Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. (32362 Views)

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid / Wife & Mother-In-Law Fight Over Who Will Sit In Front Of Her Husband's Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Nwagod26: 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
And I guess your relationship with your wife and mother-in-law is in great health abi? Since you distanced yourself from your won mother, has your wife distanced herself from hers?

Oga use your head oooo. No woman wants to lose what give her joy, and for your own mother, na you dey give her joy ooo. For you keeping quiet that your own wife hasn't reached out to your own mum, hasn't asked that you both do, at least, ma guy you don go marry pesin wey worse pass your mama ooo.

We live in a clime were religion has ruined thinking of many, especially women. I would have expected that you as a grown man, and experienced would wade in to offer teachings to your mother on what is especially in a world were dynamism has come. Instead you dey here dey tell us say since your wife no dey call your mama, na so you just dey flex peace. Baba get sense. If you lose your life today, your will move on, get married, have those kids for another man. But your mum, may never recover from that shock. Come to think of it, do you not think you and your wife should learn to bring your mother close, with sense and show her love? Make her know that marriage is not about tribe and religion? Even th religion sef, na christian christian for da mata. Guy go and restore peace in your home. If Dem talk of men stamping authority, na here Dem need am no be by beating wife and barking orders. Let your mum know your wife and kids are now centre, let your wife know that your mum is your responsibility biko
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by pocohantas(f): 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2023
dominique:
Your wife is 100% to blame for this. How can you open your eyes and marry into a family where you're not wanted? It's only a matter of time before the mother in-law will recruit more family members against you and your husband will be forced to side with them. It will take an extremely strong willed man to protect his wife from the animosity she will face from her in-laws that don't like her, a kind of strong will most Nigerian men don't possess. No amount of virtuousness can change the mind of in-laws wey no like you but desperation to answer Mrs no dey let you see road. You go do "hide my id" tire

No lies! Peter of PSquare is 1 in 1 million.

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Norah199: 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2023
iamme1234:
My wife is cool with it and said she doesn’t want that closeness with my mom even though she has forgiven her too.

Bro dont hate ur mum for ur wife
Please be guided
I have once fall in this category sometimes ago
I applied maturity.
And all goes well later.
Do not hate ur mum because of your wife master.
If your mum didnt birth you, ur wife wont see u.
Remember wifey might go away in life when life turns red in living and financial aspect,but ur family remains till christ comes.

Naa I don’t hate my mom at all. If you read clearly you would see I still take care of her and her needs. Everything she did though was extreme and is enough reason for most children to abandon their mom but I never did. I still do my duties as a son
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Norah199: 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2023
Nwagod26:
And I guess your relationship with your wife and mother-in-law is in great health abi? Since you distanced yourself from your won mother, has your wife distanced herself from hers?

Oga use your head oooo. No woman wants to lose what give her joy, and for your own mother, na you dey give her joy ooo. For you keeping quiet that your own wife hasn't reached out to your own mum, hasn't asked that you both do, at least, ma guy you don go marry pesin wey worse pass your mama ooo.

We live in a clime were religion has ruined thinking of many, especially women. I would have expected that you as a grown man, and experienced would wade in to offer teachings to your mother on what is especially in a world were dynamism has come. Instead you dey here dey tell us say since your wife no dey call your mama, na so you just dey flex peace. Baba get sense. If you lose your life today, your will move on, get married, have those kids for another man. But your mum, may never recover from that shock. Come to think of it, do you not think you and your wife should learn to bring your mother close, with sense and show her love? Make her know that marriage is not about tribe and religion? Even th religion sef, na christian christian for da mata. Guy go and restore peace in your home. If Dem talk of men stamping authority, na here Dem need am no be by beating wife and barking orders. Let your mum know your wife and kids are now centre, let your wife know that your mum is your responsibility biko
I don’t think you read clearly what I wrote there.
What do you mean distant my self? Maybe you should go back and read again but this time read to understand. Thanks
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by StrongAlphMale: 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Daft people are actually better than you because it's obvious you are senseless, also, it seems comprehension skills escaped your brain, because I'm trying to understand the correlation between my comment and your senseless rant

I quoted an idiot that skipped understanding claiming to know the Op's mum better than the Op, you are telling me what the wife did or didn't do, she is already in the marriage, you dey rant on what she should have done before marriage, na you wan unmarry her or what? We are trying to move forward, you dey think and move backward, na so your brain develop reach?

