Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (119178 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:09pm On May 06, 2008
Mummy is too much, wht about Daddy wonderful, marvelous the mighty God the everlasting father, the prince of peace

Lindiwe dear how are you?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:10pm On May 06, 2008
hey Lady,
what can i say?
the greatest commandment is to love our neighbour as ourself
cant imagine a beta way of showing love
kip it up!
as Carlosein said, we will rem them in our prayers too
glad to knw the 'Carl rosary therapy' is working for u too grin
great smiley

Uncle Carl, where u kip Pam?

Ebos, plz plz, come back!
missed u men! wink
glad to knw Momsie is getn beta,
as fro ur bro, forget d devil gara gara, he will always be put to shame!
abeg drop by, u hia

Lindiwe, thnx Sis for the prayer wink
rily appreciate
how hv u been?
how Alams? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:14pm On May 06, 2008
Lindiwe & Oby,

when we call someone Mother of all, we aint making mistakes abi smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:15pm On May 06, 2008
Uncle Carl, where u kip Pam?

shey i have bn asking Carl abt pam's whereabout e dey dorge d question, thank God viee don ask you too  grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:17pm On May 06, 2008
Lindiwe:

it pains me so much that i can't join in the communal devotion in honour of the Holy Spirit and Mother Mary. cry
sometimes i wish i didn't have to work; i feel i'm chasing after vanities and allowing little room for the more essential things of this life.
but then i remember our Lord Jesus telling us that our work, school, etc. are little alters where we could adore Him and shower Him with the love He so desires from us.
and we are told also that 'to work is to pray'

Lord, i all i ask of thee is the grace to do your will! Sometimes, it could be confusing!

have a great day people

you are very correct!
to work is to pray
imagine the diff it will make if we all understand this much
the type of improvement we will notice
still wish i can get more tym to actually go to Church more
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:20pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

Lindiwe & Oby,

when we call someone Mother of all, we aint making mistakes abi smiley

We aint making any mistake, its correct.  If you are talking of Mummy, she said it herself that all not few o, all generation shall call me blessed.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:21pm On May 06, 2008
Oby i see as the guy cary dorge dat kwesun ooo
he jus do eye lik say he no see am angry
bia, Carlosein Nairaland, where is Pamperme? ? ?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:23pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

you are very correct!
to work is to pray
imagine the diff it will make if we all understand this much
the type of improvement we will notice
still wish i can get more time to actually go to Church more

viee you know at times, i feel like not leaving d presence of God, especially at the blessed sacrament.
Its a thing of joy to know God, not just knowing him, but knowing him deeply.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:27pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

Oby i see as the guy cary dorge that kwesun ooo
he jus do eye lik say he no see am angry
bia, Carlosein Nairaland, where is Pamperme? ? ?

grin grin grin operation produce pamperme or , grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:29pm On May 06, 2008
Oby1:

viee you know at times, i feel like not leaving d presence of God, especially at the blessed sacrament.
Its a thing of joy to know God, not just knowing him, but knowing him deeply.

yes o
i feel u on that. . .
the peace cannot be described
i wish Carlosein was able to get me to be attending daily Masses before he left sad
i always struggle to wake up each morn
thesedays, i even attend evening Mass at St Leo's Ikeja on sundays instead of my Parish here,
imagine
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:36pm On May 06, 2008
this Carl work no be small tin ooo
the guy jus dey appear only for nite
when we don comot
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:37pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

yes o
i feel u on that. . .
the peace cannot be described
i wish Carlosein was able to get me to be attending daily Masses before he left sad
i always struggle to wake up each morn
thesedays, i even attend evening Mass at St Leo's Ikeja on sundays instead of my Parish here,
imagine

Carlosein you don b superman for Jesus o, i dey imagine how God take seat for him throne dey smile down on you, na u biko grin
Weekdays early morning mass is also a problem to me except Sunday's which i know is compulsory for me to rise early to Mass.
But you know this our flesh is the greatest enemy we have, may God help us to have more advantage over our flesh.

vieeeee hey! how you go leave St. Mary's start to go so far as St. Leo, you go sey you wan excercise or say more of your Rosary b4 u reach  grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:38pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

the guy jus dey appear only for night
when we don comot

e need am, you know see say d wedding don dey reach grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:42pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

the guy jus dey appear only for night
when we don comot

Na so naw, e need am, you no see sey d wedding don dey reach grin wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 4:43pm On May 06, 2008
viee & oby,
is as if your minds were carefully woven into the fabrics of mine, cos you seem to be saying exactly what's on my mind.
i for one cherish quiet times in front of the blessed sacrament, but when i look back and find out it's been a while i visited Christ alone in the terbanacle, it aches my heart.

