Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation (49874 Views)

Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation / US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... / Over Unpaid Scholarships: Hundreds Of Nigerian Students Face Deportation In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by litaninja(m): 1:16am On Jan 26, 2023
If nigerian were suitable, developed and attractive enough for foreigners to pay 3 - 4 times the local students, then contribute to the economy via skilled labour after graduation, you should be happy.

pocohantas:

How are are they mad, Oga Gaby?

If Nigeria opens her borders to the point you start seeing Togolese and Ghanians every square meter, would you be happy?

I understand both parties here. The country and the (intending) immigrants. We know the party wasn’t going to go on for too long. It just can’t!
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Gerrard59(m): 1:24am On Jan 26, 2023
She knows what she is doing. If you are an ardent reader of the Telegraph like I am or the DailyMail (two popular news outlets for Conservatives in the UK), you would read the anger they have for the present government for failing to, in their words, curb immigration as promised under BREXIT. The supporters want a drastic reduction of immigrants, and that is what this woman is hell-bent on. It is one of the reasons she is a favourite in the party compared to, say, the Chancellor of the Exchequer. At least, she can tell her constituents that she did her best to curb immigration to below 100K, but the Education ministry fought against the plans. She will be re-elected when the time comes. The Labour Party Kier has spoken against immigration sef

First, she said let's cancel dependants, but the Education Ministry disagreed. Then she came up with issuing visas to students admitted into Russell Group Universities, but the Education Ministry disagreed again. Then now this one. The Chinese, slightly less than the Indians in the UK, won't be affected as most return home after their studies and have the lowest student: dependent ratio. Indians, OTOH, would not be affected because Modi's government recently signed an immigration deal with the UK that would send nearly 3000 Indians to the UK annually. It just needs ratification from the Brit side to commence later this year. Also, this won't affect the top 50-university graduates' offer to enter the UK and look for jobs. Which Stanford grad go leave America to earn British Pounds? Rather, this new policy if implemented, will disproportionately affect Nigerians because we have the highest student: dependant ratio, attend lowly ranked universities and study courses with funny-looking names. The tech industry that does not discriminate based on the class of institution don get small wahala. And British employers, especially those who will/can sponsor visas are very class-centric, especially for foreign graduates.

Y'all better start looking for new places to japa to as it will be catastrophic if the new rule is applied retroactively.

Phrakleen for YouTube and Treadway go happy eh. Munamoqel, how is the party going? grin How far your friend with the oil and gas moniker? grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 26, 2023
stagger:
This Braverman woman was born of Indian parents who emigrated to UK in the 1960s.

I do not know why it is always the kids of immigrants who are always seeking to deny others the opportunities their own parents were given.

Google said she's from a Mauritius and Kenya parents
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Gerrard59(m): 1:36am On Jan 26, 2023
seeyounow:
Nigerian should study in canada . canada will give permanent residency after they have completed their education. Canada recruit young talent each year.

To get visa hard o. My dear friend even with a full funding has been kept waiting for more than two months. If it was the UK, I am sure he would have gotten the visa since last year. Before Covid, 8 out of 10 Nigerian student applicants were denied student's visas. Canada is perfect for post-school plans, but extremely unpredictable/unfriendly for issuance of visas.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 26, 2023
odimbannamdi:

I agree. I actually fear for the UK. I just hope Nigerians dont wreck The working system over there. The immigration standard is so low. Every Tom, Dick and Harry has the UK as a study destination now.

Oga why not do your own hustle and leave jejely so as to allow others to come hustle too.

After all it's the wicked thiefing Nigerian politicians that showed Nigerians the way to UK, they are the pioneers that are buying houses there.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Gerrard59(m): 1:46am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

This has always been a topic in Travel section. It is not like it is the UK’s first time of pulling this stunt. I said it here that I would never understand why Nigerians in their late 30s and 40s would sell off everything, even pot, to move to the UK. It is okay when lower middle class do it, but not an established person. They almost ate me raw that day.

