Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie (36223 Views)

Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere / Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 26, 2023
Born2Breed:
May their souls continue to rest in peace.

The most useless frat will remain the fedora wearing guys and I won't mention Ur name cos who know, knows.

Your own set your own up and he is still free.

One small girl connived with the wife to murder your top man in an Airbnb room, and the culprits are enjoying the man's wealth with another man and the girl is doing pageantry in the cell and living in jail like a celebrity.

What are you going on about? You sound like a rottweiler on steroids.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by maasoap(m): 10:32am On Jan 26, 2023
francis5051:
Allow them do the movie.. is only a character your sons are not really involved
Lionize:
It depends on how the narration goes in the movie. Story must be told.

Dumb people everywhere. Story must be told without contacting family members for permission and if given, to obtain credible information for the movie?
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:45am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

Very well then.

The onus is on us to sit back, wait for the release of the movie, see if the families get to sue and watch for the outcome of the proceedings.

Least thay way, we'll get to learn further than we already know.
Exactly.
And my point is what Linda is doing is obviously both illegal and immoral.

The lady is too crooked and greedy a human being. I hope she doesn't meet her comeuppance soon before she gets sense
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by ojex004: 10:51am On Jan 26, 2023
Peter obi order thr killing then
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Peterobifailed: 10:54am On Jan 26, 2023
Nwadu:

You will begin to feel a severe headache at exactly 6pm today... That is the beginning to your end.. farewell
haaa lol 😂 na Ogun go murd your Dad,mom, siblings na unknown gunmen go waste your bloods
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Darkjudge24: 11:27am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:
So Linda & Co made a movie on this incident without seeking the permission of the traumatised parents of the guys burnt to death? shocked

How about somebody beat and burn to death that Linda's only son, Jason or what's his name and then I go make a movie about it without considering her trauma or/and seeking her permission? undecided

Nigerians will always tag Buhari as evil and the personalization of everything that's wrong with this country. But the vast majority of Nigerians are desperately evil.. For them, money comes 1st, and any other thing or person can go to hell sad

So of all the things Linda & Co had to try to cash out from, it is that horrible incident that the family of those guys are trying as much as possible to forget?..After cashing out from immortalizing the terror these parents are trying to hard to bury, so Linda can comfortably go to sleep while these people are forever reminded by her movie of a a terror best forgotten?

How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?
history is always there for people to discern from and movies help to make it real and also help others to follow the story so for that i will not conderm the film but the producers should try and meet the families for peace to reign.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Born2Breed(f): 11:41am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

What are you going on about? You sound like a rottweiler on steroids.

You are sounding more like a rabid local breed on heat that has lost its senses.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2023
Born2Breed:

You are sounding more like a rabid local breed on heat that has lost its senses.

LMAO!

You sound really bitter. Who hurt you?
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nwadu: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2023
Peterobifailed:
haaa lol 😂 na Ogun go murd your Dad,mom, siblings na unknown gunmen go waste your bloods

When the headache starts ... Ee go shock you
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by ComeToJesus: 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2023
Linda suppose get sense. She should respect the sensitivity of the bereaved families.

Common sense suggests that at least, you get to inform the parents that in order to create awareness and forestall a recurrence of such barbaric event, you intend to make a movie highlighting this social ill.

Additionally, a portion of the intended proceeds should have been pledged to create awareness against jungle justice and thuggery in our communities.

You shouldn't profiteer from the blood of the slain and the grief of their survivors.

Linda no think this one well. As na normal Igbo babe, she just wants to cash out. Sick!
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Born2Breed(f): 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

LMAO!

You sound really bitter. Who hurt you?

Time for your medications. Run along now!!
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by BRATISLAVA: 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:
So Linda & Co made a movie on this incident without seeking the permission of the traumatised parents of the guys burnt to death? shocked

How about somebody beat and burn to death that Linda's only son, Jason or what's his name and then I go make a movie about it without considering her trauma or/and seeking her permission? undecided

Nigerians will always tag Buhari as evil and the personalization of everything that's wrong with this country. But the vast majority of Nigerians are desperately evil.. For them, money comes 1st, and any other thing or person can go to hell sad

So of all the things Linda & Co had to try to cash out from, it is that horrible incident that the family of those guys are trying as much as possible to forget?..After cashing out from immortalizing the terror these parents are trying to hard to bury, so Linda can comfortably go to sleep while these people are forever reminded by her movie of a a terror best forgotten?

