Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV (75692 Views)

Lagos - GRV Confident Of Victory With Results Coming In & Canceled Poll Units / Online Poll Lagos. GRV, JDR Or Sanwolu - Next Governor / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Zeezenho: 11:12am On Mar 11, 2023
Unrated900:
Your first 100 days in office in your dream.
If you are to be a yoruba candidate to LP
Me and my house holds whom are 25 in numbers would cast our votes for you.
But you are triablistic sentimental person.
In 2019 at a press briefing in ikoyi you insulted the yorubas calling us rubbish afonjas.
This same land you want to govern.
Amadioha strike you where you are.
Useless boy...
Only In your life time would you be dreaming as a governor.
Go to your east and be governor

Afonja be proud of your ancestor for once.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by cedricksly: 11:12am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?
oga lagos has money and WHT it takes to increase salaries by even 200% all they have to do is seal off loopholes and cut off some set of people hands off lagos state treasuries... Infact only stopping alphabeta contract alone will go a long way into seeing that lagos has a lot of money that one person and his family are pocketing

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Svoboda(m): 11:13am On Mar 11, 2023
My own is that igbos should allow yorubas run their state o. Those who are prodding this boy will abandon him like shadows under the dark by the time he is beaten blue and black next saturday. Apc in lagos is like the catholic church in italy.

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Lacash: 11:13am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post
Stop making a sex mood promise here man, we ain’t kids here….Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by crossbreedwears(m): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2023
I talk based on what's real. Thank you sir
Lordcassy:

Finally some that understand...GRV is a clown
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by sharone21(f): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour

Sponsored Post

Your Excellency,

6... Let there be industrial revolution... Investors( Nigerians and Expatriates) should be welcomed to invest in Nigeria with some 'tax leave'... There are Nigerians outside the shores of Nigeria that will be willing to invest in Lagos.

9.... Apart from teachers, encourage/reward start up efforts ( including healthy competitions) from those living in Lagos/Lagosians....Foreigners can come in with Digital nomad visas to work online with visas on arrival ( after proper criminal background checks) while they pay taxes to Lagos State. After all, cost of living in Nigeria is almost the cheapest in Aftica

21.... Why do you want to occupy people's sweat? Some Nigerians are abroad working out their butts and it won't be fair you confiscate what is legitimately theirs...Not everyone is/was a Politician

22.... Apart from renovating roads, please build linking bridges from hinterlands eg Makoko, Snake Island, Takwa Bay etc... These could be places that can bring money through tourism and also as industrial locations ( even if they are cottage industries).... I remember that people living here do a lot just to get their agricultural products etc to mainland to sell...Boats that are well managed can exist side by side too.

23.... Encourage internship program for graduates including health graduates.... To slow down brain drain( though may not be entirely possible), health professionals who graduate from Nursing/ Medical colleges( can extend to other health professionals depending on state's funds eg Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists, Medical Laboratory Scientists etc) could be given free small, self contained flats and paid little salary ( may be a bit more if they need to take transportation to their hospitals)... This will encourage them and help them hone their skills for some years at least while they serve the state. This doesn't mean they must all end up being employed with benefits in Lagos Service Commission

*I believe your list isn't exhaustive and you wouldn't mind embracing ideas from others.... Learn to work with wisdom with Career Civil servants so they don't work against your administration as many of them are even more rugged Politicians. Thanks
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:17am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?

Phahahahahahahahaha
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by iichidodo: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2023
Omoawoke:

Chinedu will not see up to 400k votes

Know this and know peace

Yeah, just like LP will not win any state outside SE during Presidential election....Keep Dreaming.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by abbeyfel: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2023
Switruth:
Dapagun. Please tell us what you’ll do if you’re in his shoes for the first 100 days in office. Abi dem send you come? Gerrearu here right now. You don’t know notn
wow! It's evident people like you will make up the bulk of his supporters. People who can't critically think by themselves! How can you attack someone for critically thinking Something that is obvious you can't do by your attack on him...

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by IyaTola: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2023
Dynamicboss:
Very unrealistic journey map except if the alpha beta cancellation is achieved. Before he can increase salary, has he consider the current expenditure, debt profile, revenue stream and other financial constraints?

This boy no understand governance at all. See person whey e wan become governor of the 4th largest economy in Africa. SMH cry undecided

Note: Those quoting me with insults need to understand that I never insulted nor abuse their local champion governorship candidate. I will make it clear that GRV is inexperienced, unfit and lack the needed experience to manage Lagos. It's my candid opinion and if it pains you, jump into 3rd mainland lagoon. Thanks.
I supported GRV but with what he posted about 100 days in office Sanwo-Olu has a vote from me.