You have the last laugh. grin grin

But yeah, I don't understand the rationale for selling one's assets. It is unthinkable and is not worth doing. Rather, spend at least a year working for fresh funds than selling assets.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Gerrard59(m): 1:51am On Jan 26, 2023
ProtonX:
“But education officials fear this will make the UK less attractive to foreign students, who pay far more than UK students for their courses and are a major source of income for universities.”

This is what will happen. UK will be the least favourite destination for international students and other countries will open their doors. I will see how they survive this move coupled with all the post-BREXIT issues

Suella will either be sacked or she will resign.

Other countries are available, but getting their visa is very difficult for the average Nigerian. The Czech Republic, Poland, and Austria are doing Nigerians yanga. Norway recently cancelled her free tuition for international students, Sweden got more than 90K applicants (more than 10% are Nigerians alone), Germany puts it explicitly on its Nigeria embassy's website that visa dates/appointments can take up to a year, Portugal and Mexico have closed their embassies in Nigeria, Switzerland is tough and should this rule be applied, Ireland would become very tough.

As for Suella, trust me, should this rule be applied, she will be rated very high within the party and amongst the supporters. It is the reason she was appointed. She is doing what is expected of her.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

Please stop shifting the goal post. You said Nigerians would be happy and I simply told you Nigerians won’t be happy. Now you have left that one to talk about how UK makes money. What next? You will remind me of the late Queen Eliza? Eish!!!

After reading each of your lengthy quotes I might want to tell you to stop contributing to fragile topics like this.

Kids are not welcomed here!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by YeyeGbami: 1:54am On Jan 26, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Seems you're out of touch with reality.

Nigeria borders is open, hence the reason we have so many fulanis from niger republic here in Nigeria. We have foreigners from chad, congo and other Africa countries too without migration papers or legal documents.

Nigeria is a country where anybody from any country can enter and nothing will happen. This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Peter obi to rescue and liberate this country asap

If they only enter e for better, these guys don collect passport get NIN etc.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Toceen2022: 1:59am On Jan 26, 2023
I understand the angle from UK government. But if they'll do that, they should at least let those ones with visa already benefit and stipulate a certain time when it'll start. By then anyone that apply knows what he's to expect...

I always advise folks, if you wan Japa, go to countries that truly need immigrants to develop their country/economy , not the one doing it for business!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Winnin009: 1:59am On Jan 26, 2023
gaby:
Dem dey mad..

If I were Nigerian President I would be sponsoring hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youths to the UK in the guise of schooling to go suffocate them for our headquarters.

When dem don choke no be person go tell them to come help restructure this farm wey dem set up for their profit.

You see yourself?! Make humans like you leave their nation to come and help you restructure yours?! Wetin do your own brain to start with?

We never ready!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by gaby(m): 2:02am On Jan 26, 2023
Winnin009:

You see yourself?! Make humans like you leave their nation to come and help you restructure yours?! Wetin do your own brain to start with?

We never ready!

Who be this slowpoke?

E be like say the cattarh wey occupy your skull don leak finish.

Make thunder fire you bastard.

What are you doing on my mention.

Ogun kill you asswipe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by toxtimmy: 2:06am On Jan 26, 2023
Una think say British people care wetin una think...Infact, they have not told you they want all our doctors and nurses to come to the United Kingdom to work in old people's home to pack shit and work 23 hrs in their hospitals....

By the way they prefer uneducated immigrants to work in odd and menial jobs instead of accountants, mass communication, history, etc... That may command better pay.

EcoBrick:
Rough play. I hope it doesn't get to that. After many folks don sell all their properties for Naija ontop Japa matter, dem wan come pull the rug from beneath their feet, just like that??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Winnin009: 2:06am On Jan 26, 2023
gaby:

Who be this slowpoke?

E be like say the cattarh wey occupy your skull don lesk finish.

Make thunder fire you bastard.

What are you doing on my mention.

Ogun kill you asswipe.

You weh Dey ask another set of people that are dealing with their own problem to come help you solve yours, aren’t you worse than a slowpoke?!

Lol! If after over 60 years, you still need your colonial masters to run things for you, then you no be human being!

