Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,447 members, 7,830,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? (24725 Views)

My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Reelmii: 3:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
tongue...u are alone in that dream
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by izubext007: 3:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
wetin dey worry you bro
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by bigdammyj: 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
Reading...
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by skj1377(m): 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
No
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by sofeo(m): 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
Alright
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by fof1: 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
litigator:
He he told his wife he was going to work as usual and might be working late since it was a Friday.

Like previous times, his wife felt he was out drinking with friends and will be back the next morning. But he never did. He simply sold his car that afternoon, took an 11pm flight and never came back.

They had considered him missing and was about filing a missing person claim save for his best friend who had the courage to tell the wife that her husband wasn’t missing. He simply disappeared willingly into thin air.

It was after 3 months a strange number called her to ask after the kids. It was their father who had disappeared from work and traumatized his family.

He now wants to be in the life of his kids, but he is done with his wife. He is never coming back her. He feels she is a destiny killer who married him best he had the capacity to provide and not because she loved him.

The wife can’t help but ask where she went wrong in her marriage and what she wasn’t doing right.

According to him, he felt his wife was simply using him as a provider and a means of financial security. She never truly loved him.

He didn’t want the messy stuff of moving out into another part of the city and the attendant family meetings with everyone trying to convince him to stay.

He felt disappearing to another country where he will be able to start all over again and rebuild his life was the best thing to do.

Have you ever thought of leaving your family and disappearing into another part of the world to start all over again?

Why?

Satanic Mindsets

2 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by goodmike7: 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Wawelexy:
To me, I see that man as a coward!!! Why not brace up and be brave to let your partner (the mother of your kids) know you are not feeling her anymore, tell her what the issue is and if no changes, tell her straight that you want to quit but still will be responsible for your kids welfare... I think that's better than running into the thin air like a car exhaust...

Do you even have the idea of what would have ran through the mind of your family, wife and even your kids for that period of 3 months? How do you want the kids to see their father? A coward? An irresponsible man who runs away from his burdens? An unfaithful man? The list goes on and on... As a kid, I can't even forgive such father... cos if you can do this now for an excuse as flimsy as this, then my future isn't save with you when bigger challenges shows up...

He is not a coward..do you know how many times some married men have called their wives to order, do you know how many nights they have woken up their wives to register their dissatisfaction? Do you know how many times they took their women to facy restaurant or quiet places to talk sense into them?

Personally, I know of a Nigerian man, who one day after so much efforts, left the house he built, the properties,kids. and cars..he took only a bag and travelled. Most premature death of men is as a result of an unhappy marriage. Some is because the loving women and respecful women they married suddenly becomes a nightmare to them.

I know a lot and this is why getting married is beginning to scare me, i will settle as a baby daddy.

17 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by MissTemi1(f): 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Please shut up jare. A woman is made to run and oversea the home. It is a thing of joy. Where is it written a married woman can’t make money? Many married women own so many stores, shops, businesses, name it. Many are doctors, lawyers, bankers etc. u re talking about a woman dat married wrong plz
Klass99:
The post below from 2021, accurately captures what I am unable to articulate well.

3 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by PythonPros: 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
This is a very valid question. Thanks for bringing it up

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by eventainment(m): 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Wawelexy:
To me, I see that man as a coward!!! Why not brace up and be brave to let your partner (the mother of your kids) know you are not feeling her anymore, tell her what the issue is and if no changes, tell her straight that you want to quit but still will be responsible for your kids welfare... I think that's better than running into the thin air like a car exhaust...

Do you even have the idea of what would have ran through the mind of your family, wife and even your kids for that period of 3 months? How do you want the kids to see their father? A coward? An irresponsible man who runs away from his burdens? An unfaithful man? The list goes on and on... As a kid, I can't even forgive such father... cos if you can do this now for an excuse as flimsy as this, then my future isn't save with you when bigger challenges shows up...

When you see shege to be better coward than that man go de hungry you

6 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by GloriousGbola: 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2023
With all the nonsense these stupid boys post about women everyday, you have to wonder why homosexuality is not thriving in Nigeria. We accept that women are the devil. Now you boys shoukd go and fk yourselves. When you are in a situation you don't like, you move on instead of whining and bitching everyday. Hook up with your fellow redpillers, adopt a child from orphanage and go your own way.

That is what a MAN would do.

It is a beta male that will spend all his time whining and crying

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Angelfrost(m): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
Sad reality is that at least 80% of married men have thought about this seriously at some point.

Some even wish they never got married when they did.

