Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? (24732 Views)

My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Dagrace01(m): 10:26am On Feb 15, 2023
Wawelexy:

You sound like a fool ..... Is marriage a do or die affair, and who told you running away will bring you peace... Why am I even explaining to someone who can even think deep before spilling out trash...

When they say be emotionally, financially and psychologically ready before jumping into marriage, its people like you that ignore because of peer pressure... Rubbish

Oh you think tides don't change after marriage? U may be ready emotionally, financially and psychologically before venturing into marriage and things change couple of years after. We need to be constructive in our argument and statements, no one wants his marriage to fail but sometimes these things happen.
One may be financially bouyant but still not happy with the marriage because the wife or husband became narcissistic. We need to be able to dissect these things before jumping into conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by delishpot: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2023
Franzinni:
exactly! it's MEN that keep the world spinning, good or bad ... And we don't complain about it we just play out part and keep pushing. Like I said enjoy your masculinity, it doesn't really bother men... Infact it only enhances our choices becasue a bricklayer can now date a female doctor if HE chooses, never in history has women been so easy to sleep with too ... And you think men are bothered ?

Who bares the consequences of pregnancy? It's even in our interest to just pump and dump and on to the next to pump and dump again ... You don't even know the half of it

You men are not bothered yet I can't go a second on social media without seeing men cry tears of pain about not getting the kind of woman they want? grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Klass99(f): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2023
cheesy
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Franzinni: 11:39am On Feb 15, 2023
delishpot:

You men are not bothered yet I can't go a second on social media without seeing men cry tears of pain about not getting the kind of woman they want? grin grin grin.
haha there are still men who haven't gotten the memo or some who just want to validate anything a woman says with the hope of getting thier dicks wet. But we leave them to you all to at least have something to express your narcissism on. But for those who know how the game is played... We cool.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by DearGorgeous(f): 11:49am On Feb 15, 2023
litigator:

Haba! Facebook bawo? How and wen?

Be Kia ful ooo

Olohun, I read exact same story on Facebook days before I saw it on Nairaland. The man himself commented with his picture visible on his profile.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by TheCongo2: 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

If you understand whats called peace of mind... Mehn! Its very difficult to come by in today's marriage... Many just kept quite ... They are dieing softly... Some women are very manipulative that even if families are involved ... They will blame the man over everything... And from the inside you know you aint at fault... Even saying sorry for not being wrong is killing...

The elder has spoken.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by TheCongo2: 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
Maysdevices:

I just wanted to let you know that this goes both ways. Women only stay with men because of what they can provide. If most women could provide for themselves, most men will be single like they are in the west. Women don’t need anything from men apart from money. You men are no fairytale either.

You think you’re the only one that can walk out? Always abandoning women with your seeds so you can go live your lives when you feel you’re ‘tired’. Men are so lucky women are built with a ‘maternal softness’, a parental instinct far greater than that of a father’s.

These children that you claim to stay for bear their father’s last name. The fact that women sacrifice their lives and their marketabilities just to give you children that are yours, you must think it’s a joke. Why not take the kids and why must you leave them with her?

Men are lucky that all women are not like me, you want to end my life for kids that bear your last name? God knows you’ll take them with you, I will find my way too like you have found yours.

You lot like to act like you’re the only one that has sense.

I am afraid that you could be one of those narcissist spouse.
I mean no offense nor disrespect.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Fearyourcreator: 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2023
TheCongo2:

The elder has spoken.
It takes a lot from a man not to have a broken home...

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Wawelexy(m): 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2023
[b][/b]
Dagrace01:

Oh you think tides don't change after marriage? U may be ready emotionally, financially and psychologically before venturing into marriage and things change couple of years after. We need to be constructive in our argument and statements, no one wants his marriage to fail but sometimes these things happen.
One may be financially bouyant but still not happy with the marriage because the wife or husband became narcissistic. We need to be able to dissect these things before jumping into conclusions.

Money alone is not what is needed, infact, mental capability which is also the psychology aspects I mentioned is what is needed most... Anyone who preaches to you that all will be well in marriage till the end is only lying to you, there are times when financial problems would rise, times when emotional problems will rise(this time you will feel no or little love for your partner) and times when psychological issues will come up(which is what that man is going through). Ability to sustain and survive all these moments is what makes you a Man, and no one is saying one should act superman when the situation is getting beyond one's capacity, this is why we have the option of divorce, this is better than running away and which really dealt with his integrity.... Our fathers passed through moment worse than this, yet they survived, tho I'm not comparing their days with ours, cos the women we have nowadays are nothing to write home about, but you get the point I'm driving at

