Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? (24718 Views)

My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
. Let me guess... those men are too stewpid to seek divorce in the case that they are unhappy in marriage because women are to blame for it all? undecided
They are living in their homes and experiencing what is happening in it and not you..
They don't have to justify any action they took,to conserve their sanity to you..
When it happens to you,you are also free to deal with it however you want..
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
Thegoodone13:
. You can't understand.
I can't understand that you are torn between demanding your wife foot part of the bill for the upkeep of her own family, and your ego telling you that as man you ought to carry it all alone? You are obviously bitter that she gets to pocket all of her money while you continue to slave away to soothe your ego. She no send you! undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
FlipModeSquade:
■ They are living in their homes and experiencing what is happening in it and not you..They don't have to justify any action they took,to conserve their sanity to you..
■ When it happens to you,you are also free to deal with it however you want..
1. If they are living well with it why the complaints dey reach us wey we dey outside of their homes? undecided

2. I am neither a coward nor an irresponsible being. I know to do the right thing at least for my own sake, and the sake of others. lipsrsealed

Even uneducated northerners know to do the right thing. Same can't be said of southerners who claim they are better educated.. undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Allisgud: 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
litigator:
He he told his wife he was going to work as usual and might be working late since it was a Friday.

Like previous times, his wife felt he was out drinking with friends and will be back the next morning. But he never did. He simply sold his car that afternoon, took an 11pm flight and never came back.

They had considered him missing and was about filing a missing person claim save for his best friend who had the courage to tell the wife that her husband wasn’t missing. He simply disappeared willingly into thin air.

It was after 3 months a strange number called her to ask after the kids. It was their father who had disappeared from work and traumatized his family.

He now wants to be in the life of his kids, but he is done with his wife. He is never coming back her. He feels she is a destiny killer who married him best he had the capacity to provide and not because she loved him.

The wife can’t help but ask where she went wrong in her marriage and what she wasn’t doing right.

According to him, he felt his wife was simply using him as a provider and a means of financial security. She never truly loved him.

He didn’t want the messy stuff of moving out into another part of the city and the attendant family meetings with everyone trying to convince him to stay.

He felt disappearing to another country where he will be able to start all over again and rebuild his life was the best thing to do.

Have you ever thought of leaving your family and disappearing into another part of the world to start all over again?

Why?
I swear their are many married men like that,who feel like going off marriage for like a year without responsibility
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Allisgud:
I swear their are many married men like that,who feel like going off marriage for like a year without responsibility
Are these majorly men in hypogamous unions? undecided
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Franking: 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Franzinni:
Women take note... All the cho cho cho you like to do in your home, always trying to out talk your husband, soliciting advice from your hair dresser and your pastor and other idiots who are single or in a hellish relationship, hellbent on bringing you down to thier wrenched level ... Take note. Or you will become the example...

There is little or no benefit in marriage for men and most men stay with you ONLY becasue of the kids... They will endure your BS till they develop stroke and die unappreciated.

Marriage is a scam... That is why they give you certificate without exam.

Nothing else to add.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Klass99(f): 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Ramanto(m): 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
No. Without many family we life will have no meaning. The zeal to succeed will vanish in me

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by TheGift: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
litigator:
He he told his wife he was going to work as usual and might be working late since it was a Friday.

Like previous times, his wife felt he was out drinking with friends and will be back the next morning. But he never did. He simply sold his car that afternoon, took an 11pm flight and never came back.

They had considered him missing and was about filing a missing person claim save for his best friend who had the courage to tell the wife that her husband wasn’t missing. He simply disappeared willingly into thin air.

It was after 3 months a strange number called her to ask after the kids. It was their father who had disappeared from work and traumatized his family.

He now wants to be in the life of his kids, but he is done with his wife. He is never coming back her. He feels she is a destiny killer who married him best he had the capacity to provide and not because she loved him.

The wife can’t help but ask where she went wrong in her marriage and what she wasn’t doing right.

According to him, he felt his wife was simply using him as a provider and a means of financial security. She never truly loved him.