I met a great man I held in high esteem with a seemingly happy home blessed with 4 amazing kids... He confessed to me that if he had a second chance, he would stay single till at least 40!

The pressure on men in marriages today is ridiculous!

If you remove the strings of religion (morality), culture, and peer pressure, many men and women will rather stay single or cohabit without the legal "chains" of matrimony!

14 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by GboyegaD(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
How did his running away solve things? Is this how he will keep running away from every challenges he will face in his lifetime?

He could have had a discussion with the wife either for a separation or divorce. For me, his act was planned so that he doesn't feel burdened marrying another wife where he ran to. He didn't do right.

Never thought of leaving my home however, I sometimes miss the way I could go for weekend at a friend's place or just travel to wherever for the weekend while I was single.

2 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Albertone(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Regardless of the way he claims he felt, he committed a crime - marriage abandonment--- and the wife ought to have him charged for such foolishness. undecided

2. Regardless of reason or excuse, it is a crime punishable by jail term. undecided

You always talk like you've not lived in Nigeria before.
Maybe you should be on Quora and Reddit, not here!

5 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Myketuale(m): 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=Wawelexy post=120807288]To me, I see that man as a coward!!! Why not brace up and be brave to let your partner (the mother of your kids) know you are not feeling her anymore, tell her what the issue is and if no changes, tell her straight that you want to quit but still will be responsible for your kids welfare... I think that's better than running into the thin air like a car exhaust...

Do you even have the idea of what would have ran through the mind of your family, wife and even your kids for that period of 3 months? How do you want the kids to see their father? A coward? An irresponsible man who runs away from his burdens? An unfaithful man? The list goes on and on... As a kid, I can't even forgive such father... cos if you can do this now for an excuse as flimsy as this, then my future isn't save with you when bigger challenges shows up...[/quote
]

Yes he's a coward.
But the thing it's not everyone that has the courage to open up to people. And again who knows if he had done that before, but the wife still remain adamant.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
goodmike7:
■ He is not a coward..do you know how many times some married men have called their wives to order, do you know how many nights they have woken up their wives to register their dissatisfaction? Do you know how many times they took their women to facy restaurant or quiet places to talk sense into them?
■ Personally, I know of a Nigerian man, who one day after so much efforts, left the house he built, the properties,kids. and cars..he took only a bag and travelled. Most premature death of men is as a result of an unhappy marriage. Some is because the loving women and respecful women they married suddenly becomes a nightmare to them.
■ I know a lot and this is why getting married is beginning to scare me, i will settle as a baby daddy.
1. It's cowardice. If said married man is not able to be in agreement with his wife, then the sensible thing to do would be to seek legal divorce from the union, not abscond like a thief in the night. undecided

2. The man ran away from his obligations as a married man and that is a criminal offense. undecided

3. He wasn't forced into marriage at gun point so why should he run away from it like a thief would? undecided

7 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by jaxxy(m): 3:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
litigator:
He he told his wife he was going to work as usual and might be working late since it was a Friday.

Like previous times, his wife felt he was out drinking with friends and will be back the next morning. But he never did. He simply sold his car that afternoon, took an 11pm flight and never came back.

They had considered him missing and was about filing a missing person claim save for his best friend who had the courage to tell the wife that her husband wasn’t missing. He simply disappeared willingly into thin air.

It was after 3 months a strange number called her to ask after the kids. It was their father who had disappeared from work and traumatized his family.

He now wants to be in the life of his kids, but he is done with his wife. He is never coming back her. He feels she is a destiny killer who married him best he had the capacity to provide and not because she loved him.

The wife can’t help but ask where she went wrong in her marriage and what she wasn’t doing right.

According to him, he felt his wife was simply using him as a provider and a means of financial security. She never truly loved him.

He didn’t want the messy stuff of moving out into another part of the city and the attendant family meetings with everyone trying to convince him to stay.

He felt disappearing to another country where he will be able to start all over again and rebuild his life was the best thing to do.

Have you ever thought of leaving your family and disappearing into another part of the world to start all over again?

Why?

so when did it dawn on him thst his wife was no destiny killer?

Well I tell men and also women that a wife is supposed to be a help mate meaning she's always ready to support him in any and every way to make life easy and happy and vice versa But these current women are stress mate they create stress and add all types of stress to ur life.

