Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. (4320 Views)

Atheist Are Very Useless / Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. / Why Are Religious Houses Closing Down To Depend On Science For Cure? (COVID-19) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by NaijaCover(m): 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2023
TheSourcerer:
you keep posting mentally draining gore filled news that depletes the euphoric experience we used to experience on NL , now we open NL in fear , anticipating the next gory video or scence, there literally nothing we can do about your disheartening news , share them to the police not the masses

Of course you don't Care you are selfish and after your interest (money) over the mental health of your average reader , I have been meaning to speak to you on this matter, enjoy your day though and remember to smile its a lovley day to be alive

Na Where, Dey Work, Na There, Him Dey See Him Own Food Take Chop ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
TheSourcerer:
why it is sad and disheartening you ask?
Think over that your statement and reply yourself if you think it deserves one

Isn't it obvious that it is because death is bad for you?

God offered Life and you people said you are ok with this short one, so why lament when the life is shorted? It's not your life that has been shorted and after all you are still going to die, so what difference does it make if you die after 35 years or die after 87years?
Shebi you atheists say all men die so no big deal in it. So you are not supposed to shake because some people have died. You people say death is nothing, so it is crazy that you would bother yourself over nothingness.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
Wilgrea7:

Children know and understand far too little about sexual matters to give any sort of reasonable consent,

That is what people thought in 1950's and 60s when sex was confined to adults alone.

Then in the 70s it started hitting cartoons and Comics as a joke and now even 9 year olds are having sex.

Same thing today. Now, homoshit is in cartoons and everywhere.

If they push for rape, murder, pedophilia, it would be done and legal.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Atheists are already a terrorist organisation.
If you say so. No need arguing with you
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2023
TheSourcerer:
Its not working brother , please believe me I am trying .
Lol. We aint telling you to love gays. The point is acceptance. Relate to them that same way you relate to other humans, meaning don't be too harsh or nice with them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
Wilgrea7:
Jaephoenix, at your request, I'll be sharing my views on homosexuality. Anyone else who sees this and would like to contribute or critique it is more than welcome to do so. My goal here is to learn.

Before I continue, I also want to clarify that I do not know nearly enough about the topic to give any sort of informed opinion, so please take whatever I say with a grain of salt. A tablespoon if you will.

Now, in regards to homosexuality, I do not subscribe to the idea that these people were "born this way". I don't believe anyone is born gay. But I don't believe anyone is born "straight" either. Before you crucify me, hear me out.

Children are not hard-wired to like a specific gender. At the basic level, children know nothing. As they grow, they begin to learn about the world, and what things are. A newborn child has no idea what gender is. As it develops, it begins to make emotional connections to the people around it. It begins to like certain things, I'd say in a general way.

As we get older, certain hormones start to kick in and our emotions get a bit more... I'd say complicated. We tend to tag a wide range of feelings as "love". Depending on the kind of experiences we have, and how our brain interprets them, we may start to develop a special attraction, or in some cases apathy towards certain people of either gender. Also don't forget our hormones are more or less raging at this point.

Plus, the society we live in also plays a huge role. Modern society is more hetero-centric, from our movies to books to stories and so on. And most people grow up view these as the normal. I feel like in an imaginary society where things were different, the demographics of people's orientations would be very different too.

I feel like these are the things that eventually play the role in determining someone's preferences as they develop. Not that people are necessarily born that way.

However, regardless of which side of the pitch people stand, I don't think anyone should be discriminated against.

That being said, I do have issues with the way certain groups try to push their ideology on people, especially children, who shouldn't be bothered with such things at their relatively young ages.

