Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,879 members, 7,813,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? (24680 Views)

My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by okine4real: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Definitely, i feel like running sometimes, but when i remember my kids, i just stay put. But at the same time looking at one of the reason i might want to run is freedom, Freedom would cause me more trouble than good. Wifey get wahala ohh, her wahala know be here, but if i say make i leave the woman jakpa, my children go suffer well well, since i dont want them to suffer, i stay for the marriage.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by rickleye: 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
Albertone:

You always talk like you've not lived in Nigeria before.
Maybe you should be on Quora and Reddit, not here!

lol ..
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by ciencee(m): 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
Let me be learning....
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by dominique(f): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
goodmike7:

He is not a coward..do you know how many times some married men have called their wives to order, do you know how many nights they have woken up their wives to register their dissatisfaction? Do you know how many times they took their women to facy restaurant or quiet places to talk sense into them?

Personally, I know of a Nigerian man, who one day after so much efforts, left the house he built, the properties,kids. and cars..he took only a bag and travelled. Most premature death of men is as a result of an unhappy marriage. Some is because the loving women and respecful women they married suddenly becomes a nightmare to them.

I know a lot and this is why getting married is beginning to scare me, i will settle as a baby daddy.

Oh! So the man is a saint of that's always right and the woman is always wrong? Do you know how many woman are forced to put their lives on standstill because of marriage and maltreated as a result? Do you know how many women that have to suffer all sorts of abuse in marriage and hold it all in because of the children and what people will say? Do you know how many women that made call sorts of sacrifices for their husbands yet they're rewarded with infidelity, disrespect and abuse? In all these, the man is an innocent saint and the women is always wrong and somewhat deserves any ill treatment she gets from men. With due respect, you no too get sense. You want to become a baby daddy so you can add to the number of women you and your fellow men slut shame abi? I'm sure you've started concocting the lies you're going to tell against the mother when the child grows up to look for you. Na una way be that.

8 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Microwhy: 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Wawelexy:
To me, I see that man as a coward!!! Why not brace up and be brave to let your partner (the mother of your kids) know you are not feeling her anymore, tell her what the issue is and if no changes, tell her straight that you want to quit but still will be responsible for your kids welfare... I think that's better than running into the thin air like a car exhaust...

Do you even have the idea of what would have ran through the mind of your family, wife and even your kids for that period of 3 months? How do you want the kids to see their father? A coward? An irresponsible man who runs away from his burdens? An unfaithful man? The list goes on and on... As a kid, I can't even forgive such father... cos if you can do this now for an excuse as flimsy as this, then my future isn't save with you when bigger challenges shows up...
Except you're married if not, you got it all wrong. Its extremely devastating when you realise that yoru partner is just using you for financial security.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
TimT:
Lol...The reason why I love listening to Ups and Downs in Mariage life is because every relationship has a unique problem.....
In this case, it's already obvious the man is running away from his problems/responsibility.....
How could you as a man lie to your wife about going to work and travel out OMG!!!!!!
Okay let's agree with the man that the wife is not a good person, how about the children? Why can't you take the kids and run to anywhere
Well naturally, Everyman can father a child but NOT EVERY MAN CAN BE A DAD TO A CHILD....
In my opinion, let him go forever.....
If he needs kids, he is still potent, and I'm sure there are women there; so he can conceive...

To the extent of selling his car without providing anything for thier upkeep
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Jakama90(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
The guy has passed through alot, I can feel his pain. I don't feel like leaving my family because of my kids and the unborn but I feel like leaving my wife.. marriage is just a scam.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
okine4real:
■ Definitely, i feel like running sometimes, but when i remember my kids, i just stay put. But at the same time looking at one of the reason i might want to run is freedom, Freedom would cause me more trouble than good. Wifey get wahala ohh, her wahala know be here, but if i say make i leave the woman jakpa, my children go suffer well well, since i dont want them to suffer, i stay for the marriage.
Divorce is better than up and leaving like a thief at night. undecided

2 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by tesppidd: 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
Maigaskiya04:
I will never have such a thought inshaAllah.
My wife and kids are the coolness of my eyes and the sources of my happiness.
All I have for you is 2 words and an exclamation mark;

Lucky You!

2 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by cococandy(f): 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
Another pathetic woman bashing thread

4 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Sthandawasam(m): 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
jeff1607:
After 3months she decided to file for a missing person! Your own husband?

This story doesn’t add up

He called her after 3 months not that she filed a report after 3 months. 😁

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by qtguru(m): 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
I won't judge the man, but nothing can make me leave my family unless my life is at risk.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Microwhy:

Except you're married if not, you got it all wrong. Its extremely devastating when you realise that yoru partner is just using you for financial security.
Any man who enters voluntarily into a hypogamous union with a woman submits himself to being used for financial security by the woman. So please stop this nonsense abeg! undecided

6 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by bassdow: 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Klass99:

I think women feel this way more than men do, because we have been mostly sold a pipe dream (as women) that marriage and kids bring joy and fufilment. And without these things we will be forever doomed, unhappy and unfulfilled.

So, what do most of us do? We actively pursue this dream or mirage of bliss and fulfilment only to get it, then realize, we are not bursting with joy, we are not happy or fulfilled, like we were told we would be.

