Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation (49880 Views)

Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation / US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... / Over Unpaid Scholarships: Hundreds Of Nigerian Students Face Deportation In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by 1Sharon(f): 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
gaby:

You might want to ask yourself what accountability can be accountable when everyone seeking to Preside over this British Government will first and must go to 10 Downing street to submit his/her CV.

It would have been very nice if we could hear the questions they get asked during their cv submissions and what they promise to do for the Board of Directors to make the company even more profitable for them...

The more you look...

British government?
What is stopping Nigerians from rejecting the amalgamation of Nigeria and going back to their tribal borders?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by gaby(m): 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
1Sharon:

British government?
What is stopping Nigerians from rejecting the amalgamation of Nigeria and going back to their tribal borders?

The British Monarch and Government are in the best position to answer this question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by odimbannamdi(m): 11:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
pocohantas:

How are are they mad, Oga Gaby?

If Nigeria opens her borders to the point you start seeing Togolese and Ghanians every square meter, would you be happy?

I understand both parties here. The country and the (intending) immigrants. We know the party wasn’t going to go on for too long. It just can’t!

I agree. I actually fear for the UK. I just hope Nigerians dont wreck The working system over there. The immigration standard is so low. Every Tom, Dick and Harry has the UK as a study destination now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Soleye24(m): 11:02pm On Jan 25, 2023
pocohantas:

How are are they mad, Oga Gaby?

If Nigeria opens her borders to the point you start seeing Togolese and Ghanians every square meter, would you be happy?

I understand both parties here. The country and the (intending) immigrants. We know the party wasn’t going to go on for too long. It just can’t!

So, you think it's cheap to migrate to UK? Ministry of education are even kicking against it because it will drastically reduce their revenue, you think turnover of 680m pounds is a joke? Dey play, just dey play

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by pocohantas(f): 11:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
Soleye24:

So, you think it's cheap to migrate to UK? Ministry of education are even kicking against it because it will drastically reduce their revenue, you think turnover of 680m pounds is a joke? Dey play, just dey play

Read again, with understanding this time.
Never be in a hurry to comment. You are welcome.

odimbannamdi:

I agree. I actually fear for the UK. I just hope Nigerians dont wreck The working system over there. The immigration standard is so low. Every Tom, Dick and Harry has the UK as a study destination now.

We just have to be sincere with ourselves. It is a lot for any country to take in 2 years. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by jimcaddy(m): 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Country that is not our own is not our own, no matter how hard we try to claim it. No one will fix Nigeria other than Nigerians themselves. If you like run away to the moon, you will always be a stranger in another man's land.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Soleye24(m): 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2023
odimbannamdi:

Bro, don't make it look like it's cheap to move to UK. People pay 13-15m to migrate to UK, they are making massive profits from this. When UK stopped people from staying after finishing their program, most countries blacklisted them and their revenue drastically reduce. They had to come up with policy that allows foreigners to stay for 2 years after finishing their program.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by zinaunreal(m): 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2023
We are coming grin
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by kulzinnyjo(f): 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hahahaha.. Nigerians, you see yourselves. UK eye don open, small country opening the flood gates like that. Including people coming from other countries with high population like china and India. They abuse the system. UK failing fast. So sad.. They need to learn from scandanavian countries who are so clean with controlled immigration.

Yoighaman:
UK education system don play Nigerians Yahoo! Let's see how it pans out.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Yankee101: 11:13pm On Jan 25, 2023
See wickedness
After taking thousands of pounds from them
An average recruitment process takes months, how do you expect them to get a job in just 6months after graduation?

Abeg move to the United States, Australia or Canada. The UK just wants your money without the jobs after graduation

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by pocohantas(f): 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
Soleye24:

Bro, don't make it look like it's cheap to move to UK. People pay 13-15m to migrate to UK, they are making massive profits from this. When UK stopped people from staying after finishing their program, most countries blacklisted them and their revenue drastically reduce. They had to come up with policy that allows foreigners to stay for 2 years after finishing their program.

