Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage (30982 Views)

My Experience With A Widower. All Men Are The Same / Wife Asks Husband To Get A Girlfriend And He Got One...She's Asking For Advice / 41-year-old Indonesian Widower Weds 13-year-Old 3 Months After Meeting Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by BRATISLAVA: 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2023
Saintmary:

You see, most of these people have nothing going for them, they are insecure, so they need to bring people down in order to feel like humans.

You really don't want to look into their hearts and minds, it's too dark in there.

A 36 year old lady is just approaching her prime sexually and in terms of natural beauty.

The only issue here is that she is carrying way too heavy burden of 4 kids. That will make her look older than her age.

It's so unfortunate because I already sense that she will bow to pressure and add to her burdens, three more people to worry about making seven and she's not even 40 yet.

Why do Nigerian women like suffering?

The woman doesn't even seem to want to get married. If genders were reversed, we could say he's trying to trap her and manipulate her into sharing her wealth as a mother with his kids through his marriage proposal. Who knows what happened to his wife, too?

If she's ready to have so many responsibilities, she should go ahead with it. Otherwise, she can suggest they remain partners without going that extra mile.

1 Like

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by alizma: 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2023
Vyvyanvyvy:
Hello guys, I am a 36 years old single mother of four. My son will be 15 in August, first daughter 10 in october, my third 5 and youngest 3 by june.

I have separated from my husband because he didn't want my son to come and live with us, I have been taking care of them singlehandedly for 3 years.

I have been friend with this man, a widower who is 57 years and a father of 2 children. He is asking for my hand in marriage. To be honest, I don't want to be married again, all I want is to focus on raising my kids because I have been through a lot in my previous marriage and I don't want another marriage wahala.

He asked for my hand in marriage, I rejected him and I had explained to him why I don't want to marry again. I told him what my ex did, he said he is a mature man he will love me and my children and he will never hate them or ask them to leave his house. I told him I have to think about it and I will get back to him ASAP. But I am still scared to accept his proposal because I don't want history to repeat itself and he is still on my neck. He wants me to accept his proposal. I am confused.

Please advice me. Is it a wise choice for me to get married again after everything I have been through in the past?
Where is his first wife? Secondly, if your heart doesn't go with his idea, never do it to Please him or anyone.

1 Like

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Vyvyanvyvy: 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2023
ogeodi:
Pls if you can take care of your kids alone pls do so. With the gist flying around about molestation abeg dey ur dey till maybe when they're grown enough to stand or defend themselves. Am also divorced with two kids since 2013 raising them alone so I understand how you feel.

Thanks
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Vyvyanvyvy: 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2023
alizma:

Where is his first wife? Secondly, if your heart doesn't go with his idea, never do it to Please him or anyone.

Thanks. She is dead

1 Like

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Nnamaka1: 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2023
Vyvyanvyvy:
Hello guys, I am a 36 years old single mother of four. My son will be 15 in August, first daughter 10 in october, my third 5 and youngest 3 by june.

I have separated from my husband because he didn't want my son to come and live with us, I have been taking care of them singlehandedly for 3 years.

I have been friend with this man, a widower who is 57 years and a father of 2 children. He is asking for my hand in marriage. To be honest, I don't want to be married again, all I want is to focus on raising my kids because I have been through a lot in my previous marriage and I don't want another marriage wahala.

He asked for my hand in marriage, I rejected him and I had explained to him why I don't want to marry again. I told him what my ex did, he said he is a mature man he will love me and my children and he will never hate them or ask them to leave his house. I told him I have to think about it and I will get back to him ASAP. But I am still scared to accept his proposal because I don't want history to repeat itself and he is still on my neck. He wants me to accept his proposal. I am confused.

Please advice me. Is it a wise choice for me to get married again after everything I have been through in the past?

Please dont rush, dont let anyone force you to do what you are not ready for, if he truly loves you he will wait and you guys will gradually ease into it, you have your kids to protect.

