Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV (75507 Views)

Lagos - GRV Confident Of Victory With Results Coming In & Canceled Poll Units / Online Poll Lagos. GRV, JDR Or Sanwolu - Next Governor / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by rollydex: 10:29am On Mar 13, 2023
If the president of Ghana rule Lagos he will have issue, this guy thinks ruling is a joke, he just showed he knows next to nothing in governance

4 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Charly68: 10:42am On Mar 13, 2023
sanwoolu tried but this young man is coming with zeal that will override every achievements of the past Governments ..the election will be an explosive offset

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by bonnyhope: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post

22 points agenda

Hmmmm....m
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by cuulausk(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2023
This list of 100 days in office is unrealistic… if he truly knows what battles he will fight before he can start implementing them all..though lagos has the money to kick start it but all the loopholes used in milking lagos can’t just give in to his demands.. and I’m afraid Gbadebo needs more experience before thinking of governing a state like Lagos… how i wish there is an experience candidate that can liberate Lagos from the shackles of jagaban…but for now, sanwo olu is a more experience candidate to gbadebo or even jandor

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Yekeensalam(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Story story
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Alezy(m): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
3 and 4.

Cancel your tax consultants then where will the money came from to do what you said you will do with the "money saved"?

Have you thought that the legal battle that will arise from terminating tax contracts might actually bankrupt the state? Who now handles taxes? Corrupt civil servants who no one can monitor?
you are typing rubbish trying to sound smart.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Alezy(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
7. When you pull down the toll gates, I hope you have a plan set up to generate funds to maintain that road. The toll levy is the reason that road is in great shape and except you are prepared for potholes….oh well….
Exactly, the way you and APC has eaten and killed lagosians for years. So you mean a government can't generate income without toll gates in place but can spend 5b monthly on Alpha beta and that's okay by you.

Keep decieving yourself
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Alezy(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2023
Estello:

Lmaooo.

Sebi this is the person they said is the best thing since sliced bread. Heck, I will pick Yahaya Bello over him sef.
No be small yahaya Bello.

Because of partisan Politics you have decided to shut your eyes to obvious truth. You would rather vote in your opressor. Carry on
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Alezy(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2023
Estello:

You state yours na

We already know what you guys did here. Creating a thread and then filling up the first pages with defaming comments won't make him lose Lagos. Every one on NL already know these tactics and it's stale right now.

Come to twitter, majority of the voters appear there. Come and see comment. Keep fooling yourselves here
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2023
Alezy:

We already know what you guys did here. Creating a thread and then filling up the first pages with defaming comments won't make him lose Lagos. Every one on NL already know these tactics and it's stale right now.

Come to twitter, majority of the voters appear there. Come and see comment. Keep fooling yourselves here

GRV is winning on Twitter just like his boss Obi won massively on Twitter.

Lagos will not contain you aftr March 18th

Shameless lying party

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Alezy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
Omoawoke:

GRV is winning on Twitter just like his boss Obi won massively on Twitter.

Lagos will not contain you aftr March 18th

Shameless lying party
See? See your level of sense? You still think it's a political party battle. Meanwhile your future and that of your kids are out in jeopardy everyday by the foolish decisions you make knowingly because of party sentiments. Party when them no even know you. 5o Kobo you no dey chop.

The Urhobo people will say EKPA
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
Alezy:
See? See your level of sense? You still think it's a political party battle. Meanwhile your future and that of your kids are out in jeopardy everyday by the foolish decisions you make knowingly because of party sentiments. Party when them no even know you. 5o Kobo you no dey chop.

The Urhobo people will say EKPA

It is your future and your children's future that may be dependent on GRV or any other politician.
Speak for yourself and leave me out of your delusions.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by drimzsmoke(m): 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?

As in,it’s just crazy!!!
If people at the bottom of the food chain start earning 60k,how much will those on top of the chain earn.wait,let me guess.....1 million per month
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by emmy9500: 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
Going by No 15, that means you don’t involve to conduct local government elections

What happen to letting the people choose their representatives
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by darkkknight2010: 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
Succint!

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by boborosky(m): 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
Pleasant01:

Did they come to beg you to build houses here? You saw that building house here is better than building it in your region.....and you keep talking like we came to beg you

America that is home to people from different parts of the world no dey as proud as SW people. Lagos that was built by Portuguese, the benefits of once being a Federal capital Territory and the investments of non-indigenous members.

