Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

A Marriage In Deceit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Marriage In Deceit (38576 Views)

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Marriage In Deceit by Elkidz: 5:57am On Feb 03, 2023
Please I need a good advice on this issue from matured minds.

A friend of mine called me yesterday and was seriously crying that she wants her daughter that just got married to come back.

REASON:
Last year, her daughter of 21 years got married. From the look of things, the marriage was contracted on falsehood.
The man( daughter's hubby) was introduced to the girl by another woman. The young man and his mother presented themselves as very good people. The young man claimed to have money and working in Abuja as "interior decorator" . He made the girl believed that he has money where's he was borrowing to do the the marriage rites.
After the first stage of the traditional rites, he lied to the girl that bank seized his money because someone from abroad sent more than the approved amount (ie. millions) into his account. The girl had to use the little money she received as salary to sort out certain things.

To cut the long story short, marriage was scheduled, on the eve of the wedding (the bridal shower night) , the young man beat the girl blue and black to the embarrassment of everyone present including his own friends, that was how the bridal shower ended with the poor girl crying all throughout the night. This is just because of flimsy excuse, to make matters worst, the girl was some weeks old pregnant which he's aware of.
To worsen the situation, after marriage, the man left the lady in the village with the parents, two days after marriage he travelled for a job, while the girl is left alone in the village without any pocket money and without any job since she's stopped the job she was doing before marriage. She's just Living at the mercy of the guy's parents with the mother treating her like trash.

Please Mod kindly push to the front page, I need matured advice.

14 Likes 9 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Nebes: 6:16am On Feb 03, 2023
We need the other side of the story.

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:
To cut the long story short, marriage was scheduled, on the eve of the wedding (the bridal shower night) , the young man beat the girl blue and black to the embarrassment of everyone present including his own friends, that was how the bridal shower ended with the poor girl crying all throughout the night. This is just because of flimsy excuse, to make matters worst, the girl was some weeks old pregnant which he's aware of.
To worsen the situation, after marriage, the man left the lady in the village with the parents, two days after marriage he travelled for a job, while the girl is left alone in the village without any pocket money and without any job since she's stopped the job she was doing before marriage. She's just Living at the mercy of the guy's parents with the mother treating her like trash.
If the girl is not willing to leave the man and his family, there is nothing the mother can do about it though. undecided

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by StPete: 6:32am On Feb 03, 2023
This story is definitely one-sided and looks like something concocted to paint the guy in bad light. The most probable thing I see from the marriage might be that the lady married the guy because she thought he had money. The family of the girl was also drawn to the guy because they thought he had money

Lemme wait to hear from the guy because this story is embellished to draw pity toward the girl

299 Likes 18 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Elkidz: 7:16am On Feb 03, 2023
But the question is why would the guy present himself as what he's not. He even told the girl after their marriage that whatever lie that he lied to her is to make sure she marry him, so she should deal with it. This is bad for God's sake!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Elkidz: 7:19am On Feb 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If the girl is not willing to leave the man and his family, there is nothing the mother can do about it though. undecided

Yes, the girl is angry with the mother because when she found out the guy was lying and told the mum, the encouraged her to endure since they've already started the marriage rites to avoid shame. Now she's the one calling her to come out.

8 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Elkidz: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2023
StPete:
This story is definitely one-sided and looks like something concocted to paint the guy in bad light. The most probable thing I see from the marriage might be that the lady married the guy because she thought he had money. The family of the girl was also drawn to the guy because they thought he had money

Lemme wait to hear from the guy because this story is embellished to draw pity toward the girl

But the question is why would the guy present himself as what he's not. He even told the girl after their marriage that whatever lie that he lied to her is to make sure she marry him, so she should deal with it. This is bad for God's sake!!

2 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Kobojunkie: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:
Yes, the girl is angry with the mother because when she found out the guy was lying and told the mum, the encouraged her to endure since they've already started the marriage rites to avoid shame. Now she's the one calling her to come out.
Well, there's nothing to be done about it at this point. The girl has to decide for herself whether she has had enough of the marriage or not. I mean if she feels ending up another Osinachi in marriage is the way to go, who can stop her? undecided

17 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 03, 2023
I thought that questions are usually asked about the families one wants to get married to before the marriage to enable them know the true nature of their potential in-laws,has that culture been abolished?

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Kobojunkie: 7:36am On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:
β–  But the question is why would the guy present himself as what he's not. He even told the girl after their marriage that whatever lie that he lied to her is to make sure she marry him, so she should deal with it. This is bad for God's sake!!
1. That's a terrible question to ask. People are meant to properly vet the person they intend to marry for good reason. In this case, the girl discovered the lie in time only greed caused her family to stop it all when they could have. If her family, particularly her mother, is unwilling to at least own up to the part she played in her daughter ending up in this, I think they cannot be of help to her in any way. undecided

Yes, the man may be a conman but they had the chance to pull out before marriage but refused to help her do that. So,before blaming the man, her family must own up to their part in facilitating the supposed scam. undecided

19 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Autobot05: 7:55am On Feb 03, 2023
Didn't they date ??
They thought he had money ??

Ok

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Mindlog: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:

What is stopping the lady from ending the marriage, which starts by leaving the man's family house?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Zonefree(m): 8:40am On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:

So, she married him for his audio money

Her greed don land her for gbese. No retreat No surrender.

