Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation (49881 Views)

Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation / US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... / Over Unpaid Scholarships: Hundreds Of Nigerian Students Face Deportation In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by AdaojoTheUrchin: 5:04am On Jan 26, 2023
We are just numbers and statistics to this colonial imperialists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Smartguyboy(m): 5:10am On Jan 26, 2023
pquaver:

My friend keep quiet, Peter obi Dat couldn't save Anambra in time of oil boom, he could not even save his company in a UK where everything works, then na dis hard 9ja him won come save... Abegi mind urself oo
Which of his company?
You are one of does people spreading lies given to you by APC . Because he has no corruption case or any drugs baron case or bribery case so they are now looking for anything to tie him.
For your information he step down as the CEO of his company when he started running for governorship.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/01/13/lp-why-obis-uk-firm-next-international-was-shutdown/amp/

“We have watched with bemused skepticism as agents of the political opposition unsettled by the high rising profile of the Labour Party flag bearer, ran around and made fools of themselves over the Next International (UK) Limited being removed from the record in 2021.

“For the record, the entity was 99 per cent owned by Next Nigeria International Limited and established as its buying office in the 90s and Peter Obi was its CEO.“At the time Peter Obi became governor of Anambra State in 2006, his wife assumed management of the winding down of the company and about one year ago requested that the company be dissolved under the voluntary striking off of the entity on grounds of dissolution and being operational, which is normal in winding up an entity.”

“Peter Obi has consistently maintained that he is no longer involved in any Next-related business
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Smartguyboy(m): 5:17am On Jan 26, 2023
crossbreedwears:
If you think Peter Obi is the way out, then I I highly disappointed in you. All of them are the same
How about Tinubu or Atiku?
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by dmaze: 5:32am On Jan 26, 2023
I do understand their sentiments pocohantas, but think about it. If you don't want them to come don't open your boarders at all like North Korea.

But don't collect all the very expensive pounds sterling from me,that you can't easily get anywhere else today then tell me you don't want to give me my two years because you want to reduce foreigners?

It is hypocrisy on their part. That is why a lot of Nigerian students were going to other destinations before when they scraped the two years. Now they brought it back and Nigerians started going there again but an immigrant herself to the UK now wants to remove this again.

I am not saying they should not protect their economy from foreigners but NOT foreigners who have CONTRIBUTED SIGNIFICANT POUND STERLING to the UK economy and all of a sudden you are tired of seeing their face.

As far as I am concerned, these students should be protected under the UK law and not have anything come between them and their 2 years under no circumstances except those who go there to break the law of the country deliberately.

pocohantas:

How are are they mad, Oga Gaby?

If Nigeria opens her borders to the point you start seeing Togolese and Ghanians every square meter, would you be happy?

I understand both parties here. The country and the (intending) immigrants. We know the party wasn’t going to go on for too long. It just can’t!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Ifakiland(m): 6:14am On Jan 26, 2023
EcoBrick:
Rough play. I hope it doesn't get to that. After many folks don sell all their properties for Naija ontop Japa matter, dem wan come pull the rug from beneath their feet, just like that??
Lol even at that, the money they've made from working in the uk for one year don pass the things they sold in Nigeria to travel so talk another thing werey, broke ass that can't travel to village

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by nigeriancritic1(m): 6:15am On Jan 26, 2023

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by 2016v2017: 6:35am On Jan 26, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Peter obi to rescue and liberate this country.

Tinubu is a fool. The fool brought the calamity were suffering from today. The idiot also came to our beloved Edo State and insulted every one of us including our great Oba of Benin. No shaking. We Edolites heard him loud and clear and we'll respond to him on Feb 25.

Obi is coming
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Masterito(m): 6:56am On Jan 26, 2023
As if Niger and Chad no full Nigerians. Why not UK stop giving Visas but no they want money. Do you understand how much Nigerians pay for study?
pocohantas:

If Nigeria opens her borders to the point you start seeing Togolese and Ghanians every square meter, would you be happy?

I understand both parties here. The country and the (intending) immigrants. We know the party wasn’t going to go on for too long. It just can’t!
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by culbadboi(m): 7:14am On Jan 26, 2023
UK chill first o....make i first come get my computer science degree first.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Tflex01: 7:16am On Jan 26, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Peter obi to rescue and liberate this country.

Tinubu is a fool. The fool brought the calamity were suffering from today. The idiot also came to our beloved Edo State and insulted every one of us including our great Oba of Benin. No shaking. We Edolites heard him loud and clear and we'll respond to him on Feb 25.

Obi is coming

Mumu. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Tflex01: 7:23am On Jan 26, 2023
pquaver:

My friend keep quiet, Peter obi Dat couldn't save Anambra in time of oil boom, he could not even save his company in a UK where everything works, then na dis hard 9ja him won come save... Abegi mind urself oo

Don't mind the mumu... Sowore dey there them no support smh. They are selling fake product for them at the price of original and them come still carry am for head like gala.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by hartson(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2023
E do happen
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by hartson(m): 8:13am On Jan 26, 2023
E don happen
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Winnin009: 8:36am On Jan 26, 2023
gaby:

The two dolts who should have stayed away from mating to birth a curse like you deserve to be caught and given a public beating as a deterrent to others who might want to tow the same line to keep bringing nuisance like you to this world.

