still belief in my guy and his future, and i am ready to continue standing by him. I love him so so so much.

You would live to reap the fruits of your labour

Its women like you - every man out there craves for smiley
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Vicani: 12:54am On Sep 08, 2011
angry threads like dis get me angry coz men re fond of complainin bout women been this or dat n they dnt ever seem 2 see their own never ending flaws. Am a materialistic lady( i love money) no gud relationship will last witout cash coz we ladies have certain needs 4rum our spouse whether he likes it or not,GUYS CAN U DATE A LADY 4 LONG WITHOUT KISSING,HUGGING OR SEX IF YES THEN U WULD SURELY CHEAT ON HER. So u see tit 4 tat.peace
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 1:10am On Sep 08, 2011
Vicani

threads like dis get me angry coz men re fond of complainin bout women been this or dat n they dnt ever seem 2 see their own never ending flaws. Am a materialistic lady( i love money) no gud relationship will last witout cash coz we ladies have certain needs 4rum our spouse whether he likes it or not,GUYS CAN U DATE A LADY 4 LONG WITHOUT KISSING,HUGGING OR SEX IF YES THEN U WULD SURELY CHEAT ON HER. So u see Bosom 4 tat.peace

You are the biggest fool ever,Y won't u work 4 ur money instead of depending on a man,Well if this thread is real,then u are more likely to be an OLosho,Ashawo na me i dey call girls wit big eyes and love 4 money.If u need money and material things,drop ur number here and i will get u connected wit my friends here in Malaysia.Idiot!!!!!!!My girl frnd will neva say dis 2 even a guy dat tries 2 woo her.Men girls different oh,shine wey need 2 shine eye b4 we marry Coperate ashawo put 4 houc.na waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 1:15am On Sep 08, 2011
executinal (m)

Is normal practice with Nigeria Girls, i think their major problem they double date is because, they always try to meet up with their fellow friends. For example her friend got BB, she don't , her friend leave bigger and spends more-than her, while she is just there wasting her precious time with one guy . After comparing all this material things that her fellow friends got more than her, she will do anything possible to meet up with her friends.

Don't trust any of them except your wife, though some are good but still i don't trust them

I think u are a fool,if you don't trust your girl friend,how would you trust your wife.No be girl friend they turn into wife.Na d same thing oga.
You are the Bigger fool (puck), i am entitle to my opinion.

Well i called u a fool because with dis tot,OMG,U go marry coperate ashawo put 4 houc.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by iykak47: 2:16am On Sep 08, 2011
naturally every body desires to be comfortable, both men and women. a girl can pretend no to be materialistic in a relationship, just due to lack of better alternative, when bigger loaded guy knocks on her door (tori go change} what men in naija who cant provide for their gf are going through is better be imagined than experienced. pls Baba God dont let me be a story teller to my partner.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Goodcare(m): 7:44am On Sep 08, 2011
you see i have a gul she will never call you when she knows you woun't give her anything she believes in material than love
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by harakiri(m): 9:00am On Sep 08, 2011
IbroSaunks:

I wud like ter meet @harakiri someday,

lol

What's up?
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Ikroberts: 9:54am On Sep 08, 2011
well, what i think about your views is this, you have bad luck in relationship so go and pray,
because the same thing happens for me then i pray as well, am now in a good relationship.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Vicani: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2011
Brave fool if ur sisters n all d ladies around u re asahwo's gud 4 u but dnt u ever in ur stupid post insult anyone coz everyone is entitled 2 say wat they like. Fool ewu
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2011
They are many good girls out their,
My girl friend took me some month to get her, then all was  LOVE LOVE LOVE, now December will be our 5 years.

This was what i did

1. Make sure we went to the same University, the same course, the same department just a year different.
2. I keep a close look at her, gave her some space, and also sometimes i might be hard like the wood on her.

All this was not by my power but God

Also about material things, why would Your Girl need something from you and you can not provide her, huh?
If she ask 10 naira i would try to get her 8 naira.

it's 5 years now, so what will she ask me that i will not buy if i have the money. and if i do not have the money i save for her and i keep her down that i will get her the money in some matter of time

TO ME THEY ARE GOOD GIRLS OUT THERE.

BUT A GOOD GIRL CAN TURN TO BAD GIRLS OH IF NOT PROPERLY CHECK.

Note: I notice that all woman like material things.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by emmatok(m): 1:00am On Sep 09, 2011
ActiveMan:

They are many good girls out their,
My girl friend took me some month to get her, then all was  LOVE LOVE LOVE, now December will be our 5 years.

This was what i did

1. Make sure we went to the same University, the same course, the same department just a year different.
2. I keep a close look at her, gave her some space, and also sometimes i might be hard like the wood on her.

All this was not by my power but God

Also about material things, why would Your Girl need something from you and you can not provide her, huh?
If she ask 10 naira i would try to get her 8 naira.

it's 5 years now, so what will she ask me that i will not buy if i have the money. and if i do not have the money i save for her and i keep her down that i will get her the money in some matter of time

TO ME THEY ARE GOOD GIRLS OUT THERE.

BUT A GOOD GIRL CAN TURN TO BAD GIRLS OH IF NOT PROPERLY CHECK.

Note: I notice that all woman like material things.

Agreed, all women like material things.

But their is no law that say you must give or buy her anything.

She is not your wife, sister or mother.

She comes from a family and she has being surviving b4 meeting you.

I a relationship (bf/gf), you most try to avoid anything that involves money.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by bravedude(m): 1:29am On Sep 09, 2011
Vicani

Brave fool if your sisters n all d ladies around u re asahwo's gud 4 u but dnt u ever in your silly post insult anyone coz everyone is entitled 2 say wat they like. Fool ewu

Vicani idiot,u no go work 4 ur own money to get ur bf material things,If u like material things rather than love,tell me make i hook u up wit guy wey go provide am more than enof.4 a start u fine?Post ur photo, I will never b around girls like u n 4 ur info,my sis is not like u, na ena dey make ena guy go steal, Idiot.
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by Sike(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2011
harakiri:

Materialism has always been the first thing people check before going into relationships (especially the lady in question and her family). Even the ladies who presumably date guys who aren't "paid" have seen some potential in the guy and are bidding their time. It's not a "good or bad" thingy. It's about animal survival instinct. True, a lot of ladies advertise their materialistic tendencies from the onset of the relationship BUT it's up to the guy whether to play ball or not. Mind you, if you give in to a lady's demands from the beginning of the relationship, be rest assured that the life blood of that relationship will depend on the size of your pocket coz the demands will keep getting bigger e.g from recharge card to I-phone 4, from taxi cab fare to buying her a car, from paying her rent to buying her a house (or land at least), from making her nails to buying Brazilian hair, from taking her to eat at KFC to vacation trips in Aruba! It ain't never gonna end.

The solution is simple. Don't give in. She ain't worth it (Trust me). You're better off with a girl who hawks her "goods" at night.

Nuff said! ! !
Well Said!!
Re: Are Material Things The Basics In A Relationship? by DaDoctor: 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
YES NA
AFTA ALL PUNNY IS A WONDERFUL MATERIAL THING

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice To The opposite gender / Could This IMBE** Be Having SEX With My Neighbour (Must Read ) / My Fiancee Is Acting Up A Week To Our Traditional Marriage (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.