7 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by BeanX(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2023
9jahotblog:
GRV is the next governor that will succeed Sanwo Olu this year 2023
In your dreams ☹️😏
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by TheAlchemist: 11:20am On Mar 11, 2023
missade:

I’m shocked that he wants to pull down the toll gate…how will he service the local syndicated loans? The foreign debt Wow! He doesn’t even know that the toll levies are servicing both Local and Int’l debt?? The entire stretch of that road is meant to be FGN initiative which LASG took upon itself to open up the Lekki & beyond axis and this was achieved by accessing both local and foreign debt.

He should revise that one o…his advisors should’ve told him it’s a 30yr project after which the toll levies stop

Never prioritize money over the health and welfare of your citizens being held up in avoidable constant traffic is a silent killer.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Gloriagee(f): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2023
Never compare a drop out with an MIT graduate.

If hes honest, he doesn't need to gather stolen funds, he just needs to stop the stealing wink

Omoawoke:

Na so e easy to gather stolen funds
Same thing buhari faced when he first entered that send the country to recession
First 500 days in office, GRV will still be confused

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by akins33: 11:22am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:

Did you hear what he said,hes gonna cancel 5b of ALFA beta income leakage

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by abbeyfel: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2023
manutdrichie:

So what is the meaning of supplementary budget?
The one that always put us in more problems than it wants to solve?
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Gloriagee(f): 11:23am On Mar 11, 2023
Ose!

akins33:

Did you hear what he said,hes gonna cancel 5b of ALFA beta income leakage
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by missade(f): 11:24am On Mar 11, 2023
TheAlchemist:

Never prioritize money over the health and welfare of your citizens being held up in avoidable constant traffic is a silent killer.

I agree! However the devt of roads are important and in my previous comment on this thread I questioned why GRV will think of deploying a whooping 10k vehicles on already congested roads and suggested that he thinks of water transportation. LASG is surrounded with water…invest heavily in that, make it secure and safe and see the roads decongested in due time. Also the railway is another option to explore but roads absolutely important to accessing communities/further devt of those inner places.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Zeezenho: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2023
crossbreedwears:
He doesn't know anything bro. The increasing of minimum wage is the biggest problem. When Sowore said he will increase minimum wage to 100k that is when I knew he had nothing upstairs. The only way Nigerians can enjoy is when the president tackles Inflation, reduce tax rate and exchange rate. Once these can be achieved, we are good to go

This same idiot will not accept 100k salary but will be happy for others to be paid 30k per month.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Truthshscrazy: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2023
Interesting
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by kpompey: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2023
Try to buy a blue jean from an igbo man. He will ask you to come under mercury blue light, so that a black Jean looks blue. When you get home, a blue jean turns black, but in his shop it is always blue. This boy, Chinedu Gbadebo is a typical Igbo man. Let him go to Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi, Abia and Enugu to implement half of this. He will be a lifetime governor. Chinedu wants to achieve this and that, just like his mentor Peter Obi, without a well-defined road map or template. This is democracy and not a one-man show where you can just wake up and decide. More so, you have never audited the system in terms of reserves, debt to know what is on ground in the state. Only scammers behaved in this way, they lure people with unrealizable promises, later to maltreat every one after assuming office. To all Lagosian, a bread in hand is better than unseen cake. Chinedu Gbadebo is a tool in the hand of the Igbo, and the true intent is to loot Lagos treasury through him, so that these resources can be directed towards the emancipation of the Biafran nation. I served in Enugu more than 12 /13 years ago, and I could confirm that Lagos is considered to be Nigerian newyork in the east. They are envious of the peace and development in the south-west, and the game is to destroy the south-west to build their deserted jungle. Ask them to lead by example, let them vote Lamidi Kolawole Udoka as the governor in Anambra,Imo, Abia , Enugu and Ebonyi first, then this will serve as antecedent to vote CHINEDU GBADEBO. Imagine, what they can not take in their area, they are throwing it at others. Yoruba voted Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba. Hausa replicated the same thing. Only the greedy region voted Igbo, Igbo, Igbo. Yet, they accused us of hatred and being a bigot. They incite our youths with end SARS killing. Yet they covered Akwuzu SARS killing ordered by Peter Obi on MASSOB throughout the campaign. During my service year, Senator Ayogu Eze built 4 classrooms block without toilet, furnitures, and plastering for #100million. Igbo Eze north to Umop road was graded with #650 million. Yet, they neither incite their youth nor question these people. If Yorubas fall into this Gbadebo Chinedu trap, I can bet it, it will be a regret in twilight. Don't be deceived, they represented the devil and a roaring lion seeking for Yoruba to devour. Vote Sanwoolu for second term. He is a known devil, who is far better than an unknown angel.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by fitinwell: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour

Sponsored Post

GRV is security in Lagos not Top priority to you.. because it was not mentioned anywhere on your manifest...

