Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,223 members, 7,846,057 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (119195 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 7:03pm On May 01, 2008
Lindiwe:

hope you guys are enjoying the break like i'm doing!
it's been a great day so far as i had the opportunity to attend mass and would be going for the 5pm May devotion in the parish! and the rosary, i am loving it! cheesy tongue kiss

have fun guys!

Happy workers' day!

wish i can say d same, sad
been in the office since 7.30 am, seems i will still be here for a while cry cry
will appreciate if you all can say hail Mary and Our Lord's prayer before noon for me moro for a special favour
many thanks!!
gnite
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 10:09am On May 02, 2008
~Lady~:

Thank you so so muc. God Bless you

God Bless everyone!!!

oh you're so so welcome cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 10:36am On May 02, 2008
~Lady~:

WOW!! I didn't even know you could do that. I am learning new things on this thread daily. Thank you.
I too struggle to say the rosary prayer and the thing is I know how powerful it is.
I try to memorise the mysteries. It's hard for me.
Can we pray it without the actual mysteries? Can we substitute our intentions for the mysteries? I was told that we could, but not too sure about it.

I also didn't know how special the month of May is (even though it's my birth month) and especially May 1st. I have to pray all five decades of the rosary tomorrow and hopefully even more.

well we all struggle to pray the rosary and that infact is one of the reasons it's so efficacious (imagine telling your spouse or loved ones "i love you" over and over again) for us that should be very repetitive and boring but the angels, saints and the Godhead revel in it.

as for the mysteries, the prayer generally known as the "rosary" is really just one of many and consists of chaplets (five chaplets with five mysteries depicting events in the life of our Lord and His Mother). it is a meditative prayer and we are to meditate on the individual mysteries after the prayers are said.

several variations allow us to meditate on passages in the gospels other than the stipulated mysteries, i.e the biblical rosary as used by the medical missionaries of mary (MMM) sisters, or some virtues of the saints and ask God's help to acquire them, especially virtues we are lacking.

the most important rule lady, is to know and acknowledge that God is indeed our father and to talk to Him as such. hence in our conversations with Him (prayer) we should strive to make Him the focus and ensure we grow in His love. therefore any method or means one explores to get closer to God is alright as long as it achieve it's aim. so you can vary your mysteries following any rules you like as long as it uplifts you, but quite frankly i think there can be no new method to this mosst hallowed prayer, it is just that you haven't laid your hands on one existing method whice suites you. ask around your catholic shops and booksellers you'd be surprised what you find.

finally, if it's just a case of having to remember the mysteries, you could use some aid like leaflets available in catholic bookshops. they are small and light and you can take them anywhere and use them anytime. or you can simply copy out the mysteries on a small piece of paper and have it handy when you pray.

good luck with praying and pray for me while you are at it grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:38am On May 02, 2008
Today's Saint

St. Athanasius (295?-373)  

Athanasius led a tumultuous but dedicated life of service to the Church. He was the great champion of the faith against the widespread heresy of Arianism. The vigor of his writings earned him the title of doctor of the Church.

Born of a Christian family in Alexandria, Egypt, and given a classical education, Athanasius entered the priesthood, became secretary to Alexander, the bishop of Alexandria, and eventually was named bishop himself. His predecessor, Alexander, had been an outspoken critic of a new movement growing in the East—Arianism.

When Athanasius assumed his role as bishop of Alexandria, he continued the fight against Arianism. At first it seemed that the battle would be easily won and that Arianism would be condemned. Such, however, did not prove to be the case. The Council of Tyre was called and for several reasons that are still unclear, the Emperor Constantine exiled Athanasius to northern Gaul. This was to be the first in a series of travels and exiles reminiscent of the life of St. Paul.

After Constantine died, his son restored Athanasius as bishop. This lasted only a year, however, for he was deposed once again by a coalition of Arian bishops. Athanasius took his case to Rome, and Pope Julius I called a synod to review the case and other related matters.

Five times Athanasius was exiled for his defense of the doctrine of Christ’s divinity. During one period of his life, he enjoyed 10 years of relative peace—reading, writing and promoting the Christian life along the lines of the monastic ideal to which he was greatly devoted. His dogmatic and historical writings are almost all polemic, directed against every aspect of Arianism.

Among his ascetical writings, his Life of St. Anthony achieved astonishing popularity and contributed greatly to the establishment of monastic life throughout the Western Christian world.

