Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie (36224 Views)

Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere / Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by FarahAideed: 8:56am On Jan 26, 2023
God1000:
Good, they should not use that tragic event to make money.

None of them said anything about bringing the perpetrators to book since all these years.

Aluu 4 was the episode that gave Linda Ikeji breakthrough in life , her coverage of the story drove millions to her blog then and since she became a house hold name , I am shocked she is again trying to commercially exploit the death of those boys again without any plan to share revenue with the families

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Octobertwentysix(f): 8:57am On Jan 26, 2023
dontai:
It's not necessary she seeks consent.

Who tell you, she can be sued, Wait make someone set up your brother and then burn him to death and then another business man comes to cash out on such tragic event you are trying hard to forget, by making a movie of the event, then you would understand the pain and trauma the family suffered. So you want these family to go through that pain all over again, guy you are heartless like Linda.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by judedwriter(m): 8:59am On Jan 26, 2023
Aluu 4!

I really don't like remembering that incident... It brings hurtful memories.

I really wonder why Linda would reopen such wounds without proper permission.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by rollywise(m): 8:59am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:
So Linda & Co made a movie on this incident without seeking the permission of the traumatised parents of the guys burnt to death? shocked

How about somebody beat and burn to death that Linda's only son, Jason or what's his name and then I go make a movie about it without considering her trauma or/and seeking her permission? undecided

Nigerians will always tag Buhari as evil and the personalization of everything that's wrong with this country. But the vast majority of Nigerians are desperately evil.. For them, money comes 1st, and any other thing or person can go to hell sad

So of all the things Linda & Co had to try to cash out from, it is that horrible incident that the family of those guys are trying as much as possible to forget?..After cashing out from immortalizing the terror these parents are trying to hard to bury, so Linda can comfortably go to sleep while these people are forever reminded by her movie of a a terror best forgotten?

How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?

Your first lines are so archaic that I didn't finish reading. Na who una go fit beat una go beat. If concerned Nigerians choose to bring up the video or do a memorial for them on deathversary, would the parents sue? You when went as far as saying Linda's son should be killed. You brain is so dusty. Even the acclaimed human right activist didn't go that far. This common sense is really not common. Direct your anger and educational prowess to the perpetrators of this evil coz for all I know, justice wasn't served in this case. Mumu man

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:00am On Jan 26, 2023
safarigirl:
How do you do something so sensitive, without getting permission from the families of the victims?

Is Linda Ikeji mad?

And why are they urging her to do anything? Drag her and Netflix to court if they air it. The anyhowness in Nigeria is so bad that people think they can take people's trauma and make money off of it without regard for their experiences.

Drag her to court and make her pay if it airs.

Thank you, and some people here are talking nonsense that it's not necessary,
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by gasparpisciotta: 9:00am On Jan 26, 2023
francis5051:
Allow them do the movie.. is only a character your sons are not really involved

See reasoning abeg!!!!!
Na wa oooo

A story inspired by true events and you say the sons were not involved?

Abeg fear God
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:04am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

I hear you, Mr Agbe.

But have you stopped to ask yourself why the group championing this course on behalf of the parents are yet to approach the courts and have rather been seeking audience with Ikeji and Netflix?

Have you stopped to wonder why Netflix is going ahead with the production despite claims that the families have not been contacted? You think a movie conglomerate that big does not have a legal department to advise on all inputs and consequences before proceeding?

Yes, Linda Ikeji erred on the moral side for not talking to the families prior to this movie making and she deserves whatever dragging she gets. But, she is not bound by any law anywhere to do so.
Netflix is not responsible for the production. It is Linda that is producing it. Netflix is just doing the broadcast.

