Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation (49876 Views)

Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation / US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... / Over Unpaid Scholarships: Hundreds Of Nigerian Students Face Deportation In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:55pm On Jan 25, 2023
They must to learn lesson

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by kushe: 11:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
Nigerians have always japad,my own parents got married in England and only returned to Nigeria after the civil war but trust me when I tell you that those that did well in Nigeria far surpassed those that eventually managed to become middle class.
Nigeria is rapidly growing and with growth comes needs and an opportunity for value to be created.Forget who wins the elections and stop whining about how bad the government is,get up from your behind and add some value to people's lives.
Someone started importing hair,another umbrellas,razor blades and the children of these folks go and play where most people sell all that they have to go and hustle.
Just look at how many people Instagram has made extremely wealthy, all the small business owners,the skit makers,the influencers and yet people talk about earning in pounds.
Oh they earn in pounds but do you pay 800 pounds or 1k pounds for your apartment in Lekki or Ikeja.
Do you buy a canned coke for N600 ?
Please leave if you have to but in 10 years time,history will judge if the mass hysteria of japaaing actually made any sense.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by MasterTeeUSA: 12:00am On Jan 26, 2023
That seems like the strategy the Chinese used LOL...

gaby:
Dem dey mad..

If I were Nigerian President I would be sponsoring hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youths to the UK in the guise of schooling to go suffocate them for our headquarters.

When dem don choke no be person go tell them to come help restructure this farm wey dem set up for their profit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Sweetvie: 12:00am On Jan 26, 2023
Hmmm... Not good embarassed
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by dydx2020(m): 12:03am On Jan 26, 2023
All u people are just useless and foolish.As Obi na one kind magician that will turn Nigeria to USA in one year.

StrongAlphMale:

Seems you're out of touch with reality.

Nigeria borders is open, hence the reason we have so many fulanis from niger republic here in Nigeria. We have foreigners from chad, congo and other Africa countries too without migration papers or legal documents.

Nigeria is a country where anybody from any country can enter and nothing will happen. This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Peter obi to rescue and liberate this country asap

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Soleye24(m): 12:04am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

Please stop shifting the goal post. You said Nigerians would be happy and I simply told you Nigerians won’t be happy. Now you have left that one to talk about how UK makes money. What next? You will remind me of the late Queen Eliza? Eish!!!
Nigerians will be happy because we are aware of the resources these foreigners will bring to our country and how it will help us grow as a nation. Every country that wants to develop or keep growing needs foreigners to invest in their country which is what UK is doing it. Their immigration policies, their problem.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by gaby(m): 12:08am On Jan 26, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
That seems like the strategy the Chinese used LOL...

The Chinese use am well well collect trade secrets plus other intelligence.

They are still busy with it clandestinely to date.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by MT: 12:08am On Jan 26, 2023
Let us face it, UK can never give 20% of the students permanent residence. UK is a small island, surrounded by water, there is a limit to the population it can contain. Then once you have your permanent residence, you are entitled to benefits. UK economy is in dire mess right now, and they cant afford for all of these students to become Permanent Residents en masse almost at the same time. It will be counter productive, and UK economy can't sustain it.

Some would have worked tirelessly as care workers, but when they want to renew, thats when UK govt will shock them and request that they depart the UK. UK.is sly and they will always find reasons not to renew your so-called "papers". It has always been a scam from the start.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by tshtsh: 12:17am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

This has always been a topic in Travel section. It is not like it is the UK’s first time of pulling this stunt. I said it here that I would never understand why Nigerians in their late 30s and 40s would sell off everything, even pot, to move to the UK. It is okay when lower middle class do it, but not an established person. They almost ate me raw that day.
Unfortunately it has always been the case. People get emotional when these issues are discussed. You dont want to be caught in the web of work permit related issues as a family man in your mid 30s-mid 40s. It can be very unsettling

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by MT: 12:17am On Jan 26, 2023
gaby:

Even in the US, the chinese steal loads of trade secrets. Their mentality is different from ours that want to do care jobs 24/7

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:18am On Jan 26, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Peter obi to rescue and liberate this country.

Tinubu is a fool. The fool brought the calamity were suffering from today. The idiot also came to our beloved Edo State and insulted every one of us including our great Oba of Benin. No shaking. We Edolites heard him loud and clear and we'll respond to him on Feb 25.

Obi is coming

Oba ke... wetin him talk abeg
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by kushe: 12:19am On Jan 26, 2023
I have tried to profile the mind of an educated,right thinking,exposed young Nigerian that supports the APC and my conclusion is that these folks are not really educated,they claim to have been to a university but they are not really thinking right. They manage to type good english but they are myopic and can hardly see beyond their noses.
What kind of human being tolerates failure after failure ? Who tolerates the custodians of untold hardship,the people who made us to start fasting and praying just to go from Lagos to Ibadan.
Now we are debating the policies of sound minds as regarding what is best for their society while some are her busy endorsing total misfits.
For their own sakes I just hope they are trolling !

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by gaby(m): 12:28am On Jan 26, 2023
MT:

Even in the US, the chinese steal loads of trade secrets. Their mentality is different from ours that want to do care jobs 24/7

Lol...
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by wayodude(m): 12:29am On Jan 26, 2023
Yet again, reading comments on a thread about the state of Nigeria is so painful for the lack of intelligence constantly (unknowingly to be fair) advertised with applause by other blockheads to go.

Promoting the abdicating of our collective responsibility as Nigerians to build a county fit for our own habitation and enjoyment. Blaming the British for every issue we face is the way forward is it?

When that it get this bad?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Thermodynamics(m): 12:35am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

How are are they mad, Oga Gaby?

If Nigeria opens her borders to the point you start seeing Togolese and Ghanians every square meter, would you be happy?

