Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,735 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You (33457 Views)

Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / The New 200 Naira Note Is The Most Beautiful Nigerian Currency Note / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by SolarEngr(m): 10:11pm On Feb 19, 2023
None

Anyway, it's a good week to Go Solar
Check the thread on my signature and say no more.

Focusing on quality, keeping promises, creating a world class brand. ยฉ The Trills Consulting 2023
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Trustedpronet: 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2023
Home and abroad no chi chi

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Brownshoe: 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ayodeoba:
i still have up to 700k with me here. I am thinking of taking it to cbn at marina tomorrow but the crowd I am seeing there is discouraging me. If the money go spoil mk he spoil
Audio money

3 Likes

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Onyi90(m): 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2023
None. They are All gone. Otilo shocked

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by CUMIN: 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ayed44:
They had more than 3 months to change those notes. Stop cooking excuses.

Even if u were a bank, 3 months is enough for u to change all ur old notes.

The new note wasn't sufficiently available.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by charlsecy(m): 10:32pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ayodeoba:
i still have up to 700k with me here.
clockwisereport:
Divide the money into 2. Deposit 350k in your bank account. Then deposit the remaining 350k the following day.

Second option. Divide the money into 2. Deposit 350k in your account. Give the other half to a trusted friend to deposit in his/her account. The person will transfer the money to your account when he/she receives credit alert
My understanding is this:

You can only use the CBN portal once. So option 1 is out of it. I suggest you pay in N500,000 into your account first. Then try to pay in N200,000 at other time. If you are told you have exceeded N500,000, that you should go to CBN, then find a trusted friend or family to pay in the N200,000 to their account. I also think the money is immediately credited into account, but it may take up to 3 working days before it becomes available for transactions.

Please make enquiries.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:35pm On Feb 19, 2023
Mine is 1k
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by membranus: 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2023
MXrep:

Me too. But after that supreme Court confusion I collect old notes again and now N1500 stuck with me. I will keep it since it's a very small amount

Same with me, N1500, but still looking for means to dispose them.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Femich18(m): 10:48pm On Feb 19, 2023
Biglogo:
Thank God if that's true anyway. But that doesn't mean I will go and face all that stress bcus I want to deposit 4k oo shocked
Its true. Banks collected it yesterday. Access, GTB, UBA and First Bank but you must print that form on CBN portal. Just try and see to it. Thanks
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by slimmoney(m): 10:49pm On Feb 19, 2023
How much will u sell it?
Ayodeoba:
i still have up to 700k with me here. I am thinking of taking it to cbn at marina tomorrow but the crowd I am seeing there is discouraging me. If the money go spoil mk he spoil
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by ICEWIN: 10:50pm On Feb 19, 2023
AbuAeesha:

Pls tell them o.
If extended for another 6 months,some will still conplain of time constraint.
Deadline is a NO it,both old and new currency should be legal pending on when the CBN would be able to mop out the old currency.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by mightyhaze: 10:50pm On Feb 19, 2023
Reinamaria:

Lackadaisical attitude.
You right..
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by pusapou(m): 10:51pm On Feb 19, 2023
Pierced:
People in my area sell theirs to post guys.

10k old notes to be credited 9k.

For if u want to buy something from a trader......u will pay double the price before if u are paying with old notes.

I was lucky to deposit 71500 at access bank yesterday.
what were you doing all these while with the old notes? Abegi shift
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Benesis: 10:51pm On Feb 19, 2023
providencia:

Why did you allow it to accumulate to that

I do exchange, and I know that the supreme court are mandated by law to always collect the old money at all time,by virtue of the CBN Act. And so far people are quein up already, n most states r still doing business with it, it's impossible for one person to just wake up and outlaw all that money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Lookingback: 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ayodeoba:

That money is too much to lose. If you were in Asaba we would have done business.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by astute28: 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2023
I still have 107k but i no mind after this election things go normal

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Pierced(f): 11:02pm On Feb 19, 2023
pusapou:
what were you doing all these while with the old notes? Abegi shift

It's obvious u are a salary earner.