What a goat...

Lmao. More gaslighting. You can’t even tailor your insults to fit the topic. Lol. At least you constructed your insults better this time but this time it sounds like what illiterates would sit at a beer parlor to speak about. I’m very sure you don’t know the meaning of dolts; you just saw someone use it and you picked it up. Don’t lie! 😂

Guy, I still put it to you; YOU ARE A NON-ENTITY. You have leaders in your nation but you want people that left your nation as one dollar equals to one naira to come back and deliver you from your mess?! What a simpleton you are!

It’s individuals like you that sets a nation back with your non-entity ideals.

Get a brain. This is a public forum.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by juman(m): 9:12am On Jan 26, 2023
Their country, their rules.
God save the king.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by crossbreedwears(m): 9:16am On Jan 26, 2023
All of them are the same bro. They are all after their selfish interest bro. Even if PO wins, there would be a lot of controversies.
Smartguyboy:

How about Tinubu or Atiku?
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by juman(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2023
Let elect leaders that will lead us to better Nigeria.
Our lives depend on it.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by crossbreedwears(m): 9:19am On Jan 26, 2023
Like I said, if you think PO will rescue Nigeria then you're deceiving yourself. Have you asked yourself how he would pay back loans, cut down subsidy and reduced inflation? Has he ever mentioned how to pay back the debts we have on ground? My brother, only a military rule can fix this country, believe it or not.
VULCAN:
Mind your own business!

When you go out with friends and choose your own drink does anybody your friends attack your choice and say all drinks are the same.

Mtscheww.

How much more a choice of who will rescue Nigeria from the mess that APC has put us in

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by crossbreedwears(m): 9:20am On Jan 26, 2023
Obi won't save us from anything oga. Remember I said so
VULCAN:
Mind your own business!

When you go out with friends and choose your own drink does anybody your friends attack your choice and say all drinks are the same.

Mtscheww.

How much more a choice of who will rescue Nigeria from the mess that APC has put us in

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Treadway: 9:33am On Jan 26, 2023
Gerrard59:
She knows what she is doing. If you are an ardent reader of the Telegraph like I am or the DailyMail (two popular news outlets for Conservatives in the UK), you would read the anger they have for the present government for failing to, in their words, curb immigration as promised under BREXIT. The supporters want a drastic reduction of immigrants, and that is what this woman is hell-bent on. It is one of the reasons she is a favourite in the party compared to, say, the Chancellor of the Exchequer. At least, she can tell her constituents that she did her best to curb immigration to below 100K, but the Education ministry fought against the plans. She will be re-elected when the time comes. The Labour Party Kier has spoken against immigration sef

First, she said let's cancel dependants, but the Education Ministry disagreed. Then she came up with issuing visas to students admitted into Russell Group Universities, but the Education Ministry disagreed again. Then now this one. The Chinese, slightly less than the Indians in the UK, won't be affected as most return home after their studies and have the lowest student: dependent ratio. Indians, OTOH, would not be affected because Modi's government recently signed an immigration deal with the UK that would send nearly 3000 Indians to the UK annually. It just needs ratification from the Brit side to commence later this year. Also, this won't affect the top 50-university graduates' offer to enter the UK and look for jobs. Which Stanford grad go leave America to earn British Pounds? Rather, this new policy if implemented, will disproportionately affect Nigerians because we have the highest student: dependant ratio, attend lowly ranked universities and study courses with funny-looking names. The tech industry that does not discriminate based on the class of institution don get small wahala. And British employers, especially those who will/can sponsor visas are very class-centric, especially for foreign graduates.

Y'all better start looking for new places to japa to as it will be catastrophic if the new rule is applied retroactively.

Phrakleen for YouTube and Treadway go happy eh. Munamoqel, how is the party going? grin How far your friend with the oil and gas moniker? grin grin
lol...wetin be my own? That there was a bold hand-writing on the wall that many willfully decided not to see, no mean say me wey see am and talk am get any ill intentions. I no burn everything to japa na. I wish those that did, are doing so, and will do so the very best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by pocohantas(f): 9:47am On Jan 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

You have the last laugh. grin grin

But yeah, I don't understand the rationale for selling one's assets. It is unthinkable and is not worth doing. Rather, spend at least a year working for fresh funds than selling assets.

It is not a last laugh thing for me, Gerrard.
I find it very shocking and irrational. People in their late 30s to 40s! The thing dey always shock me o. That risk is for 20s youth abeg.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by GloriousGbola: 10:00am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

It is not a last laugh thing for me, Gerrard.
I find it very shocking and irrational. People in their late 30s to 40s! The thing dey always shock me o. That risk is for 20s youth abeg.

Nigerians and herd mentality are like zumas fingers. T some people japaed and now every one wan japa. If there is no strong willed person in a family pressure from spouses, parents etal will make people jump on these decisions without any thought.

