Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (118689 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Janssen: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2007
And now let us all remember, that "other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." My works, my prayers, my tears, cannot save me; the blood, the blood alone, has power to redeem. Sacraments cannot save me. Nothing but the blood of Jesus has the slightest saving-power. Oh, you that are trusting in baptism, confirmation, or the Lord's Supper (for salvation), nothing but the Blood of Jesus can save. I care not how right the ordinance, how true the form, how Scriptural the practice; it is all a vanity to you, if you rely in it to save. God forbid that I should say a word against ordinances, or against holy things; but keep them in their places. If you make them the basis of your soul's salvation, they are lighter than a shadow. There is not — I repeat it again — the slightest atom of saving-power anywhere but in the blood of Jesus. That blood has the only power to save. The Blood stands out the only rock of our salvation.

It must save alone. Put anything with the Blood of Christ, and you are lost; trust to anything else with it, and you perish.

, Charles H. Spurgeon.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Janssen: 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2007
So jealous is Christ of His honour, that anything you put with Him, however good it is, becomes, from the fact of your putting it with Him, an accursed thing. And what is it that thou wouldst put with Christ? Thy good works? What! wilt thou yoke a reptile with an angel, yoke thyself to the chariot of salvation with Christ? What are thy good works? "filthy rags"; and shall filthy rags be joined to the spotless righteousness of Christ? It must not be. Rely on Jesus only, and thou canst not perish; but rely on anything with Him, and thou art as surely damned as if thou shouldst rely upon thy sins. Jesus only — this is the rock of our salvation.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Janssen: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2007
Christ must save, and Christ alone.I have dwelt upon the efficacy of His Blood; but no tongue can ever speak of its worth. I pray that God the Spirit may lead some of you to put your trust simply, wholly, and entirely, on the Blood of Jesus Christ. See the Saviour hanging on the Cross; turn your eye to Him, and say, "Lord, I trust Thee; I have nothing else to trust to; sink or swim, my Saviour, I trust Thee." And as surely, sinner, as thou canst put thy trust in Christ, thou art safe. He that believeth shall be saved, be his sins ever so many; he that believeth not shall be damned, be his sins ever so few, and his virtues ever so many. Trust in and in Jesus only!

"My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesu's Blood and Righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesu's Name;
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

=====================================
"Just as I am, without one plea
But that Thy Blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bid'st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come."
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2007
na wa for these pple o shocked
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2007
@ebos,

How body? I was hoping to leave you some time to sort out some issues so we don't keep marking time on one spot. But a quick review of your latest replies:

ebos:

The Catholics has the Jerusalem Bible, but the Protestants reform the bible in 16th Century and removed some of the facts that would have backed Catholic teachings. The motive of that was to give wrong impression that Catholic teachings are not biblical, hence deceiving those that would continue to fall for their traps. They are interested in making money and not the word of God.

Well, ask yourself two simple questions here:

(a) has ANY Protestant in this thread or other threads on Catholicism asked YOU or any Catholic for money since we started discussing on these issues?

(b) if Protestants are not interested in the WORD of God, (i) who have been appealing that we all go back to the Bible - Catholics or Protestants? (ii) and who have been screaming that the Bible is only a "guide" and trdaitions must be emphasized in its place?

I think it's unfair that you keep making unfounded alleagtions against people just to score a point for Catholics - that's not quite a healthy thing to do, ebos.

ebos:

Christ said that His Church must be one, and today no other church can claim that oneness except Catholic Church.

Even so, we all know that the Catholic Church suffers from internal conflict as every other denomination also experiences. So, this idea that such "d.isunity" supports Catholicism as being from Christ is a weak inference to make.

ebos:

Go to Luke 1 vs 9 where Zechariah was burning incense when the Angel Gabriel came to him. The Protestants have continued to rewrite that verse by saying the Angel Gabriel came to Zechariah not at the time of the Incense. What is their motive? It is just to condemn Catholic Church from burning incense, and to ask them to show any biblical backing for it. In next 6 years, every Protestant bible will have it that the Angel Gabriel came to Zechariah – not at the time of the incense. Just mark my word.

