Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie (36225 Views)

Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere / Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Psalmistproject: 7:33am On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:
It depends on how the narration goes in the movie. Story must be told.

No body will tell it better than the families of the bereaved. They need to know what she's throwing out there.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Peterobifailed: 7:34am On Jan 26, 2023
Nwadu:
We will not forget...

Alu 4
End SAS toll gate
Awkuzu SAS
The bullion vans that entered tinubu house eve to election
The monies that were discovered in ikoyi house
The killers of bola ige
The remaining chibok girls
The Death of abiola
The inhumane treatment on nnamdi kalu
The killers of funsho Williams
Saro wiwa
Dele giwa

Pls nairalanders feel free to add yours..
Them think say we don forget
your lord and savior pitobi was the financier of akwuzu sars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by vikstandon(m): 7:34am On Jan 26, 2023
That marked my final year days in Uniport.

Linda Ikeji not seeking the consent of those families is really insensitivity.
It amounts to scraping old wounds.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Saidfx(m): 7:34am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:
So Linda & Co made a movie on this incident without seeking the permission of the traumatised parents of the guys burnt to death? shocked

How about somebody beat and burn to death that Linda's only son, Jason or what's his name and then I go make a movie about it without considering her trauma or/and seeking her permission? undecided

Nigerians will always tag Buhari as evil and the personalization of everything that's wrong with this country. But the vast majority of Nigerians are desperately evil.. For them, money comes 1st, and any other thing or person can go to hell sad

So of all the things Linda & Co had to try to cash out from, it is that horrible incident that the family of those guys are trying as much as possible to forget?..After cashing out from immortalizing the terror these parents are trying to hard to bury, so Linda can comfortably go to sleep while these people are forever reminded by her movie of a a terror best forgotten?

How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?

Nigerians will always tag Buhari as evil and the personalization of everything that's wrong with this country. But the vast majority of Nigerians are desperately evil.. For them, money comes 1st, and any other thing or person can go to hell sad

I concur brother, Nigerians are evil minded people and less productive in reasoning

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 26, 2023
Grupo:

What do you mean by story must be told.

If the people involved don't want you to tell their story, respect that and back off.

Oga, every event that occurs in life must someday be told as a story, whether the parties involved like it or not.

If I reside in Finland and decide to make a movie of the ALUU incident, will these parents come there and tell me to shut it down?

You people should learn to sometimes bury rubbish sentiments and reason issues logically. What's all this noise sef? When books and movies were made about the Biafran civil war, was the entire Igbo land asked for consent as to whether they wanted their story to be told or not?

Una too dey do for this country!
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by mariahAngel(f): 7:36am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:
So Linda & Co made a movie on this incident without seeking the permission of the traumatised parents of the guys burnt to death? shocked

How about somebody beat and burn to death that Linda's only son, Jason or what's his name and then I go make a movie about it without considering her trauma or/and seeking her permission? undecided

So of all the things Linda & Co had to try to cash out from, it is that horrible incident that the family of those guys are trying as much as possible to forget?..After cashing out from immortalizing the terror these parents are trying to hard to bury, so Linda can comfortably go to sleep while these people are forever reminded by her movie of a a terror best forgotten?

How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?

You can imagine the level of insensitivity and lack of regard.

6 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nwadu: 7:36am On Jan 26, 2023
Peterobifailed:
your lord and savior pitobi was the financier of akwuzu sars

You wont see the end of this January, since you have refused to notice that both Hausa Yoruba and Igbos are well represented in my wrote up...

Quote me again and die today self
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Ogaga87(m): 7:37am On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:

There is no story to be told..

If you're a father now, you will understand what it means to lose your children horribly and someone is coming out after many years to keep the anguish you seem to have left behind forever..

They should sue her big time if she proceed further..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:37am On Jan 26, 2023
AtorKelly:

…say movie produced without consultation

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/dark-october-parents-of-slain-aluu-4-urge-linda-ikeji-netflix-to-retract-movie-suspend-premiere/
That is one issues I've always had with this lady. She stops at nothing when money is involved. What manner of character is that?
She better be careful lest she eat her beans when it's still cold.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by LordErrk: 7:38am On Jan 26, 2023
francis5051:
Allow them do the movie.. is only a character your sons are not really involved

Imagine if it were your brother...or your mother...or your father...put your phone down, close your eyes, and imagine

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Angelfrost(m): 7:39am On Jan 26, 2023
How can you make a movie like that without consulting with the family of the victims?!!!

Nigerians sef... We never copy properly from the Westerners.

How exactly do you want the parents to relive the trauma all over again!

American Sniper
Hacksaw Ridge
Ali
Concussion
Long Walk to Freedom
Etc

Were all done with the full permission, backing and participation of the families of the main characters being portrayed.

Lone Survivor featuring Mark Wahlberg had Marcus Luttrell fully involved from start to finish!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Meajor(m): 7:41am On Jan 26, 2023
Linda ma sef no try na...she for make confirmation from the parents first before embarking on the production.... In fact if she dey find story line she for just ask I for give her na.... Story yapa
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by happney65: 7:41am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:

Was surprised when I saw it yesterday too. She should have known better

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by danhans(m): 7:41am On Jan 26, 2023
francis5051:

They also have right in all fairness

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by madjune(m): 7:41am On Jan 26, 2023
Typical Linda Ikeji and her mercantlistic penchant to profit off the blood of others.

It's unfortunate she's not endowed with the right brains to churn out movies from our heroes past or fading national glories but to reap from the lost eminence of the innocently departed....

All these years (That is, if she really cared) what stopped her from channeling her deep monies in pursuit of justice for the Aluu 4?

