Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu (35701 Views)

Rivers Traditional Council Pledges Support For Wike’s Preferred Candidates / UK Has No Preferred Candidate In Nigeria's Election - British HC / Buhari Told Us He Has No Preferred Candidate - Northern APC Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by 2mercy: 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2023
The President-elect, Bola Tinubu, has revealed that he has no preferred candidates for the leadership of both chambers who will constitute the 10th National Assembly.

Tinubu, who was represented by the Vice President-Elect, Kashim Shettima, disclosed this at the meeting with new members-elect to the National Assembly.

A member-elect for Bungudu/Maru Federal Constituency of Zamfara State, Abdulmalik Bungudu, revealed this to our correspondent shortly after the meeting.

Bungudu, who spoke in the Hausa language, revealed that Tinubu told attendees that he had no preferred candidates for any of the principal offices of the 10th NASS.

According to him, “For now, he (Tinubu) said he doesn’t have anybody that he prefers to have as Senate President or Speaker, but consultations are going to continue to get the way out for the party and to also ensure the party emerges victorious in the forthcoming governorship and Houses of Assembly elections.”

https://punchng.com/i-have-no-preferred-candidates-for-senate-presidency-says-tinubu/?amp

52 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Xscape1993(m): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2023
One man in one corner is talking about the choice of a Senate President when the process is still under question...we have completely lost our core values as living beings....

206 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by helinues: 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
His Excellency, don't start your regime with a wrong move.

Give the SP position to SS cos they deserved it.

SP position is for loyal friends not the saboteurs

250 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by amnesty7: 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2023
God really helped us. Imagine if it were the yonder man that won the presidency, we for no hear word.
Once again, Congratulations to the Great Asiwaju!!!

283 Likes 33 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
helinues:

Asiwaju knows what he’s doing, he will satisfy every region

226 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by helinues: 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Asiwaju knows what he’s doing, he will satisfy every region

That's normal thing but accordingly...

Those who deserves SP will get it while those who deserves clerk will get it.

177 Likes 22 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by 377: 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2023
You never take over kasheem don they represent you na wao

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Montegue(m): 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
Thiefnubuu has already sold that spot to the highest bidder

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
helinues:

That's normal thing but accordingly...

Those who deserves SP will get it while those who deserves clerk will get it.
Who deserve clerk? I don’t like half talks, talk am full make everywhere scatter grin

165 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by MuchAdo: 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
Nice one

It's too early to begin any horse-trading as the electoral process is still ongoing

31 Likes

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by helinues: 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Who deserve clerk? I don’t like half talks, talk am full make everywhere scatter grin

The only thing you can hear from my mouth regarding Iyawo Baale, Iyawo Baale la Tom Tom ni oo

grin

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
helinues:

Anything regarding Iyawo Baale, Iyawo Baale la Tom Tom ni oo

grin
Aa abeg I no fit laugh 😆. If the heat is too much, let them quit nairaland. It’s like that Osu prince is on ban kikikiki, he’s been silent on Obiloser’s case

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by kcnwaigbo: 9:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
helinues:

Urchin talking as if anyone of note in APC knows whether he exists.

I don't even care who becomes senate president,the truth is that even Tinubu or Buhari cannot singularly determine who becomes the next senate president.

If the APC makes a wrong move with an unpopular candidate the events of 2015 will happen again.
The opposition together have almost same number of senate and HOR seats like in 2015

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by helinues: 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Aa abeg I no fit laugh 😆. If the heat is too much, let them quit nairaland. It’s like that Osu prince is on ban kikikiki, he’s been silent on Obiloser’s case

Make the Guber and SC waka pass, na that time dem go know say Sisi Quadri na just an average bad mouthed from SW

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by helinues: 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Urchin talking as if anyone of note in APC knows whether he exists.

I don't even care who becomes senate president,the truth is that even Tinubu or Buhari cannot singularly determine who becomes the next senate president.