Where have Protestants made the assertion that you allege, ebos? At least, I use the KJV often, and here is what Luke 1:9-11 says:

"According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense
    when he went into the temple of the Lord. And the whole multitude of the
    people were praying without at the time of incense. And there appeared
    unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense."

Where have Protestants done what you're accusing them of, ebos? Wetin happen with you all of a sudden? undecided

ebos:

They are the ones twisting bible to soothe their evil motives.

May God Have Mercy on them.

Amen - only if you can be calm and humble enough to please adduce evidence for your allegations.

Regards.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2007
Janssen:

Christ must save, and Christ alone.

Abeg helep us sound am to our dear friends. grin

- - -

Carlosein:

na wa for these people o shocked

Wetin happen again? Make we call ambulance for you? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2007
Sancta Maria, Regina Caeli, ora pro nobis, Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2007
@ebos,

ebos:

The Woman in Revelation 12 is no other person than Mary

Pilgrim, you are getting everything wrong. Truly, I said the dragon was Satan, and remember I pointed out also that the dragon used Herod to unsuccessfully kill the Child. So, my point is that the dragon could appear in many forms - all working for the same purpose. The dragon could use Israel to accomplish its goal. I used Herod in my explanation in a paragraph, while Israel in another paragraph. We know that Herod was not a dragon but he was used by dragon (Satan) – and so could be likened to dragon. You can even call your fellow human being Satan when he’s up to evil desire. This does not mean the person is the Satan rather Satan has taken over his heart. Jesus asked Peter “Get thou behind me Satan.” This didn’t mean Peter was Satan, but Satan had taken position in his heart.

Please don't dribble round your mistakes, because you've been sounding really inconsistent in your rejoinders - and that was why I initially was reluctant to reply your post on Revelation 12, just to give you time enough to recap and edit as necessary. Even so, you can't apply your explanation to the statement you made as "quote"The Jews (Dragon or Herod) "unquote". That would make it look like "The Jews" are the "Dragon" and at the same time "Herod" - for it is meaningless to have placed the latter in parenthesis if you didn't mean it that way.

ebos:

We don’t see Satan physically, but human beings come to you in form of Satan. No physical devil had attacked Israel. I have not heard it before.

I hear. Even at that, you can't interpret the "dragon" in Revelation 12 to have been "the Jews" or "Herod", for Scripture clearly identifies the Dragon to be the Davil in Revelation 20:2.

ebos:

So your explanation that the dragon had tried many times to wipe Israel (the mother of the Child) is baseless. The devil can only attack the angels, and the angels are also able to see Satan and fight back. If the dragon had attempted to wipe Israel, such dragon must come in human form and not physically. So, Israel or Herod played the role of this dragon and tried to kill the Child when He was born.

A fine way of twisting inferences, and yet arrive still further from reality. If the Dragon was trying to use Israel to kill the child when He was born, how come the same dragon was said to have been persecuting the same "woman" (Israel) when he did not succeed? Did Revelation 12 tell you that the "woman" tried to kill the man Child? If not, how come you're trying to force your ideas into my rejoinder and yet sound evr so confused on it? grin

No, ebos - I don't think you've done enough to deflate my inference. You're simply trying to attack my point, but not reason out issues. And as long as you take that path, you will continue to arrive at nothing - thus, making it easier to deflate your own arguments! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2007
@Pilgrim,

Yes, Protestants have filled my box asking for money. grin Do you want me to mention their names? It's not proper to do so - that's childish to mention their names hence the mails came to me privately and it will remain so. They are claiming to have a Church project, kind of that. grin Could it be 419? I don't know but I have to keep secret what came to me secret.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2007
I think you're just being cheeky here, ebos. . and no wahala, because anyone could make the same claim as you've made above. The one kweshun wey I ask, you never answer. See again:

(a) has ANY Protestant in this thread or other threads on Catholicism asked YOU or any Catholic for money since we started discussing on these issues?

