Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV (75611 Views)

Lagos - GRV Confident Of Victory With Results Coming In & Canceled Poll Units / Online Poll Lagos. GRV, JDR Or Sanwolu - Next Governor / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by raymondinc(m): 8:52pm On Mar 12, 2023
Those quoting him and at thesame time itemising what he said he is going to do with doubts, I want to ask, "had Sanwo Olu been a Governor before apart from in Lagos State?"
Had he any experience before now?
The young man will have his chance and he will become the Governor of Lagos State whether any other party members like it or not.
POWER MUST CHANGE HAND.

3 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Switruth: 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2023
dappydozzy:

Look, this guy Dapagun is making sense, in fact this GRV guy though young lacks the experience to govern Lagos, he has not even being in the corridors of power before, not a perm sec., Lg chairman, commisioner, governance is more than just attending Ivy league schools, experience is needed. All these people are just opportunists.
all about Lagos. Na wao. You guys have proved nothing about the guy being inexperienced. Prove it bro.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by shoboy9: 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
Assume a gov starts first year with revenue of $1bn at 100/$ and wage component is 20%. That means he has revenue of 100bn naira and 20bn for wages.
In his second year, if exchange rate goes to 200/$, the revenue becomes 200bn naira but the wage remains 20bn!
Now the first year he had 80bn (100-20) for projects. Part of that will involve imports. Let's assume half. That will be 40bn or $0.4bn.
But in second year, he has 200-20 = 180bn available. Import bill of $0.4bn is now 80bn naira at new rate. So there is now excess of 180 - 80 = 100bn naira!
Without any effort, without touching wages, he gains money! But he gains it because value of naira falls. Unfortunately, because of this and the multiple rate regime, the value of naira will continue to fall!
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Spandau: 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post

Chinedu Rigour-Vhodes! Governor nkwanu. Go to your mother's village and govern them their.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ycat: 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
Gbam!!!!

Igbos want to sneek a sleek one in on gullible Yoruba, but showed their hands too early.

The Rhodes Vivour guy is a real life shigidi, Yoruba he can't speak and English is a problem. How many people understand his igbo language in Alausa? He literally had a seizure trying to pronounce 'unequivocally' in front of his junkyard audience.
darkkknight2010:

Wonderful post!

However, his real and underpinning motives remain largely unclear, ambiguous and ulterior.

He is benefitting from the current political sand-storm in the midst of a lot of unnecessary ethnocentric, psychological games and image-laundering.

The LP Lagos Guber Candidate is currently on the Board of Al Huda Nigeria Limited and Delta International Commercial City Asaba (DICCA) in Delta State. A company owned by his father Olawale Rhodesvivour. The true corporate and operational status of this company remains unknown till this very moment. His father is not the former Supreme Justice Bode Rhodesvivour. All of these are embedded in the links below.

References:
https://twitter.com/Topsyken/status/1631551902369316868?t=UJNSJF2JS0tBFcuyXWTnOA&s=19
https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/01/gbadebo-rhodes-vivour-the-man-for-a-new-lagos/
https://b2bhint.com/en/company/ng/delta-international-commercial-city-asaba-ltd--RC-1379432
https://dailytrust.com/delta-signs-mou-for-asaba-commercial-city-project/
http://www.blanknewsonline.com/delta-govt-signs-mou-for-delta-commercial-city-project/

Now, few questions:
1. Has the LP Lagos Guber Candidate resigned from the positions held in these private business concerns?

2. If Yes, can he publish officially his resignation letters and Board Resolutions reflecting the same?

3. If Yes also, why is he leaving such an important project that can exponentially transform Asaba, Delta State to run for Governor in Lagos State at this opportune moment?

4. If No, how does he intend to manage his public office portfolio as Executive Governor of a state like Lagos and private portfolio as an Executive Director in a private construction company faraway in Asaba, Delta State without breaching ethics of corporate governance?

5. On the Delta Commercial City Project in Asaba, what is the current status of this project considering that it was launched since 2016?

6. Can the LP Lagos Guber Candidate maximize this to showcase his track-record and performance in result-orientation, consistency, public service delivery and project completion drive?

7. Simply put, is it an ongoing or abandoned project? Any evidence or proof of performance/ success? If he can not transform Asaba, how can he transform Lagos?

8. Where has the finance for the project been coming from or will be coming from in future? Any audited financial reports to prove accountability and sound managerial ethics?

9. Why did he not foremost prioritize and consider designing and implementing this kind of project for the benefit of Lagos and Lagosians considering the drive to turn Lagos into a megacity?

10. Has the LP Guber Lagos Candidate done a verifiable Assets/ Net Worth Declaration?

11. Point no. 15.0 on "Working with Labour Party to appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt, each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor".
a) Is this not a clandestine attempt at re-establishing and re-entrenching a neo-godfatherism (new form of god-fatherism) masquerading as sustainable succession planning for LP candidacy?
b) Based on what criteria will the appointees be screened and chosen?