Then we want out, but we are afraid of what people will say, the stigma of divorce or being called a bad mother who cannot endure for the sake of her children.

what a sensible matured response

3 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
When marriage chokes, you walkway and never look back
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
Jakama90:
The guy has passed through alot, I can feel his pain. I don't feel like leaving my family because of my kids and the unborn but I feel like leaving my wife.. marriage is just a scam.
You don't need to stay if you are not in it 100%. Just rather than abscond like a thief, Seek divorce and let your partner have closure at least. undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by CaptainFM1: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
jeff1607:
After 3months she decided to file for a missing person! Your own husband?

This story doesn’t add up

Truly, it doesn't sound real from the way he presented his Nollywood script, but it stories like that is not unheard of in real life.

Sometimes, some of this fictitious stories are what happens in real life. As much as I hate Nollywood movies, most of their movies are for learnings if proper attention is paid to it.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by cococandy(f): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
If you know how many times I’ve asked myself this question.

Marriage doesn’t benefit men, why do they dedicate hours upon hours every day to convince women to marry? And shame those who say no. It’s astounding
GloriousGbola:
With all the nonsense these stupid boys post about women everyday, you have to wonder why homosexuality is not thriving in Nigeria. We accept that women are the devil. Now you boys shoukd go and fk yourselves. When you are in a situation you don't like, you move on instead of whining and bitching everyday. Hook up with your fellow redpillers, adopt a child from orphanage and go your own way.

That is what a MAN would do.

It is a beta male that will spend all his time whining and crying

4 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Thegoodone13(m): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
Honestly, I'm in this situation now. I left my house but I find it difficult to stay more than two weeks because I love my children and my wife off their phone in order not to be able to reach them. I love my wife but she doesn't love me but she is using me .

7 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by scobaba: 3:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
God forbid.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Jokerman(m): 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Yes o.

Sometimes I wish i could just go someplace without anyone disturbing me. Just I and maybe peace of mind... but it doesn't work that way, one must know he misses something.

I remember Shrek The Third movie where Rumplestiltskin deceive the titular character and the regret that followed
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by pho: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Never, I don't pray this thought ever come. I love my family die especially those 2 little charming girl and boy God gave me as a wonderful gift. Since I have them it has always been progress upon progress upon progress.

5 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by miqos02(m): 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Lolz. Family is special
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by GodHimself: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Plenty of theory, and shaming by people who are invested in particular outcomes.

Most man-made rules are designed to enslave, by those who never follow those same rules.

When you realise this, your freedom of action becomes greatly expanded.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Klass99(f): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2023
bassdow:

what a sensible matured response

wink

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Goodlady(f): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

The story legit, trust me.

[b][/b]
She didn't file for missing person cos she never loved him. The reason the man disembarked from that hell of a marriage.

The truth is 97.689% of men married to Nigerian girls are going through alot. Some are living in self denial while the courageous ones are searching for ways to quit.

I pray for the souls of all married men in Nigeria, may God in his infinite mercy console and comfort you people.
Amen.
A lot of you v been marked and placed on watch in order not to run away.
Seeking divorce is so matured and legit.
Running away is so immature and cowardly

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by GodHimself: 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Guest911: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

The story legit, trust me.

[b][/b]
She didn't file for missing person cos she never loved him. The reason the man disembarked from that hell of a marriage.

The truth is 97.689% of men married to Nigerian girls are going through alot. Some are living in self denial while the courageous ones are searching for ways to quit.

I pray for the souls of all married men in Nigeria, may God in his infinite mercy console and comfort you people.
Amen.
Oga just say you didn't have the balls to face your wife with your decision instead of hiding behind statistics.

She gave you children, did she neglect her motherly duties? How has she not been a wife to you?

When did running away ever solve any issues? Now you come back from your little childish vacation to take back children you abandoned.

I hope those kids don't grow up to be the weak man their father is. undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by FireUpNow(m): 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
Well men should know how hellish women are. In the bible we saw how mama Eve made papa Adam to loose all. That alone should tell you what women are. Marry a woman and get your kids also a woman can be good as a companion, think of old age and when sickness strikes. Women are imperfect so are men too. Both men and women have their good and bad sides. Above all make your home a place of rest and peace no matter what.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by bassdow: 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
Klass99:
The post below from 2021, accurately captures what I am unable to articulate well.

makes sense.

...but a lot of women would have preferred to remain single if they could handle their bills.

Once asked a married woman how they're able to let go all their passions and aspirations to stay home and raise kids. Not sure she really had a response.
Problem be say those in it prefers letting others fall into same trap, rather than educate them. it's worse among the poor and struggling - na dem sabi advice person to go marry and are even willing to introduce you to a fellow POOR thing.
But if na good thing or say na work you dey find, they barely would be willing to help.

Ever wondered why MARRIED people are ENVIOUS of SINGLE people ?

11 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Germi9: 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
I just did bro and she’s been texting and we have been raining insults on eachother grin
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
Wawelexy:
To me, I see that man as a coward!!! Why not brace up and be brave to let your partner (the mother of your kids) know you are not feeling her anymore, tell her what the issue is and if no changes, tell her straight that you want to quit but still will be responsible for your kids welfare... I think that's better than running into the thin air like a car exhaust...

Do you even have the idea of what would have ran through the mind of your family, wife and even your kids for that period of 3 months? How do you want the kids to see their father? A coward? An irresponsible man who runs away from his burdens? An unfaithful man? The list goes on and on... As a kid, I can't even forgive such father... cos if you can do this now for an excuse as flimsy as this, then my future isn't save with you when bigger challenges shows up...

Are you married?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

After 4 Pregnancies, 3 Miscarriages, 2 IVF, 5 Years Of Waiting, This Boy Arrives / As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? / Anyone Who Keeps Virginity Until Marriage Deserves To Brag – Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.