How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?

If The Crown went ahead, what do you think will happen?
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by OgaTheTop2: 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:

Well said. I suddenly remembered the incident and I felt so bad...So bad mehn. The parents of the deceased would have to pass through another bout of trauma that hasn't been easy to live with. Must everything be about money in this country?. Mehn, those handsome boys sad Damn.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by IamAsiri: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2023
francis5051:
Allow them do the movie.. is only a character your sons are not really involved

Really? shocked
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by syntekelite(m): 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2023
...Meaning the movie will be filled with half-baked stories and misconceptions.. a true life story is an autobiography, without consulting the families&friends there is no way she could have gotten the true facts e.g the beginnings of the boys, their type of lifestyle,what really led to the unfortunate and sad incident..e.t.c.. very poor judgement on Linda's part and will definitely be a terrible film without much substance just like her so called blogging which depends on sensationalism..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Lamanii22(f): 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
This is the first time I’m hearing about this incident….
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by HaneefahRN(f): 2:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
That's very callous of them
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by XAUBulls: 2:45pm On Jan 26, 2023
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by XAUBulls: 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

This is a devil's advocate-angle... and I don't think it holds much water.

The fact that she kept publishing spin-offs from the event doesn't mean she had genuine personal sympathies. She's a blogger! She was making money off a trending story.

From events past, Linda has shown that she can be truly cold & insensitive to other people's feelings. She would publish any story so long as it's a story and "juicy."

These are people's lives, for crying out loud!

I have no respect for her kind of blogging!

Ruining people!

Let people tell their stories or share their secrets themselves.

The fact that people in general love to read about the stories, miseries & whatnot of other people doesn't mean it's a good thing putting people's lives out there in that manner.
This movie she went on to produce is quite unnecessary in my opinion.

ALUU-4 wasn't a hidden event.

She's not uncovering anything.

The families have reconciled the events and moved on with their lives, their grief in their bag.

Why reopen those wounds?
Indeed.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Yankee101: 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2023
You profit from people’s pain and give nothing to the families left behind
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by maasoap(m): 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:

Wizard of knowledge. All the movies you watch you think they were all acted with consent? So long as no real name was mentioned, it could as well pass for a fiction.

Bala baba blu, i hail you. See as your sense dey overflow.

Silly master. Fire on!

Whatever happens under the sun must be talked about, with or without your consent. The only issue here is that it is being used as a money-making venture, and to such a large audience.

Mr didn't know before that this is part of why you need to seek permission before you use personal life story of others to make money. Shocking!

Someday if someone writes or acts a story of the most notorious armed robber in Nigeria who uses a Volkswagen car and a Peugeot, then he goes to Mid-western Nigeria to seek consent. All the stories you've heard in this life nobody consulted anybody before you heard them. History is unforgiving.[quote]
Somebody is trying too hard to be logic grin grin grin. Logic doesn't suit you, just quit being logic,.

[quote] If they can stop her and netflix, by all means they should do. But if not, life goes on. I hope the boys were not cultists too We learn from history every day. No occurrence, no matter how pleasant or awful, pleases 100% of humanity.

No wonder! You didn't even an idea about this incident!

Even when an armed robber faces firing squad, though it is televised without the consent of his people, his people feel terrible about it and the memory never leaves them. But on the other hand, it entertains and cautions the public.

Please stop, your analogy and logic is absurd to say the least. Who associates with criminals?

NB; It will disgust me if they are seeking to be let in on the share of the proceeds from the movie.
It is their story to tell, their story to trade if they are willing to.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by maasoap(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:

Wizard of knowledge. All the movies you watch you think they were all acted with consent? So long as no real name was mentioned, it could as well pass for a fiction.