These are real issues about character, competence, capacity and credibility that the Lagos LP Guber ought to be engaged upon to duly address and clarify.

Enough of the flowery semantics and sentimental merry-go-rounds.

Let's hope the unnecessary and toxic dust of tribalism and ethno-centricism can settle for this to occur in the appropriate quarters and channels.

The hopes and destinies of Lagos and true Lagosians hang in the balance.

@flokii
@opamoses1
@ycat
@omoawoke
@drlateef

3 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by darkkknight2010: 11:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
ycat:
Gbam!!!!

Igbos want to sneek a sleek one in on gullible Yoruba, but showed their hands too early.

The Rhodes Vivour guy is a real life shigidi, Yoruba he can't speak and English is a problem. How many people understand his igbo language in Alausa? He literally had a seizure trying to pronounce 'unequivocally' in front of his junkyard audience.

An agama lizard can never become a komodo dragon..

No matter the packaging.

While the APC has performed albeit not too good.

The LP Lagos candidate is a frying pan to fire scenario.

1. Mention one top calibre entity in Nigeria that employs simply and solely based on educational qualifications. Except it is an entry level post.

Can any bank employ you as a CEO simply because you are an Harvard or any Ivy league university Graduate?

The job of a Governor is Chief Executive Officer of the government of a state. That is not an entry level job.

Educational qualifications are certainly not enough.

Experience is paramount.

2. We know his progenitors and ancestors. But are we voting for his ancestors?

Do you employ a CEO of a bank because his ancestors were distinguished bankers?

When did life-long career achievements become genetic and transmittable?

He has no successful career in anything. Both as an architect and politician.

Everything about him is comestics and aesthetics.

Absymally flawed substandard product (candidate) in a superb package (campaign).

Classical case of trying to feed a child agbo from 5Alive container.

Such a colossal deception! Shaki nnsheybii orar.

12 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ycat: 12:24am On Mar 13, 2023
This is a homerun all the way! Kudos!
darkkknight2010:

An agama lizard can never become a komodo dragon..

No matter the packaging.

While the APC has performed albeit not too good.

The LP Lagos candidate is a frying pan to fire scenario.

1. Mention one top calibre entity in Nigeria that employs simply and solely based on educational qualifications. Except it is an entry level post.

Can any bank employ you as a CEO simply because you are an Harvard or any Ivy league university Graduate?

The job of a Governor is Chief Executive Officer of the government of a state. That is not an entry level job.

Educational qualifications are certainly not enough.

Experience is paramount.

2. We know his progenitors and ancestors. But are we voting for his ancestors?

Do you employ a CEO of a bank because his ancestors were distinguished bankers?

When did life-long career achievements become genetic and transmittable?

He has no successful career in anything. Both as an architect and politician.

Everything about him is comestics and aesthetics.

Absymally flawed substandard product (candidate) in a superb package (campaign).

Classical case of trying to feed a child agbo from 5Alive container.

Such a colossal deception! Shaki nnsheybii orar.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Versal: 6:05am On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?
The ones that "understand" governance did asked the AG, FM
Guess what? they asked for their own pocket.
Suffer no de tire una.
Every experienced politician in Nigeria is a thief.
I pray Lagos doesn't miss this guy
It is now or never.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Versal: 6:07am On Mar 13, 2023
raymondinc:
Those quoting him and at thesame time itemising what he said he is going to do with doubts, I want to ask, "had Sanwo Olu been a Governor before apart from in Lagos State?"
Had he any experience before now?
The young man will have his chance and he will become the Governor of Lagos State whether any other party members like it or not.
POWER MUST CHANGE HAND.
Oil de ur head
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by boborosky(m): 8:26am On Mar 13, 2023
[quote author=Saidfx post=121672839][/quote]

And you think Lagos would be what it is without migrants?

Do you have any idea how much the Igbo has invested in Lagos?

How many people from the SW have houses in the SE? There seems to be few or even none.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by 9jaRealist: 8:29am On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?

You can by reducing/eliminating WASTAGE and LEAKAGES…
Nigerian govts overspend at the top and underspend at the bottom.

>
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by 9jaRealist: 8:33am On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
2. The only way companies can increase their wage bill is if they earn more. If they don't earn more how will they be able to afford more for their workers? You said this will happen on the second day. Does this man have a magic wand somewhere?

Nigerian companies use private jets…
But cannot afford LIVING wages for their workers. SMH
>
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by 9jaRealist: 8:36am On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
3 and 4.

Cancel your tax consultants then where will the money came from to do what you said you will do with the "money saved"?

Have you thought that the legal battle that will arise from terminating tax contracts might actually bankrupt the state? Who now handles taxes? Corrupt civil servants who no one can monitor?