Once again, this is my current, limited view on the subject. I do not claim to possess any objective knowledge on the matter, so please take this with a grain of salt.
Thanks for obliging. Love this kiss (no homo) wink
Now, I agree with you children are more or less tabula rasa. But from studies done(and my researches on the subject) many gays admit to feeling some kind of 'love'(may be the wrong word) or attraction towards the same sex as early as 6 years or earlier. Some guys admit they don't feel like males and tend to appear effeminate. Thus are known as sissies. I know a couple of them back in primary and secondary school. Same with women. Some prefer male clothes with male hairstyles and attitudes, and are thus tomboys.
Some scientists say there are 'gay genes'(meaning it is genetic) but such genes are not exclusively for homosexuality. It codes for other characteristics. So such researches are incomplete and thus not accepted by us(the medical community). Some say environments(like you alluded) but remember some kids that turned out straight went through the same stimuli. Many were groped by people of the same sex but never turned gay when they matured.
Remember these people were subjected to the same environmental factors are others who turned 'straight'. Now I'm using quotation marks here because there is something someone here on Nairaland said about homosexuality (I think Havillah, or something). He said everyone is born gay, but are on different positions on the spectrum. The seemingly straight ones are on 1 while the bis are on 5(or so) and the straight up gays/lesbos are on 10. Many Nigerian girls are hovering around 4 and 6(My thought, no data)

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2023
LordReed:

Do you think any of our likes and dislikes are influenced by genetic predisposition?
Depends on what you're liking or disliking? Do you mean preferring vanilla flavor to strawberry? Or loving red to green?
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Very reasonable presentation and true. But you forgot the boy hate girl and girl hate boy part of growing up.

And that in the boy club, it was not a sexual connection but a social, sports and competitive one full of "I better pass you" or cooperation. But no sexual attraction at all.

Boys did not even like other boys holding them or touching them "one kain".

Then by jss2 boys noticed that other not too older boys seem to be attracted to a girl or a certain type of girls which he himself real eyesis that he has some funny pleasure like emotions for her (the emotional disarray you talked about)

But I do not know any boy in Africa who had emotions for other boys)

Now I real eyes that single sex boarding schools was created with the purpose of generating unnatural feelings and this is the only place where this abomination was manufactured for African children to be infected.

And they were still not very successful in it but their success comes from the fact that they then enticed people to come to their corrupt land so where they can be properly infected, so as to carry the disease back to this Land.

So as you said it is an environmental factor because our lives comes from our natural land and the land will allow us to stay on it. And those devils knew that which is why they invited Africans to their own land which they have destroyed with corruption and ensuring that if they stayed long enough in it, they would be corrupted.

And after they have been corrupted they can carry their corruption back to their own land to corrupt it and destroy it which is why everything is dying and nothing works.

So as I said before you atheists have killed Africa and have brought in the Curses and plagues God had rained on those white devils whereas we were enjoying in Africa which is why we were once called the blessed continent.

Then why don't you smile at bandits, and pedophiles and rapists? In fact call for the put away of Law and let everyone do as they please.

Initially you were making sense and I had to double check whether I got the moniker right, then 3 secs of further reading made me realize it's the same old dude: illogical and ignorant

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
Wilgrea7:

ooh, that's a difficult one. I'm not an expert in genetics, so I can't really say for sure.

I do know that there's not always a one to one correlation when it comes to our genetics and how certain behaviors or things are expressed.

For example, there's no gene that dictates someone would prefer jazz music to rap or other music categories. There could be a gene, or group of genes that more efficiently develops the part of the brain dealing with sensory reception, which could in turn make someone more pitch-sensitive, which could lead to them preferring slower or softer rhythms, like in jazz, to that faster and more chaotic ones like death metal.

I'm really not sure when it comes to genetics, but I doubt there's a "sexual orientation" gene. There's hardly a one to one correlation in things like this, because genetics is a really complex field. One that we've not yet been able to fully comprehend.
There's no genes for musical genre preference. I think the environment comes into play, since if one was raised with Highlife in rural Nigeria, the tendency to like Opera would be far away
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2023
Wilgrea7:

There's a stark difference between homosexual relationships, and abominations like r4pe and pedophilia. As a general rule of thumb, we judge sexual relationships as appropriate when it is between consenting adults.

Children know and understand far too little about sexual matters to give any sort of reasonable consent, so engaging in such acts would be pedophiliac. Similarly, r4pe victims do not consent, or else it wouldn't be called that. Both of these things are abhorrent crimes, as they take advantage of non-consenting parties.