What is the solution since Op is already married, abi you no fit read and understand wetin Op type? He said his mum is the problem, why is the wife your focus, abi you no dey reason?

Sense is free, use it diligently.

If not that you're really daft and lack sense, you would have even rushed to the comment section and see where your fellow gender totally blamed the wife for marrying in a family where she's not needed. Abi you dey mad nii?

If the so called wife wasn't blinded by Money and material things, pretty sure she would have been living happily with another man where she'll be fully accepted.

Since you're so daft and believe one sided part of a story, we sane nairalanders are not so daft like you. The OP has clearly portrays his mother as evil. Really? Like she's the problem here? And you believed that? Are you not even more daft than those werey feminist? Abi are you supporting the op's wife because you feel she's the same age grade as you?

If to say you get sense, you would have known that a man who's blindly in love with a woman cannot be advised. This is called emotionally weakness. We never expected the op to say his wife was the problem before because dude is in emotional weakness with his wife.

I'll urge you to desist from quoting me if you're too daft to comprehend what I just wrote above
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Ezini(f): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2023
OP
Some people may attack me for what I'm about to say ,but do look into it at your own time:

There's a thin line between white garment church and voodooism,. Your mother will most likely do anything possible spiritually and otherwise to destroy your marriage unless you become very frantic with prayers,. She is already blinded by hate,, which has an association with witchcraft. Let your wife start praying in earnest even you,
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Youngqueen(f): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Why always women giving problem in this world? Do we all agreed that a male child is by far better than a female child? Because it appears the bolded confirms it.

We have never heard Father inlaw, son, his father all fighting?

I guess we're naturally wired so. However some women are totally in control of their emotions that they strive not to be burden to their children and family at large.
I want to be that woman. I pray God help me cos I don't want to lose my children while being too overprotective. It's just crazy
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Lovelyn451(f): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
I'm sure you're yoruba, it's normal. I don't know how igbo women mearried to yorba men cope with thefamily. Them go use tribalism kill you. Hate you for nothing. A woman with an only son that should be eager to have a grandchild I'd there being bitter for her dil
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by felixxy(m): 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
Norah199:
Good morning guys. I need some matured minds and married men and women in the house to look into this matter and give me an ideal way to go about this. Would be a long read pls bear with me.

So late late 2021, I got married to my long time girlfriend. Before the marriage, my mom had a little reservation about the girl and her family for some odd reasons due to her tribe. She’s Igbo. Everything was funny because the first day I introduced my wife to my mom. She liked her and everything was cool. They where going on well until my mom started telling me she’s having some dreams about the girl and her family. She’s white garment member. I think her dislike started growing when she told my wife about her church and she said she can’t go to her church for any reason. I was a former member of the church when I was a teenager but with time as I grew I stopped going to the church not because it’s a bad church or something wrong with it. I just don’t fancy going there and also not a church type of person. My mom believe it was the girl that made me stopped going to the church which was funny. She has said that several times.

For the record, I’m an only child of my mother, my dad is late and she’s yet to marry again. I do everything for her like her rent, monthly upkeep, and also got her a good car. Initially I thought she was doing all these because she felt she hasn’t enjoyed me yet and another woman is coming into the picture which is normal for most parents. So I did everything I could to make her comfortable before my wedding.