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Obsidians: 11:03pm On Feb 19, 2023
I still dey look for who will help me exchange it. Iโ€™m broke o
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Reinamaria(f): 11:11pm On Feb 19, 2023
Oluchiugo:
I still believe APC have a hidden agenda for all these wahala they have put us. How can you inform the masses of the policy over 3 months ago(according to it's supporters), launch in 22nd of November and start releasing it on 15th December and u want it to circulate round over 200million people by 31st January and some people are still supporting the FG and Emefiele.....haba now. We always make reference to SANE CLIMES, how many sane climes has done this? Even those sane climes faulted it and some of us here are praising it

Nne, its main purpose is to curb vote buying/selling, which the masses are also guilty of.
So, we have to bear the difficulty together, for a better Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by grandstar(m): 11:12pm On Feb 19, 2023
Biglogo:
At the very heat of the new naira note policy by the PMB administration. How much of this old naira note do you still have with you and don't even know what to do with it as no merchant is ready to collect it from u cry
As for me I have #4000 with me and is really telling on me. I will like to hear from u guys, how much do u have and how are people in ur area reacting to these monies

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by kissdabride: 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2023
inoki247:

Fill CbN form online and chill till tomorrow to see if he go redirect you to your Bank or look for people buying old note on the street dem go buy buh ur money no go complete...
Thanks
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Ventura1: 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2023
Are the Banks changing the old notes or they are just confiscating it?
Ayed44:

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by clockwisereport: 12:13am On Feb 20, 2023
Ayodeoba:
is it true that banks have started receiving it back? I heard some people saying itโ€™s just rumors

According to tinsel, banks do collect old notes. I cannot personally confirm this
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by clockwisereport: 12:14am On Feb 20, 2023
jieta:
can you use same reference number or you will have to generate another one.

I don't know
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by clockwisereport: 12:14am On Feb 20, 2023
charlsecy:
My understanding is this:

You can only use the CBN portal once. So option 1 is out of it. I suggest you pay in N500,000 into your account first. Then try to pay in N200,000 at other time. If you are told you have exceeded N500,000, that you should go to CBN, then find a trusted friend or family to pay in the N200,000 to their account. I also think the money is immediately credited into account, but it may take up to 3 working days before it becomes available for transactions.

Please make enquiries.

Ok sir
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by chymeze: 12:17am On Feb 20, 2023
Ayed44:

They had more than three months but yet firstly, your CBN was still disbursing old naira notes via ATM as at even last two weeks. Secondly, your CBN mopped up over a trillion naira of the old notes but yet only provided few billions of the new notes for people to scramble for. I can now see why Nigeria ended up having a bad leader like Buhari. If everyone reasons as shallow as you do, then there's no hope for this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:49am On Feb 20, 2023
Ayodeoba:
if money go spoil make e spoil? Kuku gimme the money than make e spoil na.
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Ambassadors: 1:05am On Feb 20, 2023
To be very frank masses do not have much old note, it is the cabals that have it in bulk that are inciting the masses to violence and confusion. Do not follow what they say, do the right thing the president and commander in chief has said. God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Pells1: 1:32am On Feb 20, 2023
Goodlady:
N12K. And na money wey I owe person.
Why would you be owing when you have a bank like me๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 20, 2023
stanluiz:
South Africa is truly the pride and giant of Africa.

A country with balls. No wonder they are chiarman of BRICS.

South Africa has visionary leaders that care about their country and protect their National interest.

Nigeria on the other hand is the giant of Africa in poverty, hunger , and backwardness. She has vowed to remain a British and western puppet.

The people keep voting for Criminals and kleptomaniacs in public offices. Nigeria politicians only knows how to steal, loot and embezzle public funds. Nothing more! Nothing less!

Wetin concern them with National building and National interest. All they know is how to steal, steal and steal until nothing is left.

Bunch of Unpatriotic fellows and the useless citizens that are supporting the same politicians that impoverished them due to some primitives ethnic and religious sentiment.

No wonder the nation is almost a failed country and a hellhole.

South Africa is going forward while Nigeria is going backward. That's the reality.

If Nigeria elect one the Criminals, either the drug lord mafia of Lagos or the mikano thief instead of Peter obi, then it is over for them.

Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by ELgordo(m): 2:22am On Feb 20, 2023
Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by Immorttal: 2:27am On Feb 20, 2023
Ayed44:

senseless talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Virtual Sports Betting Secrets / Naira Crisis: Banks Fear Heighten As Customers Shun Cash Deposit / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.