I remember how my worries and desires would all dissappear as soon as i sit quietly in the silent church and gaze at Jesus present in the terbanacle, what a marvelous feeling it gave me!

I can't even do that here! God help me!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:45pm On May 06, 2008
Oby1:

vieeeee hey! how you go leave St. Mary's start to go so far as St. Leo, you go sey you wan excercise or say more of your Rosary before u reach  grin

lol!
my dear, na laziness dey worry me. . .
my salon is beside St Leo's so i use one stone to kill 2 birds. . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 4:49pm On May 06, 2008
I don't think weekday masses have ever been a problem for, well that was in Lagos not here. I always attend evening mass at Falomo on my way home, and if i hppen to work late, i'll leave for mass and return back to the office after mass.

Sometimes, my colleagues and i would even attend the mid-day mass before doing lunch.
The holy spirit opened my heart to the essence of daily masses through a friend back in school then, since then i've never underestimated daily masses

Viee,
i was about saying you've been missing in action on the thread,
did you get my text yesterday? i tried calling to no avail. guess it was our network here.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:51pm On May 06, 2008
Lindiwe:

viee & oby,
is as if your minds were carefully woven into the fabrics of mine, because you seem to be saying exactly what's on my mind.
i for one cherish quiet times in front of the blessed sacrament, but when i look back and find out it's been a while i visited Christ alone in the terbanacle, it aches my heart.

I remember how my worries and desires would all dissappear as soon as i sit quietly in the silent church and gaze at Jesus present in the terbanacle, what a marvelous feeling it gave me!

I can't even do that here! God help me!

Don't feel bad, God who searches the hearts of all, knows how you feel.
But you can also have your quiet time when you want to retire to bed, by then it will be very quiet, just take 10-15 minutes, you can get a crucifix, the diamond type, switch off your light and it will shine in the darkness, look on to it, in the silent of the night, it helps you to meditate as if you are in d blessed sacrament.  Try it.  The Lord is our strength.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:52pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

lol!
my dear, na laziness dey worry me. . .
my salon is beside St Leo's so i use one stone to kill 2 birds. . .

See this girl grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:57pm On May 06, 2008
Lindiwe:

I don't think weekday masses have ever been a problem for, well that was in Lagos not here. I always attend evening mass at Falomo on my way home, and if i hppen to work late, i'll leave for mass and return back to the office after mass.

Sometimes, my colleagues and i would even attend the mid-day mass before doing lunch.
The holy spirit opened my heart to the essence of daily masses through a friend back in school then, since then i've never underestimated daily masses

wish i can do that!
im so so not a morn person and i can only attend Mass in the morn weekdays sad sad

Lindiwe:

Viee,
i was about saying you've been missing in action on the thread,
did you get my text yesterday? i tried calling to no avail. guess it was our network here.

no i didnt get it
u knw network na d master grin , decides when to work and when not to
abeg do quick leave Bayelsa, dat party neva commot frm my mind since cheesy

Oby1:

See this girl grin

wetin i do naw? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:58pm On May 06, 2008

Evening mass is no problem, but d time of closure from the office.  
Lindiwe hope you have not bn posted finally to Bayelsa, because you sound so.

My sister u understand, may God grant us the Grace always to follow.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:02pm On May 06, 2008
Oby1:

Don't feel bad, God who searches the hearts of all, knows how you feel.
But you can also have your quiet time when you want to retire to bed, by then it will be very quiet, just take 10-15 minutes, you can get a crucifix, the diamond type, switch off your light and it will shine in the darkness, look on to it, in the silent of the night, it helps you to meditate as if you are in d blessed sacrament. Try it. The Lord is our strength.

thats a good one too
also since we all hv access to the internet most times
this site: www.savior.org
is a great place to be
the Blessed Sacrament is displayed on that site 247 via a webcam
absolutely intresting
it also hv diff prayers, to aid one
i hvnt been there in a while sad
will hv to visit it more often, at least 30 mins everyday
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:03pm On May 06, 2008

no i didnt get it
u knw network na d master grin , decides when to work and when not to
abeg do quick leave Bayelsa, that party never commot frm my mind since cheesy

Na true o, Lindiwe hurry up grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 5:21pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

abeg do quick leave Bayelsa, that party never commot frm my mind since cheesy

you self know say if them say make i leave in the next second, i wouldn't even hesitate or look back! Lag don hungry me die!