As if Lagos would be what it is if it were left in your hands... Look at other SW states that have a low percent of migrants and do the math.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by 9jaRealist: 2:02pm On Mar 13, 2023
alizma:

When was the last time you paid tax, Mr civilize

Which one? Withholding, taken directly from work?
Or the rubbish Agberos like you extort on the streets? SMH
>
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by 9jaRealist: 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
drimzsmoke:
As in,it’s just crazy!!!
If people at the bottom of the food chain start earning 60k, how much will those on top of the chain earn.wait, let me guess.....1 million per month

That’s NOT how minimum wages work…
A Minimum wage increase is a NOT across the board.

Rather, it is to ensure a LIVING wage…
That folks cannot live on their govt salary is DISGRACEFUL!
>

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by drimzsmoke(m): 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
9jaRealist:

That’s NOT how minimum wages work…
A Minimum wage increase is a NOT across the board.

Rather, it is to ensure a LIVING wage…
That folks cannot live on their govt salary is DISGRACEFUL!
>

Really
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by 9jaRealist: 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
drimzsmoke:

Really

Yep, really!

A LIVABLE minimum wage increase strategy seeks to NARROW (not close) the gap between those at the top of the food chain (where govts in Nigeria tend to OVERspend - govt car, govt quarters, estacode, driver, etc.) and the foot of the chain (where govt UNDERspends). Accordingly, implementing increases across the board would have the inapposite effect - EXACERBATE the gap!

>
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by luluman: 2:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?
You asked if he has contacted accountant general and without receiving an answer yet again say he doesn't understand governance. Thats a dumb thing to say. Ask him tete a tete before you try to please your APC principal. You Bleep up o

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by luluman: 2:41pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
6. 10,000 vehicles. You want to bring more cars to Lagos. Is lagos traffic not enough for your people? You want 10,000 more vehicles so that everyone should kuku buy a bed and be sleeping in traffic
Is that what APC stereotype your mouth to be saying?
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by luluman: 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:
7. When you pull down the toll gates, I hope you have a plan set up to generate funds to maintain that road. The toll levy is the reason that road is in great shape and except you are prepared for potholes….oh well….
He is not as dumb as you ofcourse, he knows his onions.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by luckyz4rea(m): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dapagun:

The monies stollen every month can do what he wants to do. You’ll be shocked how much individuals take home on weekly basis either legitimately or illegitimately
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Pleasant01: 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
boborosky:

America that is home to people from different parts of the world no dey as proud as SW people. Lagos that was built by Portuguese, the benefits of once being a Federal capital Territory and the investments of non-indigenous members.

As if Lagos would be what it is if it were left in your hands... Look at other SW states that have a low percent of migrants and do the math.
Americans aren't proud? Tf you saying
Are the Portuguese still the one governing Lagos? So whose hand is Lagos in rn?....also Ogun and Oyo have the highest GDP and igr amongst state without oil... they get the highest FDI in Nigeria after Lagos

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ThatrealestApex: 9:34am On Mar 14, 2023
How many times will this make front page? sad sad sad sad
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Tee2027: 9:35am On Mar 14, 2023
You first 100 days as Anambra Governor I think that is what you want to say.

Good luck to you in Ananbra state and good luck to Anambrans but if you are talking of Lagos young man we will teach a lesson of your life by Saturday. You an your motivational speaker will not only be disgrace we will strip you and them naked and their won't be anyone to cover your unclothedness.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Exedyne: 9:36am On Mar 14, 2023
Dapagun:

hes a Igbo.

their default setting is stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tabaralph: 9:37am On Mar 14, 2023
Dapagun:

Exactly my thought, talking is cheap, does he think he wants to govern badagry local government alone or what?

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tomdon(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2023
Dynamicboss:
Very unrealistic journey map except if alpha beta cancellation is achieved. Before he can increase salary, has he consider the current expenditure, debt profile, revenue stream and other financial constraints?

This boy no understand governance at all. See person whey e wan become governor of the 4th largest economy in Africa. SMH cry undecided

Note: Those quoting me with insults need to understand that I never insulted nor abuse their local champion governorship candidate. I will make it clear that GRV is inexperienced, unfit and lack the needed experience to manage Lagos. It's my candid opinion and if it pains you, jump into 3rd mainland lagoon. Thanks.

Your opinion is useless since you have displayed low intelligence
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tabaralph: 9:41am On Mar 14, 2023
luluman:
He is not as dumb as you ofcourse, he knows his onions.

Not only onions why not add tomatoes and peppers join, let him go to Abia State as a ward councillor for 4years and let us see his performance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

30 Private Jets At Babangida's Daughter's Wedding: Nigerians React / Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.