He didn’t want the messy stuff of moving out into another part of the city and the attendant family meetings with everyone trying to convince him to stay.

He felt disappearing to another country where he will be able to start all over again and rebuild his life was the best thing to do.

Have you ever thought of leaving your family and disappearing into another part of the world to start all over again?

Why?

No I haven't . But I don't think it is necessary, because it is somewhat impossible. You will always feel that connection to all those you abandoned, if no one else, your kids.

Like this One that only after 3 months wants to have relationship with the kids without relating with the mother? Impossible. Both their blood flows in the children's veins.

The guy needs to accept His role in ending up in that situation, face it, deal with it rather than run away.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Goldbw122(m): 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
goodmike7:

He is not a coward..do you know how many times some married men have called their wives to order, do you know how many nights they have woken up their wives to register their dissatisfaction? Do you know how many times they took their women to facy restaurant or quiet places to talk sense into them?

Personally, I know of a Nigerian man, who one day after so much efforts, left the house he built, the properties,kids. and cars..he took only a bag and travelled. Most premature death of men is as a result of an unhappy marriage. Some is because the loving women and respecful women they married suddenly becomes a nightmare to them.

I know a lot and this is why getting married is beginning to scare me, i will settle as a baby daddy.

Sure banker
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by guysbewise: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
sukkot:
guy , most marriages are created by Satan but not all lol. The marriages created by Satan ? The woman is the one running the show and she is the enforcer and executioner in the house but that marriage created by GOD it is the man running the show while the woman is under complete subjection BUT for GOD to create your marriage the man has to be a man who does right by GOD. A righteous man. So all you guys who have terroristic women At home and marriages run by Satan you hsve to understand that GOD is angry at you and has handed you to "Satan and his disciple" aka your wife lmaooo

If God created marriage then we won't be told that "he who finds a good wife finds a good treasure" it would have been "he who God finds a wife to have a good treasure". Jesus also said that at the resurrection there will be no marriage. If God created marriage then marriage would continue after the resurrection.

If either you are not married yet or if you are married then your wife depends on you for money, because once a woman is financially independent only GOD can save that man from the mistake he has made by getting married. If the man loses his job and cannot find another job quickly then that man is finished.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Belleful: 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
Me too is planning to run far from my wife anytime soon. I have three kids, and I'm struggling financially to meet up. I'm owning landlord, my kids going to school have not been regular. My wife was diagnosed with heart related sickness in 2021, that drained my money. She have been on drugs since then. Before the sickness, she use to work. But now since like September last year that she is strong, she have refused to do anything. All she does is sit at home , eat and nag about me not being able to provide all she needs. I have talked things over with her on more than one occasion, and I have even reported her to her mom. Yet no changes. She looks like who the enemies are using to get at me.
So I'm planning on running away from her. I'm planning to take my kids to my elder sister place. But if she refused, I will leave them for her, and try to be sending something for her.

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by TimT: 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
tiswell:
and what happens to the kids he already has with the wife?
With which wife The wife he said is an "enemy of progress"
He should just move on with his life and forget about his kids...
The wife should strive to take care of the kids and make sure everyday, she lets the children see the kind of heartless man their father is....
The man is a nonsense man

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by moneyissweet(m): 6:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
All Nigeria women sucks.

Jennyclay:
Biko, Keep shut!

Why are you men so confused undecided. She declared her husband missing, you said she never loved him.

I'm sure if she did not declare her husband missing, you'll still use derogatory words on her. You men are really confused oo undecided

The wife even asked where she went wrong in the marriage so could adjust. The man is just a randy irresponsible man!!

Confused irresponsible men everywhere!! Shior!!
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Lionnation: 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
jeff1607:
After 3months she decided to file for a missing person! Your own husband?

This story doesn’t add up
for back and read the story again and understand, the ma only called after 3months
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by akpunda86: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
litigator:

Why?

Sure every day thoughts but kids keep me back
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by 1Alex: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Maigaskiya04:
I will never have such a thought inshaAllah.
My wife and kids are the coolness of my eyes and the sources of my happiness.

Are you married?

If yes, then you are a very lucky man.