Oby,
It's my greatest desire to leave Bayelsa for good., if they ever dream of leaving me here, that means i'll just resign, unless God says otherwise.
Anyway, we don't have an office here, so they can't even zhink of zat! wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:22pm On May 06, 2008
Oby & Lindiwe

a couple of days of days back
my bro and i were in a 'flashback' mood
so we started singing ibo Mass songs grin
it was so good we cldnt stop!
i just realized how much i miss attendin Mass in the villa/east
Glory to God, the Apostles Creed, etc being sang in ibo is wow. . .  .lovely
funny tin, i neva loved / appreciated it back then

been a while since i last went to the East
but im sure whne next i trvl, i will make the most it, even attend Mass daily sef
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:27pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

Oby & Lindiwe

Glory to God, the Apostles Creed, etc being sang in ibo is wow. . . .lovely
funny tin, i never loved / appreciated it back then

but im sure whne next i trvl, i will make the most it, even attend Mass daily sef

Is only Hail Mary i can say in Ibo, other prayers i dey chop mouth grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:29pm On May 06, 2008
Oby1:

Is only Hail Mary i can say in Ibo, other prayers i dey chop mouth grin

roflmao grin grin grin grin
ha, i been think say u be ' nwa ada ' sef angry grin
haba! i was almost inviting u to come and dine with the elders! shocked
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:34pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

roflmao grin grin grin grin
ha, i been think say u be ' nwa ada ' sef angry grin
haba! i was almost inviting u to come and dine with the elders! shocked

grin grin grin shey i no know wen i leak my mouth o.
i know dey play with Ibo language especially my own native language grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 5:36pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

Oby & Lindiwe

Glory to God, the Apostles Creed, etc being sang in ibo is wow. . .  .lovely
funny tin, i never loved / appreciated it back then

viee i very much agree with you!
I so much cherish attending mass in the east. The choristers are wonderful, the songs - marvellous and worth dying for! I think Catholicism is stronger at home!
I remember the first time i attended mass in FUTO, i learnt the credo (in igbo) that very day, beacuse it was beautifully sang!

I love the way they say the prayer of the faithful, the response is always sang by the choir and not recited.

The priests are wonderful! i mean, every aspect of the eucharistic celebration is so enjoyable! there's never a dull moment!, guys you need to witness it if you haven't. Though in essence and value, it's the same here in Lag but when it comes to styles, it's incomparable!

They don't even use the noisy band they use in some parishes here in Lag. I so much hate it when choir acquire band for use during mass. It robs the songs of their very beauty.
In the east they still use the simple local instrument, and they produce heavenly and solemn sounds!

Viee, infact you're the best for awakening this lovely memory in me.
Beacuse of that, i shall visit Owerri by God's grace this weekend and attend mass at the cathedral. Bishop Obinna is God sent and quite inspiring! kiss kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:43pm On May 06, 2008
Lindiwe:

I love the way say the prayer of the faithful, the response is always sang by the choir and not recited.

now that is one part that i just love!
i rem back in sec sch, my friends n i went for Mass
and it was for abt 5 diff sec schs. . .
mid way my friend dozed off
then it came to the prayer of the faithful, the delivery was a beauty!
time was taken to construct the prayers and compose a song with them
my friend that was sleepn immediately woke up and she was lik: is this happening for real?
till date i still rem the prayers and i still sing them
lovely!

Nwada Oby, dnt worry, i will teach for little fee wink cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:47pm On May 06, 2008
viee:

now that is one part that i just love!
i rem back in sec sch, my friends n i went for Mass
and it was for about 5 diff sec schs. . .
mid way my friend dozed off
then it came to the prayer of the faithful, the delivery was a beauty!
time was taken to construct the prayers and compose a song with them
my friend that was sleepn immediately woke up and she was lik: is this happening for real?
till date i still rem the prayers and i still sing them
lovely!

Nwada Oby, dnt worry, i will teach for little fee wink cheesy

una dey make village dey hungry me to go grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 5:47pm On May 06, 2008
Hello all

viee, Oby1, and Lindiwe, u guys seem to be having fun here o!

I have a question. Aren't all the churches supposed to do the Novena for the Holy Spirit?
My church does it but I am traveling and I looked up the Parishes where I am going and called them and they said no they're not doing the Novenas, I am so disappointed.

I want to move back to Naija ASAP!!!!

You all are making me miss home so much. I haven't even truly experienced what it's like to worship in Niaja. I know it's going to be different. The Parishes here are very lenient. Some things are done and some things are not done. I like my Parish because we always have a Nigerian Priest and a lot of Africans attend it, though it's still a bit lenient. But this new Priest is setting the place ablaze and I'm loving it. We're weeding out those who are not really of God and challenging everyone to be better christians.
If you go across the street, it's a different story o.

I WANT TO COME BACK HOME!!!!! I AM SOOO HOME SICK!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.