Why do we normalize rubbish in Nigeria?
Where in the civilized world are “tax consultants” used?!

>
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Pleasant01: 9:25am On Mar 13, 2023
How many times this one won reach front page

4 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by hkunle71(m): 9:26am On Mar 13, 2023
Abeg make una help me tell GVR say e no dey go anywhere for Lagos... Don't waste yah money... Go and ask the likes of Obanikoro AKA kosi Koro kosibo
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Pleasant01: 9:28am On Mar 13, 2023
boborosky:

And you think Lagos would be what it is without migrants?

Do you have any idea how much the Igbo has invested in Lagos?

How many people from the SW have houses in the SE? There seems to be few or even none.
Did they come to beg you to build houses here? You saw that building house here is better than building it in your region.....and you keep talking like we came to beg you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by OmonnakOdapig: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2023
Amazing
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by easzypeaszy(m): 9:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Oga leave dat tin.. U no fit be Gov
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by alizma: 9:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
3 and 4.

Cancel your tax consultants then where will the money came from to do what you said you will do with the "money saved"?

Have you thought that the legal battle that will arise from terminating tax contracts might actually bankrupt the state? Who now handles taxes? Corrupt civil servants who no one can monitor?
You are smart to pick that loophole. Unfortunately he didn't even mention setting up a substitute to alpha beta, what a failure in waiting. I hope Lagos don't make this biggest but avoidable mistake.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by alizma: 9:38am On Mar 13, 2023
9jaRealist:

Why do we normalize rubbish in Nigeria?
Where in the civilized world are “tax consultants” used?!

>
When was the last time you paid tax, Mr civilize
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Promise47(m): 9:41am On Mar 13, 2023
GRV for the Governor of Lagos your Excellency prepare your Speech for inguration into the Government house
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by OvertheTop(m): 9:43am On Mar 13, 2023
shoboy9:
Assume a gov starts first year with revenue of $1bn at 100/$ and wage component is 20%. That means he has revenue of 100bn naira and 20bn for wages.
In his second year, if exchange rate goes to 200/$, the revenue becomes 200bn naira but the wage remains 20bn!
Now the first year he had 80bn (100-20) for projects. Part of that will involve imports. Let's assume half. That will be 40bn or $0.4bn.
But in second year, he has 200-20 = 180bn available. Import bill of $0.4bn is now 80bn naira at new rate. So there is now excess of 180 - 80 = 100bn naira!
Without any effort, without touching wages, he gains money! But he gains it because value of naira falls. Unfortunately, because of this and the multiple rate regime, the value of naira will continue to fall!

This Guy has Sighted Money in the The Lagos State Vault...
1. All he wants to Do is SPEND the Money he met in the Vault by MAXIMIZING Expenses, especially on Salaries
2. He has NO PLANS to Creating INCOME. HE even Said he will Remove Income Generating Structures LIKE Toll gates and the Rest... Meaning HE will Have to Repair the Roads also from the money found in the Vault.
When the Vault Becomes Empty from all these Expenses, where will he Get Money?
3. This Guy will Finish LAGOS!

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Slynation(m): 9:46am On Mar 13, 2023
Some points are better left unsaid, you don't tell the opposing teams how you plan on attacking their teams, but I felt GRV has done that in this post, I can only wish him good luck tho...
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by xynerise: 9:49am On Mar 13, 2023
Inasmuch as I support Peter Obi, I still don't see this GRV guy as the right person to govern Lagos State with all these unrealistic plans. Sanwo Olu is doing a good job, no sentiment. I am voting Sanwo Olu

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Dchampion65: 9:50am On Mar 13, 2023
Sometimes when a fool keep his mouth shut,people will think he is wise.

3 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by olamitan32(m): 9:53am On Mar 13, 2023
Oga you nah dey decieve yourself oooo...
Lagos is for Sanwolu weather you like it or not👌...
So this your 100 days is in your apartment and not in Lagos🤔
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Kasiyya(m): 10:02am On Mar 13, 2023
Cancelling the conduit pipes through which the god father's are paid with Lagos money is enough to achieve all this.
Many people don't know how much the state spends in running and maintaining the corrupt political structure in Lagos.
That's why they were making mouth with structure because they know how much they have invested now OBI have proved to them that structure is useless.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by spagettiluv: 10:07am On Mar 13, 2023
This guy shouldn’t waste him time and money cos he won’t see draw for this Lagos .
He should go govern his mom state,Abia
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Skyehigher1: 10:16am On Mar 13, 2023
Keep deceiving yourself sanwo olu lekan si
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by FatherofAsaad: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2023
GRV dey play!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Buhari & Hameed Ali In Military Uniform / Sylvester Debe Ojukwu Is Dead! Ojukwu's First Son Dies (PHOTO) / Diezani Allison-Madueke's House Used As COVID-19 Isolation Centre In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.