Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty (63859 Views)

A Story Of How I Got Deported From Canada(pictures) / 100 Cars Pile-Up, Kill 5, Injure And Trap Many On Texas Highway (Pics) / Helicopter Flying Couple To The Airport For Honeymoon Crashes In Texas (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by syntekelite(m): 11:01am On Feb 06, 2023
Your story even soft.. you go school, graduate, get friends wey dey help with house and lil cash... Get phone, get clothe wey u wear for four years graduate.. if you hear other people story mehn you go know the real meaning of trenches.. @op you no go thru shit so thank God fr ur life...

3 Likes

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by mrksquare: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2023
Enddy50ty:

Can I drop mine too? I'm also interested please.
endy50ty@gmail.com

Sent. Kindly acknowledge receipt.
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Tforcool: 11:35am On Feb 06, 2023
Please, I am interested in the material. My email is tunaxt@yahoo.com
Thank you

quote author=mrksquare post=120678197]

Sent. Kindly acknowledge receipt. [/quote]
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by FireBreatherDam: 11:36am On Feb 06, 2023
Didn't you guys notice that 247Hustler never mentioned the course he studied or his upwork niche? πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ§πŸ€¨πŸ§

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by EngrKemp: 11:39am On Feb 06, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Oh, great question bro. Let me start from my uncle...

In the 90s, he left GA for Nigeria. He saw an advert of Xantrex Engineering inside a magazine and the thought of epileptic power supply back home came to his mind. He resigned as a banker and left for US. He got a job at Walmart. He stopped at a Mexican's paper vendor on his way home, since there was nobody to meet at home so he was just whiling away time with the newspapers. In short, he wrote to xantrex and they said they weren't interested in expanding to Africa and being a new technology,couid be very difficult for him to market their trace inverters in Nigeria.

2 wks later, they reconsidered his interest and wrote to him to join them for 2 weeks training after which he must come to Nigeria to market their products with some demos which he did. His fiends said his village people had prevailed over him because he said he was coming back home. He went to cbn to market it on arrival but they said they had 3 standby gens. When he asked if he could install free demos and they said yes. Some months later,.there was a grid collapse which affected the cbn area. All the 3 generators were overused so they packed up. The directors were in shock after the 3rd gen packed up thinking their IT dept had been affected and data had been lost. On getting there, the solar inverter did the magic, they were so happy they could still keep their data safe. That was what gave my uncle a leap for life.

The CBN invited him to an urgent meeting, they thanked him for saving them from huge data loss and asked him to install the Inverter in all the CBN's branches and offices nationwide. When atm came to Nigeria, the cbn recommended him to all the leading commercial banks. He's a wealthy man today. Xantrex Engineering who once turned down his application for agency invited him to a ceremony as the best global distributor of the year 3 times, beating India, Europe and China. My uncle singly sponsored one of the governors' elections in the country, to describe how rich he was.

My story,I came back home with my own ideas which serve both health sector and the oil and gas in Nigeria today. By God's grace, I'm doing very well. My expertise had taken me to meet with president Obama at the DAR Hall, in DC. I was the only Nigerian in attendance in that gathering in which over 1000 professionals attended from around the globe.

Your moniker suggests to me you know God so, pls Keep praying to Him to reveal to you the hidden riches of secret places. There are opportunities here. Cheers!
Chairman, u just enlarged something in me.
Can I email u?
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by EngrKemp: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2023
Hotice085:

Honestly I wonder how a struggling American in one rural southern part of America go de feel when reading this

Africans still remains in bondage

U don't mean it?

How poor is southern part of USA.

Example of states pls
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by mrksquare: 11:52am On Feb 06, 2023
Tforcool:
Please, I am interested in the material. My email is tunaxt@yahoo.com
Thank you

quote author=mrksquare post=120678197]

Sent. Kindly acknowledge receipt.

Sent
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by EngrKemp: 11:52am On Feb 06, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Well, yes. I can speak for myself and my uncle. None of my friends who did same ever regretted too. Google xantrex engineering, my uncle is the distributor for the west African countries. Engr Seyi Makinde, the oyo state governor isn't known to many today how he made it through oil and gas. He was already a billionaire before becoming governor. He too chose not to stay. After he made it, he kept his family over there while he faced his business squarely.
At least, i know someone who knows him
closely. The list is endless .

If you feel you're comfortable wherever you are, it's fine. Everyone can't come back home. But Nigeria is a fertile land cos I can attest to this. That's my point. Before I came, Indians were dominating our sector. The moment I came, we had a reasonable share of the market. These people would come to Nigeria with one shirt and a pair of trousers but in a few years, they've become multi millionaires in dollars, same as Chinese. Look everywhere, our people are nowhere to be found and this is worrisome.
Chair..
Pls I v been trying to reach u.
Kindly email me on
weteckventures@gmail.com

For mentorship.