51 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Beremx(f): 9:57am On Feb 03, 2023
Zonefree:

So, she married him for his audio money

Her greed don land her for gbese. No retreat No surrender.
your sisters would have done the same too. Why would a man lie about his source of wealth instead of being sincere? Mind you the lady in question wasn't jobless. She had to quit because she was forced to relocate and stay with her in-laws.
Learn how to comprehend before talking nonsense

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Zonefree(m): 9:58am On Feb 03, 2023
Beremx:
your sisters would have done the same too. Why would a man lie about his source of wealth instead of being sincere? Mind you the lady in question wasn't jobless. She had to quit because she was forced to relocate and stay with her in-laws.
Learn how to comprehend before talking nonsense
Did you marry your husband because of his money?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Beremx(f): 10:07am On Feb 03, 2023
Zonefree:

Did you marry your husband because of his money?
he didn't lie to me about his financial status. Zonefree, why would a man lie about being rich when he's not? That should be your concern. Hope you're not lying to your girlfriend you're a millionaire. Because I don't trust you 🀣🀣

23 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Zonefree(m): 10:11am On Feb 03, 2023
Beremx:
he didn't lie to me about his financial status. Zonefree, why would a man lie about being rich when he's not? That should be your concern. Hope you're not lying to your girlfriend you're a millionaire. Because I don't trust you 🀣🀣
To keep a Nigerian girl, feed her with lies. An honest man will find it very difficult to roll with Nigerian girls.

Happy birthday Eberechukwu. may God's blessings never depart from you.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Beremx(f): 10:32am On Feb 03, 2023
Zonefree:

To keep a Nigerian girl, feed her with lies. An honest man will find it very difficult to roll with Nigerian girls.

My name is not Eberechukwu. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I appreciate 😁😁

7 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Tflex01: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2023
The only thing I understand here is that a 21 years old rushed into marriage with a stranger because she thought the guy is wealthy.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by taiwotimitt: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2023
What's the color of this kind wahala again. Besides make sure you do the right thing with your business.... register it

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by 1Sharon(f): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2023
A greedy girl marries an asshole

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Kajaard: 11:50am On Feb 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Kobo I blame the girl and her mum. Marriage is a lifelong commitment. They needed to ask deeper questions and find out about the man before committing to a marriage.

It won't have cost them much to travel and find out about the man. See his family or ask around about his family. I guess they were greedy and thought they were marrying into wealth.

That's stupidity at it's peak if you ask me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Charmingrascal(m): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2023
The said lady and her mum are golddiggers.
They simply allowed the marriage because they thought the guy was rich.

There is more to this story.
I know a lady with similar story.
Truly women are not meant to suffer & no lady would like to marry a man who is not financially stable, but when a lady and her parents are desperate gold diggers they end up like this. I don't know about the lady's dad but I am guessing that the man would be against the relationship right from the onset but the mum pushed her into it.

Dear men of nowadays, you don't need to fake your lifestyle to please a lady.
Be you, be yourself let her know your capability and financial capacity if she is yours she will stay.

20 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by house10studios: 11:50am On Feb 03, 2023
Push to front page, because?
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by BATified2023: 11:51am On Feb 03, 2023
One question I keep asking d obirodents is what has changed?

N I wish my fellow sane Nigerians could ask the same question, the same people that describe obi as a failure are today telling us he’s d messiah please

What has changed?

Owobokiri a well known obi rodent described obi as a failure n now he wants us to believe obi is d messiah, can sane Nigerians help us ask him what has changed?

How come a failure suddenly became an angel?

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Bluffly: 11:51am On Feb 03, 2023
StPete:

Even if she thought she had money, does that warrant the maltreatment.

8 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:
Please I need a good advice on this issue from matured minds.

A friend of mine called me yesterday and was seriously crying that she wants her daughter that just got married to come back.

REASON:
Last year, her daughter of 21 years got married. From the look of things, the marriage was contracted on falsehood.
The man( daughter's hubby) was introduced to the girl by another woman. The young man and his mother presented themselves as very good people. The young man claimed to have money and working in Abuja as "interior decorator" . He made the girl believed that he has money where's he was borrowing to do the the marriage rites.
After the first stage of the traditional rites, he lied to the girl that bank seized his money because someone from abroad sent more than the approved amount (ie. millions) into his account. The girl had to use the little money she received as salary to sort out certain things.

Please Mod kindly push to the front page, I need matured advice.
If this is true your friend is just playing they are not serious if they were serious they would have gone down to that village where she is with policemen to take the girl away by force what nonsense

8 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Bluffly: 11:53am On Feb 03, 2023
Zonefree:

Must you keep a Nigerian girl. Na by force. Be yourself and those who appreciate you will be attracted to you. There are good Nigerian ladies with the right understanding. Why lie

11 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by michlins(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2023
Ololololoo buga oh
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by emmanuel596(m): 11:54am On Feb 03, 2023
Mtcheeew.... nonsense stories....

She wanted to go eat money she saw the red flags including a public beating and disgrace but she still went ahead to marry as she no see money chop you are coming here with sad stories.....and this is just your side of the story and you narrated it in a way you'd win public sympathy..... you deserve what you got.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Discovered Their Son Attends Cheap School & Wife Pockets Rest Of The Tuition / "Why I Married My Sister" - 25-Year-Old Anambra Teacher / Why I Chose To Distance Myself From A Sibling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.