If No, then wait till you get married before you conclude.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Qatar2022: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Wawelexy:
To me, I see that man as a coward!!! Why not brace up and be brave to let your partner (the mother of your kids) know you are not feeling her anymore, tell her what the issue is and if no changes, tell her straight that you want to quit but still will be responsible for your kids welfare... I think that's better than running into the thin air like a car exhaust...

Do you even have the idea of what would have ran through the mind of your family, wife and even your kids for that period of 3 months? How do you want the kids to see their father? A coward? An irresponsible man who runs away from his burdens? An unfaithful man? The list goes on and on... As a kid, I can't even forgive such father... cos if you can do this now for an excuse as flimsy as this, then my future isn't save with you when bigger challenges shows up...
I don't what you are but people like you die early in marriage
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Qatar2022: 7:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Regardless of the way he claims he felt, he committed a crime - marriage abandonment--- and the wife ought to have him charged for such foolishness. undecided

2. Regardless of reason or excuse, it is a crime punishable by jail term. undecided
When a kid talk you will know
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by ravensckar(m): 7:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
Wawelexy:
To me, I see that man as a coward!!! Why not brace up and be brave to let your partner (the mother of your kids) know you are not feeling her anymore, tell her what the issue is and if no changes, tell her straight that you want to quit but still will be responsible for your kids welfare... I think that's better than running into the thin air like a car exhaust...

Do you even have the idea of what would have ran through the mind of your family, wife and even your kids for that period of 3 months? How do you want the kids to see their father? A coward? An irresponsible man who runs away from his burdens? An unfaithful man? The list goes on and on... As a kid, I can't even forgive such father... cos if you can do this now for an excuse as flimsy as this, then my future isn't save with you when bigger challenges shows up...
When person wey never marry drop quote, e no dey hard to know. It's easy for you to hide behind your keyboard and label another man a 'coward' when infact you have never been in that condition. Dey Play!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by bassdow: 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
Klass99:

Megareal's 2021 post has always stuck with me because it first validated a suspicion I had and then it also validated some of what my married relatives, friends and classmates had shared over the years.

I think that saying misery loves company is accurate. I will never forget the new neighbours who moved into my area and on our second meeting the wife asked are you married? I said no and then she goes into a prophetic prayer of marriage and kids for me.

In less than 2 weeks of them moving in, I heard screaming and shouting coming from their crib one night around 11pm.
Wifey: If you ever slap me again, you will see shege, I have given my people the address to this new house, they will trace you and deal with you.
Hubby: Look at this stupid and useless woman I helped you by marrying you.
Me: I mentally cringe and think to myself, do this people not know that the neighbours can hear them?

This scenario was a regular occurrence for the two years they lived there. And they had 3 kids whom they would also fight in front of. Her 7 year old daughter once asked her, why does daddy treat you this way or why did daddy marry you, if he treats you like this?

Her prophetic prayer was amusing for me back then and still is today, because without knowing me well enough, she assumed like most people do that marriage and kids were my greatest desires and problem as a woman. Whereas they weren't!

so you don't want to be RESPONSIBLE ba ?

You can not be ENJOYing while they are SUFFERing, hence reason she PRAYed for YoU
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by deavicky(m): 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
litigator:

Why?
lol very funny. The tot of my family will not even allow me sleep outside.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by deavicky(m): 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
jeff1607:

I thi k u should go back and re-read the post because it appears there is a little comprehension problem here.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Timetravel88: 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2023
Franzinni:
Women take note... All the cho cho cho you like to do in your home, always trying to out talk your husband, soliciting advice from your hair dresser and your pastor and other idiots who are single or in a hellish relationship, hellbent on bringing you down to thier wrenched level ... Take note. Or you will become the example...

There is little or no benefit in marriage for men and most men stay with you ONLY becasue of the kids... They will endure your BS till they develop stroke and die unappreciated.