Pure mentorship pls .. kindly take it as a give back to society..

Thank u
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by murtaj(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
mrksquare:

Drop your email let me send you a material on how to go about it.
i am also intrested bro, please. Natureowns0@gmail.com
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by EngrKemp: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
Eriokanmi:
What's your discipline pls? Do you have a registered company?

Before I saw this, I had already quoted you.

My discipline is in engineering.
I v a registered company .

Kindly email weteckventures@gmail.com
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by murtaj(m): 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
Congratulations @op the story was captivating i just have to read it for two days.
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by EngrKemp: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
mrksquare:

Drop your email let me send you a material on how to go about it.
weteckventures@gmail.com

Kindly send me the materials too
Thanks
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Slynation(m): 12:50pm On Feb 06, 2023
Mikael0407:

That fellow thinks he knows so much but in reality he's just a clown. He's also very bold to claim he's "out of the country" but laughs at others for taking the same decision he did. A true dumbass if I ever encountered one.
Oh... he's not even in Nigeria πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you can imagine the double standard.

1 Like

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Nwosahnonso(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
;Dont mind him
Slynation:
Oh... he's not even in Nigeria πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you can imagine the double standard.
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Slynation(m): 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
JoeEeL:

[b]That is exactly how d slavemasters want us to reason. I refuse to reason that way.[/b]Travel if you will, but have the bottled anger to know the main culprits behind your woes simple and short.

Same USA took 20b dollars worth of oil unaccounted for last year. Do u know this?

Abeggi... That is una problem. Una no deh learn.
Oshey Rambo of our time πŸ˜‚ I hope you have your fully loaded machine gun with you so you can stop US from stealing our Oil in case of next time...!!

You elect and worship useless leaders and yet wants the citizens not to "throw party" when their Japa is ready right? Just wait until my visa is fully ready, This NL will not contain me and the anti-japa crew...πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

4 Likes

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by larrypourl(m): 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2023
wjames:

No be so oo baba. In 2019, i sold naija used corolla for 700k to 1.2m depending on the condition.Tokunbo na 1.8m to 2m. Muscle was 1.2 to 2m depending on the condition too.
Okay
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Leemekzy: 2:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
Following
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 06, 2023
steadyMoving22:

You mind sharing rhe gigs u did to raise the funds.

yahoo giggs πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by JoeEeL(m): 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
Slynation:
Oshey Rambo of our time πŸ˜‚ I hope you have your fully loaded machine gun with you so you can stop US from stealing our Oil in case of next time...!!

You elect and worship useless leaders and yet wants the citizens not to "throw party" when their Japa is ready right? Just wait until my visa is fully ready, This NL will not contain me and the anti-japa crew...πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Hopefully it works out for u.

1 Like

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by 247Hustler(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2023
FireBreatherDam:
Didn't you guys notice that 247Hustler never mentioned the course he studied or his upwork niche? πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ§πŸ€¨πŸ§
I have answered this question somewhere in one of my responses but people simply read a few pages and jump to ask the same questions.

I studied one of the social science courses, and my Upwork gig was in the Human Resources niche.

I understand why people are so focused on those two but it is important to state that they are not so important. The reason is because: a) one can freelance with any skill as long as they are good at it; b) your undergraduate discipline does not really matter when applying for study abroad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by korm2me(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2023
247Hustler:
The road to America

By the end of March 2022, I have received responses for all my school applications. I have four total offers with one being funded. I was very happy but I decided to keep calm as I have read several cases of people being denied visas at the embassy.

I proceeded to arrange for the payment of my SEVIS and visa fees. I had a little delay with the payment of my SEVIS fee, so I could not pay on time. For this reason, I missed the early dates that were released for the interview. When the money was finally paid, I started looking for interview dates in Abuja. This process was arguably one of the hardest as dates were always not available. After a series of sleepless nights and sleeping on my computer keyboard, I managed to get a date that was a few days to resumption. I picked this date and began my preparation for the visa interview.

When it was two days before my interview, I left Ogun State for Abuja by road. Prior to this time, I have read news of kidnappings on the road. Although the news greatly disturbed me and my loved ones, the flight cost was exorbitant and going for that option would create a big hole in my finances considering my current and future expenses.

I got to Abuja at night and lodged at a guesthouse for two nights. On the day of the interview, I woke up very early and went to the US Embassy at Diplomatic Drive. When I got there, I met other people who were the for the same purpose and I went straight to the front. About an hour later, we lined up and were told to go in after the checks.