The hardships Athanasius suffered in exile, hiding, fleeing from place to place remind us of what Paul said of his own life: “[O]n frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my own race, dangers from Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers at sea, dangers among false brothers; in toil and hardship, through many sleepless nights, through hunger and thirst, through frequent fastings, through cold and exposure. And apart from these things, there is the daily pressure upon me of my anxiety for all the churches” (2 Corinthians 11:26—28).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:40am On May 02, 2008
hello Carl, how was the holiday break.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:40pm On May 02, 2008
hey wir is everyone i dey greet o, viee how now, you mean sey u went to work yesterday? well nothing spoil as far as you made it to mass at the same time.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 8:58pm On May 02, 2008
well we all struggle to pray the rosary and that infact is one of the reasons it's so efficacious (imagine telling your spouse or loved ones "i love you" over and over again) for us that should be very repetitive and boring but the angels, saints and the Godhead revel in it.

as for the mysteries, the prayer generally known as the "rosary" is really just one of many and consists of chaplets (five chaplets with five mysteries depicting events in the life of our Lord and His Mother). it is a meditative prayer and we are to meditate on the individual mysteries after the prayers are said.

several variations allow us to meditate on passages in the gospels other than the stipulated mysteries, i.e the biblical rosary as used by the medical missionaries of mary (MMM) sisters, or some virtues of the saints and ask God's help to acquire them, especially virtues we are lacking.

the most important rule lady, is to know and acknowledge that God is indeed our father and to talk to Him as such. hence in our conversations with Him (prayer) we should strive to make Him the focus and ensure we grow in His love. therefore any method or means one explores to get closer to God is alright as long as it achieve it's aim. so you can vary your mysteries following any rules you like as long as it uplifts you, but quite frankly i think there can be no new method to this mosst hallowed prayer, it is just that you haven't laid your hands on one existing method whice suites you. ask around your catholic shops and booksellers you'd be surprised what you find.

finally, if it's just a case of having to remember the mysteries, you could use some aid like leaflets available in catholic bookshops. they are small and light and you can take them anywhere and use them anytime. or you can simply copy out the mysteries on a small piece of paper and have it handy when you pray.

good luck with praying and pray for me while you are at it

Thank you

Hello everyone.
Hope your weekend goes GREEEEAAAAATTT!!!!!!

God bless
love u all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 02, 2008
Thought for the weekend:

An ironist is best understood when he is misunderstood; for he only understands misunderstanding.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 5:51pm On May 03, 2008
just to remind every one to join the church in the novena to the Holy Spirit and May devotion
may we continue to find favour with God as we adore the Holy Spirit and honour our Lady!

have a great weekend!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 8:35am On May 05, 2008
Urti dentro per dire ciao a voi tutto il Oby, Carlosein Viee, Lindiwe, Imohtep, Pamperme, signora e tutti i nostri nuovi membri sono altamente benvenuti.

Sono realmente felice di vedere questo filetto muovermi avanti. Mantengalo in su. Il dio di maggio li aiuta tutti a partecipare completamente per questa devozione di maggio.

Grazie tutto per le vostre preghiere per il mio mum, io si è sentito che sta ottenendo più meglio, benchè, ancora nell'ospedale. La storia sarebbe stata differente se Satan fosse riuscito - il mio fratello più anziano che stava andando all'ospedale la fattura ha avuto un incidente. Lo hanno celato al mio mum ed inoltre mi sono sentito che sta ottenendo migliore e sarebbe scaricato in qualunque momento da oggi.

Better Explained Below:

Bump in to say hi to you all O[b]by, Carlosein Viee, Lindiwe, Imohtep, Pamperme, Lady, and all our new members [/b]are highly welcome.

I’m really happy to see this thread moving ahead. Keep it up. May God help us all to participate fully for this May Devotion.

Thanks you all for your prayers for my mum, she is getting better, though, still in the hospital. The story would have been different if Satan had succeeded – my elder brother who was going to the hospital to clear the hospital bill had an accident. They concealed it to my mum and he is getting better and would be discharged anytime from now.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 8:36am On May 05, 2008
Not much browsing and trading these days and it would be so for a while. No much access. Bye and see you all later, hopefully, soonest.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by DaJunta(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2008
Join me in Thanking Jesus and Mother Mary,
I cant stop Thanking Jesus and Mother Mary for
saving me from a fatal car crash last week.
The guy beside me broke his arm and leg while i came out with just a scratch.

Glory to Jesus now and forever ; Honour to Mary

[size=16pt]JESUS I TRUST IN YOU[/size]
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:34am On May 05, 2008
Da Junta:

I can't stop Thanking Jesus and Mother Mary for

[size=16pt]JESUS I TRUST IN YOU[/size]

House i say HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and i hope we all had a nice weekend and we thank God for another week again.