No vex, I no ask you about your mailbox - rather, "IN this thread" was my question. I deliberately asked you like that, because I had the premonition that you would desperately go to your mailbox and make some fantastic claims.

Anyway, make I continue to get busy. Wana sing. . .? grin

Angels are singing You are worthy O LORD. . , You are worthy O LORD.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2007
Carlosein:

Sancta Maria, Regina Caeli, ora pro nobis, Amen.

You no go pray for yourself? Abi wetin dey block your prayers from reaching the throne of grace? Your prayers no fit reach God unless your submit am to Mary? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2007
sancta maria, spes nostra, ora pro nobis.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2007
Pilgrim, I said yes in this thread, they have demanded for money from me grin

Finally for today

With your explanations on Rev. 12, I now understand you have accepted my points, but you are finding it a bit difficult to accept. It’s such a pity. You now lack words - an indication that you have admitted my ever true interpretation.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2007
Gloria Patris et Filio et Spiritui Sanctus, sicut erat in principio et nunc et sempe et in saecula saeculoru, Amen.

All the above is nothing new, remember Areaus, Martin Luther, etc.

I tell you, nothing new.

ebos, you can remain here till "thy kingdom come, all you get is more thoughtless, irrational rejoinder which neither edifies you nor the posters.

but soothe yourself man.

Domiina ut sit! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2007
The official title of the pope is "Vicarius Filii Dei", which translated is, "Representative of the Son of God". To confirm, the Catholic newspaper Our Sunday Visitor of April 18, 1915 wrote: "The engraved letter on the pope's Mitre is as follows: 'Vicarius Filii Dei '". Since in Latin certain letters have numerical values, we only need to add them up to come to 666.
[End of Days]

http://www.worldslastchance.com/full_article.php

e be like say ebos don sign blood convenant. shakes head and weeping.

Jesus, lover of my soull, most merciful, most gracious, i pray that you use your might to redeem my brothers with whom we have tried to make them see the light of your love and work of th cross which they hav rendered of no effect, that you dont allow your work on calvary to go in vain and be lost on them in Jesus name. I pray that you appear to them in the visions of the night and speak that word which is unique to every man or grant that life changing experince which you know will just be sufficient to turn their hearts towards you and return all glory and honour to you alone.

Please, Christ, deliver them from the shackles of the beast in Rome and the LovePeddler of Revelation in the Vatican so that they will com to know that you are more than enough for them in Jesus' name. AMEN!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2007
@ebos,

ebos:

You also pointed out that they delivered Jesus to the Gentiles because of Jesus statements. Please, try to pray for wisdom so that the Holy Spirit will guide and help you understand the bible. Don’t get it literally. The gentiles had no hand in Jesus crucifixion, though Jesus Christ died for all mankind whether Gentiles, Jews or whatever. When Jesus said they delivered Him to the gentiles – He was referring to those who never believed in the Name of the Messiah (Jesus), and these Jews were referred as gentiles.

There is no place in the Bible where Jews were ever called Gentiles - whether or not the believed in Jesus Christ. The WORD of God as inspired by the Spirit of God never makes the kind of interpretation that you're submitting now and disregarding the clear fact that Jesus mentioned Gentiles and did not confuse them for unbelieveing Jews.

ebos:

Please don’t get me wrong here, I understand that the Jews were different from the gentiles but for the purpose of Jesus remarks at that point in time – He was referring to the Jews who were hell bent to get Him killed. You understand that Jesus taught in parables and you need to be guided by the Holy Spirit to understand His teachings. The bible made it clear that it was the Jews that killed Jesus. Pilate who was not a Jew, he even said he found nothing against this man (Jesus) that the Jews should go and judge Him according to the law. Pilate tried his best to get Jesus released but the Jews shouted crucify Him, crucify Him. So, I don’t need to explain to you that it was the Jews that killed Jesus. Pilgrim don’t argue this very clear evidence.