Here's an excerpt from the statement:
“We, therefore, demand that Linda Ikeji and her business partners including Netflix, FilmOne Entertainment Company, etc should by this notice immediately retract and suspend any further actions including the premiering slated for February 3, 2023, and any other date pending and subject to consultations and express consent of the affected families who are at the receiving end of the entire assault.”
You should understand that they are being put on notice after which further action will be taken against them if they go on to premiere the movie.
Netflix can't be sued until they broadcast the movie. I'm not even sure they are registered as a corporate in Nigeria. Either way, Linda will certainly be sued if she goes ahead with the movie. That's why the family got a lawyer or do you just get a lawyer to make a public statement?
So don't think she's not bound by any law. There are multiple laws she's potentially violating with this her action.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by CaptainFM1: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:
So Linda & Co made a movie on this incident without seeking the permission of the traumatised parents of the guys burnt to death? shocked

How about somebody beat and burn to death that Linda's only son, Jason or what's his name and then I go make a movie about it without considering her trauma or/and seeking her permission? undecided

Nigerians will always tag Buhari as evil and the personalization of everything that's wrong with this country. But the vast majority of Nigerians are desperately evil.. For them, money comes 1st, and any other thing or person can go to hell sad

So of all the things Linda & Co had to try to cash out from, it is that horrible incident that the family of those guys are trying as much as possible to forget?..After cashing out from immortalizing the terror these parents are trying to hard to bury, so Linda can comfortably go to sleep while these people are forever reminded by her movie of a a terror best forgotten?

How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?

Don't mind her.....They will not do movie on the apostle that is using church money to sleep with Nollywood Oloshos!
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2023
Nature12:

The whole of PH city were traumatized I would not want to see the movie so as not to open a closed injury. I believe even if you were not in PH city then or still not try to search the video and watch trust me you will not ask for this story to be told by someone who cares just for the money #Aluu 4

I still remember I had left PH then but I saw the video because my younger brother was a course mate to one of them and I was traumatized for years, my brother was so traumatized that he almost dropped out, just reading about it now make my heart burn how much more the bereaved families, I would never want to watch that movie. Never ever.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:15am On Jan 26, 2023
Coldie:

Maybe because for real, the guys weren’t innocent.

The guys were innocent and the people involved even the police that gave them the go ahead was sentenced to death, but as usual the sentence had not been carried out they are still in prison.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by HBB1(m): 9:21am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:

Very very unfortunate person.

As in...
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nwadu: 9:27am On Jan 26, 2023
Peterobifailed:
you and your entire lineage won’t see the end of this week, henceforth their shall be nothing but weeping and gnashing of teeth in your household

You will begin to feel a severe headache at exactly 6pm today... That is the beginning to your end.. farewell
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Netflix is not responsible for the production. It is Linda that is producing it. Netflix is just doing the broadcast.

Here's an excerpt from the statement:

You should understand that they are being put on notice after which further action will be taken against them if they go on to premiere the movie.
Netflix can't be sued until they broadcast the movie. I'm not even sure they are registered as a corporate in Nigeria. Either way, Linda will certainly be sued if she goes ahead with the movie. That's why the family got a lawyer or do you just get a lawyer to make a public statement?
So don't think she's not bound by any law. There are multiple laws she's potentially violating with this her action.

For the furtherance of this conversation, let me passively tell you that I'm an Information Scientist. My duty in the global market is to gather snippets of data from as many fields as possible, to further be redistributed to willing parties. I haven't exactly built a money base on this educational career, no small thanks to the Nigerian society, but I have fortified a knowledge base that has become so useful in my daily dealings.

1. Netflix cannot wake up and sign a broadcasting contract with Linda Ikeji without doing their due diligence as regards proper information so they don't end up on the wrong side of the deal.

2. There's nowhere in the thread where the group representing the parents made any mention of hiring a lawyer or law firm to pursue the issue under discourse, should Linda fail to honour their conversational invitation or suspension of the movie launch.

3. Netflix is duly registered as a business corporation in Nigeria. Otherwise, they'll have no basis whatsoever to have streaming platforms in the country, definitely not under this stringent regime that's looking for any and every way to generate revenue.

4. The spokesman who made the statement on behalf of the families is not a lawyer, but a member of the said group. Let's not mix things up.

5. There may be many laws she'll be violating with the release of the movie, but we won't know until the families sue, don't you think?!
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by descarado: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2023
Somebody want to produce a movie on hushpuppy too. He shouldn't?

I don't think the parents were not consulted.