Hello Junta you are highly welcome in our midst.
May God be exalted he is called the miracle working God and he never fails on that. May his name be praised forever
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:45am On May 05, 2008
ebos:

Urti dentro per dire ciao a voi tutto il Oby, Carlosein Viee, Lindiwe, Imohtep, Pamperme, signora e tutti i nostri nuovi membri sono altamente benvenuti.

Sono realmente felice di vedere questo filetto muovermi avanti. Mantengalo in su. Il dio di maggio li aiuta tutti a partecipare completamente per questa devozione di maggio.

Grazie tutto per le vostre preghiere per il mio mum, io si è sentito che sta ottenendo più meglio, benchè, ancora nell'ospedale. La storia sarebbe stata differente se Satan fosse riuscito - il mio fratello più anziano che stava andando all'ospedale la fattura ha avuto un incidente. Lo hanno celato al mio mum ed inoltre mi sono sentito che sta ottenendo migliore e sarebbe scaricato in qualunque momento da oggi.

Better Explained Below:

Bump in to say hi to you all O[b]by, Carlosein Viee, Lindiwe, Imohtep, Pamperme, Lady, and all our new members [/b]are highly welcome.

I’m really happy to see this thread moving ahead. Keep it up. May God help us all to participate fully for this May Devotion.

Thanks you all for your prayers for my mum, she is getting better, though, still in the hospital. The story would have been different if Satan had succeeded – my elder brother who was going to the hospital to clear the hospital bill had an accident. They concealed it to my mum and he is getting better and would be discharged anytime from now.

mine Oh! mine Ebos na u?  Bros na wao wir u come go since

So so sorry about your brother and thank God for saving him and also thanking God for mum too.  No mind that pig headed Satan very stubborn useless thing wey no know e mate, but thank God he failed and he has always been a failure.

So glad to hear from you.

Abeg which language b that one, na Lebanon language grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:51am On May 05, 2008
My sisters how una dey naw
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:56am On May 05, 2008
Carlosein beta tell us wir pamperme is o, shuoo getting 2 almost 2 weeks if not more than and she is not back? Report immediately grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 12:07pm On May 05, 2008
Today's Saint

St. Hilary of Arles (400-449)

It’s been said that youth is wasted on the young. In some ways, that was true for today’s saint.

Born in France in the early fifth century, Hilary came from an aristocratic family. In the course of his education he encountered his relative, Honoratus, who encouraged the young man to join him in the monastic life. Hilary did so. He continued to follow in the footsteps of Honoratus as bishop. Hilary was only 29 when he was chosen bishop of Arles.

The new, youthful bishop undertook the role with confidence. He did manual labor to earn money for the poor. He sold sacred vessels to ransom captives. He became a magnificent orator. He traveled everywhere on foot, always wearing simple clothing.

That was the bright side. Hilary encountered difficulty in his relationships with other bishops over whom he had some jurisdiction. He unilaterally deposed one bishop. He selected another bishop to replace one who was very ill-but, to complicate matters, did not die! Pope St. Leo the Great kept Hilary a bishop but stripped him of some of his powers.

Hilary died at 49. He was a man of talent and piety who, in due time, had learned how to be a bishop.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 12:20pm On May 05, 2008
Lindiwe:

just to remind every one to join the church in the novena to the Holy Spirit and May devotion
may we continue to find favour with God as we adore the Holy Spirit and honour our Lady!

have a great weekend!

Yes o, thanks for reminding us. Today is the 4th day of our 9 days pentecost novena and today's prayer point is " COME, HOLY SPIRIT, AND RENEW THE FACE OF THE EARTH - Transform society by the power of your Spirit (Mk 16:16-20)
Intercede: For the "Culture of Life" born by the Spirit, to penetrate Society-in the world, in government, in your continent, in your nation.

Other prayer points.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 5:34pm On May 05, 2008
hello people, it's been somewhat calm in here safe for Oby who's been doing a good job all day holding fort, kudos sis  wink wink wink

Ebos, it's good to hear from you again, we were beginning to wonder if you were in the space ship that recently left planet earth  grin grin
your mum would be fine, just believe that! as for your brother, God knows why the accident happend, please entrust him into God's loving care and into the maternal bossom of Mother. worry no more!  wink wink
you can always count on our supoort no matter how small!

let's always remember each other in our prayers, and viee please don't forgot to include me in your prayers as you crown our lady with those numerous beautiful roses from the Holy Rosary!
I said the hail mary you requested for at the dot of noon that very day!  wink

May devotion continues  - both collectively and individually, don't miss out!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 5:38pm On May 05, 2008
imhotep:

Thought for the weekend:

An ironist is best understood when he is misunderstood; for he only understands misunderstanding.

