Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV (75503 Views)

Lagos - GRV Confident Of Victory With Results Coming In & Canceled Poll Units / Online Poll Lagos. GRV, JDR Or Sanwolu - Next Governor / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Safari29: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2023
He is not ready

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by jaxxy(m): 11:59am On Mar 14, 2023
BeanX:
You are definitely from the south east, Sanwo-olu will complete his 8 years as governor and there's nothing y'all can do about it.

campaign for sanwolu bt stop saying nonsense.

I from the south east and so what? I voted for fashola, ambode and even sanwolu. I don't discriminate because of tribe I vote who I think cam perform or does well.

I will not vote sm1 just because of tribe even when I know he can't perform.

please stop ur tribal bigotry.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Jerewise332(m): 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
Dapagun:
6. 10,000 vehicles. You want to bring more cars to Lagos. Is lagos traffic not enough for your people? You want 10,000 more vehicles so that everyone should kuku buy a bed and be sleeping in traffic
I no fit laf
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Bigbayour: 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
WhereMyLoud:
What organisation did Sanwo-olu manage?

He was DGM of a Bank at the age of 35
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by newnigerdelta00: 12:37pm On Mar 14, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post

No office for you and peter,419
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by eteebanky1: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lol, this labour party candidate na confirm mumu man

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by BeanX(m): 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
jaxxy:

I from the south east and so what? I voted for fashola, ambode and even sanwolu. I don't discriminate because of tribe I vote who I think cam perform or does well.

If you voted for Sanwo olu why can't you vote him again? you think a political novince will be able to transform a cosmopolitan city like Lagos?

GRV should be contesting for house of assembly not governorship, let those with experience govern Lagos. I might not support Tinubu presidency but Sanwo-olu I will support him with my full chest and by the grace of God he will complete Lagos for 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by jaxxy(m): 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2023
BeanX:
If you voted for Sanwo olu why can't you vote him again? you think a political novince will be able to transform a cosmopolitan city like Lagos?

GRV should be contesting for house of assembly not governorship, let those with experience govern Lagos. I might not support Tinubu presidency but Sanwo-olu I will support him with my full chest and by the grace of God he will complete Lagos for 8 years.

I have no issues with sanwolu, I voted for him over ambode for a reason and he was doing well up untill the pandemic and endsars. I allowed powers that think they be influence his government and state and led him to the worst judgement. The youths may forgive him bt will not forget.

Lekki toll gate shooting should never have happened.

I looked pass that bt sanwolu keep making more and more mistakes in governance because he wants to please too many power mongers in apc over his duty as a governor.

he is not in control of his government and he has disregarded the voice of the people several times to please selfish interests.

I will not vote for him again because of that.

as for GRV is is an architect, a true lagosian and from a visionary, respected and decent family background.

He has all it takes to lead lagos to the next level with his youthful vibrance.

The only reason u are questioning him is because he is not tied to the apron of a so called godfather who does nothing but rip the state off to give us unending white elephant projects.

The corruption in apc will not allow them take Lagos to the next level. Lagos will continue to struggle for no reason under greedy apc power mongers.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tabaralph: 1:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
jaxxy:

is he from abia?

Can an ondo man contest for governor in ekiti?

Real Lagosians should govern lagos abeg not osun and ogun state migrants.
They are south west, they are Yoruba and they can speak,read and write in Yoruba fluently unlike your chinedu who can only speak English and ibo fluently , how will he communicate with the local Yoruba people he wants to govern, through proxy right?

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tabaralph: 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2023
jaxxy:

Suddenly sanwo olu can’t perform well again because of your chinedu right?

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by jaxxy(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
tabaralph:

Suddenly sanwo olu can’t perform well again because of your chinedu right?

even b4 GRV came on board I was questioning sanwolus performance.

what annoyed me most was the killing if a girl in the brt bus and how lagos state government has handled it like that are covering the matter.

Sanwolu is not addressing the right issues he should be addressing and there are too many things going wrong under his watch.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by jaxxy(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2023
tabaralph:

They are south west, they are Yoruba and they can speak,read and write in Yoruba fluently unlike your chinedu who can only speak English and ibo fluently , how will he communicate with the local Yoruba people he wants to govern, through proxy right?

stop ur bigotry. gbadebo speaks yoruba. his father is yoruba like seyi tinubu who's mother is delta.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2023
see packaging and master plan grin
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by WhereMyLoud: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bigbayour:

He was DGM of a Bank at the age of 35
which bank
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tabaralph: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
jaxxy:

stop ur bigotry. gbadebo speaks yoruba. his father is yoruba like seyi tinubu who's mother is delta.