1 Like

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by BRATISLAVA: 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2023
Amumaigwe:

Don't you know that women also abuse minors? Who should really be afraid of who?

Provide the statistics, whataboutism won't cut it. Or perhaps you already know statistically who abuses minors overwhelmingly.

2 Likes

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by alizma: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2023
Vyvyanvyvy:

Thanks. She is dead
Ok, make some inquiries to know how good or bad his relationship with his late wife was. And if you must go into the marriage, let it be more of cohabiting and supporting each other but not looking forward to have children again. This is an important area that he must genuinely agree to, any sign of disagreement on this is a red flag for you. You need all the energy in you to raise your kids with or without his support, even under his roof.

1 Like

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by meobizy(f): 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2023
Which creative writer thought this up, ChatGPT?
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by MyChoice1: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2023
jessylaurel:

He's looking for someone to take care of his kids.
By the way how old are his children?
How long have you known him?
Does he have a GOOD STEADY income? Because he might have seen how industrious you're and wants to stick to your money.

His two kids are adults and independent. His son is abroad and the other is married with her own kids.

1 Like

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Unrated900(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2023
If at your age you cant comprehend what u want to what u do not want
Then you are still a juvenile.

Read what u wrote thus

To be honest, I don't want to be married again, all I want is to focus on raising my kids because I have been through a lot in my previous marriage and I don't want another marriage wahala.

You already answer the question to your answer

Why on earth are u wasting our time aaking silly question

If u do not know what to do

Vote for tinubu on Saturday

Your future would b secure for ever

Shikena
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by highchief1: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2023
Vyvyanvyvy:

Please advise me. Is it a wise choice for me to get married again after everything I have been through in the past?
wetin u wan use marriage do.if conji come u go fork.the only essence of marriage is kids u don born.I repeat,just Dey fork Dey go
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Pakwel(m): 3:40pm On Feb 23, 2023
ValCon888:
Firstly, a single mother of four is a steep hill to climb for any man. You're lucky someone is ready and willing to accept you and your four kids into his home.

Not to cohabit, but to make an honest woman out of you by asking for your hand in marriage.

At the end of the day, the choice is yours. If you don't want to then don't. For me, I'd advise you to for the security and companionship.

One thing's certain; offers like this only happen once in a lifetime.

I hope 20 years from now you won't look back at this moment and be gnashing your teeth.
Don't know who you are where you are from or how old you are. But i respect you. This word you just spoke will touch the pride in any woman
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by uche393: 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2023
you've gotten kids, I don't think you marriage . unless for monetary purpose. if you need sex get a good person..... except you're religious.

your kids needs attention more
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Victoria938(f): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2023
Nobody will make that choice 4 u. Advice yourself madam. The choice is yours
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by zakkxx: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2023
My Sister stay separated from your husband if that will bring peace, divorce is not allow in the Bible. Forever is too long to stay in Hell. Pls avoid that widower like plaque. Try to have have a common ground btw you and your husband! U cannot just force your kid on a man, don’t give him ultimatum. Be sweet and loving, your husband will ask you to please bring your son in.
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2023
Mayeldah:
This is the problem with being a baby mama. The day you decide to settle down its always difficult fitting in.

It is either the young man don't want a lady with a child already or the man is scared of having too many children to take care of (Yours and his)

Too many issues!!
Don't ever think of having kids because chances are almost guaranteed that your kids will be babamamas/babapapas. And no, this is not a curse of any kind. undecided
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Mayeldah(m): 4:03pm On Feb 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Don't ever think of having kids because chances are almost guaranteed that your kids will be babamamas/babapapas. And no, this is not a curse of any kind. undecided

Don't you think this your response isn't necessary?
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2023
Mayeldah:
Don't you think this your response isn't necessary?
Not necessary to inform you of what reality awaits many in Nigeria even today? undecided
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by pappilo(m): 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2023
alizma:

You are an illiterate and the person who liked your post is an even bigger one! grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Saintmary(f): 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

The woman doesn't even seem to want to get married. If genders were reversed, we could say he's trying to trap her and manipulate her into sharing her wealth as a mother with his kids through his marriage proposal. Who knows what happened to his wife, too?