We did the wedding and everything went on smoothly aprt from some normal family disputes and all but the wedding was successful. Deep down I know my mom still doesn’t like my girl because of her statement s most times but I don’t always give her that room so she’s always quiet and rather not talk what’s on her mind.
Later on, my mom started complaining of the money I give to her. She seems not to be ok with it. Trust me guys. I do more than enough for my mom. I just tried my best to handle everything well and sometimes allow her have her ways with her demands so she doesn’t see my wife as a stumbling block to her.

To cut the long story short, my wife took in and was due for delivery and her mother came like a month before the delivery. Actually my wife had a false labour that made us rush to the hospital and doctor said she has very high maleria and was in serious labor. I called the mother immediately and she started coming the next morning because she lives in the East. The doctor gave her some injections and drugs for the maleria and the labor stopped. Doctor told us it wasn’t the right time for the baby to come out because it was 8 months.
The next morning when she was strong, we went back home with the mother that was already in town.

The mother decided to stay till the delivery instead of going back and coming again when she delivers which I supported.
Two weeks the doctor gave us turned to 1 month and labor didn’t still come. All these while I never knew my mom was so bitter that my mother inlaw was in my house for that long. She once asked me why the woman didn’t go and come back. It was that bad. To make matters worse, I lost my child after a CS was done on my wife. It appeared the baby was in distress which the doctors failed to notice and came out with birth asphyxia. After about two weeks, she died. I opened a thread on that.

Problem started after I buried my child. Everyone was in sorrow and so much pains especially my wife. A day after the burial my mother called my mother inlaw and asked her why she hasn’t gone yet. Started accusing the woman of killing the child and all manners of things. How she had turned her husband to vegetable and now she wants to teach her daughter how to turn her son into vegetable too. It was really bad. They both insulted each other and quarreled seriously on the phone just a day after the lost of my child. She also called my wife and told her “shebi she doesn’t want children” my wife was quiet and didn’t utter a word.

I was in so much pain and so pissed at my mom for everything she did and didn’t even speak to her for like a month even though I still sent her upkeep money. I reported her to her uncle and a few respected people. I don’t know if they talked to her but nothing was done. No body called for any meeting even her own pastor that I reported to. Instead he told me it’s woman talk. That they both insulted each other and the rest..

After that incident till date. My wife, mother, and mother inlaw haven’t spoken to each other even though I have had more peace since then but the fact still remains my mom and wife are not in good terms. I have long forgiven and moved on with my mom even though that closeness is not there but I don’t fail to send her money for upkeep every month. My wife is cool with it and said she doesn’t want that closeness with my mom even though she has forgiven her too.

My mom and I talks once in a while and never for once has she asked about my wife since that incident and my wife hasn’t called either which I don’t blame her. The last time I visited my mom. She said some ill things about my wife and her family and even told me my wife is not my rightful wife and some other things. I usually don’t listen to her talks because I know how religion has turned so many people into something else.

The question right now guys. What do I do in this situation. The truth is nothing can change my moms mind about my wife and her family. But still as a husband, I still feel somehow knowing my wife and mom are not in good terms. My mother inlaw the last time told me she wants to make peace with my mom that they can’t keep fighting forever especially because of her daughter. But deep down I know the thought my mom have about them. So I just told her it’s not the right time and with time everything will be fine. I can’t force my wife to call my mom because she didn’t do no wrong. At the same time my mom won’t even listen to me for any peace making. There are more things to say but I will end here. Sorry for the long write up.
Your opinions would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you 🙏

I took my time to read through. I observed that you are a good person. Issues in marriage is something that you can not avoid, it will come in different ways but the problem would be if you can not manage the the very well. The ability to manage issues well in marriage makes you a man. It takes a man with wisdom to handle this issue well.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by StrongAlphMale: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2023
Youngqueen:

I guess we're naturally wired so. However some women are totally in control of their emotions that they strive not to be burden to their children and family at large.
I want to be that woman. I pray God help me cos I don't want to lose my children while being too overprotective. It's just crazy

Has your mother lost you for being overprotective?
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by iamme1234(m): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2023
Norah199:

Naa I don’t hate my mom at all. If you read clearly you would see I still take care of her and her needs. Everything she did though was extreme and is enough reason for most children to abandon their mom but I never did. I still do my duties as a son

Master i understand you. But am still seating on a point that she is innocent. Its just that itara is what she is calculative off. I cant tell u some stuffs here due to one or two.
Let me give u an instance
Sometimes ago i was dating a lady
To a point that we almost got married.
My mum called me and says bayo this lady u cant marry her
I said never dont tell me such
I said why she said what am seeing you arent seeing it. From my mind i said this iya oko pattern is about to befall me.
Then i was working with one bank then
Things were going well and well.
The lady got pregnant
After 4 months miscarriage
Miscarriage.
To a point i started fighting my mum if she is the one swallowing the pregnancy.
I didnt knows God has planned for me
So gentle cute girl then.
But in spiritual realm she is the boss.
Broda peope might give u advice here but be wary of the ones you pick.
Most em dishing advice here are kids
Who has no experience in marriage
If u see far broda
From my mind,ur mum is trying to prevent one or two in the future.
Which is still new to you..
I wish u well master
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Zonefree(m): 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2023
Beremx:
Ass-wipe, get a life and stop exhibiting idiotic failed upbringing from your mother on nairaland. It says a lot how your childhood was damaged and can never be redeemed. Instead of hating on all women, why not channel your hatred on your loving mother who failed to properly train you in the absence of your father?

Thunder fire you if you quote me again!!
Shapeless dunce, wetin that useless man you called husband see for that bountiful and protruded belly of yours? No sane man should get excited seeing you naked. You look like a disorganized bag of beans. Sorry no sorry.

It's always shapeless things on Nairaland that form nonsense. Useless slút !
Go and take care of your body before you share your opinion here. Anu!

2 Likes

Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by KingEdwinNL: 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2023
I have US, UK & Poland Facebook accounts with dating, also available are Instagram, LinkedIn and we chat all in bulk.
I also sell premium VPN Logins (PIA/Express)
I also have foreign numbers for online verifications.

Contact me now now on whatsapp on zero9zero3156zero4zero4 let's deal.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2023
The worse of thing for a mother in law to do to her daughter in law is to accuse her daughter in law of killing her child. That is very insensitive and wicked thing your mum did. your mum need to apologize to your wife. Miscarriage are very painful and touching subject to any expecting mother. Your Mum Don cross boundaries, have more children and hopefully all these matter go resolved on it own
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by HIPROFILE(m): 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2023
Just as you rightly said allow more time bro…and at the right time peace will happen for all involved most especially keep doing all you do for both your mum and wifey pray and work towards your next baby I am sure your next baby will be pivotal to the absolute peace you seek..I don't know you but I like the kind of guy you are I can say you've got great sense of humor and matured enough to really be a father and husband. May God continue to bless your home and whatever good you do for a living.

2 Likes

Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by oka4ugoo: 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2023
Nwodosis:

Guy, why did he marry then, since it is only his mother that can give him true care and love?

You dey mind the idiot.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by BlongTrendies(f): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Until we hear the op's mom side of this story, this story no clear. The OP painted the whole narrative to make it seem like the mother is evil. That's a turn off.

The wife on the other side isn't even helping matters. What stops her from calling her mother in law? If she had made reasonable efforts to make peace with her mother in law and the woman refuses then we can be sure on how to go about this, knowing that the woman is the problem.

The OP is obviously hiding something. The mother can't just hate the wife overnight even though there are Women like that. Which one is he shouldn't confront her in any way? The OP should talk to his wife to play her path and seek for peace.

Hearing from the mom side: Did you see the part where he said he has reported her to people and the situation has not being resolved. His mom will never see reason and will never want to understand why her son should be happy with his new woman.

If you have a wonderful mom, then you are blessed. Cherish her everday. Because I know that not all husbands' mom are like that. We have MILs who go to the extreme. Believe me, Op's mom is one.

I have been faced with a similar situation. You don't know how mean some mother-in-laws can be. Their word is law especially if they don't have a husband. They feel they can control the lives of their sons.