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
Exceed15:
Hmm... Very educative. Wait till you u find yourself in big shit as a man , that's when u can ascertain the genuinety of your wife's love. Men, pls if the pressure is getting too much , don't die foolishly.. go to where u will find peace. They are not worth holding onto with your life.
Did anyone put a gun to your head to force you into this hypogamous marriage you chose of your own? undecided

2 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Dagrace01:
■ Oh you think tides don't change after marriage? U may be ready emotionally, financially and psychologically before venturing into marriage and things change couple of years after. We need to be constructive in our argument and statements, no one wants his marriage to fail but sometimes these things happen.
■ One may be financially bouyant but still not happy with the marriage because the wife or husband became narcissistic. We need to be able to dissect these things before jumping into conclusions.
1. Marriages fail everyday. In Northern Nigeria , the 50% legal divorce rate is indicative of this trend, a trend that has remained since as far back as the 1980s. However, in the southern parts of the country is where you find confusion as the divorce rate is artificially maintained at less than 1% all while people abscond like rats from their marriage vows leaving those left behind devastated and with no way to move forward. Why not seek legal divorce when marriage fails like sensible humans would? undecided

2. Again, divorce is as old as marriage itself so what exactly is stopping you using it to your benefit? undecided

2 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by TheCongo2: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

It takes a lot from a man not to have a broken home...

Going through your posts, I can tell you have experience. As for the youth who are commenting on this topic, they are only writing what we call in French du bla bla bla ... (meaning just making many noises ... lol)
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by TheCongo2: 3:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Marriages fail everyday. In Northern Nigeria , the 50% legal divorce rate is indicative of this trend, a trend that has remained since as far back as the 1980s. However, in the southern parts of the country is where you find confusion as the divorce rate is artificially maintained at less than 1% all while people abscond like rats from their marriage vows leaving those left behind devastated and with no way to move forward. Why not seek legal divorce when marriage fails like sensible humans would? undecided

2. Again, divorce is as old as marriage itself so what exactly is stopping you using it to your benefit? undecided

My brother Kobojunkie is back again with his Northern versus Southern issue.
Where are you getting those stats from ?
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2023
TheCongo2:
My brother Kobojunkie is back again with his Northern versus Southern issue. Where are you getting those stats from ?
You have access to this information right at your fingers tips so why aren't you using it? lipsrsealed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/features/2012/7/16/nigerias-kano-shakes-off-divorce-capital-tag
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Fearyourcreator: 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2023
TheCongo2:

Going through your posts, I can tell you have experience. As for the youth who are commenting on this topic, they are only writing what we call in French du bla bla bla ... (meaning just making many noises ... lol)
Only the wife and husband knows the real reasons them dey fight... It's always deeper than what another person would understand... Na them know why them dey fight... Dem fit lie give anybody...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Maysdevices(f): 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2023
TheCongo2:

I am afraid that you could be one of those narcissist spouse.
I mean no offense nor disrespect.
None taken. But you’re wrong, I just don’t suffer fools. Before you get married just know the marriage is about your children and not you.

A marriage is usually hell to both parties because most people marry for the wrong reasons but men feel they can walk out and live their lives while condemning mothers to a lifetime of loneliness stuck with children. Women usually stay because they have a deeper parental bond with their kids so they’ll never abandon them.

Not me. I’ll drop your kids in your fathers house where they belong and see them periodically like you have decided to. I have my life to live like you do and two can definitely play that game.

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by TheCongo2: 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
Maysdevices:
None taken. But you’re wrong, I just don’t suffer fools. Before you get married just know the marriage is about your children and not you.

A marriage is usually hell to both parties because most people marry for the wrong reasons but men feel they can walk out and live their lives while condemning mothers to a lifetime of loneliness stuck with children. Women usually stay because they have a deeper parental bond with their kids so they’ll never abandon them.

Not me. I’ll drop your kids in your fathers house where they belong and see them periodically like you have decided to . I have my life to live like you do and two can definitely play that game.

My dad won't let you do that ... lol
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by delishpot: 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
Franzinni:
haha there are still men who haven't gotten the memo or some who just want to validate anything a woman says with the hope of getting thier dicks wet. But we leave them to you all to at least have something to express your narcissism on. But for those who know how the game is played... We cool.

Yinmu grin grin
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by achimendy(m): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
Franzinni:
Women take note... All the cho cho cho you like to do in your h711ome, always trying to out talk your husband, soliciting advice from your hair dresser and your pastor and other idiots who are single or in a hellish relationship, hellbent on bringing you down to thier wrenched level ... Take note. Or you will become the example...

There is little or no benefit in marriage for men and most men stay with you ONLY becasue of the kids... They will endure your BS till they develop stroke and die unappreciated.