You are a NON-ENTITY! Grow up and get a brain!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by gaby(m): 2:11am On Jan 26, 2023
Winnin009:

You weh Dey ask another set of people that are dealing with their own problem to come help you solve yours, aren’t you worse than a slowpoke?!

Lol! If after over 60 years, you still need your colonial masters to run things for you, then you no be human being!

You are a NON-ENTITY! Grow up and get a brain!

See this twerp coming on a thread where people with a functional brain are having a go to make a fool of his generation.

The idiot doesn't even know his history or where he stands as he types right now.

You be complete waste of sperm you blockhead.

Na catarrh occupy wetin you dey call head think say na brain dey inside...ekpa.

Na Dangote trailer go jam you die...animal.

Where you crawl out from..

Na you be the candidate for today swear...

Idiot..

Mumu believes he's living in an independent state.

Go find your mates play with, son..

Goat

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Winnin009: 2:18am On Jan 26, 2023
gaby:

See this twerp coming on a thread where people with a functional brain are having a go to make a fool of his generation.

The idiot doesn't even know his history or where he stands as he types right now.

You be complete waste of sperm you blockhead.

Na catarrh occupy wetin you dey call head think say na brain dey inside...ekpa.

Na Dangote trailer go jam you die...animal.

Where you crawl out from..

Na you be the candidate for today swear...

Idiot..

Mumu believes he's living in an independent state.

Go find your mates play with, son..

Goat

Lmao!
Just like every other fool on this platform; you resort to gaslighting when your foolishness is brought before your eyes!

All this your childish primary school insults are just jokes. Catarrh Dey your brain?! Waste of sperm?! Please, do better with your next reply. Seriously?! Lol. Small boy in old man body.

Well, stay there and be waiting for another man to come solve your problems. Na your type dey go shout amen for church and go sit at home waiting for the miracle. Aren’t you tired?!

Next thing now; you’ll ask God to come and select president for you! Mumu man.

E say na people weh get brain dey talk; lmao! Person weh get brain no go dey wait for colonial masters weh don free you for over 60 years to come back come solve their problems. Like I said, get a brain my bro. You need it, urgently!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by VULCAN(m): 2:22am On Jan 26, 2023
Mind your own business!

When you go out with friends and choose your own drink does anybody your friends attack your choice and say all drinks are the same.

Mtscheww.

How much more a choice of who will rescue Nigeria from the mess that APC has put us in

crossbreedwears:
If you think Peter Obi is the way out, then I I highly disappointed in you. All of them are the same
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by kushe: 2:28am On Jan 26, 2023
Many don't realise that the bottom line of the British immigration policies is demographics and future tax revenues.
A service based nation with an aging population ,,significant LGBT population that do not procreate and a falling birthday is a disaster waiting to happen.
Fortunately developing countries like Nigeria and India love to dey born like rats,so what do they do ? They open the gates while their experts go to work on the data they have.
These people know what they are doing and don't care too much about what country is affected.
They simply want highly skilled immigrants who still have some years on their clock to contribute significantly to the tax pool of the future.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by gaby(m): 2:41am On Jan 26, 2023
Winnin009:

Lmao!
Just like every other fool on this platform; you resort to gaslighting when your foolishness is brought before your eyes!

All this your childish primary school insults are just jokes. Catarrh Dey your brain?! Waste of sperm?! Please, do better with your next reply. Seriously?! Lol. Small boy in old man body.

Well, stay there and be waiting for another man to come solve your problems. Na your type dey go shout amen for church and go sit at home waiting for the miracle. Aren’t you tired?!

Next thing now; you’ll ask God to come and select president for you! Mumu man.

E say na people weh get brain dey talk; lmao! Person weh get brain no go dey wait for colonial masters weh don free you for over 60 years to come back come solve their problems. Like I said, get a brain my bro. You need it, urgently!

The two dolts who should have stayed away from mating to birth a curse like you deserve to be caught and given a public beating as a deterrent to others who might want to tow the same line to keep bringing nuisance like you to this world.