Now let's talk about the wife seeking peace. If I tell you things I have personally done to be good to mine you will pity me.

I have come to my mother-in-law several times to beg her to talk to her. Mine is so creative on ways she can use to frustrate you.

1. She told me as far as she is alive, her son does not have a right to make his own decisions. He should do what she wants when she wants.

2. If I really want to make peace with her, I should give up my kids and walk away.

3. Once when I had a difficult pregnancy, I was told to have a bed rest for 3 months. Meaning I stopped work and business.

Mamma came one morning begging me to follow her to the bank. Cos she needed to do some paperwork and none of her other kids had her time. Despite she knew that I was bleeding and vomiting, I followed her backing my first daughter. She had a car (the one I got for her) She decided to park it. We walked a long distance that spaned two bustops.

I didn't complain. I learnt not to. We got into public transport, the conductor asked her for money. My mother-in-law pretended to be deaf and dump pointing her hands at me to pay.

She BAE bae bae her way throughout the three buses we took to get to the bank. Thank God I had money in my purse, I would have been disgraced. Not to talk of the embarrassment she gave me at the banking hall.

Mumu me. I kept pushing for peace. Do you know what made me stop. One day she showed up at my rented apartment naked. From her house. She came naked on a Sunday morning during the lock down carrying a calabash saying I must run mad.

My landlord and neighbours had to step in. Told me I have tried and I should sit back. They had witnessed the countless occasions of this woman making trouble when she comes.

As a woman there are some experiences you should not go through at all in the name of making peace. I took so much.

Why am I using my experience to illustrate OP's current scenario? It's a young marriage and the mom is just getting started. My husband's brothers are also facing the shit my husband is facing. Their mom had a lot of boys and she is melting the same treatment to all we wives.

Does it mean we are all bad?
Sometimes we sit and cry. A shile wo. Meaning we miss house enter.

Some mother-in-laws are wicked with matching shoes of envy, to go with matching headtie of misery to go along with big bag of frustrations.

As a woman if you feel your mother-ln-law is giving you serious vibes, just work and pray. Respect your husband, show love and care when you can. If she is fetish, that's the end. Cos she will make sure your life is miserable. Try to reach out and make peace. If she doesn't just stop. Cos nothing you'll ever do will please her. And if you cross the line, get ready to do something you will forever regret.

2 Likes

Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by BlongTrendies(f): 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ezini:
OP
Some people may attack me for what I'm about to say ,but do look into it at your own time:

There's a thin line between white garment church and voodooism,. Your mother will most likely do anything possible spiritually and otherwise to destroy your marriage unless you become very frantic with prayers,. She is already blinded by hate,, which has an association with witchcraft. Let your wife start praying in earnest even you,

My point exactly.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by BlongTrendies(f): 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2023
Lovelyn451:
I'm sure you're yoruba, it's normal. I don't know how igbo women mearried to yorba men cope with thefamily. Them go use tribalism kill you. Hate you for nothing. A woman with an only son that should be eager to have a grandchild I'd there being bitter for her dil

It didn't want to say it o. I know he is Yoruba.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Babastrong(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
[quote author=Weirdcamila post=121037857]Your mom is a trouble maker.[ stop your mouth. What do you know. Hope you are the types that wake up their parents with legs.]
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by achimendy(m): 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
Duchessree:
There's nothing that can be done, please leave them like that.

Not in my house dear.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Babastrong(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2023
Our parents taught us not to buy cold pap where the basket is too high. WE KEPT THIS ADVICE IN OUR LEFT HAND IN ORDER TO HAVE PEACE OF MIND.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Karnice600: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2023
Norah199:
Good morning guys. I need some matured minds and married men and women in the house to look into this matter and give me an ideal way to go about this. Would be a long read pls bear with me.

