Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV (75660 Views)

Lagos - GRV Confident Of Victory With Results Coming In & Canceled Poll Units / Online Poll Lagos. GRV, JDR Or Sanwolu - Next Governor / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by arimusg: 10:57am On Mar 11, 2023
Another Peter obi in Lagos
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Isabi4lov: 10:58am On Mar 11, 2023
I wish him all the best , let the people decide who wants to lead them .

Nairaland is not a polling unit .
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Zeezenho: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?

Alpha beta 5bn monthly will take care of it.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by bdon123(m): 10:59am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
6. 10,000 vehicles. You want to bring more cars to Lagos. Is lagos traffic not enough for your people? You want 10,000 more vehicles so that everyone should kuku buy a bed and be sleeping in traffic
wen u create assembly plant...that is jobs.Also ,that will bring down cost of new cars.Meaning some palasa will be disposed off d roads as new cars hav come in.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by manmade(m): 10:59am On Mar 11, 2023
I can see some paid bloggers trying frantically to discredit GRV manifesto on this thread but they're meeting their match in the obidients on ground ... They're getting frustrated already grin
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by solreb: 11:01am On Mar 11, 2023
GRV yansh Don open to show that he has no basic administrative and governance experience even in private establishments. Most of the things he has listed can only be achieved in his dreams because they will get the government into unnecessary legal battles and mist importantly House of Assembly must approve. This is democracy and.not military regime. GRV is better suited to go try his.magic wand in Anambra

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Thomasankara(m): 11:01am On Mar 11, 2023
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy[/color]which kind play be this? even American presidential hopeful won't campaign with this. I believe this action plan is not conceived by him, rather by someone, who is not in the state or does not know how the state operates. Haha u wanna do this within 4months,not even little by little[color=#770077]
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by bdon123(m): 11:01am On Mar 11, 2023
Estello:

It is no surprise he is coming from PDP. This is their way, take down democratically elected LGA Officials and appoint their own people. It shows in his blood

Awon bob the builder
so u didnt see 16. set a date for local govt elections or u jst want look for fault.So u prefer alpha beta collecting 5BN monthly frm govt purse...suffer no dey tire u?
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Lordcassy: 11:01am On Mar 11, 2023
Omg...this is not from GRV right... because this plan is retarded.. it can't work..you want to increase minimum wage...hope he knows that...interest rate will also increase..thus the price of food stuffs in Lagos will increase...making life even harder for lagosians..

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Fearyourcreator: 11:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?
E dey sweet to talk if you never enter na... E dey sweet gan... Person talk this and some go fall... Chei! Many Nigerians and small pikin brains...

4 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by back2sender: 11:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Good First 100 days plan, a strong deviation from the past.

This is commendable, he has provided the performance indicators for his assessment , LETS SEE the performance indiactor of Sanwo Olu, Jandor, Doherty etc for 100 days in office.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by bdon123(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Estello:

No body asked him how he wants to find the 100Km rail line. Since he wants to sack the tax consultants.

The entire thing makes zero sense
is alpha beta d only tax consultants available?
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 11:03am On Mar 11, 2023
Bede2u:
the negative news are popular among traditional APC voters in lagos. The ones that voted LP no send. I will say he stands a chance. I want him to win but I also personally like sanwo Olu...which means I'm indifferent in a way

Igbos worldwide are sponsoring GRV

The question is ; what is their motive?

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by bdon123(m): 11:04am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
They want to compare him with this guy
This guy is stealing ur future n handing over to tinubu family.Ambode was beta....u deserve d suffer u are getting
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Zeezenho: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:
Increase minimum wage to 60k and in the future 100k

How is that possible? Where will the money come from?

This is a pipe dream, we are also fighting inflation and you want to increase minimum wage

No be una say lagos De generate 1 trillion a week?

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Allisgud: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2023
Most of u shouting where will he get all the money to fund all this bogus promises, u all dont know that if cutting cost of govt is applied in lagos most especially infastructural contract u will open ur mouth WOW, a project which is not more than 2b they will say is 10b etc like that
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by theysg: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2023
DeJoeee:
For those asking how he is going to generate the money.
Cancelling the conduit pipes through which the god father's are paid with Lagos money is enough to achieve all this.
Many people don't know how much the state spends in running and maintaining the corrupt political structure in Lagos.
That's why they were making mouth with structure because they know how much they have invested now OBI have proved to them that structure is useless.

This is not about Obi oga ade...

You need to open your eyes beyound this insect sentiment you are spitting out.

Governance is not magic, GRV's goals are not realistic even though they may look Specific and Timebound, they are not attainable without causing systemic imbalance.