Good to know that you acknowledge that Pilate was not a Jew. Now please go back to Scripture and help your own argument see the point that Pilate was indeed involved in the crucifixion of Christ. Here are a few:

Acts 4:27 & 28

"For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed,

both AHerod, and BPontius Pilate, with Cthe Gentiles, and Dthe people of Israel,

were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel
     determined before to be done."

Gather the facts:   A. Herod
                             B. Pilate
                             C. the Gentiles
                             D. the people of Israel.

Do you still have arguments again? grin

ebos:

As you said, the Dragon was not able to kill the Child because He was "caught up unto God, and to his throne" (Rev. 12:5). This simple means that the Power of God was with the Child
because the angel came and told Joseph in his dream the plan of this dragon (Herod) and they fled to Egypt to avoid those that sought the life of the Child. The question now, who wanted to take away the Child’s life? It was Satan. Now, did Satan come to kill the Child physically? No, it was through Herod. So Herod was now the dragon because Satan filled his heart with evil.

Bros, why turning arand? grin  The case is simple - Egypt is not Heaven!! In the Gospels, Joseph took the child and His mother to Egypt; but in Revelation 12:5, the child did not flee into Egypt but was caught up unto God and unto His throne!

The problem you have here is that you fail to see that Revelation is prophetic - that's why it speaks to us in symbols rather than a narration of the Gospel events. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2007
@ebos,

ebos:

Let me ask you again - this dragon came to kill this Child in what form? Remember, Rev. Chapter 12 said that the dragon also sough to kill the Child and not only the mother. You only said the dragon attacked the mother of this Child which you claimed to be Israel, but you have not said how the dragon came against this Child. Could you explain it?

Indeed, I did not initially mention the Dragon's attack against the man Child - and I also stated that my initial response was a sketch and not detailed, since we are looking more at the "woman" in Rev. 12. You had interpreted that woman to be the Catholic Church (correct me if I'm wrong); and my point was that it could not be so.

Now as concerning the child, we read that the Dragon "stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born" (vs. 4) This is clearly indicative of what the Dragon had intended - and we know from vs. 5 that he failed, because the man Child "was caught unto God". Of course, that was a summary of the events that took place between His birth and His ascension; and it would not be narrowed to just the incidents at the time when He was born. As I pointed out above in Acts 4:27 & 28, it was not just Herod and the Jews that sought to come against Christ; but rather we read there that Herod, Pilate, the Gentiles and the people of Israel were all "gathered against" Christ.

So, it is quite unhealthy to suppose that the events in Revelation 12:4 & 5 were narrowed to just between Herod and the Jews - unless one would have to ignore Acts 4:27 & 28.

ebos:

To summarize it all, the Mother of this Child was Mary and not Israel. So, Israel (Herod) was used by Satan (dragon) to get the Child killed, but didn’t succeed.

C'mon ebos. . .lol.  grin  What is the meaning of "Israel (Herod)" -- are you saying "Israel" was "Herod"? Why are you still confusing issues for yourself?

Again, I've asked you to look at Romans 9:4 & 5 in order to understand the prophetic identity of the "woman" in Revelation 12. That woman was a nation, not an individual called Mary. Here are the verses:

"Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants,
          and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers,
          and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen."

What sayest thou, ebosgrin

Enjoy again O!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2007
@ebos,

ebos:

Pilgrim, I said yes in this thread, they have demanded for money from me grin

I hear you, bros. . I hope you head safe if you mistake call the wrong people.

ebos:

Finally for today

I envy you. . . me I still busy and go work late! tongue

ebos:

With your explanations on Rev. 12, I now understand you have accepted my points, but you are finding it a bit difficult to accept. It’s such a pity. You now lack words - an indication that you have admitted my ever true interpretation.