Marriage is a scam... That is why they give you certificate without exam.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I don laff taya for here ooo
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Afodot0022(m): 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
One thing i know is that men go through alot in marriage. I cant count how many times i have thought about leaving and am sure virtually 95%of married men have felt that way except they are men that are not responsible and dont care. Women have tendencies to frustrate your life. My own frustrated me despite taking full financial responsibility for her and the kids, working my ass off to put food on their table, what she ended up paying me is by cheating on me with another man. Pls what could be painful and killing than this for a man. Thank God am out of the fucking marriage and have my kids to my custody, now i have peace and rest of mind. Let her go and meet the stupid man that is deceiving her cos they dont have any sense in their head. Stupid gender

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Markrony: 8:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
This is a sign that someone is not mature enough to go into marriage. Enven the Bible made it clear that marriage is between a man and a woman, not boy and girl. Some people do not know or understand the meaning of marriage. Though, in a situation like this, its the girl that pushed him into marriage unprepared. He left out of regret, that he was doing well when he was single but now he could not cope due to responsibilies. My advice to young boys and girls; marriage is quite different from mere relationship. In ordinary relationship, the young man can run away, but in a marriage, two families are involve and children as well. When you displace such awkward behaviour, you will be regarded as an irresponsible guy. Don't marry a girl that doesn't have anything doing. Either she has business or that she is a graduate with a job or that you have money to setup a business for her. Dont rush into marriage because you have one million in your account. If you marry and save money dont buy a car, rather, invest. Take these advices like seriously!

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by theamazonguru(m): 8:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
jeff1607:

Make una dey cool down dey read something na.
Now read again.
Now gently.

These are 2 different facts you mixed up as one, and you hastily concluded the story doesn't add up.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Qatar2022:

I don't what you are but people like you die early in marriage
Only fools die early in marriage. Even Hausa cow herders know that when a marriage is no longer working between partners, what a couple ought to do is get a legal divorce from each other. undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by DearGorgeous(f): 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
jeff1607:

It's a true life story of a man lifted from Facebook. Someone asked a question and the man's answer became a sensation.

The Op here would have acknowledged the source by pasting the link.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
Afodot0022:
■ One thing i know is that men go through alot in marriage. I cant count how many times i have thought about leaving and am sure virtually 95%of married men have felt that way except they are men that are not responsible and dont care.
Women have tendencies to frustrate your life. My own frustrated me despite taking full financial responsibility for her and the kids, working my ass off to put food on their table, what she ended up paying me is by cheating on me with another man. Pls what could be painful and killing than this for a man.
■ Thank God am out of the fucking marriage and have my kids to my custody, now i have peace and rest of mind. Let her go and meet the stupid man that is deceiving her cos they dont have any sense in their head. Stupid gender
1. Why na southern men dey go through a lot in marriage? Your northern counterparts who were raised to rightly seek divorce when marriage becomes too much for them to bare, no be men dem be? undecided

2. So na only southern men women dey do all this to. Northern men na saints abi? There women no dey do same to them? This una Victim mentality/ Messiah complex for southern Nigeria dey too much abeg! undecided

3. Choose divorce if you find yourself with a partner that is not in agreement with you so you can peacefully go on to find that one that is. Not whine and blame women for even all the stewpidity of men particularly in the south. Divorce has always been available to all as an option out of marriage. It is available for all both in the South and in the North. So only a silly individual would chose to run away like a rat rather than calmly file for divorce for put a final distance between himself and the one he believes is responsible for his problems. undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by NoToPile: 8:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
What's the nonsense gan. If everybody disappears because of marriage responsibilities what happens.

So it's only men that face pressures from marital responsibilities. Women too don't feel like running away from responsibilities abi yet they stay.

Bash women as usual if you want to but you guys should stop talking nonsense.

I just wonder what kind of boys are being raised nowadays on Nairaland always whining and wailing about everything.
Re: As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? by Maigaskiya04: 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
1Alex:

Are you married?

If yes, then you are a very lucky man.

If No, then wait till you get married before you conclude.

I'm happily married with two amazing kids and a beautiful wife sir. And what I stated above is nothing but TRUTH.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Celebrates Christmas With Her Quadruplet, Shares Adorable Photos / Siblings Recreate Old Family Photo / How To Get Over Trauma Of Wife Past Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.