Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

A Marriage In Deceit - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Marriage In Deceit (38602 Views)

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by xpiranza88: 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2023
Some Ladies when they hear wedding....there thinking faculty stops working .....no matter ur advice them hear from uuuu they will not take it...matter go south u come they worry us.....let her start praying to God to fix her home.....that's my advice to her......

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:
Please I need a good advice on this issue from matured minds.

A friend of mine called me yesterday and was seriously crying that she wants her daughter that just got married to come back.

REASON:
Last year, her daughter of 21 years got married. From the look of things, the marriage was contracted on falsehood.
The man( daughter's hubby) was introduced to the girl by another woman. The young man and his mother presented themselves as very good people. The young man claimed to have money and working in Abuja as "interior decorator" . He made the girl believed that he has money where's he was borrowing to do the the marriage rites.
After the first stage of the traditional rites, he lied to the girl that bank seized his money because someone from abroad sent more than the approved amount (ie. millions) into his account. The girl had to use the little money she received as salary to sort out certain things.

To cut the long story short, marriage was scheduled, on the eve of the wedding (the bridal shower night) , the young man beat the girl blue and black to the embarrassment of everyone present including his own friends, that was how the bridal shower ended with the poor girl crying all throughout the night. This is just because of flimsy excuse, to make matters worst, the girl was some weeks old pregnant which he's aware of.
To worsen the situation, after marriage, the man left the lady in the village with the parents, two days after marriage he travelled for a job, while the girl is left alone in the village without any pocket money and without any job since she's stopped the job she was doing before marriage. She's just Living at the mercy of the guy's parents with the mother treating her like trash.

Please Mod kindly push to the front page, I need matured advice.

after beating her on the night of her bridal shower your friend still went ahead to marry him...and you are saying the mood should push this to front page... to push stipidity to front page ?

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Psychopatheko: 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hmmm well we all have our pain and how we tackled it it’s just a simple advice just tell her to start again tell her to leave and let her start her life again I understand it’s very hard to give up the marriage like that but giving up can save her life I mean this is the same person that beat the hell out of her still lie to her and all, like for wedding night you beat am haaa if dey con use like 2years for The marriage nko he go use punch remove her eyes well it’s better to just leave the guy his family and let her start a new life I know someday she will see someone who’s worthy

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by seanwilliam(m): 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
DannyWalker:
be like this one dey mental.

You heard that a guy beat a woman before their wedding and you think he was painted bad.

Something dey worry you for head guy.

Can a good person do such a thing?

Shut up joor mumu.
Will a man lay his hands on your for no reason?
Do you know if girl was verbally abusing him ?
And don’t come here to preach self control ,
Whatever made her not to control her mouth, is what made the man to lay his hands on her .

You were not there, stop jumping into conclusions.

We don’t know what transpired

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Beey(f): 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
StPete:
This story is definitely one-sided and looks like something concocted to paint the guy in bad light. The most probable thing I see from the marriage might be that the lady married the guy because she thought he had money. The family of the girl was also drawn to the guy because they thought he had money

Lemme wait to hear from the guy because this story is embellished to draw pity toward the girl
Whether she married him for money or not is irrelevant. So many have married for money, so she isn’t the first or last. However, there’s absolutely no good enough reason, a husband should beat his wife. If he’s tired of her, her parents , siblings and friends still need her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by seanwilliam(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
Beey:
Whether she married him for money or not is irrelevant. So many have married for money, so she isn’t the first or last. However, there’s absolutely no good enough reason, a husband should beat his wife. If he’s tired of her, her parents , siblings and friends still need her.
women sabi exonerate themselves ehn . See mouth
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Nweike1: 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2023
StPete:
This story is definitely one-sided and looks like something concocted to paint the guy in bad light. The most probable thing I see from the marriage might be that the lady married the guy because she thought he had money. The family of the girl was also drawn to the guy because they thought he had money

Lemme wait to hear from the guy because this story is embellished to draw pity toward the girl
150% correct
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by BlueDuck: 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:

A friend of mine called me yesterday and was seriously crying that she wants her daughter that just got married to come back.