Happenings both tragic and happy obes are preserved through movies. That's history.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Coldie(m): 9:33am On Jan 26, 2023
Octobertwentysix:

The guys were innocent and the people involved even the police that gave them the go ahead was sentenced to death, but as usual the sentence had not been carried out they are still in prison.
I was in uniport then, and I know those guys weren’t innocent
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by overboard(m): 9:33am On Jan 26, 2023
@buygala, Easy ooo. The quoted below is too harsh na. Biko.

“How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?”
__

Truth is, she may or may not seek consent to produce the story. It depends if it is an adaptation where the characters may bear semblance in name and likeness and the storyline reminiscent of the happening…

However, I think it is only fair to consult with the families especially as this is a deeply traumatic event. For instance, my wife wept for days when this thing happened, no joke. She had to stay off social media to recover.

What it would take would be some nominal honorarium not to buy their conscience but an appeasement of sort to tell their children’s story and somewhat seek their blessing. She could also obtain a release to use their real names etc…

Strictly speaking, it isn’t a must but she ought to have, if you get what I mean. It would have only eased everything.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Ckonnet: 9:38am On Jan 26, 2023
superlanny:
This is how Nigerians are, no iota of professionalism, or proper due process. Anything goes in the Zoo and most think they can just get away with anything.

How inconsiderate, improper and insensitive people can be amazes me.

It could have been a way to honor and tell a story in which lessons can be learnt for generations to come, but as usual the Nigerian I don't care mentality has made this decision by the family necessary

Not all Nigerians, that some few idiots keep acting like animals doesn't mean everyone is insensitive, atleast you are a Nigerian and you are not insensitive.
Most of our yeyebrities are animals courtesy of their fans but that lady is a bitch n a bad hustler for going this far and the family should focus on Netflix, they have a reputation to protect, that bitch got none.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2023
BusinessPlan22:

Since we are not bound by law to treat people well, we all can as well become wild animals.

Well, treating people well is very subjective in this particular case, my brother.

Event happened years ago, everyone in Nigeria got hurt, the families inclusive. I decide to re-tell the story today, but by means of a movie, just to remind people about what happened, whether for monetary gains or not, I just want to do it.

I don't know everything. But personally, I feel I'm doing the memories of those victims a great service, and I go ahead. That I pretty much assumed their families won't see me as a money monger for not contacting them before the production, is a crime I should be hung for? That I'm "treating them anyhow", according to you?

Much as we accuse Linda of chasing after money with this movie production, I can confidently tell you the families of those victims are looking for money with all this drama. We're all Nigerians. Make we rest abeg!
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:40am On Jan 26, 2023
Coldie:

I was in uniport then, and I know those guys weren’t innocent

How please tell me, I really want to know.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Ckonnet: 9:40am On Jan 26, 2023
overboard:

“How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?”
__

Truth is, she may or may not seek consent to produce the story. It depends if it is an adaptation where the characters may bear semblance in name and likeness and the storyline reminiscent of the happening…

However, I think it is only fair to consult with the families especially as this is a deeply traumatic event. For instance, my wife wept for days when this thing happened, no joke. She had to stay off social media to recover.

What it would take would be some nominal honorarium not to buy their conscience but an appeasement of sort to tell their children’s story and somewhat seek their blessing. She could also obtain a release to use their real names etc…

Strictly speaking, it isn’t a must but she ought to have, if you get what I mean. It would have only eased everything.

Even Netflix is so stupid to even do that, the family should focus on Netflix that bitch got no reputation to loose.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 26, 2023
overboard:

__

You're intelligent.

Thank you very much for this. Finally, someone else shares my point without much of an argument. I don even tire!
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by iamL(f): 9:50am On Jan 26, 2023
dontai:

If it were to be a sane country I would have done the little I can to make sure the families slammes her with 10 billion naira lawsuit!

You want beraved families to mourn for the second time without seeking their consent.

Na yeye country dey cause all this nonsenses.

2 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by iamL(f): 9:54am On Jan 26, 2023
francis5051:

Wicked heart! E go reach your turn Nor worry.

