Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You (33426 Views)

Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / The New 200 Naira Note Is The Most Beautiful Nigerian Currency Note / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by UEDIBO: 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2023
I have 2.4m but I will use them after election.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Formularcr7: 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ayed44:
They had more than 3 months to change those notes. Stop cooking excuses.

Even if u were a bank, 3 months is enough for u to change all ur old notes.
how many new notes do you have now?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Herbiodun09: 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2023
Zero. Just new notes smiley
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by slimjohn2k5: 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2023
Remember to keep some old note for your children to see in the future
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by chukseric504869: 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2023
I have 100k,but not bothered,still looking for old note to buy
at cost of #500 to 1k cos I know for sure I will use it when a new regime comes on board or hopefully on 22nd when supreme court will make further pronouncement on the issue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by wirinet(m): 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2023
3ple9iner:

So you believe banks don't have old notes in their volts?
They didn't? CBN did not have capacity to print enough new notes to replace the old ones

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by millionboi2: 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2023
Non
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by ChyOmaa(f): 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2023
I don’t have old Naira notes at all cool

2 Likes

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Chimeluv(f): 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2023
None
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by wirinet(m): 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2023
chukseric504869:
I have 100k,but not bothered,still looking for old note to buy
at cost of #500 to 1k cos I know for sure I will use it when a new regime comes on board or hopefully on 22nd when supreme court will make further pronouncement on the issue
Nna you are a good businessman. I trust you are from igbo.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by winner37(m): 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2023
500 naira two and 200 finish = 1,200
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Oluchiugo: 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ayed44:

Many of us keep saying we had more than 3 months to change the old currency......I beg remind me again when the New notes were launched and how much was printed Viz a Viz the quantity that was deposited. From the time the new ones were made available till the deadline date was it enough for the New notes to go round?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Advancedman(m): 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2023
Never had any instead helping others spend theirs because I was busy shouting 31st December last year to people around me besides I deal with very few cash.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Hoelujohn: 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2023
Pierced:
People in my area sell theirs to post guys.

10k old notes to be credited 9k.

For if u want to buy something from a trader......u will pay double the price before if u are paying with old notes.

I was lucky to deposit 71500 at access bank yesterday.
Why will you keep such amount at home? I should have like 1k or 2k at home that's if I search home very well

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by emmykk(m): 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2023
Pierced:
People in my area sell theirs to post guys.

10k old notes to be credited 9k.

For if u want to buy something from a trader......u will pay double the price before if u are paying with old notes.

I was lucky to deposit 71500 at access bank yesterday.

Did you print CBN reference or you just wen to the bank and deposit it.

I have 150K with me

2 Likes

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Immanuel3(m): 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ayed44:

you are daft! Very daft! So the new notes were already in circulation for the said “3 months”

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by inoki247: 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2023
kissdabride:
one politician just gift me 135k old note at the campaign ground as an officer of the law where can I change it to new notes

Fill CbN form online and chill till tomorrow to see if he go redirect you to your Bank or look for people buying old note on the street dem go buy buh ur money no go complete...

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by LandMann: 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ayed44:
They had more than 3 months to change those notes.
Stop cooking excuses.

You sound stupid the more you repeat the bolded. Are you not aware that banks were still paying old notes out to customers up until January 25th? What happens when you deposit old notes and banks pay you old notes via ATM? Do you reject it and go hungry or abandon what you wanted to do with the money?

You keep forgetting that Emiefele printed less than 20% of the old notes he was retrieving from circulation, thus making it inevitable that the old notes will continue to be in circulation till the elapse of the deadline since there were no new notes to replace the old.

Protests and riots would have been much worse if everyone had deposited their notes by December ending and then no new notes to run their economic activities and other financial obligations.

Please just shut up if politics has so blinded you from seeing the true picture of what's happening

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Lovelyn451(f): 9:03pm On Feb 19, 2023
1500 o, nd I don't want it to short 1 kobo if I'm to change it, this one I'm hearing that u pay 2k old note to collect 1k...I no do bribery, I have integrity cool

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by horlahwaley(m): 9:03pm On Feb 19, 2023
Hmmm. I stay in remote place. It has not being easy. New note is very scarce. Glad people are resorting into Opay, moniepoint, kuda. But fuel stations still insist on cash(some still collected old noe as at this morning while others insist on new note). I still have 3k with me. Will use it to by fuel tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Biglogo(m): 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2023
chukwuibuipob:
angry 285k angry.Ogun kill Emefiele.
A kind security working in one superstore told me that day are accepting 1k.I drive there to buy stuff from the money, only for the cashier to reject it angryangrysad
May the deity slap Emefiele bald head to comma angry
that's so sad bro
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by 3ple9iner: 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2023
wirinet:

They didn't? CBN did not have capacity to print enough new notes to replace the old ones
Yeah I know CBN doesn't have the capacity to print new notes. I was talking about the old notes deposited at banks. I got info from a source that some of the old deposited bills are still at banks vaults and haven't been taking to CBN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Franking: 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2023
Five hundred naira.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by deewhone(f): 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2023
None
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by emekajacobogbon(m): 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ayodeoba:
i still have up to 700k with me here. I am thinking of taking it to cbn at marina tomorrow but the crowd I am seeing there is discouraging me. If the money go spoil mk he spoil

Can we make deal??

You give it to me as loan, with 3% interested per month for 6 months
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by horlahwaley(m): 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2023
horlahwaley:
Hmmm. I stay in a remote place. It has not been easy. The new note is very scarce. Glad people are resorting into Opay, moniepoint, kuda. But fuel stations still insist on cash(some still collected old note as at this morning while others insist on new note). I still have 3k old notes with me. Will use it to by fuel tomorrow
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by adeniyi65(m): 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2023
incandescentena:
39,500 Naira
You have a whole one person's salary for hand shocked shocked God no go shame us.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Oluchiugo: 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
I still believe APC have a hidden agenda for all these wahala they have put us. How can you inform the masses of the policy over 3 months ago(according to it's supporters), launch in 22nd of November and start releasing it on 15th December and u want it to circulate round over 200million people by 31st January and some people are still supporting the FG and Emefiele.....haba now. We always make reference to SANE CLIMES, how many sane climes has done this? Even those sane climes faulted it and some of us here are praising it

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Reinamaria(f): 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
mightyhaze:

But i no mind

Lackadaisical attitude.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Ayodeoba: 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2023
emekajacobogbon:

Can we make deal??

You give it to me as loan, with 3% interested per month for 6 months
I don’t do that sir

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by chiefolododo(m): 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2023
I no dey Kaduna
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by bobntu: 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2023
My understanding of the current cash situation is that most people deposited their old notes (in compliance with the government policy) but are unable to get new currencies from the banks.

I am therefore surprised that some people are still holding on to the old notes.

I have no problem with rejection of old notes but I definitely have issues with non-availability of the new notes.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Profitable Jobs That Nigerians Dont Like Doing. / How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria / Dangote Refinery Rules Out 2020, As Refinery Gets New Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.