What a goat...
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 26, 2023
Like I normally say, as long as you are black, your time outside Africa continent is drawing closer to an end and I'm afraid almost everyone will have to run back home. If you like keep stealing Nigeria money and storing them in foreign banks, you will lose those money. The only choice we ever had is making Nigeria good for living.
It's funny how guys who said Nigeria is not good for living able to gather as much as 10m naira to Japa and I'm here like wow! If I get that, I will use it to make Nigeria good for living by me and my family because that's enough for business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by R0LL0N(m): 2:52am On Jan 26, 2023
blowjohn:
Pls deport all of them back.

Make we get sense for our country.

Deport all of them back asap

If you won come talk make we help u

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by MorningSir: 2:55am On Jan 26, 2023
omoredia:
That will be the case. In every country the worst are always the first to think japa
if I'm really understanding what you mean you just spilled some major bullish:! Here!!
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 26, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Peter obi to rescue and liberate this country.

Tinubu is a fool. The fool brought the calamity were suffering from today. The idiot also came to our beloved Edo State and insulted every one of us including our great Oba of Benin. No shaking. We Edolites heard him loud and clear and we'll respond to him on Feb 25.

Obi is coming

You guys are repeating mistake Hausa made with rush for Buhari to become the president. They were always saying Buhari would solve just any problem during PDP administration and now 7 years plus they can tell how wrong they were. It's becoming annoying how you guys campaign for Obi even with something he can't control. For your information, Obi can't run a government with continuation of subsidy payment and that means if he became president things will become so much costly and it's the same for other candidates if anyone of them emerged winner.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Maski87: 3:48am On Jan 26, 2023
Make una no worry, by that time serious kata-kata go dey Nigeria and everyone will get political asylum
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by FarahAideed: 4:01am On Jan 26, 2023
And the migration fraud continues

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Skyehigher1: 4:02am On Jan 26, 2023
jokedoge:
Please Vote for PETER OBI for a better Nigeria

God bless you
but you votes for him in anambra and he never change their life than more sit at home order

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Epinbiz(m): 4:17am On Jan 26, 2023
Make dem no start the rough play oo
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Mindlog: 4:24am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

This has always been a topic in Travel section. It is not like it is the UK’s first time of pulling this stunt. I said it here that I would never understand why Nigerians in their late 30s and 40s would sell off everything, even pot, to move to the UK. It is okay when lower middle class do it, but not an established person. They almost ate me raw that day.

It is the skilled worker visa that is the aim, then the British Passport,
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by kole22k(m): 4:28am On Jan 26, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Peter obi to rescue and liberate this country.

Tinubu is a fool. The fool brought the calamity were suffering from today. The idiot also came to our beloved Edo State and insulted every one of us including our great Oba of Benin. No shaking. We Edolites heard him loud and clear and we'll respond to him on Feb 25.

Obi is coming

You can sell your candidate without an insult be mature. Tribalism wouldn't take us anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Bukola94: 4:31am On Jan 26, 2023
Toceen2022:
I understand the angle from UK government. But if they'll do that, they should at least let those ones with visa already benefit and stipulate a certain time when it'll start. By then anyone that apply knows what he's to expect...

I always advise folks, if you wan Japa, go to countries that truly need immigrants to develop their country/economy , not the one doing it for business!
u made sense, kudos kudos to you. We Nigeria or let me say black or African never learn from history. If our great grand parents were still here, I doubt they'll want us to have anything to do with the whites or foreigners. though not all whites, but even if we have anything do with them, if it doesn't benefits or favors us, they will order us to leave. thanks for your contribution. respect brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Odoctor(m): 4:41am On Jan 26, 2023
EcoBrick:
Rough play. I hope it doesn't get to that. After many folks don sell all their properties for Naija ontop Japa matter, dem wan come pull the rug from beneath their feet, just like that??
Lolz,,, big rough play

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Gwan2(m): 4:59am On Jan 26, 2023
Unfortunately, most of these Japa crew are already caught in the rat race…….

Na like secret cult, if you never enter, you no go know what’s sup,

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC / You Are Intelligent If You Have One Of This Manifestations Of Intellect / 2011/2012 Nov/dec Nabteb Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.