Hahahahaha. . .hehe. .hohohohahah!! grin grin You no go kill me with laff, ebos! You just wish say I agree with you - but take a look again at my rejoinders and see if "green" resemble "purple"! I no fit laff finish!

Okay, I "agree" with you - on the basis that your points have been deflated, abi? Take heart - the woman is not Mary; and Egypt is not heaven! grin

We go yan tomorrow!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2007
Carlosein:

ebos, you can remain here till "thy kingdom come, all you get is more thoughtless, irrational rejoinder which neither edifies you nor the posters.

We know - the thoughtless, irrational rejoinders coming from your camp have not really been edifying either ways - and perhaps that's the reason for soliciting Mary's prayer on your behalf? No worry, Mary sidon her own jejely. . she no get matter solve for your wahala. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2007
This is what the catholic church believes:

We believe in God the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.

And in Jesus Christ, His only son our Lord. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified died and was buried.

He descended into hell, the third day he rose again from the dead, he ascended into heaven where He is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the ressurrection of the body and life everlasting

Need i say more.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mrpataki(m): 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2007
Carlosein:

We believe in God the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.

And in Jesus Christ, His only son our Lord. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified died and was buried.

He descended into hell, the third day he rose again from the dead, he ascended into heaven where He is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the ressurrection of the body and life everlasting

Need i say more.

No need to say more.

We know these are the mascara tools for covering the idolatry that goes on in the Catholic dynasty.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 7:58am On Sep 20, 2007
Here are samples of the blasphemous claims and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church:
"The priest has the power of the keys, or the power of delivering sinners from hell, of making them worthy of paradise, and of changing them from the slaves of Satan into the children of God. And God himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priests, undecided The Sovereign Master of the universe only follows the servant by confirming in heaven all that the latter decides upon earth. " Liguori, "in the Duties and Dignities of the Priest", pp. 27, 28

"Thus the priest may, in a certain manner, be called the creator of his Creator, since by saying the words of the consecration, he creates, as it were, Jesus in the sacrament, by giving him a sacramental existence, and produces him as a victim to be offered to the eternal Father, The power of the priest, is the power of the divine person; for the transubstantiation of the bread requires as much power as the creation of the world." Saint Bernadine of Sienna
"Priests are the saviors of the world." Saint Jerome : http://www.worldslastchance.com/full_article.php see # 9

The Roman Catholic Church, the beast and the LovePeddler revealed in revelation.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2007
Carlosein:

. . .

Need i say more.

You presented that which is not obvious to the careful reader. The 'beliefs' you outlined did not say anything about Mariolatry, about the woman of Revelation 12 erroneously interpreted as Mary by the Catholic Church, nor about the fact that Catholics pray to Mary and even refer to her as "the savior of the people of Rome".

You want to shed some light on these other Catholic beliefs as well? smiley

Cheers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:48am On Sep 20, 2007
Na wao
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by soldee: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2007
Dear Non-Catholics,

Your passion about Christianity is appreciated, in fact we continue to pray for you all.

But please, could you be so polite as to create your own thread? The Catholic Faith is so vast and all encompassing, and there is so much to share with fellow Catholics, we dont need undue aggression.

We have the right to our faith, we have a right to peace, WE HAVE CHOSEN, LET GOD BE THE JUDGE.

If your choice of faith is so satisfying, then I'm sure there are lots of interesting issues you would like to share withyour kind. Create your own thread, we wont even go there. It will be all for you.

There is not much you can do about the 1.2 billion catholics in the world who have CHOSEN MARY AS THEIR MOTHER.

The ant will alwayls attack the leg of the elephant and claim to be making progress, meanwhile in reality, it is still on the leg of the elephant that the ant covers the so many miles he boasts of and which he could normally never have covered.

