Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) (41577 Views)

Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It / Nigerians Tell Peter Okoye To Stop #onemorenightchallenge As Hot Curvylady Joins / Femi Kuti Accused Of Sleeping With Underaged Girls By Solokeysent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
madridguy:
He got nominated 7x for grammy award.

Nominated Really?

7times and he didn't win any? That's more reasons people forgot him...

I pray he wins very soon , so his fame will be properly directed to his hard work not bashing at an innocent man you don't know his worth and stake for Nigeria ....

Opportunist Musician......lols
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by IamtheTruth1(m): 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
ebukajay184:
Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Photo)

Singer Seun Kuti has been accused of using Peter Obi and Peter Okoye to promote his music career.

Seun Kuti, son of Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti announced that he will be participating in two of the most important Italian festivals, IGBERETV reports.

This is coming barely 48hours after his clash with Singer, Peter Okoye of the Psquare music group.

Peter Okoye had criticized Seun Kuti for saying that Labour party presidential candidate, Peter Obi is an "opportunist and not the messiah people think he is''.

Taking to his Facebook page on Friday, Seun wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/100044513316254/posts/pfbid021cNXw3jjrxnA5ZZjgrCmFuefFgVqKpYt528u2MLD4fwKwLwbjKiKp4F62qxEP5NFl/

Some Nigerians who reacted to his announcement said he used Peter Obi and Peter Okoye to promote his music career.

https://igberetvnews.com/1438613/seun-kuti-accused-using-peter-obi-peter-okoye-promote-career-photo/

At the end of the day, who is the opportunist ?
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Olurondo: 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Nonsense.Seun Kuti career has always been dope and will always be dope. These people (Peter Obi or Psquare) has never been and will never be relevant to his accomplishments and achievements.I wonder what some people will do when their preferred candidate loses the presidential election this month.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Tflex01: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
dazzlingd:

Are you not getting tired of this already. Do
You know yoruba families are mixed. Meaning uncle could be Muslim, aunties could be Christian and cousins are Muslim or Christian.
It is difficult to use religion to divide yorubas because it is secondary to them.
I know it is a strategy to divide, but when it is not working, why not try something else?

You have time to reply that mumu. People that carry Tinubu for head pass around me are Christians. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Mrtaye: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
POGazette:
Even Brymo revived his dead career thanks to Obi

Obi leads, othe follows
Na true talk ooo🤔
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Asgard13: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

If you really know seun, you should know that Fela’s spirit lives inside that dude. Everything about dude is Gela.

Let Seun mount the stage and you will see Fela!

He is the true replica of Fela! Everything about him is Fela.

No be lie
Na the too much igbo wey he dey smoke ..

Make he reduce am .. you go know say he no reach.. Walahi.

That guy aside packaging suppose the hustle for Ikeja under bridge ..

You dey look ibru children at all? For same Ikeja?

Bro Seun na my paddy .. Oremi dada .. but e get as e be

I don’t really give two fvck about peter oh.. I don’t even know and never met them or been to their show..

Nairaland na criuse to me personally..

The only time am serious here .. is on Tinubu matter .. Walai
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Asgard13: 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
odunH:
Can you imagine talk... Sincerely this is pure hatred. Only babies or those who don't really dig into good music won't his likes. Comparing Seun to Psquare is an insult. Ask fellas in music industry not comedians.

k
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by JealousCobra(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

You are not a Fela fan, neither do you enjoy his style of music, or able to decode his messages.

Cos if you do, you should know Fela’s spirit lives inside Seun!

Forget story, Fela passed strong messages in all his songs, I don't know about Seun, maybe you might be after the rhymes lyrics or the sound melody.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jnkay:

Bros so to say I don't like it when humans drive on sentiment and emotion than reality. Don't drag Dear Baba Fella Kuti into this because Seun is at fault in the first place for calling out those twins. They never called Seun name but Seun was the one that called they names first. Secondly, our darling Baba Fella Kuti wasn't the one that called PSquare but Seun so Seun should face the dance for the drum he is beatings. We Yorubas respect others and respect is reciprocal. Let's call a spade a spade.

Hmmmmm........I have come to learn to add ( Some Yorubas not all) when trying to correct your tribe....

You really amazed me bro, very thoughtful words and matured ......thanks
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by karnap(m): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
I don't even know the guy until now,none of his music I know, maybe I have listen to it and I don't know. grin
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Raskasal(m): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
Asgard13:

…. and so?

Na still upcoming for naija ..

Dey dey play. Seun upcoming? Even as psquare get fame reach, that doesn't make their name or brand appealing to all Nigerian. So is seun music. He started way back before the death of his father

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by zelnababa(m): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
by thier names we know whom they re.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Asgard13: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
Raskasal:

Dey dey play. Seun upcoming? Even as psquare get fame reach, that doesn't make their name or brand appealing to all Nigerian. So is seun music. He started way back before the death of his father

Why he never blow.. he dey sell igbo..
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by sukkot: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
SimpleLife23:

Do it 150k
the injin in that maysheen is not worth 150k angry angry
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by chronique(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
madridguy:

Lie. He never got nominated 7x. He has been nominated once.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by SimpleLife23: 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
sukkot:
the injin in that maysheen is not worth 150k angry angry

Pay 1.5m then
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by membranus: 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
Love this writer, also citing the difference between a musician and a singer

SEUN KUTI ON STAGE AT LEKKI

He was barely 9 !