So late late 2021, I got married to my long time girlfriend. Before the marriage, my mom had a little reservation about the girl and her family for some odd reasons due to her tribe. She’s Igbo. Everything was funny because the first day I introduced my wife to my mom. She liked her and everything was cool. They where going on well until my mom started telling me she’s having some dreams about the girl and her family. She’s white garment member. I think her dislike started growing when she told my wife about her church and she said she can’t go to her church for any reason. I was a former member of the church when I was a teenager but with time as I grew I stopped going to the church not because it’s a bad church or something wrong with it. I just don’t fancy going there and also not a church type of person. My mom believe it was the girl that made me stopped going to the church which was funny. She has said that several times.

For the record, I’m an only child of my mother, my dad is late and she’s yet to marry again. I do everything for her like her rent, monthly upkeep, and also got her a good car. Initially I thought she was doing all these because she felt she hasn’t enjoyed me yet and another woman is coming into the picture which is normal for most parents. So I did everything I could to make her comfortable before my wedding.

We did the wedding and everything went on smoothly aprt from some normal family disputes and all but the wedding was successful. Deep down I know my mom still doesn’t like my girl because of her statement s most times but I don’t always give her that room so she’s always quiet and rather not talk what’s on her mind.
Later on, my mom started complaining of the money I give to her. She seems not to be ok with it. Trust me guys. I do more than enough for my mom. I just tried my best to handle everything well and sometimes allow her have her ways with her demands so she doesn’t see my wife as a stumbling block to her.

To cut the long story short, my wife took in and was due for delivery and her mother came like a month before the delivery. Actually my wife had a false labour that made us rush to the hospital and doctor said she has very high maleria and was in serious labor. I called the mother immediately and she started coming the next morning because she lives in the East. The doctor gave her some injections and drugs for the maleria and the labor stopped. Doctor told us it wasn’t the right time for the baby to come out because it was 8 months.
The next morning when she was strong, we went back home with the mother that was already in town.

The mother decided to stay till the delivery instead of going back and coming again when she delivers which I supported.
Two weeks the doctor gave us turned to 1 month and labor didn’t still come. All these while I never knew my mom was so bitter that my mother inlaw was in my house for that long. She once asked me why the woman didn’t go and come back. It was that bad. To make matters worse, I lost my child after a CS was done on my wife. It appeared the baby was in distress which the doctors failed to notice and came out with birth asphyxia. After about two weeks, she died. I opened a thread on that.

Problem started after I buried my child. Everyone was in sorrow and so much pains especially my wife. A day after the burial my mother called my mother inlaw and asked her why she hasn’t gone yet. Started accusing the woman of killing the child and all manners of things. How she had turned her husband to vegetable and now she wants to teach her daughter how to turn her son into vegetable too. It was really bad. They both insulted each other and quarreled seriously on the phone just a day after the lost of my child. She also called my wife and told her “shebi she doesn’t want children” my wife was quiet and didn’t utter a word.

I was in so much pain and so pissed at my mom for everything she did and didn’t even speak to her for like a month even though I still sent her upkeep money. I reported her to her uncle and a few respected people. I don’t know if they talked to her but nothing was done. No body called for any meeting even her own pastor that I reported to. Instead he told me it’s woman talk. That they both insulted each other and the rest..

After that incident till date. My wife, mother, and mother inlaw haven’t spoken to each other even though I have had more peace since then but the fact still remains my mom and wife are not in good terms. I have long forgiven and moved on with my mom even though that closeness is not there but I don’t fail to send her money for upkeep every month. My wife is cool with it and said she doesn’t want that closeness with my mom even though she has forgiven her too.

My mom and I talks once in a while and never for once has she asked about my wife since that incident and my wife hasn’t called either which I don’t blame her. The last time I visited my mom. She said some ill things about my wife and her family and even told me my wife is not my rightful wife and some other things. I usually don’t listen to her talks because I know how religion has turned so many people into something else.