It is ultimately a continuous cycle, the same cycle that drives people to put millions in MMM or some agribusiness scheme.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by xavuv: 10:43am On Jan 26, 2023
You are missing her point

Thermodynamics:

I'll be very happy to see and mingle with my Togolese and Ghanian brothers, as a matter of fact, I wish other Africans will come to Nigeria so I can have friends from other tribe in Africa.

In UK you'll find Europeans all around, a UK person can have a German neighbor to the left and a Romanian neighbor to the right, a UK person could have an Italian grandparents.

But here in Africa, black people like to divide themselves and leave in small pockets and discriminate against one another.

Just imagine your rubbish question, are you better than Togolese and Ghanians?

I understand where white people do not want to see black people flooding their country, whites are discriminative against other race but the see themselves as one, but for a black person to discriminate against his own race is just plane stupidity.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by xavuv: 10:46am On Jan 26, 2023
Wow! What a Patriotic UK citizen you are

Toks2008:

Any attempt to tamper with the present status quo will be counter productive to the already bleeding economic situation of UK.

Do you know what these students contribute to the economy in those two years post study period?

Is it not the same UK looking for workers?

The home secretary should be guarded before she makes decisions that will affect UK economy negatively.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by pocohantas(f): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Nigerians and herd mentality are like zumas fingers. T some people japaed and now every one wan japa. If there is no strong willed person in a family pressure from spouses, parents etal will make people jump on these decisions without any thought.

It is ultimately a continuous cycle, the same cycle that drives people to put millions in MMM or some agribusiness scheme.

No lies detected. It is now a peer pressure thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by xavuv: 11:05am On Jan 26, 2023
Winnin009:

Lmao!
Just like every other fool on this platform; you resort to gaslighting when your foolishness is brought before your eyes!

Lol
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Monaboo(m): 11:21am On Jan 26, 2023
LadySarah:

OPM church in pH.You may have to travel down to write their exam soon.

Thanks dear
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Munamoqel: 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2023
Gerrard59:
She knows what she is doing. If you are an ardent reader of the Telegraph like I am or the DailyMail (two popular news outlets for Conservatives in the UK), you would read the anger they have for the present government for failing to, in their words, curb immigration as promised under BREXIT. The supporters want a drastic reduction of immigrants, and that is what this woman is hell-bent on. It is one of the reasons she is a favourite in the party compared to, say, the Chancellor of the Exchequer. At least, she can tell her constituents that she did her best to curb immigration to below 100K, but the Education ministry fought against the plans. She will be re-elected when the time comes. The Labour Party Kier has spoken against immigration sef

First, she said let's cancel dependants, but the Education Ministry disagreed. Then she came up with issuing visas to students admitted into Russell Group Universities, but the Education Ministry disagreed again. Then now this one. The Chinese, slightly less than the Indians in the UK, won't be affected as most return home after their studies and have the lowest student: dependent ratio. Indians, OTOH, would not be affected because Modi's government recently signed an immigration deal with the UK that would send nearly 3000 Indians to the UK annually. It just needs ratification from the Brit side to commence later this year. Also, this won't affect the top 50-university graduates' offer to enter the UK and look for jobs. Which Stanford grad go leave America to earn British Pounds? Rather, this new policy if implemented, will disproportionately affect Nigerians because we have the highest student: dependant ratio, attend lowly ranked universities and study courses with funny-looking names. The tech industry that does not discriminate based on the class of institution don get small wahala. And British employers, especially those who will/can sponsor visas are very class-centric, especially for foreign graduates.

Y'all better start looking for new places to japa to as it will be catastrophic if the new rule is applied retroactively.

Phrakleen for YouTube and Treadway go happy eh. Munamoqel, how is the party going? grin How far your friend with the oil and gas moniker? grin grin
wetin I do Nah! I was just blowing advanced warning to save Japarains to the UK but na insults .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by mayo47(m): 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
Or have Nigerians quickly forgotten about "Ghana MUST GO"

pocohantas:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by zeebabeArewa(f): 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
What a failed format!!! Keep searching.
Monaboo:
Please does anyone know of a Foundation or NGO that can help me with Tution fee.

Since we can not all study in UK, I need sponsorship or funds to study in Nigeria.

I just bought form for my Post Graduate Diploma at Ekiti State University. Fee is 180K

I need sponsorship.

If u know any Foundation or NGO that can help me please kindly refer me to them.

My contact is on my Bio.

God bless you as u do so.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by KnowledgeIsVast(m): 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
zeebabeArewa:
What a failed format!!! Keep searching.
Hmm how do you know it’s a scam 😑
Country is hard some people never chop today me inclusive
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by blueAgent(m): 12:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:
When you leave your parents' home to go for University education outside your state, won't you return home once you've graduated? Na by force to remain for person land?

Africans mostly, have a way of always bringing disgrace upon themselves. You'll graduate from a University in the UK and will want to remain there after graduation, even without a decent paying job, until them begin pursue you.

Na wa o!

True.

Very shameless race and ppl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

You Are Intelligent If You Have One Of This Manifestations Of Intellect / 2011/2012 Nov/dec Nabteb Result / UTME: Candidate Who Hid Phone In Her Pant, Arrested (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.