So it never occurs to you that Remi Tinubu is not SEYI biological mother right?… Google is your friend moronic chimp.and for your information gbadebo can’t write, speak or hear Yoruba but speak ibo fluently.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by jaxxy(m): 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
tabaralph:

So it never occurs to you that Remi Tinubu is not SEYI biological mother right?… Google is your friend moronic chimp.and for your information gbadebo can’t write, speak or hear Yoruba but speak ibo fluently.

u see the way u insult in a simple conversation or argument like some from yabaleft. That's why nobody take u urchins seriously.

whether remi no born seyi or seyi marry igbo that one na u and sanwolu business.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by oludarekehinde(m): 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?

Yes! It's possible to increase the salary by asking state house of assembly to approve supplementary budget for that purpose.

I guess you are the one that doesn't know how government works.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by 9jahotblog: 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2023
unclejb2:
LP from Top To Bottom next Saturday

The end of Tinubu's choke hold on Lagos is here.
the end of emperor Tinubu is here.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by BeanX(m): 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
jaxxy:

I have no issues with sanwolu, I voted for him over ambode for a reason and he was doing well up untill the pandemic and endsars. I allowed powers that think they be influence his government and state and led him to the worst judgement. The youths may forgive him bt will not forget.

Lekki toll gate shooting should never have happened.

I looked pass that bt sanwolu keep making more and more mistakes in governance because he wants to please too many power mongers in apc over his duty as a governor.

he is not in control of his government and he has disregarded the voice of the people several times to please selfish interests.

I will not vote for him again because of that.

as for GRV is is an architect, a true lagosian and from a visionary, respected and decent family background.

He has all it takes to lead lagos to the next level with his youthful vibrance.

The only reason u are questioning him is because he is not tied to the apron of a so called godfather who does nothing but rip the state off to give us unending white elephant projects.

The corruption in apc will not allow them take Lagos to the next level. Lagos will continue to struggle for no reason under greedy apc power mongers.
First of all didn't you know that Sanwo-olu is Tinubu boy before you voted him? why the change of decision now?

You guys are just funny, so it's a political novince that can transform Lagos right? tell me is your state of origin better than Lagos State? why are most of you guys concerned about Lagos? because the last time I checked Lagos isn't doing that bad and it's still the best state in Nigeria.

Sanwo olu will complete his 8 years tenure and there's nothing you guys can do about it, we don't want a political novince to rule a cosmopolitan city like Lagos, never!

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by jaxxy(m): 11:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
BeanX:
First of all didn't you know that Sanwo-olu is Tinubu boy before you voted him? why the change of decision now?

You guys are just funny, so it's a political novince that can transform Lagos right? tell me is your state of origin better than Lagos State? why are most of you guys concerned about Lagos? because the last time I checked Lagos isn't doing that bad and it's still the best state in Nigeria.

Sanwo olu will complete his 8 years tenure and there's nothing you guys can do about it, we don't want a political novince to rule a cosmopolitan city like Lagos, never!

fashola was a tinubu boy and I voted for him even when tinubu didn't want him to go 2nd term we fought for him to do 2nd term and voted for him.

That should tell u I am not against being a tinubu boy or even against tinubu bt u am against nonsense by anybody whether u are a tinubu boy or not or even tinubu himself.

if tinubu does the right thing I will support him and if he doesn't I will criticize him.

it's very simple for me really. it's not personal like u bigots think.

I also vote ambode a tinubu boy. bt if ambode or sanwolu does rubbish it's my duty to vote them out.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by BeanX(m): 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
jaxxy:

fashola was a tinubu boy and I voted for him even when tinubu didn't want him to go 2nd term we fought for him to do 2nd term and voted for him.

That should tell u I am not against being a tinubu boy or even against tinubu bt u am against nonsense by anybody whether u are a tinubu boy or not or even tinubu himself.

if tinubu does the right thing I will support him and if he doesn't I will criticize him.

it's very simple for me really. it's not personal like u bigots think.

I also vote ambode a tinubu boy. bt if ambode or sanwolu does rubbish it's my duty to vote them out.
I don't know what you mean by bigot but I'm not one, Sanwo-olu never messed up, there have also been alot of progress in his tenure, just tell us you want to vote the GRV guy because he's half igbo and because Obi vouched for him. that's all.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by jaxxy(m): 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
BeanX:
I don't know what you mean by bigot but I'm not one, Sanwo-olu never messed up, there have also been alot of progress in his tenure, just tell us you want to vote the GRV guy because he's half igbo and because Obi vouched for him. that's all.

i never knew he was half igbo when I started to consider him. Alm I knew was he was part of endsars movement... I didn't even know he was a true lagosian untill much later and also sm architect.

the fact u can't acknowledge any of sanwokus failures is a serious problem.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Raheeqilmaktoom: 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
I just read this and I must say this guy's confidence is out fo the world, to be spewing such rubbish. Omo. 😂

Vibes and Ellu P. 😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

30 Private Jets At Babangida's Daughter's Wedding: Nigerians React / Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.