Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV (75602 Views)

Lagos - GRV Confident Of Victory With Results Coming In & Canceled Poll Units / Online Poll Lagos. GRV, JDR Or Sanwolu - Next Governor / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 11, 2023
Olu1000:

He said on Arise that Lagos doesn’t need to use it’s own funds to build rail which is true.Foreign investors can build & operate the 100km rail and operate for an agreed number of years to recoup their investments & earn interest on them as well and later hand over the rails to Lagos State when their agreement expires.

You all were saying China owns Nigeria because of the funds buhari collected from china to build the railways.

Now you want lagos state to collect more funds from China to build its own railway.

So we give foreign investors free land, he will invest, make profit plus interest then after give it back to lagos state, how is that a fair agreement?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Aguogba(m): 10:29am On Mar 11, 2023
Alpha -Ahmed,
Beta- Bola's
Consulting- Colony

Put am together. Standard Greek alphabets for A and B. Dude owns Lagos as a colony but some people don't want independence. Shame!

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Eriokanmi: 10:30am On Mar 11, 2023
May God give you the mandate guy
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ATTAH012(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2023
Chai,, small boy sense,, jus try go political course.

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Eriokanmi: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?
Rwsd what he said once again and this time, with your eyeglasses on
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by missade(f): 10:33am On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

So he wants to over tax every one.

Btw, what company will be the next tax collector, i guess the ones approved by him..

From my knowledge, alpha beta deployed the software used in managing/collecting the taxes. That is how they made it digitalized, it is just like the FIRS TaxPromax platform.

Alpha beta is in law so he will have to get that removed first, then get an alternative or else he will go back to Stone Age o. The other way round is to review the % of Tinubu’s controlling share in the company, that way he won’t disrupt a working system.

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by liasmiram2567: 10:33am On Mar 11, 2023
Lashist:

Before sanwo became governor, what organization did he manage?

Mr man Sanwo was a commissioner during Tinubu and Fashola regimes. He was also the MD/CEO of Lagos state Development and Property corporation (LSDPC) during Ambode regime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tubolancer(m): 10:33am On Mar 11, 2023
This guy is a kid.

3 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by sharone21(f): 10:33am On Mar 11, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Wether you're Igbo or not is not issue, can you make him succeed your State Governor with t kind display of incompetence you Hypocrite

Y-E-S

He is young, enlightened( not just educated), an intellectual, intelligent, NEW FACE of Nigeria etc.

Lagos too is my state as we are already 4th, 5th generation in Lagos( since the 1890s).
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ghiloman28(m): 10:34am On Mar 11, 2023
Be enjoying the moment till next week sunday
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by highchief1: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2023
Bede2u:
so he shouldn't run na abi. You guys want to practice one party state where every opposition is an Igbo takeover agenda.
he should run but with one leg
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by highchief1: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2023
ObosiUkwalla:

Is he more idiot than ur father
hmmm
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Voiceofthestree: 10:35am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
6. 10,000 vehicles. You want to bring more cars to Lagos. Is lagos traffic not enough for your people? You want 10,000 more vehicles so that everyone should kuku buy a bed and be sleeping in traffic

Who is this Dapagun saying rubbish as if you know what’s governance is all about are you are sitting there of no where typing rubbish inside your getto with a stipend of 30k monthly. You go school reach that man... anything that will librate lagosians is all we want no more Baba so pe jooor
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Pipefitter: 10:36am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
3 and 4.

Cancel your tax consultants then where will the money came from to do what you said you will do with the "money saved"?

Have you thought that the legal battle that will arise from terminating tax contracts might actually bankrupt the state? Who now handles taxes? Corrupt civil servants who no one can monitor?

Are you saying LIRS isn't qualified to collate, handle and consult on Lagos tax?
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by grandstar(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2023
Bigmouth3:

Which roads are in great shape? Do you know the of meaning great shape? You all have embraced suffering so much that you forget the basic things

How will the roads be maintained when tolls aren't collected? That was one of the purposes for tolling.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by soullove1881(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:
Increase minimum wage to 60k and in the future 100k

How is that possible? Where will the money come from?

This is a pipe dream, we are also fighting inflation and you want to increase minimum wage

God bless you. Emotions is what pushing us into this. This guy doesn't understand economics like H.E Peter Obi.

GRV wants to increase minimum wage by 100% with the current inflation rate in the country. Hahaha
He should instead invest those money in Agriculture and mk food sufficient for his people like subsidizing rice, beans etc. for civil servants and co.

In all, this guy should begin his journey in State house of Assembly or HoR, worst case as a senator not as a Gov of the 4th largest economy in Africa.

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by sreamsense: 10:37am On Mar 11, 2023
This is one of the problem I have stated before. Majority of LP candidates elected are inexperienced and unprepared; south east will soon be regretting and experiencing more bad governance expecially if they go ahead to pick LP candidates as governors

8 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Whatshallido: 10:38am On Mar 11, 2023
House rent, Agent and Agreement nko....