The question right now guys. What do I do in this situation. The truth is nothing can change my moms mind about my wife and her family. But still as a husband, I still feel somehow knowing my wife and mom are not in good terms. My mother inlaw the last time told me she wants to make peace with my mom that they can’t keep fighting forever especially because of her daughter. But deep down I know the thought my mom have about them. So I just told her it’s not the right time and with time everything will be fine. I can’t force my wife to call my mom because she didn’t do no wrong. At the same time my mom won’t even listen to me for any peace making. There are more things to say but I will end here. Sorry for the long write up.
Thank you 🙏

When we tell people to strive to have a strong relationship with God, they call us religious.
Your wife is in danger. Your mum is dangerous to your marriage, truth be told.
She will definitely go diabolical to undo your marriage. She just told you, you married wrongly.
Its high time you draw close to God. Your problem doesn't have a Western oyinbo kind of solution. It's either an African one or a Spiritual one.
Now, your mum is your mum and you must love her. Is she a witch? well we can't tell, even though she acts like one. Now can you defend her, sure. Blindly of course.
I strongly believe your values and principles were either too weak or not defined, before you got married. You probably didn't go through thorough counselling.
So long as your mum is alive, prayers and closeness to God is all you need. Even if you give her 10 million every month, your marriage would still be under threats.
Draw close to God and attend a Bible believing Church. Do that fast.
Cheer up.

3 Likes

Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2023
dannex4adx:
You shouldn't have married someone your parent doesn't like. Your mom is a spiritual person and she knows what she saw, God has revealed somethings to her about your wife, that was why she told you not to marry her. That's why she accused your wife that sebi you don't want children.
I pray that may God give you the wisdom and knowledge to handle the situation.
Stop using God's name to defend foolishness! undecided

Jesus Christ taught His followers to love their enemies , going the extra mile to appease them... tell us what part of this woman's actions can be supposed love for her supposed enemy here? You heap curses on your heads when you use God in your attempts to hide what is blatant wickedness of ordinary men and women. undecided
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Starships4u(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
Norah199:

Thank you 🙏

Yhur mom is being over bearing bro...
That's way too hard...

Imagine it was yhur wife's mom who did this, yhur house for de burn from yhur mom's venom.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by deyemia: 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2023
May your baby’s soul rest in peace and May God give you lovely children. In my Opinion, Your mum just can’t deal with the fact that some other women are now sharing your heart she used to occupy alone. you have handled it very well, keep dealing with them separately with wisdom. Time will heal them all, keep working to make yourself better too and stay close to God. If you get promotion at work now, everyone will rejoice.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by stainlessnature: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2023
Norah199:

I don’t understand people at all.. Did you read the narration at all before coming to conclusions? Smh try to get sense pls

I can see the kind of person you truly are. Your response looks abusive and so immature.

Anyway, see the paragraph you wrote:

*For the record, I’m an only child of my mother, my dad is late and she’s yet to marry again. I do everything for her like her rent, monthly upkeep, and also got her a good car. Initially I thought she was doing all these because she felt she hasn’t enjoyed me yet and another woman is coming into the picture which is normal for most parents. So I did everything I could to make her comfortable before my wedding*

I wasn't the one who typed this. Everything is not about money and material things. You have forgotten that there's an emotional side to family. If money and material things are all what our parents need from us, then we don't need to care about them.

You lack good communication and it's reflective even in your response to me and few other people.

I am in the same show as yours. My wife is Igbo. My mom stood against being married to her for a long time. Thank goodness we are married today. I call my mom once a week but my wife and Mom talk like besties at least 3 times a week. Their call could last up to 30/45mins.

Our mothers needs love, and emotional connection. All those materials things you are bragging that you did for her can't be compared to that connection your own mother needs. She's alone, single and needs more of her family which is you arend and your wife. It's you that can make amends.

Listen to other people's advice who had emphasized the importance of communication. She will still understand you and make peace if you give her little or nothing.