Nuff said!

Dear Beloved Catholics can we please make the effort put one Hail Mary on every page of this thread? This prayer seems to aggravate the devil. Lets drive him back to Hell!!!

I remain,
Proudly Catholic!! wink
Catholic for Life!!!!!!! wink
Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary!!! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by soldee: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2007
Hail Mary,

Full of Grace,

The Lord is with you,

Blessed are you among women,

And blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus

Holy Mary,

Mother of God,

Pray for us sinners,

Now, and at the hour of our death,

Amen
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2007
@soldee,

soldee:

Dear Non-Catholics,

Your passion about Christianity is appreciated, in fact we continue to pray for you all.

But please, could you be so polite as to create your own thread? The Catholic Faith is so vast and all encompassing, and there is so much to share with fellow Catholics, we don't need undue aggression.

Please dear Catholics, let's see you grow up! Excuse the fact that I'd have to be rigorous with you guys here with the same complaints; but HOW MANY Catholics have yet said anything about your Pope denouncing other Christians? Did you consider that an "aggression" and decided to swallow it because he sits at the Vatican to offer a sanctimonious 'grace' that can't deliver any soul? Why is it that just about anytime people seek to discourse and dialogue on issues affecting EVERY Christian, you Catholics take it like a direct "attack" on the Catholic faith? How many non-Catholics have been sent to their untimely graves because the Catholic Council felt itself to be the untouchable master of other Christians's destinies simply because they wouldn't swallow the stuff spewing out of the Vatican?

This hyperventilations about "we Catholics are being attacked" should be reserved for the whimpering sessions behind the scenes. We have been cordial enough to leave you the other thread to share about your concerns and Mariolatry as best suits you - and you have largely abandoned it only to come here and keep shlepping the same caterwauls about leaving this thread for "us Catholics". Go over to the other thread: "For Catholic Faithfuls" and do with all pleasure what blesses your heart! This is the link: "For Catholic Faithfuls" - please go there and let's see more mature minds discourse issues here.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2007
soldee:

We have the right to our faith, we have a right to peace, WE HAVE CHOSEN, LET GOD BE THE JUDGE.

That should have been practiced during the years when Catholics were busy killing non-Catholics because they sought to believe what the Bible teaches rather than the defenceless traditions of Catholicism.

soldee:

If your choice of faith is so satisfying, then I'm sure there are lots of interesting issues you would like to share withyour kind. Create your own thread, we wont even go there. It will be all for you.

You won't go to threads discussing issues affecting Christians as a whole, because you have nothing to contribute and are only interested in "Catholicism" instead of "Christianity". No worries.

soldee:

There is not much you can do about the 1.2 billion catholics in the world who have CHOSEN MARY AS THEIR MOTHER.

And there's nothing the Catholic Church can do about over 1 billion Muslims who are a result of a Catholic monk schooling Muhammad. If you want a well-articulated debate on that, ask for it!

soldee:

The ant will alwayls attack the leg of the elephant and claim to be making progress, meanwhile in reality, it is still on the leg of the elephant that the ant covers the so many miles he boasts of and which he could normally never have covered.

Thank you. So who are the "ants" and who the "elephants"? This is why your response would only make some of us to be quite rigorous in responding to such kinds of insinuations. If you care to be cordial to other Christians, you would refrain from using such backyard remarks.

soldee:

Dear Beloved Catholics can we please make the effort put one Hail Mary on every page of this thread? This prayer seems to aggravate the devil. Lets drive him back to Hell!!!

Lol. . . I no fit laugh. I always read in every page of this thread that the devil has been defenceless and has always cried out that she's being "attacked" by Protestants who ask that we go to the Bible for answers on the issues here! grin

So, what's next - shall we take a look at the murder of a poor man because his crime was that he said "Praise be to GOD" rather than "Ave Maria"? Everytime you post the "Ave Maria" on any page, remember to ask who's work Catholics were doing for condemning a poor man whose crime was simply to "praise God".
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by soldee: 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2007
@Pilgrim

Try this: Spend your energy on Love.