I understand both parties here. The country and the (intending) immigrants. We know the party wasn’t going to go on for too long. It just can’t!

I'll be very happy to see and mingle with my Togolese and Ghanian brothers, as a matter of fact, I wish other Africans will come to Nigeria so I can have friends from other tribe in Africa.

In UK you'll find Europeans all around, a UK person can have a German neighbor to the left and a Romanian neighbor to the right, a UK person could have an Italian grandparents.

But here in Africa, black people like to divide themselves and leave in small pockets and discriminate against one another.

Just imagine your rubbish question, are you better than Togolese and Ghanians?

I understand where white people do not want to see black people flooding their country, whites are discriminative against other race but the see themselves as one, but for a black person to discriminate against his own race is just plane stupidity.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Toks2008(m): 12:47am On Jan 26, 2023
They won't dare.

The money international students contribute to UK economy is staggering and it is even more ludicrous that these students have no access to public funds meaning they pose no threat to the resources of the country even when they give so much into it.

Make the home office secretary just dey play...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by pocohantas(f): 12:48am On Jan 26, 2023
K

Thermodynamics:

I'll be very happy to see and mingle with my Togolese and Ghanian brothers, as a matter of fact, I wish other Africans will come to Nigeria so I can have friends from other tribe in Africa.

In UK you'll find Europeans all around, a UK person can have a German neighbor to the left and a Romanian neighbor to the right, a UK person could have an Italian grandparents.

But here in Africa, black people like to divide themselves and leave in small pockets and discriminate against one another.

Just imagine your rubbish question, are you better than Togolese and Ghanians?

I understand where white people do not want to see black people flooding their country, whites are discriminative against other race but the see themselves as one, but for a black person to discriminate against his own race is just plane stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Toks2008(m): 12:49am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

How are are they mad, Oga Gaby?

If Nigeria opens her borders to the point you start seeing Togolese and Ghanians every square meter, would you be happy?

I understand both parties here. The country and the (intending) immigrants. We know the party wasn’t going to go on for too long. It just can’t!

Read my comments above Aburo.

The home office secretary dey joke.

Any attempt to tamper with the present status quo will be counter productive to the already bleeding economic situation of UK.

Do you know what these students contribute to the economy in those two years post study period?

Is it not the same UK looking for workers?

The home secretary should be guarded before she makes decisions that will affect UK economy negatively.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Ilamina(f): 12:51am On Jan 26, 2023
Who wants to stay in their cold country undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by pocohantas(f): 12:55am On Jan 26, 2023
Toks2008:

Read my comments above Aburo.

The home office secretary dey joke.

Any attempt to tamper with the present status quo will be counter productive to the already bleeding economic situation of UK.

Do you know what these students contribute to the economy in those two years post study period?

Is it not the same UK looking for workers?

The home secretary should be guarded before she makes decisions that will affect UK economy negatively.

Better for the ever intending immigrants.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Abole4u: 1:02am On Jan 26, 2023
UK should be home to all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 26, 2023
Abeg make dem no deport me o. I dey go hide for basement. No anyhow waka again.
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by MasterTeeUSA: 1:06am On Jan 26, 2023
They sponsored so many of their citizens and they always returned back to China. The problem we have in Naija is accountability. If the Chinese sponsor you and you don't return, I am sure they have a way of sending someone to eliminate that person or kidnap...just simple corruption na death sentence...but Naija, you will sponsor and they will JAPA. One guy dey sue Naija...he was sponsored to Howard University, Washington DC...after school he got a US job and stayed and wanted Naija Govt to pay him all the funds for school and living expenses they promised but they told him he needs to return to Laotech with the skills he has acquired LOL

https://oyoinsight.com/lecturer-stranded-in-the-us-as-lautech-fails-to-release-his-n26m-tetfund-grant/

gaby:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by luckyz4rea(m): 1:08am On Jan 26, 2023
Nigeria could be doing the same to foreigners if our politicians were educated enough!

Education enlightens people but our politicians are educatedly corrupt so they can’t achieve this feat for us until we choose to take back our country by electing competent leaders with capacity and compassion to lead at all levels of government that will inevitably translate to all sectors and sections of the country.

We the citizens are responsible for the state of our nation by the leaders we elect to run the affairs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by gaby(m): 1:10am On Jan 26, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
They sponsored so many of their citizens and they always returned back to China. The problem we have in Naija is accountability. If the Chinese sponsor you and you don't return, I am sure they have a way of sending someone to eliminate that person or kidnap...just simple corruption na death sentence...but Naija, you will sponsor and they will JAPA. One guy dey sue Naija...he was sponsored to Howard University, Washington DC...after school he got a US job and stayed and wanted Naija Govt to pay him all the funds for school and living expenses they promised but they told him he needs to return to Laotech with the skills he has acquired LOL

https://oyoinsight.com/lecturer-stranded-in-the-us-as-lautech-fails-to-release-his-n26m-tetfund-grant/

Our case is always different in a very Naija kinda way...lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by colestephan86: 1:14am On Jan 26, 2023
Re: Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation by LadySarah: 1:15am On Jan 26, 2023
Monaboo:
Please does anyone know of a Foundation or NGO that can help me with Tution fee.

Since we can not all study in UK, I need sponsorship or funds to study in Nigeria.

I just bought form for my Post Graduate Diploma at Ekiti State University. Fee is 180K

I need sponsorship.

If u know any Foundation or NGO that can help me please kindly refer me to them.

My contact is on my Bio.

God bless you as u do so.

OPM church in pH.You may have to travel down to write their exam soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC / You Are Intelligent If You Have One Of This Manifestations Of Intellect / 2011/2012 Nov/dec Nabteb Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.