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Bede2u(m): 10:39am On Mar 11, 2023
highchief1:
he should run but with one leg
he is an underdog. However underdogs defeat big dogs all the time and some of the things he says now that he would do, he may not do if elected
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by onuman: 10:39am On Mar 11, 2023
DeJoeee:
For those asking how he is going to generate the money.
Cancelling the conduit pipes through which the god father's are paid with Lagos money is enough to achieve all this.
Many people don't know how much the state spends in running and maintaining the corrupt political structure in Lagos.
That's why they were making mouth with structure because they know how much they have invested now OBI have proved to them that structure is useless.

Recently, even Tinubu inadvertently confirmed the Corrupt Structure of Lagos State when he said he was asking people coming to him for help to go and meet so so person in so so office.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by crossbreedwears(m): 10:39am On Mar 11, 2023
When I said he should start as a Rep Member a lot of people insulted me. He doesn't know anything a lut governance at all.
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Dynamicboss: 10:40am On Mar 11, 2023
49cents:

When Bill gates dreamt of Microsoft never do wells like said its impossible... but in your own case it's out of envy... because you are most likely a beneficiary of the fraudulent APC government that has zero transparency.

Lagos state government refused to sign Freedom of Information bill...

Lagos state government built a 13km rail at 3 times the prices..

I know your type an online urchin earning his wage

You have the right to tackle tactically but you are allowing emotion becloud your line of thought. Read through his manifesto and tell me the feasibility in 100 days. If a daft human being will not hurrily increase staff salary without conducting financial risk of such hasty implementation.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Bluffly: 10:42am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
He understands it the same the previous ones have been promising you all heaven and earth only to deliver burnt pot bottom plate
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Bede2u(m): 10:42am On Mar 11, 2023
sreamsense:
This is one of the problem I have stated before. Majority of LP candidates elected are inexperienced and unprepared; south east will soon be regretting and experiencing more bad governance expecially if they go ahead to pick LP candidates as governors
many inexperienced people join government everyday. Most class of 1999 were inexperienced. The lp governorship candidate in abia is the former ceo diamond bank. In Enugu is a former commissioner from 2015 to 2022. Imo and Anambra are not due for election. Umahi performed in Ebonyi and apc is expected to return there
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Majesty7: 10:44am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post

This one is a fo*l. Nothing upstairs. Number 1 spoilt everything. Not worth reading

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Voiceofthestree: 10:44am On Mar 11, 2023
grandstar:

He is going to bankrupt the state. This is how Aregbesola started with his populism. He fulfilled his campaign promise of employing 10,000 workers. He fulfilled this.

By the start of his second term, ge was owing workers a massive backlog of salaries.

You sack Alpha-Beta, how will you collect tax? The corrupt civil servants can't collect jack.

You think the money saved from corruption and paying off the godfather will free up lots of money?

Is that not what people were expecting from Buhari? Yet, this government has been the most wasteful and most corrupt since 1999.

Just shup up if you don’t know anything. Alphabet is a colony company of Tinubu more than half of the money goes to tinubu pocket that’s why he own Nigeria Lagos state have the largest igr all over Nigeria is someone can control Lagos state tax that person own Nigeria any which way ok. Alphabet needed to be scraped off if we want a new Lagos ok.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Guk: 10:44am On Mar 11, 2023
Switruth:
Dapagun. Please tell us what you’ll do if you’re in his shoes for the first 100 days in office. Abi dem send you come? Gerrearu here right now. You don’t know notn

I wonder when 100 days became a benchmark?

Results speak for themselves, just get on with the job!
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by olaolulazio(m): 10:44am On Mar 11, 2023
This guy is unwise and doesn't understand most things cus of desperation.

He's a fantastic dude tho.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Omoawoke: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
These one does not understand both politics and governance and is most likely going to cause more problems than solve them.

This is the person they are touting for governor? He can't even manage a local government with this ideas of his

you are too sensible to be ignored , what do u want for the weekend.?
There’s nothing new GRV is bringing to the table
He is an opportunist, playing to the gallery. He will elect monument for the people that died in lekki, so that’s the moment he expected us to start jubilating in excitement

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ProtectMyMoney: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2023
abuhusna1:
I don't like opportunist as this guy is trying to benefit from chaos they caused to claim he is a messiah

Lagosians deserve transparency

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by soullove1881(m): 10:45am On Mar 11, 2023
azpekuliar:

The first step to doing that is cutting waste. The N5bn a month to Alphabet will go some way to achieving that.

I like that he said he would cancel Alpha beta but he forgets to mention his alternative? See bro, individual (civil servant) will steal the said 5B in a month.
Till now, 70% of state Govs can't collect taxes for their own. You think nah child's play?

He can only look for another company but he will still have to pay their salaries, logistics, training, etc. which will run into billions.

If want to stop using govt electricity for instance, you need Solar or Generator.

8 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by creatorsverse(m): 10:45am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post

All of this and there is no security of lives and property in your plan?? You think APC will handover Lagos to you in a platter of gold?? There will be a serious war in the upcoming days if you win, one I do not wish to be part of

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Buhari & Hameed Ali In Military Uniform / Sylvester Debe Ojukwu Is Dead! Ojukwu's First Son Dies (PHOTO) / Diezani Allison-Madueke's House Used As COVID-19 Isolation Centre In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.