REASON:
Last year, her daughter of 21 years got married. From the look of things, the marriage was contracted on falsehood.
The man( daughter's hubby) was introduced to the girl by another woman. The young man and his mother presented themselves as very good people. The young man claimed to have money and working in Abuja as "interior decorator" . He made the girl believed that he has money where's he was borrowing to do the the marriage rites.
After the first stage of the traditional rites, he lied to the girl that bank seized his money because someone from abroad sent more than the approved amount (ie. millions) into his account. The girl had to use the little money she received as salary to sort out certain things.

To cut the long story short, marriage was scheduled, on the eve of the wedding (the bridal shower night) , the young man beat the girl blue and black to the embarrassment of everyone present including his own friends, that was how the bridal shower ended with the poor girl crying all throughout the night. This is just because of flimsy excuse, to make matters worst, the girl was some weeks old pregnant which he's aware of.
To worsen the situation, after marriage, the man left the lady in the village with the parents, two days after marriage he travelled for a job, while the girl is left alone in the village without any pocket money and without any job since she's stopped the job she was doing before marriage. She's just Living at the mercy of the guy's parents with the mother treating her like trash.

Longathroat tongue
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by samwillyco1(m): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
Noted
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Mummiesboy: 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2023
Beremx:
your sisters would have done the same too. Why would a man lie about his source of wealth instead of being sincere? Mind you the lady in question wasn't jobless. She had to quit because she was forced to relocate and stay with her in-laws.
Learn how to comprehend before talking nonsense
She is greedy that's all. You guys should deal with it.
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Jamersirwin1971: 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
Autobot05:
Didn't they date ??
They thought he had money ??

Ok

Na money cause all this . They went for money and at the end found out he isn't rich . Now they are here for advice ... I am sure there was one guy somewhere who was I to the lady o. But she no look that one face . Now this has happened . I guess they felt the grass was greener at the other side
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Originalsly: 2:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
I'm almost sure the girl is hot in the community ... everybody wants her ... but the mother ... like sooo many .... has trained the girl to marry a rich person. Men know this ... and will pretend... like this one did. It was for the girl and mother to make inquiries about the guy and his family... but greed blinded them. Even if the guy had money.... they weren't concerned if he were a ritualist ... a kidnapper .... an armed robber ... they just didn't care. Let them fetch their own cross.
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by frozen70(f): 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:

REASON:

And her parents are alive and left her there like that or is she an orphan

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by chimeremodlyn: 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nebes:
We need the other side of the story.

You're crazy. Which other side of the story do you need after hearing such. May this befall your daughter or ur sister. Nonsense. Other side of the story ko. Werey

2 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Elkidz: 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
@Elkidz

This is an unbalanced account of the real story.

[b[b]]When things were going well and he was lavishing money on her and her family, we didn't hear anything, but now that things aren't going so well for him, you guys are attempting to portray him as a bad guy.[/b][/b]

Marriage is a commitment; for better or worse, she needs to endure and stay with her man, because the economy situation is affecting everyone and things are mostly the same everywhere.

There was nothing like that, the marriage was a kind of contracted (someone connected them) . Infact the courtship wasn't even up to 2months and the girl's parents refused her visiting the boy in his so called Abuja abode with the reason that he might get her pregnant and abandon her.
Nevertheless I get your last points.
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by kitken: 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2023
the story get k-leg
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Cashio(m): 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2023
DannyWalker:
be like this one dey mental.

You heard that a guy beat a woman before their wedding and you think he was painted bad.

Something dey worry you for head guy.

Can a good person do such a thing?
And you that is as wise as Solomon, shebi u bin dey there when he beat the lady. Or you just swallow anything they throw at you without proper reasoning.
Is there anyone who doesn't paint theirself saints in their own stories?
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by lordaltruist(m): 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
Fighter2029:
I thought that questions are usually asked about the families one wants to get married to before the marriage to enable them know the true nature of their potential in-laws,has that culture been abolished?

Aside from questions been asked, I thought we are all supposed to marry people we know and not strangers cause this is looking like a case of two strangers coming to force themselves into marriage.

Again why would a guy go to that extent to get married to someone you don't love even to pretending you have money.

Everything about this story is not just getting to me.

How long have they met?
Where they in love?
What brought about the sudden attitude from both side?
Why would a mother introduced her son to marry your daughter and you agree when you are not the one marry him?
Didn't you notice the red flags of the boy before you even started any marriage rite?
How long were they dating?