Stop making this about money. No one said it is “financially cheap” to enter the UK. There are cheaper countries than the UK, but before you get their visa, you will see SHEGE.

Yes, UK’s immigration standard is too low. Every human with money is entering. They were bound to run into troubles!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Soleye24(m): 11:15pm On Jan 25, 2023
[quote author=pocohantas post=120377129]

Read again, with understanding this time.
Never be in a hurry to comment. You are welcome.

Aunty, it's you that don't understand what you have written. Yes, Nigerians will be happy to accommodate Togolese and Ghanaian as long as their immigration is contributing to her GPR. UK makes a lot of money from foreigners coming to school there and that's why UK ministry of education are kicking against it that it will reduce their revenue. UK is using immigration to cash out, you are talking of Togolese and Ghanaian that have not impact to Nigeria GPR, dey play o poco

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by izubext007: 11:15pm On Jan 25, 2023
Buhari bad luck don follow our Nigeria foreign student ooooooo
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Soleye24(m): 11:18pm On Jan 25, 2023
pocohantas:

Stop making this about money. No one said it is “financially cheap” to enter the UK. There are cheaper countries than the UK, but before you get their visa, you will see SHEGE.

Yes, UK’s immigration standard is too low. Every human with money is entering. They were bound to run into troubles!

You can't eat your cake and have it. UK are more interested in money than tightening up their immigration policy so they should face whatever comes out of it

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by pocohantas(f): 11:19pm On Jan 25, 2023
Soleye24:

Nigerians would not be happy.

I don’t know how old you are, maybe 12…
But Nigeria had Ghana Must Go!

In this same Nigeria, at some point we had an influx of Togolese artisans. They were mostly tilers. Your supposed happy Nigerians cried out. These immigrants were undocumented. They were not living in flats or marrying Nigerian women.

Now imagine what UK that is first the No1 spot for illegal immigrants in Europe, then add Asians and Africans. How do you want that small country to keep up?

No country would be happy!

Soleye24:

You can't eat your cake and have it. UK are more interested in money than tightening up their immigration policy so they should face whatever comes out of it

They don’t want again. Maybe they have met their deposit target. Take it somewhere else.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by GeneralPula: 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2023
gaby:
Dem dey mad..

If I were Nigerian President I would be sponsoring hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youths to the UK in the guise of schooling to go suffocate them for our headquarters.

When dem don choke no be person go tell them to come help restructure this farm wey dem set up for their profit.
They’re not mad. It’s those that carry their millions enter their countries that are mad..

It has been predicted that UK could wake up one day and start changing immigrants law..

They’ve harvested the money the need. They don’t need any bodies at all.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by tshtsh: 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2023
EcoBrick:
Rough play. I hope it doesn't get to that. After many folks don sell all their properties for Naija ontop Japa matter, dem wan come pull the rug from beneath their feet, just like that??
I hope it doesnt scale through. Based on precedence I suggested to people I know to not put their all in this UK thing. Its not as if I foresaw this but I just felt it was risky.
At the time I studied in UK I was 21 years old and I met some people who were older than me but settled in the UK. They were like 28/29 . One common thing I noticed among them was that they all claimed to have gone to UK to study for a masters while taking study leave from their place of work. The few that were able to land a good job with prospects after the studies resigned. The others returned back to resume their work in Nigeria. In most cases accommodation was still in tact back home in Nigeria.
Fast forward to 2021/2022 I saw a different trend. Men and women in their late 30s/40s quitting their jobs, selling off everything and moving to the UK on a tier 4 visa. I pray that it works out for all because most people have no option B. Not even a home to return to. UK is one of the few countries that randomly picks people up on the streets and verifies their immigration status. If it is expired they detain them pending removal from the country. It is not like US/Canada where you can stay illegally and wont be disturbed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by GeneralPula: 11:26pm On Jan 25, 2023
daniwise:

How did he insult him
You’re quoting an impostor..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by GeneralPula: 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2023
Unrated900:
So na so person 8million naira go just waste like that

They person think say him fit just 8m relocate like that?

