Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV (75537 Views)

Lagos - GRV Confident Of Victory With Results Coming In & Canceled Poll Units / Online Poll Lagos. GRV, JDR Or Sanwolu - Next Governor / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Dynamicboss: 10:46am On Mar 11, 2023
missade:

If his plan is to dissolve Alpha Beta then he must have a working alternative to collecting taxes. It’s the taxes I.e internally generated revenue that will fuel most of the projects he may want to undertake. Hate it or leave it, tax collection in LASG is very organized in connection with the banks. Digitalized and very efficient…to dissolve he must find an alternative unless he doesn’t want to collect tax though. Which is how LASG really makes money making it the only state banks lend clean to…I.e without any form of security

I agree with you. Understand Alpha better business model and removing the financial risk will make more funds available for infrastructure and other needs of Lagosians. To me, he can't just pull down alpha beta without challenging it in court . Also, I believe he has ulterior move by diverting same funds to his pocket

7 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by irunoko(m): 10:46am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
2. The only way companies can increase their wage bill is if they earn more. If they don't earn more how will they be able to afford more for their workers? You said this will happen on the second day. Does this man have a magic wand somewhere?
Yoruba will say enu dun rofo.

It is easier to talk than to do.leave him to be building castles in the air

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by STENON(f): 10:47am On Mar 11, 2023
This Guy is a real Comedian with his 21 points agenda for his first 100 days in the office cheesy

Nothing looks promising or sustainable as a project in his whole agenda lipsrsealed what is point 8 doing on the list ? Are you trying to score a cheap point against Sanwo Olu!!

Eko o ni baje o

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by LAFOCUZY: 10:47am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
2. The only way companies can increase their wage bill is if they earn more. If they don't earn more how will they be able to afford more for their workers? You said this will happen on the second day. Does this man have a magic wand somewhere?

Yes you are correct but if you share part of the AYE as if he said, they are not necessarily increasing salary, the govt is indirectly giving staff tax returns. Think it that way. I know people that pay over 1mil in PAYE every month but don't get that value from govt.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Majesty7: 10:47am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?

Obviously knows nothing. Just an empty barrel. Just leave him

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by crossbreedwears(m): 10:47am On Mar 11, 2023
He doesn't know anything bro. The increasing of minimum wage is the biggest problem. When Sowore said he will increase minimum wage to 100k that is when I knew he had nothing upstairs. The only way Nigerians can enjoy is when the president tackles Inflation, reduce tax rate and exchange rate. Once these can be achieved, we are good to go
rajiedreez:
grin This just proved that this guy isn't ready or doesn't know about governance

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by highchief1: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2023
Bede2u:
he is an underdog. However underdogs defeat big dogs all the time and some of the things he says now that he would do, he may not do if elected
lol he can’t be elected stop saying if..that language doesn’t arise.sanwolu will win with landslide.Eveeythjng about LP ended on 25 feb.They will make small noise in SE.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2023
creatorsverse:

All of this and there is no security of lives and property in your plan?? You think APC will handover Lagos to you in a platter of gold?? There will be a serious war in the upcoming days if you win, one I do not wish to be part of

Baba one collect power from Apc and we will serve him in the restaurant grin
Hehehehe I dey laugh
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by missade(f): 10:48am On Mar 11, 2023
ProtectMyMoney:

As a Governor, everything will become transparent, not heresay

Bro, I’m informed on this one o. I understand the agitation against Tinubu but throwing away caution and thinking everything is not clear isn’t the way to go either. Anyways, he won’t be able to stop the levies because he’s contractually bonded to the banks both local and foreign. Or if he thinks he can find from another source let him try.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Bede2u(m): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2023
highchief1:
lol he can’t be elected stop saying if..that language doesn’t arise.sanwolu will win with landslide.Eveeythjng about LP ended on 25 feb.They will make small noise in SE.
Lol 😆. This was what you guys said before lp won 12 states...the same number your apc won. Relax ogbeni na one vote you get.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 10:49am On Mar 11, 2023
highchief1:

If GRV gets up to 400k votes, I’d be surprised beyond surprise.
I see him getting between 250 to 350 k votes against Sanwo olu of about 600 to 700k votes

This guy is a joker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Massiveglory: 10:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Bad governance, slavery and poverty has eaten deep into the system of persons like you , that you can no longer see nor appreciate greatness.
My bro, you are to be pitied.
I advice you to follow this young man that has got courage and great insight.
Danyusufa01:
The very big mistake that Lagosian will make is electing this guy as governor. He really lack knowledge on what is Government and it is duties. Can you imagine him saying he will increase the minimum wage to 60k day one in office as the governor??🤔🤔 Where can he generate the money for this course
Obidients lack proper thinking faculty I swear.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Guk: 10:51am On Mar 11, 2023
Voiceofthestree:

Just shup up if you don’t know anything. Alphabet is a colony company of Tinubu more than half of the money goes to tinubu pocket that’s why he own Nigeria Lagos state have the largest igr all over Nigeria is someone can control Lagos state tax that person own Nigeria any which way ok. Alphabet needed to be scraped off if we want a new Lagos ok.

He will now be collecting Federation tax shocked
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by manmade(m): 10:51am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?
he can do it conveniently and pay the workers arrears of the excess after passing of supplementry budget.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by highchief1: 10:51am On Mar 11, 2023
Bede2u:
Lol 😆. This was what you guys said before lp won 12 states...the same number your apc won. Relax ogbeni na one vote you get.
I no even get any vote I no Dey naija.But I have been telling ppl tinubu will win from the first day he declared interest to run.My analysis r always accurate if u follow my comments here.I told pll Obi will never win although I never expected him to gather such momentum honestly.But e don finish
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by TossTos: 10:51am On Mar 11, 2023
Easier said than done ...
Let's see how Tinubu will lose his Treasury to another person...
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Westerville: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
These one does not understand both politics and governance and is most likely going to cause more problems than solve them.