This story is too fake for me to believe, come back another day and tell me something serious.

These days, marriage is not a joke neither has it ever been thus you can tell me that all this happened without them checking the red flags of both persons involved.
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by backwardneva: 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
your sisters would have done the same too. Why would a man lie about his source of wealth instead of being sincere? Mind you the lady in question wasn't jobless. She had to quit because she was forced to relocate and stay with her in-laws.
Learn how to comprehend before talking nonsense

She was beaten blue black on the eve of the wedding day still not enough to call off the wedding.She informed her mother after discovering her husband to lied to her yet her mother persuaded her to go ahead. And you're here saying his sister can as well do the same.
Accept they were wrong for not doing the proper thing in the first place.l just pity the girl. Wow, you better tell her to quickly walk out of the marriage because she may not be able to withstand the season2.Marriage of deceit.

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Danisaint112(m): 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2023
StPete:

Does that by any chance give the guy the right to lay his hand on someone's daughter.

And come to think of it why would he lie in the first place. Before you guys start assuming you place yourself in the person situation first.

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by rickleye: 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:

REASON:

I am sorry OP but your story has holes the size of the new 9ja bridge.
What are you asking from us ?
- In this woke generation what is stopping her from leaving or your friend from getting her from in-laws place. ( she just got married ? )
- So she got beat during bridal shower and she still opened her legs for the dude after he marriage.
The man Juju Strong O.

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by blackboy(m): 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2023
I dont need nor the law need 2 sides. He beat her he should have been punished.
The guy wise for his eyes. The babe wise for her eyes. All that glitters is not gold.

If she no happy or want the marriage, the law peemits her to walk away.

The parents of the girl should becareful. Leave them to sort their wahala themselves. Na them choose themselves no be forced marriage. Tomorrow both or one of them can blame the parents for their marriage problems. Buy sense and keep away from married couples fight. That is the begining of peace n wisdom.

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by leisuretym: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
Gold digging went wrong!
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2023
gfelo:
what God have join together let no one put ASUNDER the guy parent shud be summoned elders between the both families shud meet and dialogue the way out.
The only couple God ever joined together were Adam and Eve. God cursed marriage after Adam and Eve fell so make una no dey use God as excuse for una foolish ideas abeg! undecided

Marriage is not prison sentence and these folks here no tell you say dem believe in God that you would see fit to quote God at them. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by iyke2frankeze: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
The whole emphasis here is on 'he promised the girl that he has money'. The ATM machine is not as loaded as expected. Am I right?
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
@Elkidz This is an unbalanced account of the real story.

When things were going well and he was lavishing money on her and her family, we didn't hear anything, but now that things aren't going so well for him, you guys are attempting to portray him as a bad guy.

Marriage is a commitment; for better or worse, she needs to endure and stay with her man, because the economy situation is affecting everyone and things are mostly the same everywhere
She needs to endure and stay in what is a domestic violence situation because of economic situation? undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by emefele2004: 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2023
The marriage is built on deceit and wrong foundation.
The girl has 100% right to walk away. Am sure no court wedding was done.

2 Likes

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by timi36220: 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2023
Let her start sleeping with every man in the village, the parent will definitely give her transport to leave. that solve alll the problem
Elkidz:

REASON:

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by lieutenantprime(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2023
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Slynation(m): 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2023
Elkidz:
But the question is why would the guy present himself as what he's not. He even told the girl after their marriage that whatever lie that he lied to her is to make sure she marry him, so she should deal with it. This is bad for God's sake!!
You mean to tell us that after beating her blue black on their wedding eve she still went ahead to wed with swollen face, if so, she never see anything...

Since she married for money, let her deal with that!!

1 Like

Re: A Marriage In Deceit by vanditijjani: 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
I'm the guy
Abeg na lie she lie.
Re: A Marriage In Deceit by Ashirioluwa: 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
She needs to endure and stay in what is a domestic violence situation because of economic situation? undecided

Don’t believe the one sided story.

The alleged violence is merely a pretext for her to leave. She doesn't get beat up by the guy; she's just seeking for an exit strategy. The major reason she wants to leave is that her spouse is currently broke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge / Man Discovered Their Son Attends Cheap School & Wife Pockets Rest Of The Tuition / "Why I Married My Sister" - 25-Year-Old Anambra Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.