As we speak, that boy that led to those boys death; I'm so very sure still walks free in that Choba village in PH.

Linda can pay detectives to fish him out, then go ahead and produce your movie.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2023
It's 2012, just like yesterday.
I couldn't eat that day

People are heartless and animalistic Sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

Oga, every event that occurs in life must someday be told as a story, whether the parties involved like it or not.

If I reside in Finland and decide to make a movie of the ALUU incident, will these parents come there and tell me to shut it down?

You people should learn to sometimes bury rubbish sentiments and reason issues logically. What's all this noise sef? When books and movies were made about the Biafran civil war, was the entire Igbo land asked for consent as to whether they wanted their story to be told or not?

Don't be a dimwit. Wars are a political event. And even at that, if anyone wants to make a movie about an aspect of the war which is based on true events, such person has a responsibility to ensure the people involved are reached out to, and their consent and understanding gotten before going ahead.
It will be folly for anyone to make a movie about people's lives without reaching out to them first especially if they're still alive.
Not everything should be about money.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by drololaaof: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2023
AtorKelly:

…say movie produced without consultation

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/dark-october-parents-of-slain-aluu-4-urge-linda-ikeji-netflix-to-retract-movie-suspend-premiere/
Very sad indeed that someone can capitalize on the death of fellow human being to make money, all the so called bloggers are hypocrites. Who send them to remind us of the gory sad event.
If they refused to take the film down they and Netflix should be sued. Shikena.

4 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nature12: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2023
francis5051:

The whole of PH city were traumatized I would not want to see the movie so as not to open a closed injury. I believe even if you were not in PH city then or still not try to search the video and watch trust me you will not ask for this story to be told by someone who cares just for the money #Aluu 4

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by blackgold2018(m): 7:43am On Jan 26, 2023
NotKnown:
Did they mention your children's names there?

Is it your money used to produce it?

If they change the names if the characters without mentioning your names and their names, I don't think you can stop them.
you are a fool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by ThothHermes: 7:43am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

One sense you no get. It's not an insult.
Someone is about to profit from the misfortune of another family and you say they're are making noise.
People like you dey make me shame.
If you reside in Finland and make a movie out of it the families will sue you blind.
Your comment is ignorant and irritating. Just shut up.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by intruder15(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:

Let's be realistic and stop spitting trash. When tragedy occur, do movie producers seek consent before making a film on it?

If yes, then their point is valid. If no, then they have no point. Fury was about the world war. Same as half of a yellow sun and every other conflict/war film released. I don't think there is a need to seek permission before releasing the film. I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Cutehector(m): 7:45am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:

dont mind her..very disrespective woman. That ought to have been the very first thing she ought to do, to seek the consent of the parents before even starting out with the scripts.

5 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Peterobifailed: 7:46am On Jan 26, 2023
Nwadu:

You wont see the end of this January, since you have refused to notice that both Hausa Yoruba and Igbos are well represented in my wrote up...

Quote me again and die today self
you and your entire lineage won’t see the end of this week, henceforth their shall be nothing but weeping and gnashing of teeth in your household
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by chymeze: 7:46am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:

The unfortunate thing is that a movie never goes extinct. Even in the next 40yrs people will still watch and remember a movie. You can imagine such parents coming across such movie in 20yrs time. It will provoke sad memories of the death of their children which they ought to have long forgotten and been consoled about! This is really heartless. They should take legal actions ASAP

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:47am On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:
Don't be silly. The story has been told already. There's a documentary on it. And the parents were carried along in that documentary.

Linda is actually very stupid to even consider making a movie from someone's grief without seeking them out for consent and understanding.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by victorazy(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2023
God1000:
Good, they should not use that tragic event to make money.

None of them said anything about bringing the perpetrators to book since all these years.

You no even get sense.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2023
I thought the court has serve justice on this case so whats the issue here? Stories can be told or acted base on fiction or true life stories which can be similar to anyone's personal experiences but they will always state in im the begining of the film...besides its not aluu2 or uniport 4 but named dark October just to remove any familiarity.
Nevertheless the parents can be reached so dat matter go calm down but this movie will be ahead from feb 5
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2023
ThothHermes:
One sense you no get. It's not an insult.
Someone is about to profit from the misfortune of another family and you say they're are making noise.
People like you dey make me shame.
If you reside in Finland and make a movie out of it the families will sue you blind.
Your comment is ignorant and irritating. Just shut up.

LMAO!

I'll turn a blind eye to the many expletives in this your emotional outburst, because it's too early in the day for negative drama.

But just so you don't embarrass yourself in a much larger audience someday, I'll tell you for free, that as long as the movie being made by Linda Ikeji and Netflix does not have the exact names of the victims and their families, they are not bound by any law in human existence to contact the families. Any court case instituted is going to fall flat on its face anywhere in the world. But should the producers see fit to eventually talk to the parents or suspend the movie launch, it will be purely done out of "professional courtesy and human decency".

End of story!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by pek(m): 7:49am On Jan 26, 2023
Sorry, but honestly, the parents have no case. What happened is in the public domain and anyone can make a story out of it. The only time can sue is when the story is released and there is a misrepresentation of event, then they have a case.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Minjim: 7:50am On Jan 26, 2023
said the movie that was produced without the consent of the four families has reawakened the already doused trauma caused by the tragic killing of their children.

This won't have happened if the patents are carried along and adequately remunerated.

It's greed on Linda ikeji's to shoot the movie without consult and compensating the families

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Khafi Preaching Against Premarital Sex In Throwback Video / Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? / Halyna Hutchins: See Last Photo Of The Woman That Was Shot By Alec Baldwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.