If she's ready to have so many responsibilities, she should go ahead with it. Otherwise, she can suggest they remain partners without going that extra mile.

You have said what any sensible person will advise, because this marriage may not bring her lots of benefit from the way things look.

At the end of the day, the ball is in her court.

2 Likes

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by XYZo: 4:38pm On Feb 23, 2023
Vyvyanvyvy:

I had 2 kids before my ex husband

Oh now it makes sense
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by silibaba: 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2023
SeeThisLoser:

Olodo urchin !
stop that. I'd rather prefer you address me as OBIdient Biko.
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by achimendy(m): 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2023
Vyvyanvyvy:

Ruminate deeply about it, and take time to study the man to know if he's good for you.

Then after that make your decision.
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by aimalohi: 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2023
He can't just walk up to u for marriage. Go into courtship with him to also see if his children will accept u and to truly know his if u can cope with his kind of person. As for marriage wait first oo if not a second mistake will tarnish ur image completely

1 Like

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Gokoyer0(m): 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2023
I pray none of us lose our spouse prematurely, Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by jaszplus12(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2023
Klass99:
Don't let the past ruin your chances for a good thing. There's a chance for;

1. A new chapter of your life with an older man (I like older men sha, most tend to be mature and well grounded) what you fear may not happen, dwell on this thought instead.

2. Your children to have a male friend and mentor (hopefully a great one too) as well as new friends in their step siblings.

3. Sweet companionship between you and him. Children will grow and leave the nest one day or even sooner like when they are in boarding school. Your life shouldn't be all about your children, you are worthy of good things and you deserve good things too.

4. A nicely blended family, your kids may all get along well and you may get on well with him too. That's not to say there won't be challenges but nothing so bad or terrible that you both can't handle as mature/responsible adults.

Take a chance and see where it all leads to, you might be pleasantly surprised. Don't let negative thoughts or past hurts rule you. You guys can work out a living arrangement where you live close to each other (as a married couple) but in separate cribs with your kids, spending as much time as you can together......that may help reduce feelings of overwhelm and slowly blend both families.
Good advice!
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by simplepee(f): 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2023
This woman and her baggage threads…

Another marriage should be the least of your problem madam, will you die without a man ffs? Why are you complicating your kid’s life by moving them from one man’s house to another?? Naso preek dey hungry you?

Allow these children grow first, I beg you. You can remarry later but let the kids have a sane life void of drama/mess. Arhg!
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Emmanuel30a: 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2023
ValCon888:
Firstly, a single mother of four is a steep hill to climb for any man. You're lucky someone is ready and willing to accept you and your four kids into his home.

Not to cohabit, but to make an honest woman out of you by asking for your hand in marriage.

At the end of the day, the choice is yours. If you don't want to then don't. For me, I'd advise you to for the security and companionship.

One thing's certain; offers like this only happen once in a lifetime.

I hope 20 years from now you won't look back at this moment and be gnashing your teeth.
Huh...? One of the worst advise(s) of the century or in a century...
Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by Gohs: 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2023
Please look for this logo on your ballot papers — that is Labour Party (LP)!
Incase you don't see "LP" written on it, don't worry.

Just vote for Peter Obi grin

Nigeria must move forward by fire by force !!!

Re: A Widower Asking For My Hand In Marriage by alizma: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2023
pappilo:

You are an illiterate and the person who liked your post is an even bigger one! grin grin
Mr literate, it's unfortunate you haven't make any point. What exactly is your point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2 Children Die In Nasarawa After They Locked Themselves In Hot Car(graphic Pics) / Lady And Her Father Recreate Throwback Photo Of 23 Years Ago / Nigerian Man Narrates How His Daughter Chose Him During Custody Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.