2 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by DavidEsq(m): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:

U can imagine! It's an outright invasion of the families' privacy or right to privacy. It's an actionable wrong that an injunction along with award of damages can address.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Tintedsino: 10:08am On Jan 26, 2023
francis5051:

I pray u don't loose any of ur child just the it happened to them. U are so insensitive [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Born2Breed(f): 10:10am On Jan 26, 2023
May their souls continue to rest in peace.

The most useless frat will remain the fedora wearing guys and I won't mention Ur name cos who know, knows.

Your own set your own up and he is still free.

One small girl connived with the wife to murder your top man in an Airbnb room, and the culprits are enjoying the man's wealth with another man and the girl is doing pageantry in the cell and living in jail like a celebrity.

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

For the furtherance of this conversation, let me passively tell you that I'm an Information Scientist. My duty in the global market is to gather snippets of data from as many fields as possible, to further be redistributed to willing parties. I haven't exactly built a money base on this educational career, no small thanks to the Nigerian society, but I have fortified a knowledge base that has become so useful in my daily dealings.

1. Netflix cannot wake up and sign a broadcasting contract with Linda Ikeji without doing their due diligence as regards proper information so they don't end up on the wrong side of the deal.

2. There's nowhere in the thread where the group representing the parents made any mention of hiring a lawyer or law firm to pursue the issue under discourse, should Linda fail to honour their conversational invitation or suspension of the movie launch.

3. Netflix is duly registered as a business corporation in Nigeria. Otherwise, they'll have no basis whatsoever to have streaming platforms in the country, definitely not under this stringent regime that's looking for any and every way to generate revenue.

4. The spokesman who made the statement on behalf of the families is not a lawyer, but a member of the said group. Let's not mix things up.

5. There may be many laws she'll be violating with the release of the movie, but we won't know until the families sue, don't you think?!
1. Big corporations make mistakes. The case of Kiki Mordi and BBC is still fresh. Netflix only acquired broadcast rights not production so they are not bound to ensure the movie meets certain criteria neither will they be liable for production issue
2. TIFPI is known to have taken up causes against even the FG to court and obtained judgement, the lastest being against the AGF and NDDC.
3. I agree they are registered. I've confirmed that.
4. I think I've answered your point with number 2. They have lawyers and do approach the court on issues.
5. The family intend to have their rights pursued obviously which is why they contacted the rights advocate group. And Livingstone Wechie is a lawyer actually.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by gare(f): 10:21am On Jan 26, 2023
AtorKelly:

…say movie produced without consultation

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/dark-october-parents-of-slain-aluu-4-urge-linda-ikeji-netflix-to-retract-movie-suspend-premiere/

I believe the parents want to Cash out on it, but it was wrong if Linda never sort the approval of the parents. She has to split the profits if not the project will just die or it can bankrupt Netflix if they choose to go ahead without approval from the parents. It will be sorted out for sure.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by yahoodetector: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2023
dontai:

It is... Oga!
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Fearyourcreator: 10:24am On Jan 26, 2023
God1000:
Good, they should not use that tragic event to make money.

None of them said anything about bringing the perpetrators to book since all these years.
I always say this as the government doesn't care about us same as we don't care about them and one another

2 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nickymezor(f): 10:28am On Jan 26, 2023
Quite insensitive of them. undecided
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

1. Big corporations make mistakes. The case of Kiki Mordi and BBC is still fresh. Netflix only acquired broadcast rights not production so they are not bound to ensure the movie meets certain criteria neither will they be liable for production issue
2. TIFPI is known to have taken up causes against even the FG to court and obtained judgement, the lastest being against the AGF and NDDC.
3. I agree they are registered. I've confirmed that.
4. I think I've answered your point with number 2. They have lawyers and do approach the court on issues.
5. The family intend to have their rights pursued obviously which is why they contacted the rights advocate group. And Livingstone Wechie is a lawyer actually.

Very well then.

The onus is on us to sit back, wait for the release of the movie, see if the families get to sue and watch for the outcome of the proceedings.

Least that way, we'll get to learn further than we already know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Khafi Preaching Against Premarital Sex In Throwback Video / Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? / Halyna Hutchins: See Last Photo Of The Woman That Was Shot By Alec Baldwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.