Read what a writer wrote about SEUN KUTI:

It is highly hilarious if you want to diss Seun Kuti, and you say he's an unknown artiste, who has not achieved anything except living on his father's name and that he's not a successful musician.

First, please I am not dabbling into the political matter that caused the fracas between Seun and Peter of P-Square...their politics is non of my business. My grouse is about the fact that Seun's standing as a musician is being questioned.

When it comes to naming real musicians in Nigeria. Please, follow me carefully and note my choice of words...I said Musician! When you talk of musicians in Nigeria today, Seun's name would be in the first 3, and they are not up to 8.

Again, I repeat, I said musician. I did not say singers. Anyone can sing, but not everyone can be a musician. Seun did not only play music, he studied music at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts. He's a "companion" of LIPA. He's a multi-instrumentalist and sound technologist. He's versatile in Saxophone and Piano and a prolific music writer, composer and producer.

Now, talk of any iconic music venue all over the world, Seun has performed there with the band he inherited from his father, Fela. I don't think some people know what it takes for a young man in his 20s to start to lead a band full of men all over 50 and even into their 60s & 70s. This is at least a 25 man band that has performed with Seun in every continent of the world and in world's major music festivals.

Just last week, I was watching Seun and the Egypt 80 band's performance at the Nobel Prize Award in Oslo, Norway in 2008 to a predominantly white audience. Singers don't get invited to perform at such iconic international ceremony. It must be a musician who knows his onions and his musicianship is top notch.

Please, don't because of petty politics throw one of Nigeria's best export into the mud. Egbe isu koniyan....

I don't agree with Seun's politics and his approach as it concerns how we salvage Nigeria, but I will not agree his art and his craft to be rubbished based on cancel culture induced by unnecessary online political fisticuffs.

Kay Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by chronique(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
dmostcheerful:

Which seven times?
Which year?
It is very very verifiable

Don't mind him. The way people just openly lie about stuffs other people know about, surprises me. Now, I'd always see him as someone who lies anytime he says something here.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Scottmairi: 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
[quote author=madridguy post=120787450]As a kid you are, but matured men that sabi him knows his worth.

[Very worthless]
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by arantess: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
madridguy:

Apart from 2019, which other year was he nominated?

Bloody liar 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤥🤥
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Wildkat02: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
madridguy:

And won non
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by UncommonLogic: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
You mean like pandora pathological liar Obi tuary have been using religion and tribal sentiment to promote his dead political career?
Oh what about the forgotten Michael Jackson wannabe tribal idiot that's accusing anyone who does not buy into their IPOB repacked fraud as a tribalist? Are they not using these cacophony to promote themselves.
Rubbish trash.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
optionalY09:

Your opinion keep it to yourself, my thing is that i know Igbos for more than 45years their characters hasn’t changed. I understand them very well, you give them an inch they’ll go a mile. So, i don’t give them a chance

Hmmmmm...very hateful speech......
@ 45years plus, you must be very short because the hatred should be weighing you down to have stunted growth Sir.....

Igbos are jolly fellows and are respectful people....( But don't look for their trouble )
Your brother corrected and said who was at fault , only for you to conclude you know IGBOS since 104BC .......how do they corelate ?
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Lightorder: 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
Obidient1:
Honestly PETER OBI and PSquare really help Seun because I don't know Seun before now
that is what those unique people called IGBO do for people
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by macrodata(m): 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
madridguy:

who knew?
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by sukkot: 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
SimpleLife23:

Pay 1.5m then
18k last price angry
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Lightorder: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
Obidient1:
Honestly PETER OBI and PSquare really help Seun because I don't know Seun before now
that is the least of what those unique people called IGBOs do for people

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Richieniit: 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
madridguy:

Are you OK? Grawhat Seun Kuti no be fela kuti o lol
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Lightorder: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
madridguy:

you can lie. 9x ?
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by stanbright(m): 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
optionalY09:
Who is OBi and Okoye where dem Kuti dey.

Without Fela Kuti could there ever be okoye ?

Abi these pikin don dey mad?

Abi na Okoye papa build Padova? Abeg leave mata for mattress

Seun is not a local bread, i honestly dont blame all these uninformed kids.
A artist only known by yorubas in a country is indeed a local breed
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by NinjaXmetahuman: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
Imagine mimmicks like psquare with dead career saying rubbish about Grammy nominee.

You can't make this shit up. grin

It's like once you support obi these day, you just lose your sense.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Levels2(f): 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
Obidient1:

Is because of your Age bro, well understood.

I'm glad you now do...

All matured adults knows him.

You are getting to know history little by little.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cubana Chiefpriest & Pretty Mike Cooking For Kokun Foundation (Photo) / Shola Ogudu Recovers From Illness, Shares New Photos / Nedu: I Caught 2 Celebrities Having Sex With My Rich Friend At Transcorp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.