Marriage is a scam... That is why they give you certificate without exam.

Very correct

Ride on daddy.......lol
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by achimendy(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
Wawelexy:
To me, I see that man as a coward!!! Why not brace up and be brave to let your partner (the mother of your kids) know you are not feeling her anymore, tell her what the issue is and if no changes, tell her straight that you want to quit but still will be responsible for your kids welfare... I think that's better than running into the thin air like a car exhaust...

Do you even have the idea of what would have ran through the mind of your family, wife and even your kids for that period of 3 months? How do you want the kids to see their father? A coward? An irresponsible man who runs away from his burdens? An unfaithful man? The list goes on and on... As a kid, I can't even forgive such father... cos if you can do this now for an excuse as flimsy as this, then my future isn't save with you when bigger challenges shows up...

Na person wey wear shoe na him know where e dey pain am o.

Leave the man alone biko.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Maysdevices(f): 8:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
TheCongo2:

My dad won't let you do that ... lol
Good thing I’m not marrying you. Or anyone I would feel the need to do that to.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by TheCongo2: 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2023
Maysdevices:
Good thing I’m not marrying you. Or anyone I would feel the need to do that to.

It isn't a matter of what you feel the man would or wouldn't do.
As someone pointed on this post, tides change after marriage.
They may end up doing what you never thought they would. And you could be the one pushing them to that extend.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
TheCongo2:
It isn't a matter of what you feel the man would or wouldn't do.
As someone pointed on this post, tides change after marriage. They may end up doing what you never thought they would. And you could be the one pushing them to that extend.
That is why there is divorce, a legal route available to those no longer able to stomach those tides. undecided

2 Likes

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Sarsaproko: 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Check your local laws. undecided

What local laws are you talking about?
Spousal abandonment may involve criminal charges if money or property has been taken unlawfully..And if that is not case, the wife can file for divorce on the grounds of desertion..
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
Sarsaproko:

What local laws are you talking about?
Spousal abandonment may involve criminal charges if money or property has been taken unlawfully..And if that is not case, the wife can file for divorce on the grounds of desertion..
Google na your friend

https://www.nairaland.com/7492801/abandon-spouse-go-jail-three

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Dshocker(m): 6:42am On Feb 16, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
Even the story says that the man was always out late in the night drinking with his friends. That shows he was never a responsible husband. Some of these men always think that the grass is green at the other side. In my opinion, I don't think the woman lost anything good, cuz he was never a responsible man. She should give him time to return home, then if he doesn't, she will surely move on and be fine.

Lol

How can everything be fine, when Nigerian women are dependent on their husband.

If she moves on, she will suffer financial consequences grin
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 6:50am On Feb 16, 2023
Dshocker:
■ Lol How can everything be fine, when Nigerian women are dependent on their husband.
■ If she moves on, she will suffer financial consequences grin
1. Majority of Nigerian men enter into these same hypogamous unions for the sake of sitting as lords and providers to their women. --- some of them literally go out of their way to ensure the women have nothing to their name in order that they can beat their chests as providers ---- so how can any sane individual pretend the women are to blame? undecided

2. So she should sit back and continue as a dependent on her husband then? undecided
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Dshocker(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Majority of Nigerian men enter into these same hypogamous unions for the sake of sitting as lords and providers to their women. --- some of them literally go out of their way to ensure the women have nothing to their name in order that they can beat their chests as providers ---- so how can any sane individual pretend the women are to blame? undecided

2. So she should sit back and continue as a dependent on her husband then? undecided

Please don't blame me, i just stated the truth...
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 7:09am On Feb 16, 2023
Dshocker:
Please don't blame me, i just stated the truth...
What truth? You basically disregarded the reality of things in order that you can lay blame on women. undecided
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Abokisulay(m): 8:27am On Feb 16, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko, Keep shut!

Why are you men so confused undecided. She declared her husband missing, you said she never loved him.

I'm sure if she did not declare her husband missing, you'll still use derogatory words on her. You men are really confused oo undecided

The wife even asked where she went wrong in the marriage so could adjust. The man is just a randy irresponsible man!!

Confused irresponsible men everywhere!! Shior!!

Broke entitled girl has spoken
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Abokisulay(m): 8:28am On Feb 16, 2023
Zonefree:

I don't indulge scumbàgs any longer.

She's a frustrated broke ass girl
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Abokisulay(m): 8:29am On Feb 16, 2023
Persephone1:
Nigerian men do ask questions but only about what a lady is wearing and when she will be visiting grin cheesy grin

Speak for yourself

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Siblings Recreate Old Family Photo / How To Get Over Trauma Of Wife Past Life / None Of My Fiance's Family Members Likes Me. Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.