Bala baba blu, i hail you. See as your sense dey overflow.

Silly master. Fire on!

Whatever happens under the sun must be talked about, with or without your consent. The only issue here is that it is being used as a money-making venture, and to such a large audience.

Mr didn't know before that this is part of why you need to seek permission before you use personal life story of others to make money. Shocking!

Someday if someone writes or acts a story of the most notorious armed robber in Nigeria who uses a Volkswagen car and a Peugeot, then he goes to Mid-western Nigeria to seek consent. All the stories you've heard in this life nobody consulted anybody before you heard them. History is unforgiving.
Somebody is trying too hard to be logic grin grin grin. Logic doesn't suit you, just quit being logic,.

If they can stop her and netflix, by all means they should do. But if not, life goes on. I hope the boys were not cultists too. We learn from history every day. No occurrence, no matter how pleasant or awful, pleases 100% of humanity.

No wonder! You didn't even an idea about this incident!

Even when an armed robber faces firing squad, though it is televised without the consent of his people, his people feel terrible about it and the memory never leaves them. But on the other hand, it entertains and cautions the public.

Please stop, your analogy and logic is absurd to say the least. Who associates with criminals?

NB; It will disgust me if they are seeking to be let in on the share of the proceeds from the movie.
It is their story to tell, their story to trade if they are willing to.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Sleekfingers: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2023
Linda should do the necessary.....

And lastly , may Aluu community never know peace.....their children will all die violently like those 4 guys murdered.....
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by millstone(m): 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:

Imagine the efforts they must have gone through to suppress the mental trauma until this stupid act of greed
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by litaninja(m): 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lol. No one needs to consult you for any consent.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by tarantino1: 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lamanii22:
This is the first time I’m hearing about this incident….

Are you an imported Nigerian? 🤔 This stuff was in the news everywhere back in 2012
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Lamanii22(f): 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
tarantino1:

Are you an imported Nigerian? 🤔 This stuff was in the news everywhere back in 2012
lol 😂…. I didn’t hear about it I was 16 or so that year
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by tarantino1: 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lamanii22:
lol 😂…. I didn’t hear about it I was 16 or so that year

No be excuse cos I even young pass you too 😂

Four news from that year I can never forget

DANA crash
Aluu 4
Massive flooding everywhere
And a rich girl who lured to an hotel by two guys who later raped and killed her. I think her name was Cynthia.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Lamanii22(f): 4:49pm On Jan 26, 2023
tarantino1:

No be excuse cos I even young pass you too 😂

Four news from that year I can never forget

DANA crash
Aluu 4
Massive flooding everywhere
And a rich girl who lured to an hotel by two guys who later raped and killed her. I think her name was Cynthia.

I remember the rest you just mentioned, I didn’t know how I missed on that allu 4 news… I don’t forget things like that though…

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Maysdevices(f): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
This are sad memories to the parents. The incident affects everybody who has a conscience. The parents can sue. Reminding me of the event still got me more angrier. Nothing has changed since the unfortunate incident.
That the person that set those boys up is still a fictional character and yet unaccounted for alone is saddening.
It is a story best forgotten indeed

Reliving the pure anger I felt for those boys that year, I can only imagine how their parents feel.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Maysdevices(f): 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
shegzhkn:
Feels like yesterday, imagine the sheer terror those kids felt in their final moment.
So so sad

One of the most tragic stories of our time.

These are the kind of things that breeds revenge in one’s heart.

If it were my brother, that village would have been burnt to the ground even it takes me a million years, that community will never stand again.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by shegzhkn: 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2023
Maysdevices:
So so sad

One of the most tragic stories of our time.

These are the kind of things that breeds revenge in one’s heart.

If it were my brother, that village would have been burnt to the ground even it takes me a million years, that community will never stand again.

They were failed by their society, violence and revenge achieves nothing though, trying to put things in the past could help in the healing process but may prove very difficult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Khafi Preaching Against Premarital Sex In Throwback Video / Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? / Halyna Hutchins: See Last Photo Of The Woman That Was Shot By Alec Baldwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.