The person don enter one chance
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Soleye24(m): 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2023
pocohantas:

In this same Nigeria, at some point we had an influx of Togolese artisans. They were mostly tilers. Your supposed happy Nigerians cried out. These immigrants were even undocumented. They were not living in flats or marrying Nigerian women.

Now imagine what UK that is first the No1 spot for illegal immigrants in Europe, then add Asians and Africans. How do you want that small country to keep up?

They don’t want again. Maybe they have met their deposit target. Take it somewhere else.

Methuselah of Nairaland, I'm actually 5years 2 months. Your comparison is baseless, and I feel I should just ignore you at this point because I expected you to put up better points and drive them well. You compared UK that makes millions of pounds from foreigners with Nigeria that makes nothing from Togolese and Ghanaian, does that makes sense? So, UK are not aware of their small size when they keep allowing people into their country while collecting thousands of pounds from them? Which fraud would be greater than collecting millions from people and showing them the exit door? Dey play o Poco

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Jocdon(m): 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Peter obi to rescue and liberate this country.

Tinubu is a fool. The fool brought the calamity were suffering from today. The idiot also came to our beloved Edo State and insulted every one of us including our great Oba of Benin. No shaking. We Edolites heard him loud and clear and we'll respond to him on Feb 25.

Obi is coming
Bro what did the maga (tinubu) said in Benin
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Bigchristo: 11:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
EcoBrick:

https://punchng.com/nigerian-students-in-uk-others-risk-deportation/
Later they will come and tell us they’re our colonies but when it comes to allowing Nigerians into the UK they find every means to make it hard for us over there, that’s pure wickedness, I hope you can see the reasons why we need to fix our country? Vote wisely this time because the more you people keep running abroad the more they keep reducing duration of stay over there except you have permanent residency or dual citizenship
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Soleye24(m): 11:36pm On Jan 25, 2023
pocohantas:

In this same Nigeria, at some point we had an influx of Togolese artisans. They were mostly tilers. Your supposed happy Nigerians cried out. These immigrants were undocumented. They were not living in flats or marrying Nigerian women.

Okay ma, UK prime minister.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by pocohantas(f): 11:36pm On Jan 25, 2023
Soleye24:

Methuselah of Nairaland, I'm actually 5yeara 2 months. Your comparison is baseless, and I feel I should just ignore you at this point because I expected you to put up better points and drive them well. You compared UK that makes millions of pounds from foreigners with Nigeria that makes nothing from Togolese and Ghanaian, does that makes sense? So, UK are not aware of their small size when they keep allowing people into their country while collecting thousands of pounds from them? Which fraud would be greater than collecting millions from people and showing them the exit door? Dey play o Poco

Please stop shifting the goal post. You said Nigerians would be happy and I simply told you Nigerians won’t be happy. Now you have left that one to talk about how UK makes money. What next? You will remind me of the late Queen Eliza? Eish!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by kushe: 11:41pm On Jan 25, 2023
Unfortunately many claim to be educated but do not read. If only folks dug into history they would discover nothing is new and history keeps repeating itself.
In the 1800s while England and parts of Europe were on overdrive due to the industrial revolution and churning out life changing technology ,the port cities in these same countries were witnessing unprecedented emigration to the US because to some that was their only hope.Italians,Irish,Scottish,Welsh,they all Japad like you people love to say but the grass only seemed greener on the other side,but was it ?
Back then u didn't even need a visa,you just arrived at a port in New York and they did a crude physical exam to ascertain you weren't carrying an infectious disease,ur details were recorded and off you went into the world to go and hustle.
Hustle they did but most immigrants never made it,the new world was a mirage. Living conditions for immigrants were impossible,dark,cold rooms shared by several families in buildings called tenements and worst was the ethnic clusters that gave rise to gangs.
Mirror that with the UK today,most immigrants arrive just excited to wear winter jackets and possibly see snow for the first time. They take pictures like they were going to be banned if they didn't document their new found freedom ,then gbam reality hits. Accommodation crisis,they are priced out of the market because of insufficient funds and now resort to overcrowding and inconveniencing more settled immigrants who give them a few weeks grace after which they subtly hint them that they need to start dropping.
Why do the Ethiopians bandy together, the East Africans the Chinese,the Indians.
I once lived in North London and believe me in some parts,you would have thought they dropped you in India.
Meanwhile in Nigeria stuff is happening just like stuff was happening in England back then but people are too blind to see and are fixated on just one singular option, escaping to Neverland.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by pocohantas(f): 11:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
tshtsh:

I hope it doesnt scale through. Based on precedence I suggested to people I know to not put their all in this UK thing. Its not as if I foresaw this but I just felt it was risky.
At the time I studied in UK I was 21 years old and I met some people who were older than me but settled in the UK. They were like 28/29 . One common thing I noticed among them was that they all claimed to have gone to UK to study for a masters while taking study leave from their place of work. The few that were able to land a good job with prospects after the studies resigned. The others returned back to resume their work in Nigeria. In most cases accommodation was still in tact back home in Nigeria.
Fast forward to 2021/2022 I saw a different trend. Men and women in their late 30s/40s quitting their jobs, selling off everything and moving to the UK on a tier 4 visa. I pray that it works out for all because most people have no option B. Not even a home to return to. UK is one of the few countries that randomly picks people up on the streets and verifies their immigration status. If it is expired they detain them pending removal from the country. It is not like US/Canada where you can stay illegally and wont be disturbed

This has always been a topic in Travel section. It is not like it is the UK’s first time of pulling this stunt. I said it here that I would never understand why Nigerians in their late 30s and 40s would sell off everything, even pot, to move to the UK. It is okay when lower middle class do it, but not an established person. They almost ate me raw that day.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Fortruth: 11:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
gaby:
Dem dey mad..

If I were Nigerian President I would be sponsoring hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youths to the UK in the guise of schooling to go suffocate them for our headquarters.

When dem don choke no be person go tell them to come help restructure this farm wey dem set up for their profit.

But it is the UK… they have good government and aren’t allowing someone like Tinubu to be the ruling party candidate…..nor do they allow their Prime Minister to go Nigeria for medical checkups ….

Their citizens are not having erections over Nigerian Premier league…. Nor are their citizens coming to buy made in Aba clothes….or their MP kids schooling in Kaduna…..

Anyway

Just because your nation was created and named by Oyibo doesn’t mean you are subhuman, but the aftermath shows that you people have learned nothing…. Absolutely nothing…… Now you wan vex….
Vex wetin?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by ProtonX: 11:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
“But education officials fear this will make the UK less attractive to foreign students, who pay far more than UK students for their courses and are a major source of income for universities.”

This is what will happen. UK will be the least favourite destination for international students and other countries will open their doors. I will see how they survive this move coupled with all the post-BREXIT issues

Suella will either be sacked or she will resign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by MasterTeeUSA: 11:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
That has always been the plan...take our students, take our resources then send us back...if they do this often, they can make a lot of money without our students earning enough to justify the expenses. I know a girl that just arrived now....even all these care jobs...with agencies are not as easy as they say if you are a student. You pay 140 pounds for this, more pounds for this...after school and accommodation. No wonder some are suffering and even dropping out of school...the stress to meet up with tuition fees is mad.

EcoBrick:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by ifihearam: 11:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
EcoBrick:

We are not talking about Visa fees of both the ones granted visas and those millions rejected.

The UK lives off Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by ProtonX: 11:54pm On Jan 25, 2023
ifihearam:

We are not talking about Visa fees of both the ones granted visas and those millions rejected.

The UK lives off Nigeria.
You're right. Let us not forget the IELTS set by the British Council. IELTS is almost £150 now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by seeyounow: 11:54pm On Jan 25, 2023
undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

You Are Intelligent If You Have One Of This Manifestations Of Intellect / 2011/2012 Nov/dec Nabteb Result / UNILAG's Daniel-Dada Ayodele Gets N500,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.