Homosexual relationships, when happening between 2 consenting adults, does not fall into the same category of the first two. I hope I've been able to clarify this for you.
This is the Dtruthspeaker. Logic is non-existent in his world
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2023
TheSourcerer:
you keep posting mentally draining gore filled news that depletes the euphoric experience we used to experience on NL , now we open NL in fear , anticipating the next gory video or scence, there literally nothing we can do about your disheartening news , share them to the police not the masses

Of course you don't Care you are selfish and after your interest (money) over the mental health of your average reader , I have been meaning to speak to you on this matter, enjoy your day though and remember to smile its a lovley day to be alive
Bro, I think the dude has a right to post any news he wants. I have seen him post good and bad news. Its not his fault the country is replete with psychological fvcked humans who derive pleasure in pain, like Dtruthspeaker etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2023
TheSourcerer:
Impressive input Thank you. I figured it's a great theory since animals would fucck their sisters mothers even other males to cure their horniness, so yes if men are put in a controlled environment men and women they will both have sex with each other , Man or woman no difference , sou your grain of salt is really more of a mountain smiley
Some parts of the world still marry their first cousins. Even sibling marriage was a thing before
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is what people thought in 1950's and 60s when sex was confined to adults alone.

Then in the 70s it started hitting cartoons and Comics as a joke and now even 9 year olds are having sex.

Same thing today. Now, homoshit is in cartoons and everywhere.

If they push for rape, murder, pedophilia, it would be done and legal.

Let me deign reply you
1. Prior to 50s, children were having sex. Then age of puberty for women was 16 and 17. Now pubertal ages are seen from 8 to 10 due to dietary and genetic factors. I was a kid of 10 years around the mid and late 80s and we had mates having sex
2. Rape and pedophilia are against constitutions of countries, so it can't be legalized
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by TheSourcerer: 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2023
jaephoenix:

Some parts of the world still marry their first cousins. Even sibling marriage was a thing before
Then the White men came and aside it was a divine sin
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by TheSourcerer: 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2023
post=121577599:

Na Where, Dey Work, Na There, Him Dey See Him Own Food Take Chop ooo
#sipsWhiteWine
#GulpsHenny
#DownsWhiskey
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2023
jaephoenix:

Let me deign reply you
1. Prior to 50s, children were having sex. Then age of puberty for women was 16 and 17. Now pubertal ages are seen from 8 to 10 due to dietary and genetic factors. I was a kid of 10 years around the mid and late 80s and we had mates having sex

Now you are lying! In the 50's boys and girls were generally kept apart and they only had sex after marriage. (Sound of music, Charlie Chaplin, even Pearl harbour, Some mother's do ave em) Even up to the 70's and a little into 80 many men did not know how to stick it in.

Back then it was only the class slut or the towns slut who who could give a guy sex. All the other proper girls "did not do that" till they were married.

It was the advent of television which brought about a rise in teenage pregnancies and premarital sex.

jaephoenix:

2. Rape and pedophilia are against constitutions of countries, so it can't be legalized

That was what people said about homo 45 years back.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Wilgrea7(m): 9:15am On Mar 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

There's no genes for musical genre preference. I think the environment comes into play, since if one was raised with Highlife in rural Nigeria, the tendency to like Opera would be far away

Completely true.. I think environmental factors play the biggest role in things like this
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Wilgrea7(m): 11:12am On Mar 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

Thanks for obliging. Love this kiss (no homo) wink
Now, I agree with you children are more or less tabula rasa. But from studies done(and my researches on the subject) many gays admit to feeling some kind of 'love'(may be the wrong word) or attraction towards the same sex as early as 6 years or earlier.

Exactly.. I'm aware that people could feel these emotions. Although i tend to be wary of classifying these as 'love' mainly because at such a young age, we barely understand what love is, or what the different emotions we begin to feel mean. But i do see your point.

Some guys admit they don't feel like males and tend to appear effeminate. Thus are known as sissies. I know a couple of them back in primary and secondary school. Same with women. Some prefer male clothes with male hairstyles and attitudes, and are thus tomboys.

While I'm not sure of this, i think it could be related to the males having lower levels of testosterone, or the females having lower levels of estrogen and higher testosterone.

And while these could make a case for the "born this way" example, I'm still aware of ladies and guys in said categories who grew up and still turned out straight and in some cases, should i say "balanced" the hormones due to their lifestyle choices (weight lifting, diets etc).

But then again, I'm not completely sure about things like this.