Then she wonders why a man is tired and frustrated.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by ednut1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2023
There is a twitter thread on this. Alot of men who did gave their reasons
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by thesicilian: 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2023
From the comments here it's very easy to separate people into 2 categories:

Those who are males and those who are females
(sometimes a profile can show as (m) or (f), but from the comments you'll know if that's true or not)

Those who are married and those who are not yet married. The unmarried ones are always quick to jump to conclusions and paint textbook scenerios, but the married ones tend to be more calculated and weighted in their responses.

7 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Isabi4lov: 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2023
Some are just running away from their responsibilities cheesy
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Ologbo147: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
jeff1607:
After 3months she decided to file for a missing person! Your own husband?

This story doesn’t add up
No where was it stated in the write up that it was after three months she filed for a missing person, you guys lack comprehension

4 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
jeff1607:
After 3months she decided to file for a missing person! Your own husband?

This story doesn’t add up

I can see that you didn't read this write up very well.

2 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
Myketuale:
■ Yes he's a coward.
But the thing it's not everyone that has the courage to open up to people. And again who knows if he had done that before, but the wife still remain adamant.
He had the courage to get married and bear kids but not the courage to admit he was wrong in marriage? Make we stop to dey find excuses for what is foolishness o'jare! undecided

8 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by boxypane(m): 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
NEVER EVER.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by polite2(m): 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
Wat a foolish question?? Disappear to where ?? Ehh? Ewo Gambia
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Agunesinjaweola: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
Cutehector:
Disappearing aint cool in my opinion. Secondly, people must do all due diligence before getting married so that they can know why this person is marrying them.

Be bold to ask questions. Why are you marrying me? Observe patterns too, they do not lie. If he or she is obviously asking you for money all the time, then it means you are their ticket to financial freedom.

If they want you to do certain things that they themselves cannot do if they have money, then that should give you a redflag.

The other day, a lady asked me to send someone money and i had to inquire why she needed me to send money to a stranger, she didnt give me any tangible reason and i told her i'm sorry, i cant afford to send that amount of money now, she picked offence.

Lmao. Ontop my own money kwa? Why not vex for yourself that doesn't have money too?

At the end of the day, please, marry sensible people. Being a christian/muslim ain't enough.

I want to know if you are really sensible upstairs or are in control of your emotions. This alone matters to me.
No Matter due diligence and the endurance, many women still put up their Eve dictatorship tendencies!

If you're lucky she did not set the kid's against you, you must be ready for options A,B and C to get your life back.

You must live your life to the fullest rather than staying with a woman and live a miserable life 🧬

Especially in Europe where you have little or no power to act like Alpha Male 🐏, you have to initiate flight ✈️ or fight for nothing.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by iammolise(m): 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Why are some men so Love sick like this, it's every man's essence of being to become a family guy and have your family depend on you. Wether it's choking or not men are designed to provide and lead, at some point you have to drop that small boy 'butterfly-lovesick mentality and accept reality... Now does he want his kids to grow without him then at his old age he'll start wailing "they hate me".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by rickleye: 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
litigator:

Why?

hmm, and the marriage, he choose her. What should those from arranged marriages do ?
A good 80% of people feel this way. Its just the 20% that are brave enough to go on ahead to leave.
Of the 80% about 50% would do so when the kids are grown and move out of the house.
Divorce is messy with regards finances as most couples would have each other as beneficiaries and there is usually just one house ( which the man would leave for the wife to occupy ) until she wants to sell.

To answer your question - Yes.
But, I tell myself - the grass is not always greener on the other side. So the key would be to work at your marriage and relationship. Go on dates, have grandma keep the kids for a while or get a nanny. Have an affair but keep the family together.

3 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
Only COWARDS run away from responsibilities and committments.

Even me as a woman felt like disappearing and to never surface MANY TIMES!
Some situations you find yourself feel SUERREAL and PARANORMAL. . . . You have no idea how you EVER got there in the first place.
Only MARRIED men? shocked MARRIED WOMEN TOO! kiss

Heck YEAH!!!! cheesy But, I NEVER RAN AWAY. . . I stayed and TOUGHED AND ROUGHED it out. cool

What a question?
When the lines of communications are irretrievable broken down and you have NO WAY OUT. . . You have either hit a CONCRETE SEWER or a BOTTOMLESS DITCH. . .

Only YOUR GOD can rescue YOU!

So glad I have survived this thing called MARRIAGE AND FAMILY. I give it to myself. . . . I AM A STRONG WOMAN.

Nothing can touch me. . . .I feel INVINCIBLE. kiss

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Celebrates Christmas With Her Quadruplet, Shares Adorable Photos / Siblings Recreate Old Family Photo / How To Get Over Trauma Of Wife Past Life

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.