If not for Bola Ahmed Tinubu that we all disliked... As god fatherism.

I would have loved to see Gov.Ambode back!
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by abbeyfel: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Let other people comment werey
Be hold your hand from typing or him seize your internet?
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by olamieseun(m): 11:26am On Mar 11, 2023
I know that's the area you all have focus but thank God Oranmiyan one is back to the campaign teams of sanwo Olu,check him out in any campaign in ALIMOSHO
KINGBEN1:
Lets give GRV a chance.
Lagos needs a new hand.
My PVC is for him.
Alimosho will give it to GRV.
We will Transmit directly.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by IyaTola: 11:27am On Mar 11, 2023
Mitsurugi:

What is the job of the LIRS? Dude if only you knew how Lagos is being milked you won't talk. My sister worked there before moving on to the FIRS. I am better informed. Alpha Beta is a scam
Both LIRS and FIRS are bribe infested most especially LIRS. There certain that can't be written here just know this coming from someone who has been with them for over 10yrs.

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by treatise: 11:27am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
Monies that would be realized from the stoppage of Alpha Beta would largely take care of your fear/reservation.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by aviara: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2023
Like a joke, LP will take over Lagos. This guy is really driving his campaign well. No wonder major stakeholders are practically begging electorates to re-elect Sanwo olu.

The last presidential election had clearly shown that non indegenes especially the Igbo's are the determinant of voting pattern.

Imagine Lagos state paying N5b for tax consultancy.

Tinubu dynasty in Lagos is about to crumble

Vote GRV
Vote LP

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by IyaTola: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2023
fitinwell:

GRV is security in Lagos not Top priority to you.. because it was not mentioned anywhere on your manifest...

If not for Bola Ahmed Tinubu that we no disliked... As god fatherism.

Ambode should have contested under LP, people will vote him.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by abbeyfel: 11:29am On Mar 11, 2023
undisputedKOC:
Just look at the rubbish this bastard child Chinedu is reeling out like a bloody fool he is. Does he think Lagosians are brainless fools like those IPOB Obidîots terrorists that he can deceive by blabbing senseless talk?

Chinedu Rhodes he no go better for you this rejected Igbo mistake child of Rhodes-Vivour. Lagosians are different from your father and can never make the mistake to elect an IPOB Obidîots terrorists candidate like you as governor. Yoruba people are waiting for you this bastard Igbo child next week Saturday. The Ijaw nation has rejected you too undecided
Bros i be yoruba ooo, and a bona-fide lasgidian! This your comment is off! You can't be carrying this so much hate in you around! E fit choke you bro. Seriously! Please take am easy! You are so on the wrong side! Being this pained over anything kills you more than you can ever think of!

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by treatise: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2023
fitinwell:

If not for Bola Ahmed Tinubu that we no disliked... As god fatherism.

Absence of the variables he identified breeds insecurity ; if they are well taken of insecurity would largely not be a malaise as it is now.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by kpompey: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2023
Gloriagee:

If hes honest, he doesn't need to gather stolen funds, he just needs to stop the stealing wink

MIT graduate who can only invest family wealth into politics. He is a sham. Esa Oke HND graduate is far better.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2023
Gloriagee:

Lol, u people really funny
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by abbeyfel: 11:33am On Mar 11, 2023
Gloriagee:
Yes it can be done, even if I no know anything, I know that one. If all the stolen and misappropriated funds are realigned to the poor, this can be achieved. If all the ghost workers are sacked, then it can be achieved. cool

And you think he can achieve all these you stated in his first day in office? Guy says he will increase salaries 100% on his first day in office. How convenient is this? How achievable his this?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

See What Fayose Did Today As His Convoy Met Traffic On Their Way To Akure.Photos / Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK / Fayemi At Tomiwa Fayose And Oluwakemi Owolabi's Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.