Some scientists say there are 'gay genes'(meaning it is genetic) but such genes are not exclusively for homosexuality. It codes for other characteristics. So such researches are incomplete and thus not accepted by us(the medical community). Some say environments(like you alluded) but remember some kids that turned out straight went through the same stimuli. Many were groped by people of the same sex but never turned gay when they matured.
Remember these people were subjected to the same environmental factors are

True. I tend to look at things like environment, and even genetics like in the example i gave, as factors, and not necessarily determinants.

Just as they say smoking could lead to lung cancer. My grandfather smoked all his life and lived into his 90s. Some people smoke and die before 40.

As i was typing this, there was something else which came to mind. That in the event where something like homosexuality were shown to have genetic influence, whether or not it would affect its acceptace.

As an example, we see people, by virtue of their genetics, being at greater risk to certain cancers or other conditions. However, we try to 'help' these people by suggesting lifestyle decisions that'll lower their risk of developing said conditions.

I wonder if homosexuality would be treated in the same way, where we would acknowledge the genetic influences, but still deem it as wrong and try to "help" the affected parties and prevent them from eventually turning out that way.

Now this is certainly not the view I hold, but it just popped into my head while writing this, and i thought it would be an interesting thing to think about.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by tctrills: 11:34am On Mar 12, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Please kindly note that, I am not a religious person,

Joepheonix LordReed Nlfpmod
I have no issue with someone being homosexual but you raised more questions than you answered. What is bad science? There really is nothing like bad science. Science can be applied for good or bad but science in itself is not bad.
Again, how do we determine a bad culture. What makes the Gay culture bad and the straight culture good?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by triplechoice(m): 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
tctrills:

I have no issue with someone being homosexual but you raised more questions than you answered. What is bad science? There really is nothing like bad science. Science can be applied for good or bad but science in itself is not bad.
Again, how do we determine a bad culture. What makes the Gay culture bad and the straight culture good?

I believe the Op actually meant pseudoscience and not bad science.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by tctrills: 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
triplechoice:

I believe the Op actually meant pseudoscience and not bad science.
Maybe but even at that, he has a lot of explaining to do. For example, homosexuality was culturally accepted in many ancient civilizations. What makes one culture good and the other bad.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
Wilgrea7:

Exactly.. I'm aware that people could feel these emotions. Although i tend to be wary of classifying these as 'love' mainly because at such a young age, we barely understand what love is, or what the different emotions we begin to feel mean. But i do see your point.

While I'm not sure of this, i think it could be related to the males having lower levels of testosterone, or the females having lower levels of estrogen and higher testosterone.

And while these could make a case for the "born this way" example, I'm still aware of ladies and guys in said categories who grew up and still turned out straight and in some cases, should i say "balanced" the hormones due to their lifestyle choices (weight lifting, diets etc).

True. I tend to look at things like environment, and even genetics like in the example i gave, as factors, and not necessarily determinants.

Just as they say smoking could lead to lung cancer. My grandfather smoked all his life and lived into his 90s. Some people smoke and die before 40.

As i was typing this, there was something else which came to mind. That in the event where something like homosexuality were shown to have genetic influence, whether or not it would affect its acceptace.

As an example, we see people, by virtue of their genetics, being at greater risk to certain cancers or other conditions. However, we try to 'help' these people by suggesting lifestyle decisions that'll lower their risk of developing said conditions.

I wonder if homosexuality would be treated in the same way, where we would acknowledge the genetic influences, but still deem it as wrong and try to "help" the affected parties and prevent them from eventually turning out that way.

Now this is certainly not the view I hold, but it just popped into my head while writing this, and i thought it would be an interesting thing to think about.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
Wilgrea7:

Yeah, you're right, love isn't the correct word. Maybe attraction

No. Testosterone or any hormone doesn't control sexuality, or behavior. Only anatomical, biochemical and physiological attributes. Testesterone controls sexual drive in both sexes. Males have more, more than 20x females, thus more sex urge than females

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
Wilgrea7:

@ italicized, Yeah, you're right, love isn't the correct word. Maybe attraction

@bolded, No. Testosterone or any hormone doesn't control sexuality, or behavior. Only anatomical, biochemical and physiological attributes. Testesterone controls sexual drive in both sexes. Males have more, more than 20x females, thus more sex urge than females

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

There Is No Black Jesus / 8 Important Ways We Can Render Christian Works To God In Faith / My Problem With Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.