The dude is a sweet talker and just want to grab power by all means.

Lagos is not Borno or Onitsha, It is a Metropolitan and it is the 4th largest Economy in Africa, you dont come into Government and say you want to increase Salary to 100k, he didn't even consider how that will cause Market inflation and its effect on other lagosians who are not Civil servants?

Or don't you know that when there's availability of disposable income, market price will automatically adjust itself it's reality?

Or don't you know that the movement of market price in Lagos alone can affect another man's life in your Obi's Anambra?

Go and understand your economics.

This GRV guy nah Dunce walahi...

3 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by infogeneral: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2023
The guy is a dreamer. That's why you need experience to tell you that you have to overcome many legal obstacles to be able to achieve many of the things he listed here. Unless you are a dictator, even if you are, there is a limit to what you can dictate in a democracy.

4 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Lordcassy: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2023
crossbreedwears:
He doesn't know anything bro. The increasing of minimum wage is the biggest problem. When Sowore said he will increase minimum wage to 100k that is when I knew he had nothing upstairs. The only way Nigerians can enjoy is when the president tackles Inflation, reduce tax rate and exchange rate. Once these can be achieved, we are good to go
Finally someone that understand.s..GRV is a clown

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by kingmaster2009: 11:05am On Mar 11, 2023
This one just want come and waste Lagosian time

3 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 11:05am On Mar 11, 2023
back2sender:

Good First 100 days plan, a strong deviation from the past.

This is commendable, he has provided the performance indicators for his assessment , LETS SEE the performance indiactor of Sanwo Olu, Jandor, Doherty etc for 100 days in office.

A deviation or disruption.
Let’s imagine it even happens he wins, I can assure u Lagos will never see stability in the first 4 years not to talk of 100 days
You guys under-estimate power. You think power is easy to carry. The first 365 days, they will still be confused

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by santuspearl: 11:05am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post

WOW.. I know we have good brains in Nigeria who without godfatherism will develop this country... Very impressive ideas, I wish I can vote for you but I am not from Lagos state... God is with you... APC and his failure Sanwo olu should prepare for proper handing over come may 29
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Fawazzz: 11:06am On Mar 11, 2023
It's easier said than done
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by bdon123(m): 11:06am On Mar 11, 2023
Ventura1:
GRV is ambitious, it's good, but how feasible are the programmes within the timeframe?
Even if its minimum wage up thats already improved standard of living.Come even if he maintains status quo wit nothing new.....would u rather allow zero elections for lagos,i mean tinubu picking n firing govs whenever he feels like
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Lacash: 11:08am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour

Sponsored Post
It’s a pity Mr CRV abi GRV deni just shot himself in the head, his so called agenda has really exposed him to show how clueless he is in term of running a good governance. #MrClown🤡🤡

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by yemmit90: 11:09am On Mar 11, 2023
DeJoeee:
For those asking how he is going to generate the money.
Cancelling the conduit pipes through which the god father's are paid with Lagos money is enough to achieve all this.
Many people don't know how much the state spends in running and maintaining the corrupt political structure in Lagos.
That's why they were making mouth with structure because they know how much they have invested now OBI have proved to them that structure is useless.

And you think he won't build and establish another structure for his party too? Did you see where he said he would dismantled democratically elected local governments and conduct election that will probably focus on caretakers.

Lagos has the best method of IGR in Nigeria, reason other states are using same Alpha beta you are condemning. You can't leave the work for corrupt civil servants and expect good results.

The worst thing that will ever befall Lagos is to allow inexperience person who has never manage an organisation to be a governor. The calibres of Peter Obi and other experienced managers are the ones good for economy of Lagos, not a boy like GVR.

Let Sanwo olu complete his good work abeg.

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 11:09am On Mar 11, 2023
Gloriagee:
Yes it can be done, even if I no know anything, I know that one. If all the stolen and misappropriated funds are realigned to the poor, this can be achieved. If all the ghost workers are sacked, then it can be achieved. cool

Na so e easy to gather stolen funds
Same thing buhari faced when he first entered that send the country to recession
First 500 days in office, GRV will still be confused

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Teddy0147(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour

Sponsored Post

I be wan vote for this guy ooo but now I understand e nor know anything about governance….. maybe na family planning e Dey do

3 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 11:11am On Mar 11, 2023
iichidodo:
Maybe in the markets in Kwara but not enlightened people of Lagos who voted for LP...

Chinedu will not see up to 400k votes

Know this and know peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

The Spiritual Side Of Aso Villa By Reuben Abati / Sunday Igboho Arrives Court In Benin Republic Ahead Of Trial / Chairs Destroyed As Portable Gets Into A Fight During Show In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.