Love your God
Love your neighbour
Love your enemy

Pray for those who vex you

Forgive those who offend you not seventy times, but seventy times seventy, even when they have not asked forgiveness.

Dont waste your energy hating people for sins God has already forgiven. They may be making progress towards him while ure not! Instead by hating, you're aiding the devil. Love, then do what you will!

Do not generalise. Treat each person on their own merit. God loves each person as much as he loves you, no more, no less.  He doesn't need you to fight his battles. One word from him can wipe out all Catholics from the world.

You hate muslims too? 1.2 billion + 1 billion, thats 2.2 billion! Out of the worlds total population of 6 billion!! Hmmmmmmm! Please ask God to do with them as he pleases, though I'm sure he's already doing that without your permission.

Dear Pilgrim, try love

Love conquers all.

Love your God above all things
Love your neighbour as u love yourself
Love your enemy, yes, as much as you love yourself
I pray Jesus fills your heart with love, amen

I remain,
Proudly Catholic!! wink
Catholic for Life!!!!! wink
Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2007
@soldee,

Thank you for that recommendation - that I should spend my energy on love. Infact, that is a mere reminder - and I asked you earlier if you wanted me to reply to your previous post line by line - you no answer that one

Now what is love? Did you make the same recommndation to the Vatican when they denounced non-Catholics as not true Churches? Is that love?

Did the Catholic remember to love the souls they murdered for just being non-Catholics and instead choosing to seek God by simply looking into the Bible? Is it not the same Catholic Church that put a schoolmaster to death for simply saying "praise be to GOD" instead of "Ave Maria"? Is that not some "love" you should rather be spending time on, soldee?

Now, it is also interesting that you have been "loving" us Protestants - by calling us "ants" by suggestive language; also inferring that we are "devil" who are disturbed whenever you post "Ave Maria" on each page of this thread. No wahala, we are experiencing your "love" and we admire how much energy you spend to make such insinuations about others before seeking to advise me. The problem is that I'm unable to spend my energy "loving" people by calling them "ants" and "devils" - do you have a better recommendation, please?

Talking about Love conquering all - who know: Catholic love has "conquered" her enemies. . . hehe! grin Great and sober ideas they had for dealing with those whom they "conquered" - either burnig them on the stake; putting them to death by the sword, or hanging them. . . so that today, you have only expressed this Catholic "love" by calling others "devils" and "ants". grin I hear you!

I remain, yours faithfully, a Protestant Christian who fears nothing from the Vatican to remind the Catholics to wake up and get done with their hypocrisy!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by soldee: 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2007
@Pilgrim

Try Love.

Dont waste your energy hating people for sins God has already forgiven.

Love your God above all things
Love your neighbour as u love yourself
Love your enemy, yes, as much as you love yourself

People are finding God every second and they are not reporting their progress to you. Take a look at your Report Card. Are you already the best you can be? Are you next to God in goodness and holiness? Are you sinless? No? Not yet? Then spend you energy perfecting yourself.

Think, is there anything good that has come your way today? Thank God for it. Burn your energy praising and thanking him. Dwell on your love for him this very moment with all your heart, then let him choose your next step. Follow this rule everyday and u'll find urself walking THE WAY!

I pray Jesus fills your heart with love, amen

For me, I will love my dearest MOTHER who is the

Daughter of the Father
Mother of the Son
Spouse of the Spirit

All hail the Mother of Mercy. I pray for the grace to continuously imitate her virtues, amen

I remain,
Proudly Catholic!! wink
Catholic for Life!!!!! wink
Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary   grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2007
soldee

Dominus Vobiscum, well what else can we say but:

Act of charity:O my God, because you are so good, i love you above all things and for your sake i love my neighbour

(includding pilgrim and co) as myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.