If the APC makes a wrong move with an unpopular candidate the events of 2015 will happen again.
The opposition together have almost same number of senate and HOR seats like in 2015

If you don't truly care, why are you responding to my comments or where did you see me mentioning your region?

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by obi4eze(m): 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2023
grin

That's if you will be President. Of course you won't be. Just answer President-elect for now. That's the closest you'll come to the seat. The real owner of the mandate will get it back sir. You won't rule.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Ofunaofu: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
helinues:

helinues, I have asked, what will a senate President of South East extraction do differently

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by kcnwaigbo: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
helinues:

If you don't truly care, why are you responding to my comments or where did you see me mentioning your region?
Where is it stated I must not post on nairaland because I don't care who becomes senate president amongst the newly elected,109 senators?

17 Likes

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
helinues:

Make the Guber and SC waka pass, na that time dem go know say Sisi Quadri na just an average bad mouthed from SW
There shall be no peace for any Obidients after Sanwo Olu is returned as governor elect. They don’t have an idea of the soup I’m cooking for them. I think that Gbadebo boy is on nairaland and he must have tasted my bitter stew, my stew is not sweet at all grin grin grin

105 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by LeoDeKing: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
Good one.

Let the senators slug it out among themselves.

No region should be given on account of any useless pacification.

When they are done searching for their imaginary mandate, they should go back to their default setting.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by FreeStuffsNG: 9:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
He has preferred candidates wink

He has but it is not yet the time to give his choice,will be too early.

He is setting the tone for what the priority of the Senators-elect should be for now:
Go back home and work assidiously on the campaign field, door to door for the election of your APC Governorship and State House of Assembly candidates.

The outcome of the Governorship and States Houses of Assembly will equally be used to evaluate those who will be eventually agreed upon. Only the North Central stands the best chance to give APC another clean sweep.

North Central will get the Senate Presidency based on their loyalty and performance.

The APC Senators from the South East will not get it.
check my signature for free stuffs!

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by helinues: 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
There shall be no peace for any Obidients after Sanwo Olu is returned as governor elect. They don’t have an idea of the soup I’m cooking for them. I think that Gbadebo boy is on nairaland and he must have tasted my bitter stew, my stew is not sweet at all grin grin grin

We are lobbying all the state assemblies across SW for some new policies, oh boy, even those who no buy go pay ..

Good music no be by loudness

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Trackstars: 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
U don't have but your people have
Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by fasho01(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
In fairness and equity you stand my presidoooo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Goodconcept78: 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by seunlayi(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
Lies. With all your planning and desperation to get to that place you are now telling us you have no candidate for that important position. Egbon Tinubu, you just lied

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by BrokenCondom: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
We know you do

1 Like

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by undisputedKOC: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
Senate President is for Niger Delta people, either Oshiomole or Akpabio should take it. God punish any Igbo bastard that thinks they will get Senate President or Speaker under Tinubu government when the useless people couldn't even give more than 2% votes to APC. That's why Buhari called them 5% tribe. They are politically useless. We have won elections 3 times back to back without Igbo votes. Nobody needs those lousy inconsequential noisemakers undecided

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by mannobi(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
In this scheme of things some people are suggesting orji Kalu but let's see the performance of the apc in his state. Compared to oshomole. Oshomole had 100k votes to emerge winner in his state as a senator and the president elect has 100k votes but can you say so of Orji kalu? He won yet his party didn't get 10 percent of votes. Which means he was only concerned about his ambition and not that of his party. Such a person is not a party man. He doesn't deserve the seat of the senate president.
In all sincerity senator Godswill Akpabio deserves it more for his contribution to the growth of the party and his region. If Akpabio cannot get it then Special considerations should be made for either David Umahi or Osho baba

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have No Preferred Candidates For Senate Presidency - Tinubu by Mufasa27(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
Take your time Jagaban, In you we trust !!!

BAT till 2031

36 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi And LP's Case Dismissed At PEPT / Zahra Buhari's Wedding Plans Unveiled, As President Meets Ahmed Indimi / Adeleke: I Have Brought Light To Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.