This is the person they are touting for governor? He can't even manage a local government with this ideas of his

Mr know it all,why didn't you come out to contest and dish out your own manifestos?

Îf you don't have something reasonable to say kindly keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by missade(f): 10:52am On Mar 11, 2023
Draslo:

Double standards. Isn't that exactly why there's toll at Lekki and Ikoyi bridge. He's a toddler when it comes to politics. He dey attend meetings because his father is a billionaire. He dey drop funds wella. So much that they figured 'hey let this cash cow be out flag bearer for the Lagos elections. he's our boy, we can puppet him easily' all those ex PDP degenerates.

Exactly…LASG doesn’t find major projects that are long term from state funds. I’m still shocked he said he will take down the tolls…I know how the toll gate madness affected the banks collection and almost wrecked the insurance companies.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by gegedos(f): 10:52am On Mar 11, 2023
Money be remitted to tinubu and his touts can cover alot of things...do you know how much MC oluomo and his touts dey collect to sleep with celebs?? He understands governance. No dey support bad govt

How will you collect money from mc oluomo and touts when you cancel the Agberos, pls use your sense

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Majesty7: 10:53am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
These one does not understand both politics and governance and is most likely going to cause more problems than solve them.

This is the person they are touting for governor? He can't even manage a local government with this ideas of his

For him to bring out map out such ridiculous plan, he must have met with few other zombies. I tell people that "obidient" exposed the daft people in Nigeria. They are extremely daft

3 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by DangoteAlhaji: 10:53am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:

You're the novice here with little or no knowledge of how govt works . The governor is the budget. The president is the budget, your budgets direction depends on your policy, your programs , priorities,if it is health,it takes the lion share. And more importantly that is why there's what we call SUPPLEMENTARY BUDGET. Alpha Beta's whopping N5B monthly is beyond what all the civil servants in Lagos would embezzle in a year ,if at all they will embezzle anything at all.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ModCaller: 10:53am On Mar 11, 2023
Unrealistic goals.

This guy will sink Lagos if he attempts 50% of those things he just listed

7 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Allisgud: 10:53am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
abeg forget all this ur impossibility, if the 5b tinubu is milking from lagos on a monthly basis because of apha beta is added to worker salaries wount they get 60k, or if they channel the about 100 and something million agbero is sucking from lagosians daily on road, u will not have bad road in 8 years

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ehissi(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post

**SingingOldSchoolJam**Sweet dreams are made of prayers, who am I to disagree........ grin grin

Them never even start election, baba Don declare 100days in office... grin

Na so Obi take promise to increase minimum wage, if he wins, no too blame am, he learnt it from the master.... grin

Minimum wage whey Obi no gree pay as governor, E wan increase Minimum wage if elected president..... grin

Why are Nigerians so gullible??

Yahaya bello own manifesto Sweet pass this one naaaah!!

Go ask Kogi people how E dey play now... grin

Is he aware that the database used for tax Enumeration in lagos is the exclusive property of Alpha Beta?

If he fires them, how will he cope? Who is he deceiving, he wants to ride on anti-tinubu sentiments to win lagos.......

Man no wise at all.........result go shock am like rivers state presidential result, be like leg no dey pain am to waka go court like Obi....... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Bede2u(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2023
highchief1:
I no even get any vote I no Dey naija.But I have been telling ppl tinubu will win from the first day he declared interest to run.My analysis r always accurate if u follow my comments here.I told pll Obi will never win although I never expected him to gather such momentum honestly.But e don finish
since you never expected the momentum, it means you can't say for sure again. You can only hope.
The GRV guy is gathering momentum too

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by VIKTO83(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2023
This is a confirmation that this guy is not prepared.

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 10:54am On Mar 11, 2023
9jahotblog:
GRV is the next governor that will succeed Sanwo Olu this year 2023

Typical ipob
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by highchief1: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2023
Omoawoke:

If GRV gets up to 400k votes, I’d be surprised beyond surprise.
I see him getting between 250 to 350 k votes against Sanwo olu of about 600 to 700k votes

This guy is a joker
exactly person when I pity na jandor.grv overnight is ahead of jandor now.Sanwolu was lucky he did well if not no be wetin we Dey talk now we for Dey talk.The govs that will survive Obi tsunami are those that performed.it’s just like wike,em no Dey see labor party at all.In delta despite the tsunami,all the strong men won their elections,na who no strong Obi breeze Dey blow
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by highchief1: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2023
Bede2u:
since you never expected the momentum, it means you can't say for sure again. You can only hope.
The GRV guy is gathering momentum too
make we Dey watch bro
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Majesty7: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2023
DeJoeee:
For those asking how he is going to generate the money.
Cancelling the conduit pipes through which the god father's are paid with Lagos money is enough to achieve all this.
Many people don't know how much the state spends in running and maintaining the corrupt political structure in Lagos.
That's why they were making mouth with structure because they know how much they have invested now OBI have proved to them that structure is useless.

Only fools will take you serious. You sound so backward and stupid at the same time

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Buhari Vs Atiku: Results From Sokoto 9 LGAs Emerge / Solomon Dalung: Aisha Buhari Now Wears Dress Meant For 3 People / The Machine Gun Wielding Robot The Nigerian Army Is Testing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.