WORD!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 5:45pm On May 05, 2008
Da Junta:

sure, the united hearts of Jesus and Mary ought to be everywhere loved and adored!

Da Junta, stick to these wonderful hearts, and your life would continue to be a living testimony! welcome brother! wink wink

Mater amabilis, ora pronobis
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 5:50pm On May 05, 2008
Oby1:

My sisters how una dey naw

sup oby, seems work stress is catching up with a lot of us, because we dey like say we no dey! God dey sha, anyhow!

i can see you're online, holla back if you can! wink wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:53pm On May 05, 2008
hello sis.  i dey jo  smiley
how work?

I'm trying 2 round off to see if i can make it 2 evening mass, today is your mass of thanksgiving.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 5:55pm On May 05, 2008
Bump in to say hi to you all Oby, Carlosein Viee, Lindiwe, Imohtep, Pamperme, Lady, and all our new members are highly welcome.

I’m really happy to see this thread moving ahead.  Keep it up.  May God help us all to participate fully for this May Devotion.

Thanks you all for your prayers for my mum, she is getting better, though, still in the hospital.  The story would have been different if Satan had succeeded – my elder brother who was going to the hospital to clear the hospital bill had an accident.  They concealed it to my mum and he is getting better and would be discharged anytime from now

How are you dear, noticed you've been missing for a  while. I thank God for your mother and your brother. God is ever merciful to us. I will keep you and them in my prayers.

I can't stop Thanking Jesus and Mother Mary for

JESUS I TRUST IN YOU

All glory and honour and praise be God forever.

have a great weekend!

Yes o definitely. I am always happy when I learn new things about the faith. I didn't even know about this novena until I went to Mass on Sunday and found out that I had missed two days already, I made sure I went the third day and will continue going.

May the Lord send down His Spirit upon us and instill in us a great zeal for God. May His Spirit heal us and those who do not believe. May His Spirit heal his church from the wounds of sexual abuse. May His Spirit heal the world and help us turn away from this sexually crazed society.

Carlosein,
I have been praying the Rosay tirelessly and I am very happy. Today I have prayed 15 decades already and ready to pray some more. It gives me a peace I cannot describe. I took advantage of an opportunity to pray it on the bus and as I was standing waiting for the bus I encountered two young ladies and two elderly women. The young ladies have a respect for God and longing for him but do not live thier life pleasing to him. As I was praying they were talking and I could hear them speak about how they want to do the right thing. One especially went to Church this past Sunday and having been away for a while she cried and wants to go back. Her brother is incarcerated also and it saddens her. I prayed for her and her brother right then and there and I told the other young lady about the Rosary prayer as I was praying and I shared with her the Sorrowful mysteries. I could tell she was a bit uncomfortable (she's heard so much about the Catholic faith) but she wanted me to pray anyway. So I sat with her and prayed.
I pray that the Lord touch her and turn her to himself. And I am asking you all to pray for them too. I could tell they  have a longing for God. So please pray for them. Ask for peace in their lives.
Thank you.

May The Lord be with you all as your day continues. Amen
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:59pm On May 05, 2008
oby, lindiwe, ebos, ~lady~, da junta (welcome onboard), and all others just said i shud quickly holla you guys
b4 i run away cos if i don't leave now i prob. will not get home at all today
(i didn't get home on friday had to sleep at a cousins place despite i left at six)

take care and God bless.

Lindiwe:

Mater amabilis, ora pronobis

amen! sis cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:02pm On May 05, 2008
~Lady~:

Carlosein,
I have been praying the Rosay tirelessly and I am very happy. Today I have prayed 15 decades already and ready to pray some more. It gives me a peace I cannot describe. I took advantage of an opportunity to pray it on the bus and as I was standing waiting for the bus I encountered two young ladies and two elderly women. The young ladies have a respect for God and longing for him but do not live their life pleasing to him. As I was praying they were talking and I could hear them speak about how they want to do the right thing. One especially went to Church this past Sunday and having been away for a while she cried and wants to go back. Her brother is incarcerated also and it saddens her. I prayed for her and her brother right then and there and I told the other young lady about the Rosary prayer as I was praying and I shared with her the Sorrowful mysteries. I could tell she was a bit uncomfortable (she's heard so much about the Catholic faith) but she wanted me to pray anyway. So I sat with her and prayed.
I pray that the Lord touch her and turn her to himself. And I am asking you all to pray for them too. I could tell they have a longing for God. So please pray for them. Ask for peace in their lives.
Thank you.