* Note: I am not exonerating your mom's action as well. I only feel you can handle it better by adding quality time.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by na2016: 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
OP: I have read all you wrote about your family. In my view, I will suggest you withhold your mom's upkeep for a few months and get her and your wife and your mother-in-law to at least settle else you will never have peace. This will escalate and in the future, your wife may become emboldened to act in ways you never imagined.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

If not that you're really daft and lack sense, you would have even rushed to the comment section and see where your fellow gender totally blamed the wife for marrying in a family where she's not needed. Abi you dey mad nii?

If the so called wife wasn't blinded by Money and material things, pretty sure she would have been living happily with another man where she'll be fully accepted.

Since you're so daft and believe one sided part of a story, we sane nairalanders are not so daft like you. The OP has clearly portrays his mother as evil. Really? Like she's the problem here? And you believed that? Are you not even more daft than those werey feminist? Abi are you supporting the op's wife because you feel she's the same age grade as you?

If to say you get sense, you would have known that a man who's blindly in love with a woman cannot be advised. This is called emotionally weakness. We never expected the op to say his wife was the problem before because dude is in emotional weakness with his wife.

I'll urge you to desist from quoting me if you're too daft to comprehend what I just wrote above

You are a fool, a fool is even better than you

You, an irrelevant nomenclature on a faceless forum that lacks sense because of daftness, sat down in your 2 by 2 enclave assuming trash about Op's wife he never even mentioned, did Op tell you and fellow fools like you that his wife married him because of money? Did he tell you his wife is from a poor background? I should not believe op that clearly knows his mum and what is going on because it doesn't sit well with fools like you because? You must be high on dirty urine

Op loves his wife, clearly sees who and where the problem is coming from, you, and unknown nonentity on a faceless forum too stupid and dumb to reason, concludes it is emotional weakness because you obviously grew up in a loveless home where love is seen as strange, your father had no love for your mother that's why you see it as emotional weakness, dumb creature

The Op's mother insulted his wife a day after loosing their child, yet you say the wife is at fault, you are too illiterate to reason because education is obviously far from you, you will definitely shout feminist because none of you manboys here are capable of reasoning correctly, drunk orangutan

See fool wey quote me first dey say make I no quote am again, never in your stupid unknown mistake of a life quote this moniker again since you are too daft and slow to think with sense, slow slimy eel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Wifijago: 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2023
My quote:
Your wife is just been stubborn and because of love u couldn't see that... Ur wife is the only problem to this and she's still the only solution as well...
Tell her to accept being at fault even if she's right... Because before anybody get married u need to learn to say sorry when u are wrong and even when u are right...
Urge ur wife to settle with ur mum in any way she can and u will have happiness living.
The person we met at home after we might have went to and fro, South and East, North and west are called ancestors nor matter how small the person is... Urge ur wife to bow down to ur mum...
I wish una happy life and sorry for ur child lose..
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by achimendy(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
Norah199:

Thank you 🙏

When you leave in the midst of women you use your brain not heart or emotions.

From your write up your mum seems to be the one causing the problem, maybe because she doesn't like her church, tribe or for one flimsy excuse or the other. But you need not to take side to anyone of them, be a team player because they're all important to you. Don't distance yourself from your mum, you are all she gat, and dont ever stop supplying her needs, and also dont stop talking to her whenever she makes such false claims about your wife and her family, make her understand that you're not happy, but don't take side, and don't discuss your mum issues with your wife. If anything should happen to you in your family is only your mum that'll cry badly for you. No matter what don't joke with your mother. As for your wife, encourage her to maintain peace and avoid anything that'll bring controversy between her and your mum, even your wife mum tell her too. I swear to you those women are waiting for you to take side but don't, be a neutral man. Always use your brain and don't be weak, before there send you to your early grave.

Lastly, put your family in prayers.

Thanks you.
Re: Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. by Karlifate: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2023
Your mother sees you as her de-facto husband.

One of the greatest challenges that comes with being the only (male) child, to a mother with no husband.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Wife Demands ‘bribe’ Before Sex, Says Pastor / Mother Ties Up Her Four Kids In A Viral Christmas Photo / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.