Throughout the process, I was so nervous because the stakes were so high. Since I was the first person in the queue, I was also the first person to be interviewed by the visa officer. My interview lasted for less than three minutes and I was approved. I quickly took my files and left the embassy for the guesthouse. Then I called my family and friends to inform them about the good news. It seemed surreal! My visa has been approved and I will be going to America!

A few weeks later, I booked my flight and the travel was scheduled for December. After spending time with my family and loved ones, I departed Nigeria for the United States in December 2022.

Yes, dreams do come true! I hope someone will try again one more time before giving up on life.

You have good writing skills. Your story was inspiring

Yes, dreams do come true! I hope someone will try again one more time before giving up on life.
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Eriokanmi: 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2023
EngrKemp:

Before I saw this, I had already quoted you.

My discipline is in engineering.
I v a registered company .

Kindly email weteckventures@gmail.com
ok

1 Like

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Eriokanmi: 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
EngrKemp:

Chairman, u just enlarged something in me.
Can I email u?
I will respond to your mail smiley

1 Like

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Blesschemical: 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2023
247Hustler:
Risk, risk, and more risk

After two months, I resigned from my new job in June 2020 because I spent all my salary on feeding and transportation without anything left, and returned to my friend’s place in Ibadan. Then I continued my online search for things I could do. This time, I discovered I could do online surveys to earn money to keep afloat. The only problem was that the money was not consistent and our accounts (which were paid for) usually got suspended with money our money it. However, I did make a decent amount of money to the tune of about five hundred thousand (#500,000) through this means and the bulk of it was spent on feeding, data, rent and a few other things. So I had little left.

With the money in my possession, I thought about starting my US but decided to shelve the idea because the money would not be enough and I would have no money left. But as luck would have it, in late 2020, I got another HR job on the Island with a pay of about two hundred thousand naira (#200,000). I took the job and left for Lagos again. The job came with a lot of mandatory expenses which usually left me with little after the expenses. From the little I set aside, I started using what would have been my savings, including the money I borrowed from friends, to finance applications to schools in the US. After about nine months, I resigned from this job again in September 2021 and left Lagos for Ogun State. This was a big risk as I was still expecting decisions on my applications.
OP please tell me more about the online survey. I am interested in it
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by 247Hustler(m): 5:18pm On Feb 06, 2023
Blesschemical:
OP please tell me more about the online survey. I am interested in it
You can't make money from it again. Are you looking for big money or just survival? If it is just survival, I will do a thread on that and you can watch out for it.

2 Likes

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Sprumbaba: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
GreatKingg:
Not before, not now, and will not be forever... You think it's easy for truck drivers to make $40k a month nah him everybody, both the yankee people themselves and all of us never dey drive the truck?... Except you are the truck owner and also the driver, but even at that, you can't make $40k a month cos of expenses and all that.... As a truck driver, you can't just work how many hours as you like.... there are compulsory breaks and rest you must take.... your driving time and everything you do on the truck is being monitored by the company you're driving for... you must take your breaks and rest at the appropriate time... I get men wey dey the truck business, and when I say I get men, nah men wey we dey gather dey steady... so I sabi the business wella.... nah some of them dey even help other naijas to manage their truck biz.... so I know wetin I dey talk.... make una nor mislead people abeg..

You talk too much. Truck driver that owns his truck can make 40k $$ a month.
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by tbred: 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2023
snowland:
I was once in Texas too. PM me, I got some documents to give if you're interested in IT (Big data). Congrats and welcome to the God's own country, land of the free and home of the brave.

Hello Sir , I don't mind you sharing me the documents (Big Data). thoroughbred2088@gmail.com , thanks in anticipation .
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Tforcool: 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
Good evening sir, I have been trying to send you an email here but not getting it.
I studied Petroleum Engineering and I have a registered company. This is my email address is tunaxt@yahoo.com and I will really like to be under your mentorship

Eriokanmi:
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by SirKay3(m): 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
Eriokanmi:

Kindly send to me please. kaadetunji@yahoo.com

Thanks. God bless you indeed
Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by careidon: 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2023
FireBreatherDam:

And he's not under any obligation to do so...
It's not everything he needs to make public because of others.

2 Likes

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by NiceClean: 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2023
[quote author=theamazonguru post=120677054]

The only money I can dash you is to join LaptopLaivestyle on telegram.

It is a group for freelancers, coordinated by Abiola omoalhaja. You can even follow him on Twitter. Guy is a blessing to freelancers.

You will definitely get your bearing, that is if you are ready to put in the works.
Because you will get access to enough materials, Twitter space hangouts, once in a while meetings on zoom: where you get to listen to industry experts invited to motivated other freelancers.

Best of luck.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by Karlifate: 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
gaby:
Wonderful.

Destiny might delay but never can get denied.

I live in Texas, Abuja, too. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) / Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.