May The Lord be with you all as your day continues. Amen

that's it sis keep it up and we'll join you in praying for those pple. take care.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:09am On May 06, 2008
Today's Saint

Sts. Marian and James (d. 259)

Often, it’s hard to find much detail from the lives of saints of the early Church. What we know about the third-century martyrs we honor today is likewise minimal. But we do know that they lived and died for the faith. Almost 2,000 years later, that is enough reason to honor them.

Born in North Africa, Marian was a lector or reader; James was a deacon. For their devotion to the faith they suffered during the persecution of Valerian.

Prior to their persecution Marian and James were visited by two bishops who encouraged them in the faith not long before they themselves were martyred. A short time later, Marian and James were arrested and interrogated. The two readily confessed their faith and, for that, were tortured. While in prison they are said to have experienced visions, including one of the two bishops who had visited them earlier.

On the last day of their lives, Marian and James joined other Christians facing martyrdom. They were blindfolded and then put to death. Their bodies were thrown into the water. The year was 259.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:20am On May 06, 2008
~Lady~:

Carlosein,
I have been praying the Rosay tirelessly and I am very happy. Today I have prayed 15 decades already and ready to pray some more. It gives me a peace I cannot describe. I took advantage of an opportunity to pray it on the bus and as I was standing waiting for the bus I encountered two young ladies and two elderly women. The young ladies have a respect for God and longing for him but do not live their life pleasing to him. As I was praying they were talking and I could hear them speak about how they want to do the right thing. One especially went to Church this past Sunday and having been away for a while she cried and wants to go back. Her brother is incarcerated also and it saddens her. I prayed for her and her brother right then and there and I told the other young lady about the Rosary prayer as I was praying and I shared with her the Sorrowful mysteries. I could tell she was a bit uncomfortable (she's heard so much about the Catholic faith) but she wanted me to pray anyway. So I sat with her and prayed.
I pray that the Lord touch her and turn her to himself. And I am asking you all to pray for them too. I could tell they  have a longing for God. So please pray for them. Ask for peace in their lives.
Thank you.

Here goes a missionary!
Good work sis, may our Lady refuge of sinners sustain your efforts in the wonderful work of evangelisation! as usual, you'll always have our prayerful support!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:28am On May 06, 2008
Carlosein:

oby, lindiwe, ebos, ~lady~, da junta (welcome onboard), and all others just said i should quickly holla you guys
before i run away because if i don't leave now i prob. will not get home at all today
(i didn't get home on friday had to sleep at a cousins place despite i left at six)

take care and God bless.

amen! sis cheesy

My hands dey up bros grin how work naw
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:49am On May 06, 2008
it pains me so much that i can't join in the communal devotion in honour of the Holy Spirit and Mother Mary. cry
sometimes i wish i didn't have to work; i feel i'm chasing after vanities and allowing little room for the more essential things of this life.
but then i remember our Lord Jesus telling us that our work, school, etc. are little alters where we could adore Him and shower Him with the love He so desires from us.
and we are told also that 'to work is to pray'

Lord, i all i ask of thee is the grace to do your will! Sometimes, it could be confusing!

have a great day people
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:56am On May 06, 2008
Lindiwe:

it pains me so much that i can't join in the communal devotion in honour of the Holy Spirit and Mother Mary. cry
sometimes i wish i didn't have to work; i feel i'm chasing after vanities and allowing little room for the more essential things of this life.
but then i remember our Lord Jesus telling us that our work, school, etc. are little alters where we could adore Him and shower Him with the love He so desires from us.[/b]and we are told also that [b]'to work is to pray'

Lord, i all i ask of thee is the grace to do your will! Sometimes, it could be confusing!

have a great day people

All he needs is for us to do good works whereever we find ourselves and also importantly our daily prayers. You are not chasing after vanity is just the nature of your job. You might not be there physically,but spiritually you are there, so cheers grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 4:02pm On May 06, 2008
guys check out Mother's promises (15 of them!!!) to those who shall devoutly recite the holy rosary! gosh what are we still waiting for!

1. Whoever shall devoutly honour me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive special graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful weapon against evil; it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to desire for eternal things.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to reciting the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion to the Holy Rosary is a great sign of predestination

Our Lady is just too much!

"why others blasphem thee, i'll love and bless your name"

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.